Image ImageImage Image

If we must.... DENG TRADES (merging)

Moderators: HomoSapien, kulaz3000, Michael Jackson, Ice Man, dougthonus, Tommy Udo 6 , DASMACKDOWN, GimmeDat, Payt10, RedBulls23, coldfish, AshyLarrysDiaper, fleet

DmoneyH3
Pro Prospect
And1: 1

Re: If we must.... DENG TRADES (merging) 

Post#91 » by DmoneyH3 » Wed Jul 23, 2008 4:29 am

Rudy, Martell, Raef, Future 1st
For
Deng
Does that work for both sides? I'm not a big Rudy homer and think he will want bigger minutes than he is going to get in PDX. It also slims Portland' roster down to a nice 9 man rotation. It would not be wise for Portland to just sign him in 09, because we'd have way too much talent and not enough room.
Clint Eastwood
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,081
Location: Taking my talents to South Beach (twice a day at times)

Post#92 » by Clint Eastwood » Wed Jul 23, 2008 6:05 am

DmoneyH3 wrote:Rudy, Martell, Raef, Future 1st
For
Deng
Does that work for both sides? I'm not a big Rudy homer and think he will want bigger minutes than he is going to get in PDX. It also slims Portland' roster down to a nice 9 man rotation. It would not be wise for Portland to just sign him in 09, because we'd have way too much talent and not enough room.

it certainly doesnt work for the bulls. and i suspect with the portland boards obsession with fernandez, they wouldnt trade him for lebron...
We have Martell Webster. He's called Kyle Korver here, and we shall love him and squeeze him and call him Ashton. -BrooklynBulls
The Evidence
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,621

Post#93 » by The Evidence » Wed Jul 23, 2008 7:00 pm

I'm down for a Deng+Hinrich to LAL deal for Odom+Farmar.

Gives us immediate cap relief, especially once Hughes is off the books for the wild summer of 2010.

Sure the rest of the NBA will never forgive us, but if we're able to sign LeBron in 2010, who cares?
Vlade4life
Junior
And1: 0

Post#94 » by Vlade4life » Wed Jul 23, 2008 7:37 pm

How about Odom, Farmar, and Ariza for Deng and Gooden? I'd gladly take Hinrich instead of Gooden, but I don't think Chicago really does that. I think they'd rather try to move him on his own if they're going to.
BullsIn20Ten
Freshman

Post#95 » by BullsIn20Ten » Wed Jul 23, 2008 7:40 pm

The Evidence wrote:I'm down for a Deng+Hinrich to LAL deal for Odom+Farmar.

Gives us immediate cap relief, especially once Hughes is off the books for the wild summer of 2010.

Sure the rest of the NBA will never forgive us, but if we're able to sign LeBron in 2010, who cares?

i don't really like criticizing other people's posts but you cant be serious??

trade our two best players for a pg who would take minutes away from rose and for Odom? thats the stupidest trade ever if the bulls did that i would never be a fan again...

Deng and Hinrich>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>> >>>Farmar Odom

and no we will not ever get Lebron if he leaves Cleveland he will be going to new york or the nets
Rose is the next big thing. Just wait...
waffle
RealGM
And1: 1,661
Location: Don't question the finger and do respect the black box. That is all.....

Post#96 » by waffle » Wed Jul 23, 2008 7:41 pm

Vlade4life wrote:How about Odom, Farmar, and Ariza for Deng and Gooden? I'd gladly take Hinrich instead of Gooden, but I don't think Chicago really does that. I think they'd rather try to move him on his own if they're going to.

Ugh

I am far from anti-trade. I think Deng and BG have potentially painted themselves into a corner (play hardball with Jerry? Bad idea) but most of the deals we can come up with that work are very yucky.

The above particularly. I don't want any of those players.

DESPITE it's complexity, I think our best bet is to somehow land another disgruntled RFA in a 3-way trade somehow. I still like the idea of targeting Iggy. At least I could see him being productive rather than just a body to make the salaries work.
The Evidence
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,621

Post#97 » by The Evidence » Wed Jul 23, 2008 8:04 pm

BullsIn20Ten wrote:

i don't really like criticizing other people's posts but you cant be serious??

trade our two best players for a pg who would take minutes away from rose and for Odom? thats the stupidest trade ever if the bulls did that i would never be a fan again...

Deng and Hinrich>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>> >>>Farmar Odom

and no we will not ever get Lebron if he leaves Cleveland he will be going to new york or the nets

Macherie, I'm well aware that Deng+Hinrich >>> Odom+Farmar in terms of productive talent. This is a business deal. We'd be dumping both Odom & Farmar after one season.

The whole idea behind my trade proposal was to unload salary since nobody on the current FA market is going to drastically improve our chances.

http://www.realgm.com/src_freeagents/2010/

There is a crapton of talent outside of LeBron available for 2010. Even if we dont get LBJ persay, there will be much better impact players available on the market than the current crop of RFAs and FAs. If we're going to be in a semi-rebuilding mode with Rose and Tyrus learning the ropes, why not create capspace and sit on it for the right summer to spend? Why overpay for average/above average talent now and handcuff ourselves for the proper summer to be spending?
AZ BLAZER
Starter

Post#98 » by AZ BLAZER » Wed Jul 23, 2008 10:37 pm

That would be one way to get Portland sitting at the trade table with ears perked up. No way KP would let Deng/Hinrich land on the LAL's for just Odom/Farmar. If something ridiculous like that was to be proposed seriously, Portland would have to take on Hughes to get Deng and sweeten the deal a little from their side. But no way JR proposes that deal to the Lakers. Heck, Portland could offer Raefs expiring and better talent than Farmar.
JD45
General Manager
And1: 261

Post#99 » by JD45 » Thu Jul 24, 2008 12:06 am

AZ BLAZER wrote:

That would be one way to get Portland sitting at the trade table with ears perked up. No way KP would let Deng/Hinrich land on the LAL's for just Odom/Farmar. If something ridiculous like that was to be proposed seriously, Portland would have to take on Hughes to get Deng and sweeten the deal a little from their side. But no way JR proposes that deal to the Lakers. Heck, Portland could offer Raefs expiring and better talent than Farmar.

Portland pretty much has to take Hughes to get enough salary to make the deal work with Deng's BYC.
"Government is the great fiction through which everyone endeavors to live at the expense of everybody else"

Frederic Bastiat
bulletbill
Bench Warmer
And1: 84

Post#100 » by bulletbill » Thu Jul 24, 2008 12:27 am

Lakers went to the finals this past season W/O Bynum. So keeping that fact in mind....how about something like, Hinrich, Deng, & Noah for Odom and Bynum? Could that work $ wise? And if that's not enough, take one of their bad contracts for Gooden (then we dump Noc after).

Rose
Gordon
Odom
Ty
Bynum

for Lakers...

Hinrich
Bryant
Deng
Gooden/Noah
Gasol

Return to Chicago Bulls