Image ImageImage Image

Trade Derrick Rose

Moderators: HomoSapien, kulaz3000, Michael Jackson, Ice Man, dougthonus, Tommy Udo 6 , DASMACKDOWN, GimmeDat, Payt10, RedBulls23, coldfish, AshyLarrysDiaper, fleet

theanimal23
RealGM
And1: 926

Re: Trade Derrick Rose 

Post#16 » by theanimal23 » Sun Dec 6, 2009 4:01 am

I agree - Rose will never be dealt unless it is for CP3 level players due to him being the #1 pick and being from Chicago. Hello ticket sales.
boogydown
Banned User
And1: 15

Post#17 » by boogydown » Sun Dec 6, 2009 4:02 am

Bullflip wrote:I too support trading Derrick Rose, but I dont know if that will happen. It will be bad PR for the Bulls trading a player from Chicago and was a #1 pick. What do you think Rose can get in a trade?

Trading Rose will mount to more problems than what you'd get back in return. Much much more.
bentheredengthat
General Manager
And1: 1,606

Post#18 » by bentheredengthat » Sun Dec 6, 2009 4:11 am

I must go on record here and say that I completely disagree with trading DR. What the heck!?
Red Larrivee
RealGM
And1: 18,723

Post#19 » by Red Larrivee » Sun Dec 6, 2009 4:16 am

How fickle of you.
SnakefromHell
Banned User
And1: 0

Post#20 » by SnakefromHell » Sun Dec 6, 2009 4:25 am

Rose needs a tough love coach, someone who is not afraid to push him (aka Chauncey Billups) and don't care about his stature as the franchise or hurting his feelings... and right now noone in the Bulls organization is that.

I think it happens normally to young people... in their performance no matter what they do... basketball, jobs, studies... they need to be pushed until they learn how to push themselves. Right now, Rose needs to be pushed.

I think he'll be fine. Rose is the least of your problems right now. You need not only the right talent to surround him, but the right people as well... the people who care about the young players and are willing to take them under their wings and teach (push) them the right way.
Bulls_MIT
Analyst
And1: 47

Post#21 » by Bulls_MIT » Sun Dec 6, 2009 4:35 am

I wouldn't trade Rose BUT let me make this statement: Rose is beginning to remind me a lot of Eddy Curry. Yes, Derrick Rose is a mope. He's lazy lazy lazy in all aspects of his life. Rose' statement after tonights game summed it all up. When asked if he was embarrassed tonight, Rose smiled and said "um, yeah it's like a Monday, like when I was back at school after a weekend". Then he laughed.

Ok, here's the problem. We know Rose was lazy in school. Sure he has no IQ, but he was lazy enough to get bad grades, cheat on his SAT, then too lazy to tell the truth about it. It appears like he is used to getting whatever he wants without trying just because he was gifted with talent and quickness and athleticism. But a mope has no motivation or heart, once a mope always a mope, ask Eddy Curry.

VDN asks Rose, "Derrick, did you finish your homework going over those offensive plays I wrote out for you". DR leans back in his chair and begins to laugh, "um, haha, I was gonna get to that but I didn't have time, I was oversleeping on my afternoon nap, it's Monday coach, back in school I did nothing on Mondays". Then VDN says "alright, but have you been eating those apples I gave you". Rose laughs, "um, I still ain't figured out the apple cutter you gave me and I aint gonna try using a knife again and I aint have time to read the instructions"
JordansBulls
RealGM
And1: 5,314

Post#22 » by JordansBulls » Sun Dec 6, 2009 4:35 am

Trade Derrick Rose for Brandon Roy then.

That would give us a lineup of:

PG Hinrich/Pargo/Hunter
SG Roy/Salmons
SF Deng/Johnson
PF Tyrus/Gibson
C Noah/Miller

And then next year you get Bosh in place of Salmons and you are contenders.
"Talent wins games, but teamwork and intelligence wins championships."
- Michael Jordan
anorexorcism
Banned User
And1: 10

Post#23 » by anorexorcism » Sun Dec 6, 2009 4:40 am

When asked if he was embarrassed tonight, Rose smiled and said "um, yeah it's like a Monday, like when I was back at school after a weekend". Then he laughed.

He said that???? Seriously??????

F*** Rose. F*** him.
BullSoxChicago'sFinest
Veteran
And1: 1

Post#24 » by BullSoxChicago'sFinest » Sun Dec 6, 2009 4:40 am

I remember people laughing at me because I would've easily done Wade for the pick at the time. Guys, get over PGs, forget Paul, we're not getting him, but look at how many teams win without great PGs

It's not an insane idea, elite young players (except maybe big men) show they belong very quickly, now being a PG makes it tougher, but I think we've seen enough flaws that could make people worry. And it's not even the shooting. It's stuff re: personality that you can't really change. It's the same stuff that limited guys like Eddy Curry. People kept saying 'he'll pick up that killer instinct'. Yeah right. Jennings is a great comparison, look at how they came into the NBA, you have one tough little bastard who went through the challenge of playing in a foreign country, in a tough league, where they didn't give a **** about developing him, instead of having people accommodate him for everything like having someone take his SATs

Ticket sales? Marketing? Do we really care that the kid is from Chicago? I think it's lame as hell that they introduce him 'and from Chicago!', what is this some podunk town? A lot of people are from Chicago. I just don't see why that would make me say 'hey, I think I'll root for the Bulls now'. Some kid that's a Kobe clone could be from the Middle East for all I care.
The Lord is saving my life; Trust in Him and you'll see the same : ): Daily Scripture Readings
Ask a saint like Padre Pio to ask Jesus to send you a conversion moment. What's the worst that can happen if you don't believe anyways? ;) Prayer works
Bulls_MIT
Analyst
And1: 47

Post#25 » by Bulls_MIT » Sun Dec 6, 2009 4:41 am

anorexorcism wrote:
When asked if he was embarrassed tonight, Rose smiled and said "um, yeah it's like a Monday, like when I was back at school after a weekend". Then he laughed.

F*** Rose. F*** him.

Yes, I swear. That last paragraph was a joke obviously, but he did say that above. And he did laugh.
anorexorcism
Banned User

Post#26 » by anorexorcism » Sun Dec 6, 2009 4:43 am

Bulls_MIT wrote:
anorexorcism wrote:

F*** Rose. F*** him.

Yes, I swear. That last paragraph was a joke obviously, but he did say that above. And he did laugh.

Wow. With every loss, Rose is starting to fall into the Deng, Hinrich, Gibson category. It's funny how the hard times have exposed a person's character. My respect level for Noah has skyrocketed, while the respect I had for Rose is going down the toilet.
theanimal23
RealGM
And1: 926

Post#27 » by theanimal23 » Sun Dec 6, 2009 4:43 am

Bulls_MIT wrote:
anorexorcism wrote:

F*** Rose. F*** him.

**** Rose

**** Him
Polynice4Pippen
RealGM
And1: 13,149

Post#28 » by Polynice4Pippen » Sun Dec 6, 2009 4:47 am

teamCHItown wrote:this isn't an overreaction thread.

Thank God. Those are pretty annoying and irrational.
Jerry Reinsdorf; the undisputed king of allowing his GM's to run amok with unchecked power and ego. :king:
CjayC
RealGM
And1: 1,142

Post#29 » by CjayC » Sun Dec 6, 2009 4:48 am

slaterbug wrote:Trade Rose for whom??

John Wall. At least that dude has some killer instinct. Derrick deferred to scrubs at Simeon
Polynice4Pippen
RealGM
And1: 13,149

Post#30 » by Polynice4Pippen » Sun Dec 6, 2009 4:53 am

CjayC wrote:
slaterbug wrote:Trade Rose for whom??

John Wall. At least that dude has some killer instinct. Derrick deferred to scrubs at Simeon

Does Calipari agree to that deal though? If so maybe we can throw in Tyrus for Patrick Patterson.
Jerry Reinsdorf; the undisputed king of allowing his GM's to run amok with unchecked power and ego. :king:
Senor Chang
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 1,216

Post#31 » by Senor Chang » Sun Dec 6, 2009 4:54 am

derrick cant tie his shoes in-game like this

http://www.faniq.com/blog/Jarrett-Jack- ... Blog-33478
wayoftheroad wrote:We’re getting bodied by Moochie Norris lmao
bdiddy04
Rookie
And1: 0

Post#32 » by bdiddy04 » Sun Dec 6, 2009 5:02 am

I stopped reading after you said keep deng. you must love mediocrity if you Ding-dong on your team.
Luol Deng's contract is a cancer eating at the Bulls.
MEDIC
RealGM
And1: 8,978

Post#33 » by MEDIC » Sun Dec 6, 2009 5:14 am

Rerisen wrote:This is never going to happen. As Kirk begins to fade away here, Rose is the guy that the organization is going to tag fan support to for many years. He's from Chicago, and he's our "superstar" dammit no matter what his play or stats suggest.

We are hitched to this guy's potential for good or ill for many years.

Sounds like our version of Bargnani. Colangelo treats Bargnani like is first born. No matter how he does, he's babied & BC will not trade him. We just hope eventually Bargnani "gets it".

You guys have Hinrich/ Rose. We have Bargnani/ Bosh. Both situations, you have players that are both suited to play the same position, but one is forced to play out of position.

What the hell is going on with Rose? Early in his rookie year, he looked unstoppable against us. I thought you guys had a future top 3 PG.

Late last season & this season, he has been totally disappointing. Especially on the defensive end.

Rose has the capability to take over games. For some reason he has chosen not to.
* Props to the man, the myth, the legend......TZ.
CjayC
RealGM
And1: 1,142

Post#34 » by CjayC » Sun Dec 6, 2009 5:18 am

He has no killer instinct.

Brandon Jennings may be tossing up bricks at times, but at least it looks like he WANTS to take over and assert himself
Tsukou
Senior

Post#35 » by Tsukou » Sun Dec 6, 2009 5:24 am

i_killed_kenny wrote:derrick cant tie his shoes in-game like this

http://www.faniq.com/blog/Jarrett-Jack- ... Blog-33478

I was laughing my butt off when seeing that part play out.

And people say F- Rose are ridiculous. It's his second year in the NBA and he's expected to basically carry the team on his back every quarter. I mean, let's look at Wade, and how he let's the team play and take over in the 4th, Rose doesn't even get the luxury to get to the 4th quarter.

While everyone says Rose should just take over the game, I don't want a PG who just jacks up shots for himself every night to make his own stats look pretty. Like, sure we look around the league and see some PGs getting big numbers, but are they playing smart basketball? I see Jennings just sometimes jack up ridiculous shots, he shouldn't be shooting, and I'd rather have a player not develop bad habits like that. Not saying Rose is completely blameless, but when even the coach seems mentally checked out, how is Rose suppose to bring up the energy every game? I mean the lack of intensity from the team speaks for itself. You can't expect a rookie to carry it all.

I mean, the Toronto game wasn't only one person's fault. The Raptors were basically taking every open look, and making baskets, and as a team that's suppose to be good defensively can't afford to simply trade baskets against a team who's good offensively. It's a losing proposition. No matter how good DRose coulda done in this game offensively, wouldn't have made up for the lack of effort as a whole on the defensive end.

Any haphazard trade because of these last few abysmal games probably won't do anything for us in the long run, and we can't be puttin the blame solely on Rose. I like how we always have to blame someone for losing, when clearly, everyone's to blame.. cept Noah.. who, try as he might, does not currently have the ability to back up his spirit.

Return to Chicago Bulls