ImageImageImage

J. Garcia Traded to Minnesota

Moderator: HMFFL

TheKingofSting
RealGM
And1: 2,163

J. Garcia Traded to Minnesota  

Post#1 » by TheKingofSting » Thu Jul 20, 2017 11:21 pm

Still waiting on what we got in return. It must be pretty good with nearly two weeks left to field offers.

Blair has been called up from GWI to take Garcia's rotation spot for now according to Grant M. on Twitter.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
President of the Quinn Cook Fan Club

Bradley Beal has D Wade potential
Nemesis21
RealGM
And1: 6,608

Re: J. Garcia traded to Twins 

Post#2 » by Nemesis21 » Thu Jul 20, 2017 11:52 pm

TheKingofSting
RealGM

J. Garcia traded to Twins 

Post#3 » by TheKingofSting » Fri Jul 21, 2017 12:11 am

6:12pm: It seems the swap is done except for the formalities. It’s being finalized right now, tweets Jon Heyman of Fan Rag, while MLB.com’s Rhett Bollinger adds on Twitter that the sides are currently waiting on medical assessments. Atlanta will be receiving a minor-league player in return, he adds.

mlbtraderumors.com

6:44pm: It’s possible the Twins will be receiving an additional player in the deal, per LaVelle E. Neal III of the Star Tribune (via Twitter), though it seems that’d likely be a lower-level player of some kind.

mlbtraderumors.com

Maybe we are getting a pretty good prospect(s) if Coppy is adding a player, maybe Blair is going to Minnesota also?

TheKingofSting
RealGM

J. Garcia traded to Twins 

Post#4 » by TheKingofSting » Fri Jul 21, 2017 12:28 am

I read on the Braves' Scout site that the Twins reportedly weren't willing to trade from their upper level prospects for a rental. It was speculated would the Twins give up on Buxton like Texas is reportedly willing to do with Profar? The Twins farm system is reportedly not all that impressive.

This better be a good deal for ATL with still a week and a half left to field offers on Garcia.

TheKingofSting
RealGM

Post#5 » by TheKingofSting » Fri Jul 21, 2017 2:10 am

8:24pm: Minnesota is “very likely” to take over all of Garcia’s remaining salary (about $4.7MM), per 1500 ESPN’s Darren Wolfson (via Twitter).

mlbtraderumors.com

I don't think we are getting much back if that's the case.

I also heard there will be no official announcement tonight.

ATL Boy
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 4,003

Post#6 » by ATL Boy » Fri Jul 21, 2017 7:44 am

Jaime for Colon!! (Green Font)

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM mobile app
SichtingLives wrote:life hack:

When a man heaves a live chainsaw towards you from distance, stand still. No one has good accuracy throwing a chainsaw.
Nemesis21
RealGM

Post#7 » by Nemesis21 » Fri Jul 21, 2017 11:48 am

Still no word on who we get back, I really hope Coppy didn't sell Garcia low. Not saying we'd get a top prospect, but better be at least mid level.
Nemesis21
RealGM

Post#8 » by Nemesis21 » Fri Jul 21, 2017 2:37 pm

Teams besides the Twins are still talking to the Braves about Garcia, MLB.com’s Mark Feinsand reports (via Twitter). It isn’t known who the other clubs in the mix are, though earlier today, MLB.com’s Mark Bowman tweeted that the Astros and Royals were two of the the teams that had previously shown interest in Garcia. Kansas City, however, now appears to be more focused on acquiring a right-handed starter.
Ruzious
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 11,579

Post#9 » by Ruzious » Fri Jul 21, 2017 6:15 pm

Looking at Minnesota's best prospects, Stephen Gonsalves (2nd) and Fernando Romero (4th) are impressive AA pitchers. Travis Blankenhorn is rated their 7th best prospect - he's a really good hitting prospect who could project to 3rd base. Minnesota's not ranked high overall for prospects, but they do have some interesting ones that might be underrated.
"A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools." - Douglas Adams
Ruzious
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 11,579

Post#10 » by Ruzious » Fri Jul 21, 2017 7:50 pm

Garcia, as of now, is scheduled to start tonight, so there is no completed trade. We'll have to stay tuned to see if he actually does start.
"A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools." - Douglas Adams
Nemesis21
RealGM

Post#11 » by Nemesis21 » Fri Jul 21, 2017 8:16 pm

It is still possible that the Twins will acquire Garcia, though MLB.com’s Mark Bowman reports that such a trade is “not probable.”

I hope Minny isn't the trade partner, rumor is we would have been getting a low level prospect. Plenty of time to shop Garcia. We can do better than a low level prospect.
TheKingofSting
RealGM

Post#12 » by TheKingofSting » Fri Jul 21, 2017 8:44 pm

@Feinsand: Source: Jaime Garcia to the Twins is not a done deal. In fact, source said other teams are still talking to the Braves about Garcia.<br>As of now, source says Braves are preparing for Garcia to start against the Dodgers tonight. Of course, a lot can happen in 11 hours.

Looks like Minny is playing hardball.

TheKingofSting
RealGM

Post#13 » by TheKingofSting » Fri Jul 21, 2017 9:31 pm

There is still hope to get Fisher from the Astros, at least!

Nemesis21
RealGM

Post#14 » by Nemesis21 » Fri Jul 21, 2017 11:04 pm

TheKingofSting wrote:There is still hope to get Fisher from the Astros, at least!

We're not getting that kid for Garcia, maybe for Teheran.
TheKingofSting
RealGM

Re: J. Garcia Trade Watch Thread 

Post#15 » by TheKingofSting » Sat Jul 22, 2017 7:05 am

3 ER in 7 innings against the best team in the NL at their ballpark AND a Grand Slam. I bet Coppy's phone is ringing nonstop!

Nemesis21
RealGM

Post#16 » by Nemesis21 » Sat Jul 22, 2017 7:56 pm

Righty Nick Burdi was involved in the deal, Rosenthal tweets. Burdi had Tommy John surgery in late May and will be out until next season. The Braves already obviously would have been aware of that, and they haven’t shied away from acquiring injured pitchers in the past (such as Max Fried, who they got when they traded Justin Upton to the Padres in the 2014-15 offseason). So perhaps the player whose medicals they took issue with was someone else. It’s still possible, though, that they saw less than they hoped for in Burdi’s medical reports. The 24-year-old Burdi had an 0.53 ERA, 10.6 K/9 and 2.1 BB/9 in 17 relief innings with Double-A Chattanooga before the injury.

Burdi is the Twins 17th ranked prospect. We can do better than that. No clue why we were selling Garcia low. After last night more teams are interested, sell high!!
TheKingofSting
RealGM

Post#17 » by TheKingofSting » Sat Jul 22, 2017 8:37 pm

Nemesis21 wrote:Righty Nick Burdi was involved in the deal, Rosenthal tweets. Burdi had Tommy John surgery in late May and will be out until next season. The Braves already obviously would have been aware of that, and they haven’t shied away from acquiring injured pitchers in the past (such as Max Fried, who they got when they traded Justin Upton to the Padres in the 2014-15 offseason). So perhaps the player whose medicals they took issue with was someone else. It’s still possible, though, that they saw less than they hoped for in Burdi’s medical reports. The 24-year-old Burdi had an 0.53 ERA, 10.6 K/9 and 2.1 BB/9 in 17 relief innings with Double-A Chattanooga before the injury.

Burdi is the Twins 17th ranked prospect. We can do better than that. No clue why we were selling Garcia low. After last night more teams are interested, sell high!!

Hopefully that trade is dead, we could get MUCH BETTER for Garcia.

Nemesis21
RealGM

Post#18 » by Nemesis21 » Sat Jul 22, 2017 8:48 pm

TheKingofSting wrote:
Nemesis21 wrote:Righty Nick Burdi was involved in the deal, Rosenthal tweets. Burdi had Tommy John surgery in late May and will be out until next season. The Braves already obviously would have been aware of that, and they haven’t shied away from acquiring injured pitchers in the past (such as Max Fried, who they got when they traded Justin Upton to the Padres in the 2014-15 offseason). So perhaps the player whose medicals they took issue with was someone else. It’s still possible, though, that they saw less than they hoped for in Burdi’s medical reports. The 24-year-old Burdi had an 0.53 ERA, 10.6 K/9 and 2.1 BB/9 in 17 relief innings with Double-A Chattanooga before the injury.

Hopefully that trade is dead, we could get MUCH BETTER for Garcia.

As of now it is dead.
ATL Boy
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 4,003

Post#19 » by ATL Boy » Sun Jul 23, 2017 11:46 am

8 teams calling for Jaime, let's get a bidding war started like when the Mets has super interest in a rental Carlos Beltran way back when, and then spun that into a top 50 ranked Zach Wheeler

We should get a better return than a 17th prospect (maybe not as good as Wheeler was but better than Burdi).

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM mobile app
SichtingLives wrote:life hack:

When a man heaves a live chainsaw towards you from distance, stand still. No one has good accuracy throwing a chainsaw.
Nemesis21
RealGM

Post#20 » by Nemesis21 » Mon Jul 24, 2017 9:31 pm

Garcia and Recker traded to Twins for a worse prospect than Burdi. :banghead:

https://www.mlbtraderumors.com/atlanta-braves

No clue why they sold Garcia so low. :nonono: :banghead:

Return to Atlanta Braves