Cancer Takes PacerFan

Moderators: pacers33granger, Jake0890, boomershadow, Grang33r, pacerfan

blaha112
Senior
And1: 7

Post#41 » by blaha112 » Tue Jan 15, 2008 1:46 am

These comments really make me wish I got to know pacerfan better. I hope he knew how much he touched the lives of others. May he RIP.
Andiamo
Banned User
And1: 0

Post#42 » by Andiamo » Tue Jan 15, 2008 2:03 am

rip pacerfan.
RHC
Freshman
And1: 81

Post#43 » by RHC » Tue Jan 15, 2008 2:18 am

RIP Pacerfan. Condolences and prayers to his family.
JarrettJackSG
Rookie

Post#44 » by JarrettJackSG » Tue Jan 15, 2008 2:28 am

While I wasn't necessary here to see Pacerfan post, he commanded the respect of the board and kept order. A wonderful man dedicated to the forum and the site, he will surely be missed. Rest in Peace, and may the forces that be, be with you.
Rest in Peace, Pacerfan
Will eat crow if Brandon Rush turns out good.
whysoserious
RealGM
And1: 8,634

Post#45 » by whysoserious » Tue Jan 15, 2008 2:42 am

Never really knew the guy that well. Seen a few of his posts around but not much. RIP to Don and deepest condolences to his family and friends.
from24ft
Banned User
And1: 2
Location: doing funnels and the kozak dance at the company picnic

Post#46 » by from24ft » Tue Jan 15, 2008 3:02 am

Since most of us stick to our home board we only know a handful of posters from the other forums. pacerfan was one of them. He made an impression on me even though I only read a few of his posts. He was great poster.

My condolences to all that loved him.
HumbleBumbleBee
Analyst
And1: 3

Post#47 » by HumbleBumbleBee » Tue Jan 15, 2008 3:27 am

My condolences to his family

(and to his RealGM fam)
Got Raps FanFiction?
K.S
Banned User

Post#48 » by K.S » Tue Jan 15, 2008 3:29 am

i just joined this forum a month ago, never heard of this man, but seems like he made a great impact on this board, nontheless its terrible when anybody dies.

R.I.P bro

Hopefully the pacers win a championship for u in the near future, and you will be waching them from above.
theTHIEF
RealGM
And1: 214

Post#49 » by theTHIEF » Tue Jan 15, 2008 3:37 am

R.I.P...
The Letter J
Starter

Post#50 » by The Letter J » Tue Jan 15, 2008 3:42 am

RIP

pacerfan

The true class of realGM. All the best to his family, he seemed like a very level-headed person.
RJM
General Manager
And1: 2,266

Post#51 » by RJM » Tue Jan 15, 2008 3:45 am

Oh God...I didn't know the guy but my condolences to him and his family. I'm shocked and disappointed at this news as this is the first time this has happened on this board at least as long as I have been here...wow. There is good that comes from everything, and that good so far is that he doesn't have to suffer anymore on this pathetic mudball we call Earth. I'm sure he's looking down on all of us and his family especially.

Rest In Peace Pacerfan.
fahkin
Junior

Post#52 » by fahkin » Tue Jan 15, 2008 3:48 am

sad story.

RIP Pacerfan.

Condolences to all those who knew him (he sounded like a class guy) from a Raps fan in Edmonton, AB.
Mad Balla 15
RealGM
And1: 1,930

Post#53 » by Mad Balla 15 » Tue Jan 15, 2008 3:55 am

RIP. It's really sad to hear news like this, especially about such a great guy like Don.
PR07
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 2

Post#54 » by PR07 » Tue Jan 15, 2008 4:23 am

I'm sorry I didn't get on RealGM sooner than this today, this is a huge loss to the people who were blessed with the privilege of knowing Pacerfan both in person and on RealGM. My sincerest thoughts and prayers go out to his family and friends. The Pacer Board was and still is what it is because of the foundation Pacerfan provided due to his tireless work. He will always be the Pacers' Board as Yankee Stadium is the House that Ruth Built and as Reggie remains the foundation of the Pacers' franchise. I've seen posters come and go during my tenure, but I know that Pacerfan has touched the lives of many. I never knew that Pacerfan was suffering from any serious illnesses, otherwise, I would've liked to have think that I would've done something to brighten up his last days here. I just figured he was either spending more with his family or burned out a little by this volatile group of Pacers. Having seen two close family members affected by cancer, I know firsthand the struggles that this often devastating condition causes. Hopefully, one day we will be able to find a cure.

When I first came to RealGM several years ago, I would be lying if I said I was the savviest of posters, but Pacerfan always saw great promise and poise in me. It was through him that I saw what it was like to be a truly great poster and even learned a lot of life lessons on life and how to correctly live it in the process. As a fairly young poster (especially for the average moderator), he always gave me encouragement, and I'm almost positive, he delivered a few recommendations to the RealGM staff on my behalf on more than one occasion. I do not think I would be a moderator today without seeing the way he carried himself on RealGM. He had a way of always staying levelheaded (I can't remember a time he lost his cool on any situation) and yet he always had something truly wise in the content of the posts. I know it may sound stupid, but his posts often reminded me of the character of Dumbledore in Harry Potter because you always would learn something truly insightful when reading his posts or through talking with him. I'm sorry I never got to meet him in person, but I was blessed enough with having the privilege of posting and even sometimes working with him for nearly 5 years. Pacerfan may be gone but his legacy will never be forgotten. We lost more than a moderator today, we lost a great friend and a great person as well as the Godfather of the Pacers' Board.

Pacerfan wrote:The Commish has made his decision on the mod position.

While it did not go your way, I want to let you know there is a lot of respect for you and your abilities on this board. There is no one who thinks you wouldn't be a good moderator, and I can only hope that you are available the next time a decision on a mod needs to be made, which might not be all that far away.

I am very impressed with your abilities and can only wish my maturity at your age had been at the same level. You are going to be very good at anything you decide to do.

Luke,

May the force be with you. 8) Couldn't resist.

Don

p.s. I wasn't kidding when I said I admire your talents greatly...the ability to write and think will take you far.

God bless, Don, you will be missed...but not forgotten by the many you've positively impacted.
moocow007
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 25,190

Post#55 » by moocow007 » Tue Jan 15, 2008 5:06 am

Wow, my condolences. Pacerfan was always a class act and one of the finest of the finest on RealGM.
PopAGat
Starter
And1: 472

Post#56 » by PopAGat » Tue Jan 15, 2008 5:29 am

R.I.P Pacerfan. My condolences are to him and his family.

This is honestly sad.
Credits to TurboZone
noxe
Starter
And1: 10

Post#57 » by noxe » Tue Jan 15, 2008 5:37 am

R.I.P Pacerfan :(
Yes folks, above sig/tweet is real!
When asked about the state of his groin injury, Primoz Brezec had the following observation: "The groin is a gangster."
SashAlex
Lead Assistant
And1: 345

Post#58 » by SashAlex » Tue Jan 15, 2008 5:58 am

R.I.P. Pacerfan :cry: :cry:
asdfgh
Lead Assistant
And1: 755

Post#59 » by asdfgh » Tue Jan 15, 2008 6:07 am

I didn't know pacerfan but he sounds like such a decent and genuine guy. Why do awful things happen to good people? :(
Hicks007
Senior

Post#60 » by Hicks007 » Tue Jan 15, 2008 6:33 am

I heard about this on our site. Very sad news, and it hurts more reading the stories in this thread. Rest in peace.

Return to Indiana Pacers