Image ImageImage Image

Trade Derrick Rose

Moderators: HomoSapien, kulaz3000, Michael Jackson, Ice Man, dougthonus, Tommy Udo 6 , DASMACKDOWN, GimmeDat, Payt10, RedBulls23, coldfish, AshyLarrysDiaper, fleet

League Circles
RealGM
And1: 9,167

Trade Derrick Rose 

Post#1 » by League Circles » Sun Dec 6, 2009 3:43 am

I've kind of stopped caring about this team in a hurry. We suck and I'm tryin gto become a Bucks fan, which may or may not take. I've always lived in Wisconsin, like Skiles, and Brandon Jennings is good.

Anyway, assumig that won't work, I'd like the Bulls to consider trading Derrick Rose while he still has some allure left.

The reason?

I don't want to plan my future on 15 points, a vacant stare, and the leader of the worst offense in the league. It's as simple as that.

Deng and Noah are solid enough to keep, I think. Assume we can't get anyone in FA (cause that's looking like the way it will be), at least none fo the max guys.

So, for trade chips we have Rose and a pile of steaming feces.

Can we get an actual franchise player for Rose?

I'm not kidding and this isn't an overreaction thread. Derrick Rose has played in over a hundred NBA games and has been rather underwhealming for a #1 overall pick. I think we should see who we can trade him for now. If it's someone better than him and under 28 years old let's do it. We already have his replacement anyway in $9 million Bulls lifer loser Kurt Hindrance.

Derrick looks too stupid and too passive to win a title. Let's roll again.
https://august-shop.com/ - sneakers and streetwear
slaterbug
Banned User
And1: 1

Re: Trade Derrick Rose 

Post#2 » by slaterbug » Sun Dec 6, 2009 3:43 am

Trade Rose for whom??
bullsnewdynasty
RealGM
And1: 2,544

Post#3 » by bullsnewdynasty » Sun Dec 6, 2009 3:45 am

If CP3 ever becomes available, I'll pack Rose's bags myself, and whoever else NO wants.
anorexorcism
Banned User
And1: 10

Post#4 » by anorexorcism » Sun Dec 6, 2009 3:45 am

Rose isn't going anywhere. He is this team's new cash cow post-Jordan, and they will milk him for all it's worth.
illiance
RealGM
And1: 507

Post#5 » by illiance » Sun Dec 6, 2009 3:47 am

Good luck with Milwaukee. They have a bleaker future than ours.
Mr_wonka
Banned User
And1: 0

Post#6 » by Mr_wonka » Sun Dec 6, 2009 3:52 am

everyone knows its obviously too early to trade Rose. But we might look back 5 years from now, and consider the beasily/rose draft a bust. Sometimes things don't turn out the way you think.
boogydown
Banned User
And1: 15

Post#7 » by boogydown » Sun Dec 6, 2009 3:53 am

You know people criticize the Raptors because they don't know how to form a team. We are no better clearly.

Salmons - SF playing SG
Deng - Combo Forward, no set position.
Hinrich - PG playing SG
Miller - Shouldn't be playing, liability

Trading Rose solves nothing. Find people who can play next to Rose first.
Rerisen
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 25,052

Post#8 » by Rerisen » Sun Dec 6, 2009 3:55 am

This is never going to happen. As Kirk begins to fade away here, Rose is the guy that the organization is going to tag fan support to for many years. He's from Chicago, and he's our "superstar" dammit no matter what his play or stats suggest.

We are hitched to this guy's potential for good or ill for many years.
anorexorcism
Banned User
And1: 10

Post#9 » by anorexorcism » Sun Dec 6, 2009 3:56 am

boogydown wrote:You know people criticize the Raptors because they don't know how to form a team. We are no better clearly.

Salmons - SF playing SG
Hinrich - PG playing SG

Who can make those changes?

Right. The front office. It all comes back to the front office.

Just now on the post game show, they were talking about how the Bulls, after losing Lindsey, will refuse to sign anyone else because of the luxury tax.

That says it all. If this team clings to the lux tax even at this point, when so many players are injured, then you should realize they don't give a sh** about any of what you just posted.

Welcome to my world and what I've accepted over the last few years.
theanimal23
RealGM
And1: 926

Post#10 » by theanimal23 » Sun Dec 6, 2009 3:56 am

I am aboard the bandwagon to trade Rose and anyone else if it can land us a true, elite, franchise player. Rose's passiveness will prevent him from becoming dominant. I wish Rose made the jump Durant has been making year by year.
boogydown
Banned User

Post#11 » by boogydown » Sun Dec 6, 2009 3:59 am

theanimal23 wrote:I am aboard the bandwagon to trade Rose and anyone else if it can land us a true, elite, franchise player. Rose's passiveness will prevent him from becoming dominant. I wish Rose made the jump Durant has been making year by year.

Durant sucked at the start of last season..............
Bullflip
Assistant Coach
And1: 849

Post#12 » by Bullflip » Sun Dec 6, 2009 4:00 am

I too support trading Derrick Rose, but I dont know if that will happen. It will be bad PR for the Bulls trading a player from Chicago and was a #1 pick. What do you think Rose can get in a trade?
boogydown
Banned User

Post#13 » by boogydown » Sun Dec 6, 2009 4:00 am

anorexorcism wrote:
boogydown wrote:You know people criticize the Raptors because they don't know how to form a team. We are no better clearly.

Salmons - SF playing SG
Hinrich - PG playing SG

Who can make those changes?

Right. The front office. It all comes back to the front office.

Just now on the post game show, they were talking about how the Bulls, after losing Lindsey, will refuse to sign anyone else because of the luxury tax.

That says it all. If this team clings to the lux tax even at this point, when so many players are injured, then you should realize they don't give a sh** about any of what you just posted.

Welcome to my world and what I've accepted over the last few years.

Yes because signing Wally will certainly solve our problems now won't it.
sdeezy
RealGM
And1: 122

Post#14 » by sdeezy » Sun Dec 6, 2009 4:01 am

not gonna happen..organization has hitched their wagon to him
montestewart wrote:Blatche and McGee standing next to Boozer and Thomas reminded me of first-time offenders meeting real cons in a "scared straight" program.
Kyben36
Banned User

Post#15 » by Kyben36 » Sun Dec 6, 2009 4:01 am

Nobody thinks this could be coaching, all the problems we are having, pick and roles seem to hurt rose, he is a 1 on 1 player who needs iso, he isnt selfish, but he works better without the pick. Also, there is a lack of 3pt shooting, and Deng or Salmons always alternate who is going to show up. we need to trade Salmons, Hinrich, posibly Deng if he has value, Tyrus, and get a #2 player. Rose is not the problem, but, if we where to trade rose, I would not except anything but CP3, James, Dwight maybe, we are talking top fleit.
theanimal23
RealGM
And1: 926

Post#16 » by theanimal23 » Sun Dec 6, 2009 4:01 am

I agree - Rose will never be dealt unless it is for CP3 level players due to him being the #1 pick and being from Chicago. Hello ticket sales.
boogydown
Banned User

Post#17 » by boogydown » Sun Dec 6, 2009 4:02 am

Bullflip wrote:I too support trading Derrick Rose, but I dont know if that will happen. It will be bad PR for the Bulls trading a player from Chicago and was a #1 pick. What do you think Rose can get in a trade?

Trading Rose will mount to more problems than what you'd get back in return. Much much more.
bentheredengthat
General Manager
And1: 1,606

Post#18 » by bentheredengthat » Sun Dec 6, 2009 4:11 am

I must go on record here and say that I completely disagree with trading DR. What the heck!?
Red Larrivee
RealGM
And1: 18,723

Post#19 » by Red Larrivee » Sun Dec 6, 2009 4:16 am

How fickle of you.
SnakefromHell
Banned User

Post#20 » by SnakefromHell » Sun Dec 6, 2009 4:25 am

Rose needs a tough love coach, someone who is not afraid to push him (aka Chauncey Billups) and don't care about his stature as the franchise or hurting his feelings... and right now noone in the Bulls organization is that.

I think it happens normally to young people... in their performance no matter what they do... basketball, jobs, studies... they need to be pushed until they learn how to push themselves. Right now, Rose needs to be pushed.

I think he'll be fine. Rose is the least of your problems right now. You need not only the right talent to surround him, but the right people as well... the people who care about the young players and are willing to take them under their wings and teach (push) them the right way.

Return to Chicago Bulls