ImageImageImageImageImage

Official Trade Thread (all trade ideas here. No exceptions)

Moderators: Kilroy, TyCobb, Danny Darko

lakeshow248
Senior
And1: 1

Re: Official Trade Thread (all trade ideas here. No exceptions) 

Post#1096 » by lakeshow248 » Fri Feb 6, 2009 8:42 pm

On the Raps side what if they resigned Lamar and had him to go with Bargs and Calderon and then traded Bosh for the wing player they are searching for.
Jajwanda
General Manager
And1: 105

Post#1097 » by Jajwanda » Sat Feb 7, 2009 12:12 am

Diaw is playing heavily at the 4. The two of them would work well with each other.
Dr Aki
RealGM
And1: 29,390

Post#1098 » by Dr Aki » Sat Feb 7, 2009 12:53 am

really? i wouldve thought okafor was taking the majority of minutes at the 4 with diop at center
EastSideBucksFan
RealGM
And1: 4,490

Post#1099 » by EastSideBucksFan » Sat Feb 7, 2009 7:33 pm

Call me crazy, but I have a feeling that Shaq is going to be traded back to the Lakers for Odom, Mihm and Vlad Man. Of all the destinations for Shaq, LA is the only one that really makes sense. Odom fits a win now perspective for the Suns and also saves them money as well.

Its really a perfect fit.
microfib4thewin
Head Coach
And1: 454

Post#1100 » by microfib4thewin » Sat Feb 7, 2009 9:00 pm

Okafor doesn't play the 4 because he has no range aside from a baseline jumper. Diop is the backup center for the Bobcats.
Jajwanda
General Manager

Post#1101 » by Jajwanda » Sat Feb 7, 2009 11:30 pm

Thought about suggesting Morrison too because of his contract but I thought it would be Nazr Mohammed.

Mitch Kupchak just gave himself an asset with Morrison. 2010 salary dumps are now clearly possible with this team.

- Kirk Hinrich you are now targeted to be a Laker.
ALL HAIL
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,213

Post#1102 » by ALL HAIL » Sun Feb 8, 2009 4:20 am

Walton, Vujacic, and Morrison are the ONLY severe wastes of money on the team ... sweet!

Mitch needs to keep shaving salary at all costs.

Don't want to beat a dead horse but I'd still dump Morrison and Walton to New York for Eddy Curry.
I'd also dump Vujacic and Farmar to OKC for Kyle Weaver and Damien Wilkins.

New York would bite b/c they need to shave salary and acquiring Walton and Morrison would save them about 5.5 million in 2010. I don't think anyone in the league would take on Curry's contract so I think NY saving over 5 mill is as good as they will do. They do this deal in a second.

Oklahoma City MIGHT bite if they don't rectify they're backcourt issues in the draft and/or they trade Earl Watson. They are high on Weaver so it may be a reach. Also, they may not want Farmar b/c it forces Westbrook to play some SG (not sure if they want that to continue after Watson is gone).

Lakers do both deals b/c they rid themselves of all deadweight contracts on the roster. Curry is expensive but much cheaper (14 million dollars to be specific) than Morrison and Walton. Clearing the deadweight clears the way for the frugal signings of Odom, Ariza, Kidd, Head, Shaun Livingston, and a third string SF.

PG - Kidd - Livingston - Weaver
SG - Bryant - Fisher - Head
C - Bynum - Curry - Mbenga
PF - Gasol - Odom - Powell
SF - Ariza - Wilkins - ???
lakeshow248
Senior

Post#1103 » by lakeshow248 » Sun Feb 8, 2009 4:43 am

Sheed for Odom?

The team has been lacking the so called toughness since they lost in the finals. Do the Lakers' offer Odom, a better player at this point in their careers, for Sheed. It makes so much sense to me, Pistons are going no where and would get a younger player that could help their offense so much more.

Lakers' would get a tough 34 year old with an edge that the team has been lacking. A perfect stop gap if Bynum doesn't come back and perfect backup if he returns. Not to mention a player that is a great teammate by all accounts. Sheed baby is the way to go, he is the ultimate pickup at this point.

The nice thing is that he will be 35 next year and he might come cheap, especially after he wins it all again, and especially after the Lakers' knock off the Celtics' this year, a team that has been a thorn in his side.

You get a player that next year will take less, where as Odom is going where the money is because of where they are in their careers. This is no slight to Odom but the Laker's want to win now and Sheed would add the perfect intangibles. More of a post presence, a former champion, toughness and an edge.

To make it happen I would toss in a 1st round pick this year, I really think Sheed could be the x factor with Bynum out. Pistons' would be better with Odom IMO, but he is expiring like Sheed so it is a wash if it don't work, the Pistons got a 1st rd pick if it don't work. Lets' face it, they ain't going no where anyway.
dockingsched
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 21,750

Post#1104 » by dockingsched » Sun Feb 8, 2009 5:52 am

i don't really see why the pistons would have any interest in moving sheed. lakers can't give a first til 2012, so thats not much sweetener.
"We must try not to sink beneath our anguish, Harry, but battle on." - Dumbledore
lakeshow248
Senior

Post#1105 » by lakeshow248 » Sun Feb 8, 2009 6:20 am

For me adding a player that is 5 years younger and a better open court player than Sheed would be appealing if Iverson is running the team. If Billups was still their it would be no chance of a deal but, the Pistons are one game over with Iverson and no prospects to compete with Boston or Cleveland.

You add Odom and your offense becomes so much better, the key is this ain't 5 years ago even. Sheed is 34 going on 35. Right now he is just jacking three's for the most part and the Iverson addition gives Sheed a license to just do what he wants. Their is no structure right now and the Pistons are in a down ward turn.

Speaking of the pick 2012 might be the best chance to catch the Lakers' on a down ward turn, get say the number 30th pick or the 25th......
CITYOFANGELSX3
RealGM
And1: 151

Post#1106 » by CITYOFANGELSX3 » Sun Feb 8, 2009 6:40 pm

Odom > SHeed
mecxi2000
Senior
And1: 3

Post#1107 » by mecxi2000 » Sun Feb 8, 2009 6:55 pm

first i dont think the lakers would make any splash trade, with radmanovic out of the team lukes contract isnt thant bad because he is the starting s.f. and producing, i know a lot of people complaing about sashas but he is producing as a good serviciable back up, right now the only bad contract that we have is morrison and is a short one so i can live with that.
I still would love to see morrison get traded for a big with a similar contract but i dont think we can do that, or can we?
Jajwanda
General Manager

Post#1108 » by Jajwanda » Sun Feb 8, 2009 8:16 pm

We can still trade him by himself.

If we were able to convince a team that's pre-2010 hey this kid can help you spread the floor (we know to show him off at least once) and you can have him for just expiring contracts you're doing well for yourself. You shave the salary books to only 69m next season.
snaquille oatmeal
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 4,767

Post#1109 » by snaquille oatmeal » Sun Feb 8, 2009 8:17 pm

so did any of you trade master minds predict a VladRad for Ammo trade?
Forum permissions