ImageImage

Yao Officially OUT for the Playoffs!

Moderators: ken6199, TMU

TMACFORMVP
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 161

Re: Yao Officially OUT for the Playoffs! 

Post#16 » by TMACFORMVP » Sun May 10, 2009 1:43 am

Vator wrote:I'm so numb to this now because it happens so much with this team. What a horrible reality it is to support a team that had everything they needed to do great things, but lacked the health to see the vision through to the end.

Yeah, this was just like taking a piss, just so natural. No flinching, nothing, this the third time in a row we've heard Yao "out for season," due to a fracture in his leg/knee/ankle or whaver.
DreamShook34
Lead Assistant
And1: 6

Post#17 » by DreamShook34 » Sun May 10, 2009 1:43 am

now i can finally TRULY watch the playoffs without any aspirations. no more heart palpitations for me tomorrow.. damn Yao... not again.. maybe hes not getting enough calcium..

wouldnt it be great if we get 1 more win.. and flight comes off the bench for 20.. lol
HTown_TMac
General Manager
And1: 222

Post#18 » by HTown_TMac » Sun May 10, 2009 1:45 am

Yao needs to drink more milk.
www.atrilli.net <- music blog
Lake Dynasty
Senior
And1: 1

Post#19 » by Lake Dynasty » Sun May 10, 2009 1:46 am

Such a shame. The classiest guy in the league but no luck at all.

The Rox need to have a great backup center to limit Yaos mins. He cant play 40 mins a night and stay healthy for a whole season.
jzmagik
Banned User
And1: 0

Post#20 » by jzmagik » Sun May 10, 2009 1:46 am

With his contract situation coming up, anyone worried about a max extension?
Vator
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 579

Post#21 » by Vator » Sun May 10, 2009 1:47 am

Our biggest rivalry over the past 5 years hasn't been the Jazz or the Mavs or even the Lakers...it has been injuries and I must say without a shadow of a doubt that injuries has kicked our collective asses over and over again. This bastard is relentless and heartless.
fisterkev
Senior

Post#22 » by fisterkev » Sun May 10, 2009 1:59 am

Yeah, you do pretty much expect this sort of thing about this time of year... Nice little run through, if a bit short. I know the team won't give up yet but the verdict is in, and I hope Yao makes a full recovery for next season.

At least we beat the first round demons this time around. Looking forward to next season. Just once though - just once, I'd like to see what this team could do without the injury bug beating the crap out of it all year...
albatrosskismet
Freshman

Post#23 » by albatrosskismet » Sun May 10, 2009 2:02 am

Yao is as injury=prone as Big Z, but he was played like he is Karl Malone. It just doesn't work.
McGrady2Head
Rookie

Post#24 » by McGrady2Head » Sun May 10, 2009 2:02 am

There was a time when it was rumored that the lakers would have given us kobe for t-mac. it may have taken something else to sweeten up the deal, but it could have happened. kobe was creating controversy in la, and the rumor was they would give him up for tmac. There was also a time we could have given minnesota yao for garnett. all of this was around the time we had the # 8 pick in the draft, and kobe was screaming to get out of la. we should have made both of those trades, and then drafted Rudy Gay

PG: Who cares
Sg: Kobe
Sf: Rudy Gay
PF: Garnett
C: Who cares

i know....... im dreaming
langer
Senior
And1: 91

Post#25 » by langer » Sun May 10, 2009 2:07 am

With the crazy amount of games in this season, NBA should consider to reduce games to like 60 games or something. Now, all the big guys in this league are looks like an injure prone.
jove9
Starter
And1: 159

Post#26 » by jove9 » Sun May 10, 2009 2:21 am

McGrady2Head wrote:There was a time when it was rumored that the lakers would have given us kobe for t-mac. it may have taken something else to sweeten up the deal, but it could have happened. kobe was creating controversy in la, and the rumor was they would give him up for tmac. There was also a time we could have given minnesota yao for garnett. all of this was around the time we had the # 8 pick in the draft, and kobe was screaming to get out of la. we should have made both of those trades, and then drafted Rudy Gay

PG: Who cares
C: Who cares

i know....... im dreaming

I know how to make you care about those 1 and 5 spots:

PG: Luther Head
C: Eddy Curry

:D
-Ian-
Analyst
And1: 849

Post#27 » by -Ian- » Sun May 10, 2009 2:28 am

Darn. This blows. I was hoping that the Rockets will upset the Lakers. This ends all the hopes of reaching the finals. :(

I hope Daryl Morey can find a reliable backup center for Yao for the next season so his minutes can be reduced to 15-20.
tisbee
Starter

Post#28 » by tisbee » Sun May 10, 2009 2:30 am

Iggyemu,
There was a sequence late in Game 3 when I gave up on Yao.
Rockets down 8 or so and Artest passed in to Yao(big suprise!) and Yao was single-covered by Gasol. Yao passed it back to Artest who passed it right back to Yao(bigger suprise!). Yao immediately passed it back to Artest and then moved out of low post to set a screen for Ron. Yao made no attempt to make a move,not even the slightest hint of a shot,he just gave the ball up as fast as he could.
Once I stopped cursing I realized Yao will never be "The Guy",he is just a great second option/banana. It's why the Rockets have never been Yao'Team,they've been Tracy's and now they're Ron's team-strong defensively,erratic offensively.
Hearing from Yao that he injured himself in 2Q didn't/doesn't change my mind. While it may excuse that sequence,it does not alter the fact that the Rockets don't get Yao the ball consistantly. McGrady could be double-teamed coming down the court and somehow he ends up w/the ball. Yao doesn't get the ball because he doesn't demand it.

The Rockets will not trade Yao,so we might as well not waste time discussing any possible trade.
Tommy Trojan
Assistant Coach
And1: 36

Post#29 » by Tommy Trojan » Sun May 10, 2009 2:31 am

Yao was a soldier, he played injured during the last game also. Best of luck to him.
hackle
Starter

Post#30 » by hackle » Sun May 10, 2009 2:34 am

Yao is fragile but the rockets management is to blame. Playing playoff without a legit backup center is just stupid. Mutumbo would have been nice but he should not have been relied on in the first place.

Anyway, thanks to Yao Ming, it has been a great ride this season.
Chinese lesson:
How to say "Los Angeles Lakers" in Chinese?
Success is the only mudervuccen option and failure is not.
http://www.wordteller.cn/
The Hypnotoad
Rookie
And1: 415

Post#31 » by The Hypnotoad » Sun May 10, 2009 2:38 am

Sorry guys. Is there a rule against wearing steel toe shoes? Cause Yao should start wearing those from now on. His big feet keep getting stepped on and broken.
bballmaniac27
Starter
And1: 4

Post#32 » by bballmaniac27 » Sun May 10, 2009 2:55 am

wow and I finally thought Yao would be able to play one full season healthy.

I don't think we can even blame the trainers for this.... Yao just cannot stay healthy for the full season + playoffs. Extremely depressing but can't say I'm surprised.

I really like Yao but I just don't see how we can continue to build around him when it's a given that he'll be injured every year.
dunleavyjr
General Manager
And1: 54

Post#33 » by dunleavyjr » Sun May 10, 2009 2:56 am

Does the name "Big Z" remind you folks something?
HTown_TMac
General Manager
And1: 222

Post#34 » by HTown_TMac » Sun May 10, 2009 3:04 am

Lets trade him while his stock is decent.
www.atrilli.net <- music blog
bballmaniac27
Starter
And1: 4

Post#35 » by bballmaniac27 » Sun May 10, 2009 3:10 am

Maybe Yao will be willing to take a pay cut or something.

Return to Houston Rockets