ImageImageImageImageImage

Alan Wrong - Key to getting Lebron Could be Stoudemire

Moderators: Jeff Van Gully, dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, mpharris36, GONYK, HerSports85

Lottery Bound
Sixth Man
And1: 0

Alan Wrong - Key to getting Lebron Could be Stoudemire 

Post#1 » by Lottery Bound » Sun May 16, 2010 12:32 am

http://www.newsday.com/sports/columnist ... -1.1914037
For Donnie Walsh, the mission is obvious: Get Amar'e Stoudemire and you get LeBron James.

Of course, it isn't quite that simple. First of all, with James' situation so unpredictable - will he stay in Cleveland, will he go to Chicago, will he choose New York? - it is believed that Stoudemire has his mind set on joining Dwyane Wade and the Miami Heat.

A person with knowledge of the situation said Wade already has started making his recruiting pitch to Stoudemire, who is still playing as the Phoenix Suns face the Lakers in the Western Conference finals. NBA rules forbid teams from contacting players under contract with other teams, but players are allowed to talk to each other whenever they want.
Wilson Chandlaa
Junior
And1: 0

Re: Alan Wrong - Key to getting Lebron Could be Stoudemire 

Post#2 » by Wilson Chandlaa » Sun May 16, 2010 12:44 am

I don't see where it says Lebron wants Amare but I would love the idea of matching those two together
Pharmcat
RealGM
And1: 19,012

Post#3 » by Pharmcat » Sun May 16, 2010 12:45 am

alan wrong blows
superjay779
Rookie
And1: 70

Post#4 » by superjay779 » Sun May 16, 2010 12:51 am

Alan makes Peter Vecey look like a dignified journalist.
Knicker23
General Manager
And1: 139

Post#5 » by Knicker23 » Sun May 16, 2010 12:55 am

It may be true, but it's nothing new... If James goes to NYC he's certainly going to want other player (s) to go with him.. and Amar'e could possibly be one.. or Bosh..

I don't think Amare is dealing with any of that right now though.. nor do I think Wade is making a sales pitch.. and tbh, I think James, as well as the fans, would want Bosh over Amare anyway...

Perhaps most interesting about this article is that Hahn mentions he has info that says Tony Parker, despite saying he wants to stay in SA, would still like to be traded to NYC....
FutureKnicksGM
Head Coach
And1: 1,505

Post#6 » by FutureKnicksGM » Sun May 16, 2010 12:55 am

Lol, Alan must think we can't get Bosh so he just moved to the next guy in line(Amare).
Remember the Past
Assistant Coach
And1: 1
Location: Screw Wes and LeDiva. Keep Lee. Trust Donnie. Give the Rookies a chance.

Post#7 » by Remember the Past » Sun May 16, 2010 1:01 am

Lebron and Amare in D'antoni's system would be amazing, probably better than Lebron and Bosh. Too bad it won't happen.
DirtyDez
Suns Forum College Scout
And1: 6,311

Post#8 » by DirtyDez » Sun May 16, 2010 1:03 am

That pick N roll would be the greatest of all time.

TD
Lebron
Gallo
Amare
Okafor

Not fair.
fromthetop321 wrote:I got Lebron number 1, he is also leading defensive player of the year. Curry's game still reminds me of Jeremy Lin to much.
Smoke24
RealGM
And1: 11

Post#9 » by Smoke24 » Sun May 16, 2010 1:03 am

Damn Wade, can Stoudamire win the Championship first?
Synciere
Head Coach
And1: 4,544

Post#10 » by Synciere » Sun May 16, 2010 1:29 am

I completely agree.

I have no problem with stacking. I completely understood when Boston traded for Allen and Garnett. But when you start stacking Olympians WHILE they're Olympians, it's beyond unfair. I think Lebron, DWade and CB4 decide NOT to team up together. That would tarnish their legacies more than anything else. CB has lready said he wants his team. Lebron was talking about JJ. Wade, Amare.

The race is going to begin with their respective sidekicks. Lebron and Wade are going to want Amare first, Boozer second. CB is going to want JJ to play in the Knicks. Its the only fair way...

Simply put, Amare is the fourth most talented player in free agency.
BLACKFEET 2010
RealGM
And1: 3,847

Post#11 » by BLACKFEET 2010 » Sun May 16, 2010 2:40 am

I have a theory.

I think he's angling for us to really pull out all the stops. ALL THE STOPS.
Where did all this Chicago talk even come from?
He is enamored with the city of NY. Everyone knows this. But he knows what his name on a Knick Jersey does for the franchise and city as a whole. Not to mention the sport of basketball and the NBA. He knows his worth and wants to be compensated for it.

As far as salary, we all know the rules. And after this "performance"
in the playoffs, it's obvious he's checked outta Cleveland. So I honestly think
they're not even a factor from a negotiating standpoint. The extra year and security stuff does not apply to him, or else he woulda signed a long time ago. He's not Bosh, Amare or even Wade.
He's the only one that can truly not sweat the extra year as it's almost a guarantee he'd find ways to offset the money lost in an outright signing with endorsements and investments. Who am I kidding? No almost. It's a guarantee and then some.

Like I said, dude loves NYC. It's the perfect fit for his agenda.
He's sending out feelers to let us know he will consider other options. Which he really won't.
But he's gonna make sure we understand his worth and do his bidding.
I don't think it's about us getting Bosh or Amar'e first either.

I think he and his team are thinking takeover. He wants it all. They are constructing a proposal
of epic proportions to counter ours': Lebron, the "horsemen", Leon Rose, Uncle Wes and the rest of the "team" want their billion-dollar plan served on a platter...in a way that won't undermine NBA
rules. Donnie's lawyer roots ensure a clean transaction in the eyes of whomever is really keeping score. This is a huge deal. It's not just salary or endorsements. It's ownership. Not necessarily the Knicks or the Garden, though I won't rule that out either but the wooing of Lebron will include not only stars of screen and stage but financial bigwigs and old money ready to plug he and his right in. Multimedia domination unseen by any athlete past or present is his goal.

It's been documented that Michael Jordan pumped 10 billion dollars into the economy but does he have 5 billion? 2 billion? 1? And no, it ain't that much gambling or cigars in the world. In essence, Lebron is pulling a Jay-Z..."payin' ****** back for what they did to the Cold Crush". He wants that billie now. Not twenty years from now. NOW. He thinks a lot of himself and knows we do too. If we lose him, after being so close, it would be a crushing blow as he was damn-near gift-wrapped to us by the sum of the last seven year's events. He wants to be paid like the icon he is. No pennies on the dollar. He wants us bad but his team will ensure that we don't take that for granted. Again, just my theory but one I think isn't as far fetched as you are ready to reply it is.
Boss_
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 233

Post#12 » by Boss_ » Sun May 16, 2010 2:44 am

uhh.didn't Stoudamire say he wants to stay in Phoenix as long as they offer him the proper contract and dont lowball him?
I could have sworn I read that at a couple of places a month ago.
GONYK
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 42,118

Post#13 » by GONYK » Sun May 16, 2010 2:45 am

BLACKFEET 2010 wrote:I have a theory.

He is enamored with the city of NY. Everyone knows this. But he knows what his name on a Knick Jersey does for the franchise and city as a whole. Not to mention the sport of basketball and the NBA. He knows his worth and wants to be compensated for it.

they're not even a factor from a negotiating standpoint. The extra year and security stuff does not apply to him, or else he woulda signed a long time ago. He's not Bosh, Amare or even Wade.
He's the only one that can truly not sweat the extra year as it's almost a guarantee he'd find ways to offset the money lost in an outright signing with endorsements and investments. Who am I kidding? No almost. It's a guarantee and then some.

He's sending out feelers to let us know he will consider other options. Which he really won't.

I think he and his team are thinking takeover. He wants it all. They are constructing a proposal
of epic proportions to counter ours': Lebron, the "horsemen", Leon Rose, Uncle Wes and the rest of the "team" want their billion-dollar plan served on a platter...in a way that won't undermine NBA
rules. Donnie's lawyer roots ensure a clean transaction in the eyes of whomever is really keeping score. This is a huge deal. It's not just salary or endorsements. It's ownership. Not necessarily the Knicks or the Garden, though I won't rule that out either but the wooing of Lebron will include not only stars of screen and stage but financial bigwigs and old money ready to plug he and his right in. Multimedia domination unseen by any athlete past or present is his goal.

It's been documented that Michael Jordan pumped 10 billion dollars into the economy but does he have 5 billion? 2 billion? 1? And no, it ain't that much gambling or cigars in the world. In essence, Lebron is pulling a Jay-Z..."payin' ****** back for what they did to the Cold Crush". He wants that billie now. Not twenty years from now. NOW. He thinks a lot of himself and knows we do too. If we lose him, after being so close, it would be a crushing blow as he was damn-near gift-wrapped to us by the sum of the last seven year's events. He wants to be paid like the icon he is. No pennies on the dollar. He wants us bad but his team will ensure that we don't take that for granted. Again, just my theory but one I think isn't as far fetched as you are ready to reply it is.

I don't think it's far-fetched at all. I was just thinking today how astonishing it is that Jordan isn't a billionaire all things considered. Lebron is definitely after money above all else this summer, and i think it would take something like this to make him sign on the dotted line.
drj
Analyst
And1: 71

Post#14 » by drj » Sun May 16, 2010 2:48 am

YES. +1000000

I think LeBron's team has suddenly planted all these Chicago rumors. It is not surprise that these Chicago rumors have suddenly erupted out of nowhere, just as everyone can see that LeBron is obviously done in Cleveland. This is all about leverage.

I'm not sure if LeBron's team is after a cut of the ownership, tv shows, payouts to their other clients (like Coach Cal) or what, though I expect that the billion dollar figure looms large in their planning. But when all is said and done, I expect they'll get everything they want. And we'll get the king.
Big C
RealGM

Post#15 » by Big C » Sun May 16, 2010 2:52 am

I really doubt that Amar'e would leave Phoenix right now. He has already stated that he likes being coached and by Gentry and has blasted Mike D'Antoni's system. I would be shocked if signed with the Knicks.
SportsGuy8
Starter
And1: 1,050

Post#16 » by SportsGuy8 » Sun May 16, 2010 2:52 am

:lol: Darth James. :D

But let's suppose you're right. Don't you think the Nets are then a big option too? Maybe even bigger.
Imagine how many doors their new owner can open for LeBron. And I'm not talking just in NYC, but WORLDWIDE!?
If your thinking is right, LeBron would gain even much more by signing with the Nets ... And it wouldn't even be close. If that's what it's all about, the Knicks' only advantage would be being the Knicks, all the other advantages would be on the Nets' side. Why be a king of NYC when he can be king of the world. ;)

You haven't thought about that, right? ;)
method
RealGM
And1: 299

Post#17 » by method » Sun May 16, 2010 2:56 am

You are not getting past Howard with Bosh,Amare on the other hand I believe out of anyone in the NBA can go toe to toe with Howard.
Big C
RealGM

Post#18 » by Big C » Sun May 16, 2010 3:07 am

method wrote:You are not getting past Howard with Bosh,Amare on the other hand I believe out of anyone in the NBA can go toe to toe with Howard.

Good point Method. In order to beat any of these top teams the Knicks will have to be stacked.The Knicks will need a solid starting lineup as well as a good bench.
GONYK
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 42,118

Post#19 » by GONYK » Sun May 16, 2010 3:12 am

SportsGuy8 wrote: :lol: Darth James. :D

But let's suppose you're right. Don't you think the Nets are then a big option too? Maybe even bigger.
Imagine how many doors their new owner can open for LeBron. And I'm not talking just in NYC, but WORLDWIDE!?
If your thinking is right, LeBron would gain even much more by signing with the Nets ... And it wouldn't even be close. If that's what it's all about, the Knicks' only advantage would be being the Knicks, all the other advantages would be on the Nets' side. Why be a king of NYC when he can be king of the world. ;)

You haven't thought about that, right? ;)

Are the Nets even in the NBA?
BLACKFEET 2010
RealGM
And1: 3,847

Post#20 » by BLACKFEET 2010 » Sun May 16, 2010 3:13 am

"New York City 2010" has a different ring to it than "Brooklyn 2013 but Newark for now".
He wants to be in the capital of money. It's not about someone just handing him a check. And it ain't about legacy. He's gonna be a draw anywhere he goes and that city/state and franchise will prosper.
All owners are billionaires so it's not about which one is the wealthiest. It's about where are the most opportunities for he and his team. Who's gonna give him the best chance to reach that billion? The Nets are mired in too much uncertainty as far as front office and the move to BK. The owner, while he is extravagant and forward-thinking, will be a rookie in the coming season. Does his presence benefit the entire "team" or just Lebron? Remember, his "team" is full of young businessmen and agents. I don't think the prospect of gettin' global by way of Russia is more appealing than doing it from Wall Street. Everyone of his ties stands to gain from a piece of Manhattan in terms of both a figurative and literal geographical standpoint. If Jay-Z is truly a part of Lebron's inner circle, I think he'd tell him to get the NYK money since he's already plugged in with the playboy russkie. And honestly, do you think Lebron's ever even been to Brooklyn?
If it's NY it's the Knicks. 2010.

Return to New York Knicks