ImageImageImageImageImage

Official Trade Thread (all trade ideas here. No exceptions)

Moderators: TyCobb, Danny Darko, Kilroy

mecxi2000
Senior
And1: 3

Re: Official Trade Thread (all trade ideas here. No exceptions) 

Post#1081 » by mecxi2000 » Wed Feb 4, 2009 6:17 pm

i agree that noccioni isnt able to defend properly quality p.f. but he can defend back up p.f. so can odom can rest, plus we would be able to get him without giving any real important piece to the team, and when bynum return it wont create a mayor problem
filmchurch
Ballboy
And1: 0

Post#1082 » by filmchurch » Wed Feb 4, 2009 6:51 pm

jermaine o'neal makes 23 million next year and is injury prone.
i'd rather have shaq, his knowledge of the triangle and 20 million dollar contract instead. or that money to resign ariza.

sarver, the suns owner is cheap! lets see if they blow them up before the trade deadline.

kwame brown is terrible and is due 4 million next year. that money should be going to a potential re-signing of ariza. josh powell is better and has a better contract at 800k. i'd rather have powell play than kwame.

i've heard hinrich at one time--makes 9 million next year and is signed for 3 more years. he's not even worth that! wouldn't 9 million be better served used on a young ariza or a resigning of odom?

odom has always said he wants to stay a laker so the lakers have the leverage in the off season. couple that with how average he's played this year, he doesn't have much argument for a salary close to what he's making now.

if bynum is unlikely to return during the playoffs, i'd propose:

odom, walton, mihm

for

shaq, barnes

--- pros: if phoenix is going to break that team up now, then shaq is obviously available. the playoffs are a slower game so defense and inside play are key. shaq has shown he can still play and knows the triangle and has recently said he always 'loved' kobe so there will not be any animosity there. another possible championship will also raise shaq's game. he's doing well this year even though they aren't seen as real contenders. barnes is good shooter and played well in the playoffs for golden state.

odom hasn't shown much of a fire and i doubt he ever will. although he presents mismatches all the time he rarely takes advantage of it. like kwame, the whole "potential" argument is a bit old now. walton played at arizona so he probably would be popular playing for the suns. mihm would be a backup center there and it allows lopez to take reign and get more playing time during the rebuilding second half of the season. mihm and odom are expiring so no luxury taxes for sarver next year. walton's contract is bad but it's the trade off for taking the 20 million of shaq's contract off the books next year.

---cons: it breaks up team chemistry which is probably the main reason why no trades will happen. last year they succeeded with gasol because he was a great player, was team oriented and gave up two players that weren't part of the rotation. despite odom and walton's deficiencies, they are both well liked and it would be a bit of a shake-up. shaq's 20 million next year may hamper the efforts to resign ariza. that additional luxury tax bill may make buss think twice. the lakers don't have a cuban, dolan or allen making the financial decisions. shaq's contract next year is a huge expiring contract although i imagine there would be some agreement that if he was to be traded to the lakers that he could not be traded. maybe in agreement of that, the lakers can sign him to a two year 10 million contract or something less than that. shaq has taken a 'pay cut' with miami but it's unlikely that it would go that low, even in his advanced years. would kobe be okay with shaq coming back? people always say "shaq was able to win without kobe but kobe could not win without shaq". if he comes back and they win, even though it's obvious who the best player is, that argument will still persist. It will also allow the shaq to sort of join an already capable group for his fifth title. a team kobe has led for quite some time. It's going to be interesting what develops and i wish i could be a fly on the wall to hear the conversation between shaq-kobe-phil during all-star weekend. i wonder if shaq will sell a possible trade back to LA?

despite all of this, the best outcome is that bynum comes back this year at 100 percent before the playoffs, they resign ariza at 5-8 million a year and resign odom at a similar contract. if they get those guys back and bynum improves and Stays healthy, they can be good well into kobe's late 30s.
ecuhus1981
RealGM
And1: 1,427

Post#1083 » by ecuhus1981 » Wed Feb 4, 2009 9:10 pm

Hey all, Nets/Mavericks fan here again with a proposal from the T&T board.

This one is a deal made by shagadelic45; feel free to respond in his thread:

Clippers and Lakers

Would Lakers fans do this? It would give you a couple of quality veterans on small contracts. Skinner could pair with Powell to fill the hole that Ronny's departure and Bynum's injury have left. Davis could be an excellent addition to the team, and his skill set is just ideal for the Triangle. But if he doesn't work out, it's not a big expense.
Some people really have a way with words. Other people... not... have... way.
-- Steve Martin
hermes
RealGM
And1: 24,584

Post#1084 » by hermes » Thu Feb 5, 2009 3:47 pm

wiretap
The Lakers don't appear eager to test the trade market ahead of this month's deadline.

"We'll talk about it and we'll try and improve the club, that's what you have to do if you're in this business," Coach Phil Jackson said. "But right now we have good chemistry. We know our roles. We've got a bunch of pretty good players."

aw shucks
TyCobb
Forum Mod - Lakers
Forum Mod - Lakers
And1: 9,831

Post#1085 » by TyCobb » Thu Feb 5, 2009 6:27 pm

Rasheed for Odom. Please.
Read more, learn more, change your posts.
Erik Eleven
RealGM
And1: 17

Post#1086 » by Erik Eleven » Thu Feb 5, 2009 8:16 pm

TyCobb wrote:Rasheed for Odom. Please.

I like it, but would he come off the bench when Bynum gets back?

Hmm. Or, would you simply start:

PG: Trevor Ariza
SG: Kobe Bryant
SF: Rasheed Wallace
PF: Pau Gasol
C: Andrew Bynum

... and spot Sheed up as a shooter on every possession?
Erik Eleven
RealGM
And1: 17

Post#1087 » by Erik Eleven » Thu Feb 5, 2009 8:23 pm

You know KG respects Sheed.
The Skyhook
RealGM
And1: 925

Post#1088 » by The Skyhook » Thu Feb 5, 2009 8:38 pm

I wish we had a defensive point guard because that plus kobe gasol and bynum makes us unstoppable espeically if Bynum plays the way he has. But if we are able to land Rasheed that would be nuts I dont think anyone would be able to stop Gasol, Sheed, Bynum, and Kobe. I dont think it wouldnt matter what kind of a point guard we had.
chefy
Head Coach
And1: 650

Post#1089 » by chefy » Thu Feb 5, 2009 10:13 pm

odom,bynum for amare,lopez

amare,lopez
gasol,powell
ariza,walton,radman
kobe,sahsa
fisher,farmar

?
TyCobb
Forum Mod - Lakers
Forum Mod - Lakers
And1: 9,831

Post#1090 » by TyCobb » Thu Feb 5, 2009 10:27 pm

Erik Eleven wrote:
TyCobb wrote:Rasheed for Odom. Please.

I like it, but would he come off the bench when Bynum gets back?

Hmm. Or, would you simply start:

PG: Trevor Ariza
SG: Kobe Bryant
SF: Rasheed Wallace
PF: Pau Gasol
C: Andrew Bynum

... and spot Sheed up as a shooter on every possession?

I would love this trade. Sheed would be PF and Gasol C. This is for this season, as Wallace expires after 09. If Bynum, somehow, makes it back for the playoffs, he won't be in game shape fast enough to start right away, so he would be coming off the bench.

I LOVE Sheed's defense. He's tough, he rebounds, he can shoot, and he's a winner. Please get it done Mitch!
Read more, learn more, change your posts.
The Skyhook
RealGM
And1: 925

Post#1091 » by The Skyhook » Thu Feb 5, 2009 11:48 pm

There are a couple things that would stop us from making a trade to get Rasheed if it invlolved Odom. Lamar knows the system while Rasheed would be new to it all. We already have great chemistry with the way the team is now. Considering the fact that at the end of this season Lamar might willingly take a paycut to resign back with L.A, I dont think trading him away would make him want come back with a smaller contract. He could easily say screw you guys, you guys traded me and I didnt get a ring over here in Detroit. I'm pretty sure Rasheed wouldnt sign with the Lakers for a contract with a paycut even if he sees the oppurtunity to win more championships. A lot of fans have also said that Rasheed Wallace is decllining a lot faster then Lamar Odom is and having him this season would hurt us. For just this season, I would like to see this trade happen but for long term and us resigning Lamar if that is still our intentions, then it doesn't seem to good. Rasheed seems like a perfect fit in the wake of Bynum's injury because he has that toughness to him, and thats exactly what we want.
Jajwanda
General Manager
And1: 105

Post#1093 » by Jajwanda » Fri Feb 6, 2009 10:37 am

The one guy that I'd be intrigued by would be Nazr Mohammed. He's been in Larry Brown's dog house apparently but was playing pretty well in previous years. He's got a very similar contract to Radmanovic and with Odom would form a nice combo while Powell-Gasol are taking a break. In the triangle we could seek to create some positive value for him and it's possible that a team in 2009 will see his then two year deal and figure that for a mere expiring contract he might be a good value. For now he'd serve as at least a former starting center being one of our depth options and he fits quite well in the triangle. Charlotte on the other hand needs to stretch the floor as they've been pitiful shooting and with the addition of Radmanovic may be able to provide some space inside for Okafor. They almost never play Mohammed because of their preference of Diop for high defensive toughness at the C position.

He'd be an upgrade over Mihm and a possible long-term boost (could possibly make a three-way deal in the future that would send Nazr away with better trade value for an expiring and then use that as well as maybe Farmar to pry Hinrich).

For now though I'm suggesting

Nazr Mohammed for Vladimir Radmanovic
Dr Aki
RealGM
And1: 29,440

Post#1094 » by Dr Aki » Fri Feb 6, 2009 11:55 am

imma doubt theyll find radmanovic an appealing piece simply because diaw is absorbing the majority of SF minutes for the cats
lakeshow248
Senior
And1: 1

Post#1095 » by lakeshow248 » Fri Feb 6, 2009 8:40 pm

Phoenix will not trade with the Lakers' either for Shaq or Amare. Shaq because that period is over and it's Kobe's team. Amare because it's the Lakers'--they are not dumping their youngest best player to us.

Brad Miller seems like a good fit but him and Gasol together on the defensive end doesn't make much sense, although I think his passing would be amazing. Maybe when he becomes a free agent, some thing could come around.

Now, Jermaine O'Neal's toughness and defense inside could just be what the doctor ordered. He is a presence in the lane who don't mind putting players on their back. Now, I could see Jermaine and Gasol on the front line w/ Bynum coming off the bench till he is 100%.

The key would be Toronto taking on Vlad's contract along w/ Lamar and say C Mihm. That would be a nice deal for both clubs IMO. Toronto gets around 16 million in cap space and the Lakers' get a really nice backup whose contract--even next year would be really valuable. An expring deal worth 23 million could pick up a nice piece along w/ an expiring.

A Fish, Kobe, Gasol, JO, Luke would be very nice with a bench of Farmar, Sasha, Bynum, Ariza, Powell
lakeshow248
Senior
And1: 1

Post#1096 » by lakeshow248 » Fri Feb 6, 2009 8:42 pm

On the Raps side what if they resigned Lamar and had him to go with Bargs and Calderon and then traded Bosh for the wing player they are searching for.
Jajwanda
General Manager
And1: 105

Post#1097 » by Jajwanda » Sat Feb 7, 2009 12:12 am

Diaw is playing heavily at the 4. The two of them would work well with each other.
Dr Aki
RealGM
And1: 29,440

Post#1098 » by Dr Aki » Sat Feb 7, 2009 12:53 am

really? i wouldve thought okafor was taking the majority of minutes at the 4 with diop at center
EastSideBucksFan
RealGM
And1: 4,490

Post#1099 » by EastSideBucksFan » Sat Feb 7, 2009 7:33 pm

Call me crazy, but I have a feeling that Shaq is going to be traded back to the Lakers for Odom, Mihm and Vlad Man. Of all the destinations for Shaq, LA is the only one that really makes sense. Odom fits a win now perspective for the Suns and also saves them money as well.

Its really a perfect fit.
microfib4thewin
Head Coach
And1: 454

Post#1100 » by microfib4thewin » Sat Feb 7, 2009 9:00 pm

Okafor doesn't play the 4 because he has no range aside from a baseline jumper. Diop is the backup center for the Bobcats.

Return to Los Angeles Lakers