ImageImage

06/19 ESPN & DX.com Speculation

Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25

bango_the_buck
Bench Warmer
And1: 149

Re: 06/19 ESPN & DX.com Speculation 

Post#1121 » by bango_the_buck » Wed Jun 25, 2008 9:22 pm

theanimal23 wrote:It can July 1st. The Rockets and Grizzlies waited till July to finalize the Battier for Swift and Gay deal.

No, it doesn't even work then. The salaries don't match up.
Scott Skiles on being compared by reporters to Hall of Fame coach Pat Riley: "If I thought you guys knew anything, I'd be flattered."
LUKE23
RealGM
And1: 6,251

Post#1122 » by LUKE23 » Wed Jun 25, 2008 9:22 pm

Will Perdude wrote:I want Kirk as our starting point, and I think Skiles does too. Put me down with Europa as a guy who would like this deal.

We would however, need to make 2 or 3 other moves. As our bench would be the worst in the league and a thorn in our side.

We would have no other pieces to move though, outside of Mo. And Mo alone is not going to be enough to solve our bench problems. That is why three of our trade assets for Hinrich is too much.
carmelbrownqueen
RealGM
And1: 42

Post#1123 » by carmelbrownqueen » Wed Jun 25, 2008 9:22 pm

Stuff like this is delicate info and throwing out a clue for someone to speculate on is different from emailing the details to everyone who requests it. Too many people received an email about this and then someone posted it on the boards, and then people started responding too it and pretty much confirming whether parts were true or not based on their answer.. that's not cool at all. People can lose jobs over stuff like this, it's not something to be taken lightly.
"Too many people ask for help, and sometimes you have to help yourself." - Jerry Sloan

"We don't accept anything but winning. We don't accept anything but playing hard." - John Hammond
oshmeehan
Banned User
And1: 0

Post#1124 » by oshmeehan » Wed Jun 25, 2008 9:25 pm

carmelbrownqueen wrote:Stuff like this is delicate info and throwing out a clue for someone to speculate on is different from emailing the details to everyone who requests it. Too many people received an email about this and then someone posted it on the boards, and then people started responding too it and pretty much confirming whether parts were true or not based on their answer.. that's not cool at all. People can lose jobs over stuff like this, it's not something to be taken lightly.

Get off that cloud you're on
Its like you think your opinion matters more than others because the 'connections' you have and you've been here awhile posting

And please, if someone lost their job over this its their own fault then. Don't drop any clues or say something may be brewing then you don't have to worry about losing your job and it would also solve the problem of all this speculating from people that is going on
Debit One
Starter
And1: 87

Post#1125 » by Debit One » Wed Jun 25, 2008 9:28 pm

As a guy who has been the biggest pro-Hinrich guy on this board for years, I feel compelled to weigh in.

CV + Dex + #8 for Hinrich is too much to give up, IMO.

We at least should find a way to unload a crap contract on Chicago in the deal.

I could live with CV + Dez + #8 + Simmons for Hinrich + Nocioni, and it seems relatively fair.
Balls2TheWalls
RealGM
And1: 3,628

Post#1126 » by Balls2TheWalls » Wed Jun 25, 2008 9:29 pm

oshmeehan wrote:Get off that cloud you're on
Its like you think your opinion matters more than others because the 'connections' you have and you've been here awhile posting

And please, if someone lost their job over this its their own fault then. Don't drop any clues or say something may be brewing then you don't have to worry about losing your job and it would also solve the problem of all this speculating from people that is going on

I find the "We can't deal with people going neener neener neener" defense is weak. I think that what CBQ is asking for is that the people entrusted with information to act professional with the entrusted information.

I am inferring that she is also hoping that people would not act like children when they blurted a secret out like children. You might not like that you weren't in the know, but if someone was messing around with your job, you would not find it funny.
SupremeHustle wrote:Salmons might shoot us out of games, but SJAX shoots people out of parking lots. Think about it.
msiris
RealGM
And1: 1,738

Post#1127 » by msiris » Wed Jun 25, 2008 9:29 pm

carmelbrownqueen wrote:Stuff like this is delicate info and throwing out a clue for someone to speculate on is different from emailing the details to everyone who requests it. Too many people received an email about this and then someone posted it on the boards, and then people started responding too it and pretty much confirming whether parts were true or not based on their answer.. that's not cool at all. People can lose jobs over stuff like this, it's not something to be taken lightly.
I understand your point, but why would anyone risk their job if they tell someone when they where ask not too?
Ride the tank
theanimal23
RealGM
And1: 926

Post#1128 » by theanimal23 » Wed Jun 25, 2008 9:34 pm

bango_the_buck wrote:
theanimal23 wrote:It can July 1st. The Rockets and Grizzlies waited till July to finalize the Battier for Swift and Gay deal.

Salaries from Shamsports.com

Hinirch's salary on July 1st: $10,250,000. Bulls can take back within 25% of his salary. Range: $7,687,500-$12,812,500

Mason and CV equal: $8,838,050. Kirk's salary is within 25% of what the Bucks are sending out.

Trade the rights of #8. Do not sign him.

Works out to me. Maybe I'm doing it wrong. Correct me if I am please.
RyGuy24
General Manager
And1: 107

Post#1129 » by RyGuy24 » Wed Jun 25, 2008 9:34 pm

bango_the_buck wrote:

I'm the last guy to ask about salary things, but won't next seasons salaries be used on July 1st?

Hinrich makes 10 mill, and CV+Mason add up to 9 mill.

I could be wrong though, so somebody correct me if that's the case. Thanks.

edit: animal beat me
R.I.P Red , Norm, Bullsmaniac, and pdenninggolden.
paulpressey25
Senior Mod - Bucks
Senior Mod - Bucks
And1: 26,208

Post#1130 » by paulpressey25 » Wed Jun 25, 2008 9:36 pm

I believe that Hinrich's BYC status expires on July 1 just as Mo's does. So yes, this deal would be hinted at tomorrow night but not made official official until July 1st, using everyone's July 1st salaries.

I agree with Debt....we need to load in Simmons or Gadz here and get back Noc.
In depth discussions here - shorter stuff on Twitter

https://twitter.com/paulpressey25
Buck You
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 541

Post#1131 » by Buck You » Wed Jun 25, 2008 9:37 pm

So the 8 pick isn't put into the salary of the trade at all?
bango_the_buck
Bench Warmer
And1: 149

Post#1132 » by bango_the_buck » Wed Jun 25, 2008 9:37 pm

RyGuy24 wrote:I'm the last guy to ask about salary things, but won't next seasons salaries be used on July 1st?

Hinrich makes 10 mill, and CV+Mason add up to 9 mill.

I could be wrong though, so somebody correct me if that's the case. Thanks.

edit: animal beat me

Yeah, I was using the wrong salaries. I think it does work with next seasons salaries...

ETA: Hinrich's contract has annual salary decreases, while CV and Mason's salaries both increase...
Scott Skiles on being compared by reporters to Hall of Fame coach Pat Riley: "If I thought you guys knew anything, I'd be flattered."
carmelbrownqueen
RealGM

Post#1133 » by carmelbrownqueen » Wed Jun 25, 2008 9:37 pm

Balls2TheWalls wrote:
oshmeehan wrote:Get off that cloud you're on

I find the "We can't deal with people going neener neener neener" defense is weak. I think that what CBQ is asking for is that the people entrusted with information to act professional with the entrusted information.

I am inferring that she is also hoping that people would not act like children when they blurted a secret out like children. You might not like that you weren't in the know, but if someone was messing around with your job, you would not find it funny.
Thanks, that's exactly what I am saying.. I understand fully that everyone wants to know, this is an exciting part of the season when the draft comes around and trades are rumored around every corner. He gave us a nibble of what he heard when he typed Kirk's name and we needed to leave it there, speculate on stuff and that was it... having the details all but confirmed for any and everyone to read on a website is just not cool at all. Let's not act like in the past the Bucks organization didn't find out that details had been spilled to a certain poster and shared with the boards before.. because that did happen and part of bringing in new blood to the management office is to keep more things under wraps.
"Too many people ask for help, and sometimes you have to help yourself." - Jerry Sloan

"We don't accept anything but winning. We don't accept anything but playing hard." - John Hammond
Balls2TheWalls
RealGM
And1: 3,628

Post#1134 » by Balls2TheWalls » Wed Jun 25, 2008 9:37 pm

Fact of the matter is that our players don't have much trade value, and Nocioni has quite a bit of trade value. No way are they going to throw a good player in and eat a garbage contract in return.. it just isn't going to happen.
SupremeHustle wrote:Salmons might shoot us out of games, but SJAX shoots people out of parking lots. Think about it.
Debit One
Starter
And1: 87

Post#1135 » by Debit One » Wed Jun 25, 2008 9:39 pm

paulpressey25 wrote:I agree with Debt....

As you should more often. :D
msiris
RealGM
And1: 1,738

Post#1136 » by msiris » Wed Jun 25, 2008 9:39 pm

steger_3434 wrote:
msiris wrote:No way I do this deal. Helping the Bulls who already have the 1st pick is a joke. No way does this improve the team. WAY too much to give up for A Hinny. If so no way does this team wins 20 games next year.

I'm sure we win more than 20, but it isn't a very good team.

Our PG position gets a little bit better
Our SG position stays the same
Our SF position gets worse. Yeah, dez isn't good, but having Simmons only is a joke
Our PF position gets worse. Yi may be a little better, but not having CV makes it worse
Our C position gets a little better as Bogut improves.

Our depth is atrocious.

The only way this team gets better is if Hammonds believe our core players from last year weren't as bad as they played and if he believes Skiles is the type of coach who he himself can win 10 games alone.
I do not like wasting picks on just average players. The goal of the draft is finding above average talent or even superstars. Niether Hinny or the 8th will most likely will not help the Bucks next year, so why throw away a chance of getting a more talented player. Even most Bulls fans are saying sure to the trade, but why would we do it?
Ride the tank
carmelbrownqueen
RealGM

Post#1137 » by carmelbrownqueen » Wed Jun 25, 2008 9:42 pm

msiris wrote:
I understand your point, but why would anyone risk their job if they tell someone when they where ask not too?

Everyone on this board probably has friends or associates that they share stuff with from time to time that "other" folks are supposed to know. And if that person we share things with happens to share with someone else, the hope is things won't get out of hand get told to everyone all willy nilly.
It just went way too far...

Kerb Hohl
RealGM
And1: 4,172
Location: Hmmmm...how many 1sts would Jason Richardson cost...?

Post#1138 » by Kerb Hohl » Wed Jun 25, 2008 9:42 pm

trwi7 wrote:I also got this email.

I just want to check the validity of this genius e-mail address.

And this one from the same guy.

Gimme da trade rumor as well. Or else...

(Or else I will glue your eyes open and show you 5 hours of Tony Gwynn Jr. batting footage).

:lol:

I think the biggest deal of mistrust here is that twirly posted my PERSONAL e-mails on here. Unbelievable twirlz.
Buck You
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 541

Post#1139 » by Buck You » Wed Jun 25, 2008 9:43 pm

Well Mo would have to be traded if we did this trade in a separate deal. So hope to god if this deal does happen that we trade Mo for a starting sf/pf or both. I still like Mo/Yi for Maggette/Brand but that's contingent on us re-signing at least Brand so idk about that one. Plus idk if that works out financially so that could hurt our depth even more if we have to add more salary.
aaprigs311
Assistant Coach
And1: 3

Post#1140 » by aaprigs311 » Wed Jun 25, 2008 9:46 pm

Who cares!? Everyone is blowing this out of proportion. It's a rumor, not even a sure thing yet. We have no impact on anything that happens in the NBA. If you think otherwise then you may have an exaggerated sense of self worth. Wait, I'm hearing something interesting.. Some breaking news! This just in, RealGm isn't REAL! We don't make or break trades.

Return to Milwaukee Bucks