2010 MLB Dynasty League Thread

Moderator: TyCobb

Chach
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 2

Re: MLB Dynasty League Offseason Thread (draft in progress) 

Post#481 » by Chach » Thu Jun 24, 2010 7:54 pm

Now wait a minute you cheeky little monkey. I first announced that this was going to be my last year in my dramaqueen moment during the off-season. Yet you had NOOOOOOOOOOOO issue at all sending me a trade proposal asking for Ellsbury, Holland, Vizcaino, and Colome for Marlon Byrd's career year and Vlad finding the fountain of youth. That's FINE because it benefited you. But god forbid someone else benefit from me gunning for a title this year or, gasp, me actually being competitive this year. Just like with the prospect status. We have ALWAYS counted cumulative stats. In fact, part of the reason I have Ubaldo was because he ran out of innings because of his September call-up and for good call-up and BG said screw it, I renounce my rights to him. I picked him up and am better for it.

Those picks have value and they are my property. If someone is willing to pay me good value for them, why can't I trade them? I'm not floundering in 10th place and am going to sell off parts to undermine the league. THAT is a trade worth vetoing, I agree. But I'm actually competitive, I'm the hottest team in the league and I was weak at one position. I overpaid a bit to get one of the top 3 offensive players at that position and if Chipper bounces back, I can finally have a bat to replace Carlos Lee with. It's a fair trade, even though I may have gotten the short end of the long term stick, but it makes me team that much stronger today and next season.

So rather than come in here and piss and moan about how horrible of a commish you are for only ruling in your favor and blah blah blah until you're tired of hearing me complain that you bend, I'm going to save everyone the trouble and announce and announce my Brett Favre inspired change of heart and I'll be around for next season. I have all stars at most of my positions and my pitching staff is all under 28 and Cy Young caliber. This is the team I was hoping to have when I finished out of the playoffs every year while I was "rebuilding". So my team's recent success has renewed my spirits and vigor for fantasy baseball and you're stuck with me. And MGD gets to keep those two draft picks. I stand by my statement about looking to upgrade for this season but unless you people can come up with legit trade requests instead of horribly one sided deals, consider Wieters and Feliz off the table. mahalo
~Chach~
TyCobb
Forum Mod - Lakers
Forum Mod - Lakers
And1: 9,835

Post#482 » by TyCobb » Thu Jun 24, 2010 8:59 pm

Yes! I always thought you were a bit of dumb **** for ditching that team anyways. Way to realize you were being one! Woo hoo!
Chach
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#483 » by Chach » Thu Jun 24, 2010 9:58 pm

Finishing out of the playoffs every year, including a last place finish, takes some of the gusto out of your sails. And seeing as I am too swamped in my life to follow baseball as much as I used to (I've been much more liberal about trading prospects and picks because, frankly, I don't know **** about any of them), I figured I'd cut bait. But my team is pretty solid at this point and I could actually contend for a few years, which is what I always wanted when I drafted Miguel Cabrera 6th overall and got a few chuckles.

Please return the rosters back to the proper set-up Sett. mahalo
~Chach~
CFan21
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 18

Post#484 » by CFan21 » Thu Jun 24, 2010 10:35 pm

Chach get out of here with that, I didn't rule my favor. In our trade I gave you a fair deal, probably even a favorable deal. You got two impact bats and a top young pitcher and none of the guys I got in return have even contributed yet, they've been hurt.

Just for future reference if a manager says they're leaving, they will not be allowed to trade away future draft picks. If you're really not leaving, fine, you and MGD can make that trade. BUT, if you say you're not leaving just so you can trade away your draft picks and then peace anyways, just so everybody knows, in that situation I would nullify any draft picks other managers received in trades with you. I realize that this is going to result in you saying that I'm messing with your right to make deals, but what I'm really trying to do is discourage a thinly-veiled fire sale that screws with the league. So if you've legitimately changed your mind and want to pledge that you're staying, those picks are all yours to trade and go ahead with that deal.
Chach
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#485 » by Chach » Thu Jun 24, 2010 11:16 pm

No, that is the role of the commish. If you snuff out BS, you need to call people on it. My buddy is in a league where the kid in 11th place colluded with with another owner to give way lopsided deals so that his buddy would have a super. That's bull. My deal with MGD wasn't like that, I am trying to win this year and am making a real push. Just like when I gave up a considerable amount of future talent to you to get two impact bats for my offense. MGD is not going to win this year and he traded his back-up catcher and a possibly retiring third baseman for some youth and draft picks. Holland is going to give you much more value over the life of this league than Vlad will for me but Holland's value is not going to help me now and neither will those picks. I'm not trying to screw over the league, that's where my beef is at.

If I say I'll be in it, I'll be in it. I've been a man of my word thus far, sometimes to the detriment of the off-line draft, but if I say I'm going to be in the league I will be. mahalo
~Chach~
kazanovicz
Junior
And1: 23

Post#486 » by kazanovicz » Fri Jun 25, 2010 2:33 am

Chach wrote: I overpaid a bit to get one of the top 3 offensive players at that position and if Chipper bounces back, I can finally have a bat to replace Carlos Lee with.

The chances of Chipper bouncing back are about as good as Bigboy making a fair trade offer
CFan21
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#487 » by CFan21 » Fri Jun 25, 2010 3:37 pm

As soon as (or if) MGD approves the conditions placed on the draft picks I will process the trade.
MGD24
Starter
And1: 47

Post#488 » by MGD24 » Fri Jun 25, 2010 4:21 pm

Setterlund wrote:As soon as (or if) MGD approves the conditions placed on the draft picks I will process the trade.

Confirmed. I understand
CFan21
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#489 » by CFan21 » Sat Jun 26, 2010 3:57 pm

Chach are you **** with me?
formerly CelticsFan21
Chach
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#490 » by Chach » Sun Jun 27, 2010 7:45 pm

YEEEEEEEEEEEEAH you and I have the same reaction. That was suppose to be Snider instead of Huff, I think I **** up. mahalo
~Chach~
TyCobb
Forum Mod - Lakers
Forum Mod - Lakers

Post#491 » by TyCobb » Sun Jun 27, 2010 10:47 pm

This just keeps getting better.

Carry on.
Read more, learn more, change your posts.
OldNo7
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 60

Post#492 » by OldNo7 » Sun Jun 27, 2010 10:58 pm

I cant tell if you guys think I'm an idiot or think Chach is an idiot.

Snider was never offered in any package.
Twitter: @NickObergan
Chach
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#493 » by Chach » Sun Jun 27, 2010 11:31 pm

Are you serious? Of course I'm the idiot, I'm the one who sent the trade offer. I meant to send you Young and Snider for Wieters because Young and Huff is a god damn hose job for me. And now Victor Martinez has a fractured thumb. Balls. mahalo
~Chach~
CFan21
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#494 » by CFan21 » Mon Jun 28, 2010 3:54 am

I figured you may have been drunk at the time of the trade. Based on current production its an acceptable deal I guess. At least Wieters is going to a guy like OldNo7 and not Bigboy, that makes it go down a little easier.
OldNo7
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#495 » by OldNo7 » Tue Jun 29, 2010 2:52 pm

Anyone interested in a football keeper league I'm creating? 4 spots open, see the fantasy football board on realgm. Thanks
TyCobb
Forum Mod - Lakers
Forum Mod - Lakers

Post#496 » by TyCobb » Fri Jul 2, 2010 3:04 am

I'd be interested if it's a dynasty league like this where there isn't a limit on players to keep. Do you guys have a limit on the keepers?
OldNo7
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#497 » by OldNo7 » Fri Jul 2, 2010 10:28 am

yes
TyCobb
Forum Mod - Lakers
Forum Mod - Lakers

Post#498 » by TyCobb » Wed Jul 7, 2010 7:02 pm

Jason Donald from the Cleveland Indians needs to be picked up.
Buster Posey from the San Francisco Giants needs to be picked up.
OldNo7
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#499 » by OldNo7 » Thu Jul 8, 2010 11:04 pm

Kaz your PMs are turned off so I cant reply to you. But I am not interested in trading young for old.
meatball sub
RealGM
And1: 9,356

Post#500 » by meatball sub » Fri Jul 9, 2010 6:19 pm

Introducing your new #1 prospect in baseball. A thinner, faster version of Ryan Howard... Domonic Brown

WOOO HOO!!!!

Return to Fantasy Baseball