ImageImageImageImageImage

Black Jerseys revealed

Moderators: HiJiNX, niQ, Morris_Shatford, DG88, Reeko, lebron stopper, 7 Footer, Duffman100

Rhettmatic
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 14,547

Re: Black Jerseys revealed 

Post#46 » by Rhettmatic » Sat Sep 13, 2008 4:39 pm

What were you all expecting? The jersey looks just like it did in the Live 09 screens, and exactly as Doug Smith said it would.

Anyway, I like it. Thanks for posting the pictures.
Sig by the one and only Turbo_Zone.
bballCT
Rookie
And1: 40

Post#47 » by bballCT » Sat Sep 13, 2008 4:43 pm

I like it, would be cool to see them play all in black
Follow Twitter for basketball cards news: @bballct
TheRaptor!
General Manager
And1: 5,552

Post#48 » by TheRaptor! » Sat Sep 13, 2008 4:44 pm

LittleOzzy wrote:
TheRaptor! wrote:
DarthRaptor wrote:TheRaptor! can go burn in hell for all I care, worthless douchebag.

Calm down man lol. Is there something wrong with disliking Canada and the reminder of Toronto being in Canada everytime I look at the Black raptor jerseys?

If you live in Canada and you dislike it there is something clearly wrong with you. Canada is an amazing country that everyone coast to coast should be proud of.

Saying you wouldn't tell people you are Canadian and are not proud of this country is insane to me.

I work in Canada and cannot leave before I sell all my property and until I can get reasonable profit, I will not do so.

Canada is pretty 'amazing' but I would not call myself Canadian, I would say I'm "Chinese". I'm proud of China but why Canada, its just a hotel to me.

Why are you guys so sensitive and choose to quote me and my opinion even after I edited my original comments? Grow up.
Tomato
Lead Assistant
And1: 14

Post#49 » by Tomato » Sat Sep 13, 2008 4:46 pm

I'm Asian and proud to be Canadian. Atleast tell us why you hate our Country so much.
by Shoon.
5DOM
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 1,811

Post#50 » by 5DOM » Sat Sep 13, 2008 4:46 pm

TheRaptor! wrote: Why are you guys so sensitive and choose to quote me and my opinion even after I edited my original comments? Grow up.

maybe you should grow up yourself and think before posting so you dont have to edit your original post.
jonny three time
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,246

Post#51 » by jonny three time » Sat Sep 13, 2008 4:48 pm

He's a communist, enough said

There's just not enough oppression here for him to feel comfortable
dabossman
Senior
And1: 2

Post#52 » by dabossman » Sat Sep 13, 2008 4:49 pm

I would get outta here if my job doesn't prevent me from doin so..

Back on topic please....[/quote]

Canada will always be part of the topic here and you should be the first to get out starve and rot on no social security programs with your unemployed azz and give up your job to someone who belongs here and will appreciate it. Discgraceful!
LittleOzzy
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 4,197

Post#53 » by LittleOzzy » Sat Sep 13, 2008 4:50 pm

TheRaptor! wrote:
I work in Canada and cannot leave before I sell all my property and until I can get reasonable profit, I will not do so.

Canada is pretty 'amazing' but I would not call myself Canadian, I would say I'm "Chinese". I'm proud of China but why Canada, its just a hotel to me.

Why are you guys so sensitive and choose to quote me and my opinion even after I edited my original comments? Grow up.

I don't think we are being too sensitive, I'm guessing as proud Canadians most of us just took offense to what you said. You live in this country and should respect the people and culture around you. If Canada is so bad you shouldn't have moved here in the first place, in my opinion you should never make fun of the place you call home.

As for growing up, you should of realized how childish your original statement was to begin with.
dabossman
Senior

Post#54 » by dabossman » Sat Sep 13, 2008 4:52 pm

TheRaptor! wrote:
DarthRaptor wrote:TheRaptor! can go burn in hell for all I care, worthless douchebag.

Calm down man lol. Is there something wrong with disliking Canada and the reminder of Toronto being in Canada everytime I look at the Black raptor jerseys?

aaa yeah there most definately is! I hope your driven away from here with hatered and I never have to read another of your posts again.
DarthRaptor
Banned User
And1: 0

Post#55 » by DarthRaptor » Sat Sep 13, 2008 4:56 pm

Almost every person around the world dislikes China, but we at least have the decency and respect to not let you or any other Chinese people know.

Listen, what country do you pay your taxes too? Which country keeps a roof over your head and protects you when you sleep at night? Canada, so don't complain, you have it 100x better here than almost every other country of the planet.
ImissJordan
General Manager
And1: 968

Post#56 » by ImissJordan » Sat Sep 13, 2008 4:58 pm

They....pretty much look exactly like I thought they would.
YogiStewart
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 6,402

Post#57 » by YogiStewart » Sat Sep 13, 2008 4:59 pm

stro wrote:I LOVE it. I'll admit I was a little worried about the whole "TOR" Idea, and I really really disliked that TOR photoshop one. But this is perfect. Exactly what I figured they would do with a black jersey.

Can't wait to pick one of these up

p.s. lmao @ "red and black don't go together"

first, those black Bulls jerseys looked silly. never liked them.
second, the shade of red the Raps use (i.e. maple leaf red) looks stupid with the black. the players might as well wear a red lipstick while they wear those jerseys. it would finish the look quite well. too bad Delfino's no longer here.

and you say "exactly what I figured they would do with a black jersey." its black. what else can you do with black? you don't really have shades of black (that would be grey or charcoal).

personally, i'd rather see something that incorporated the gold they have in their jerseys, or to come up with a blue and white design similar to Toronto's port flag.
Tomato
Lead Assistant
And1: 14

Post#58 » by Tomato » Sat Sep 13, 2008 4:59 pm

How can you not be proud of a country that invented poutine, seriously....
by Shoon.
TheRaptor!
General Manager

Post#59 » by TheRaptor! » Sat Sep 13, 2008 5:00 pm

I never said hate did I? I simply said I am not proud to be one.

I originally posted that comment because I felt the reminder that the Raptors play in Canada was unnecessary. I don't think the fact that I don't like Canada makes me childish.

If i offended anyone for saying that I personally do not feel the same way you do, I apologize, but one thing is for sure, we all share the same love for the Raptors.
JL5
Bench Warmer

Post#60 » by JL5 » Sat Sep 13, 2008 5:06 pm

Yeah, I must say I'm intrigued by the general reaction of this board. Is anyone actually surprised that this is what the jerseys look like? When a couple of friends and I read that Doug Smith article way back, we all went home, sketched out our own takes on his description, and guess what? We all came up with the same thing.

I'm really not sure what those of you who asked for "more thought and effort" wanted. Were you expecting a completely different style of jersey? How many teams, in all honesty, have alternates that vary wildly from their home and aways? Apart from the Wizards, whose alternates I find kind of embarassing, I can't think of any off the top of my head. In many cases, consistency is key.

Anyways, all that being said, I very much like the maple leaf and TORONTO on the front, but I agree that perhaps a darker shade of red would've looked better.

Also, just out of curiosity, how did the OP get those pictures?
TheRaptor!
General Manager

Post#61 » by TheRaptor! » Sat Sep 13, 2008 5:08 pm

DarthRaptor wrote:Almost every person around the world dislikes China, but we at least have the decency and respect to not let you or any other Chinese people know.

Listen, what country do you pay your taxes too? Which country keeps a roof over your head and protects you when you sleep at night? Canada, so don't complain, you have it 100x better here than almost every other country of the planet.

Everyone around the world can hate China, but I personally feel they are superior to everyone else. I'll have the decency and respect to not let everyone else know.

If you have the money, location is not a problem. Canada only keeps a roof over my head cause I paid for it.
YogiStewart
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 6,402

Post#62 » by YogiStewart » Sat Sep 13, 2008 5:09 pm

TheRaptor! wrote:I work in Canada and cannot leave before I sell all my property and until I can get reasonable profit, I will not do so.

Everyone around the world can hate China, but I personally feel they are superior to everyone else. I'll have the decency and respect to not let everyone else know.

your comments are funny. and sad. sadly funny.

its good that you are at least honest about your feelings towards canada. and I am happy that i can take some of your tax dollars before you run back to China.

its also honourable that you are staying until you make "reasonable profit". good to see that you are thinking with your heart.

and you talk about "decency and respect" in not letting everyone know that China is "superior to everyone else." guess the cat's out of the bag now, eh?
King Raptor
Banned User
And1: 0

Post#63 » by King Raptor » Sat Sep 13, 2008 5:11 pm

U guys r getting tooooooo worked up over some fake pictures tht some next guy posted :o ..... is there any proof tht they are real (no), i'll judge when its official

I can garuntee tht they will look much better than this
HSOB SIRHC
General Manager
And1: 1,238

Post#64 » by HSOB SIRHC » Sat Sep 13, 2008 5:13 pm

I know this is going off topic, but I'm curious to know what it is about Canada that you don't like.
Credit to Turbozone
JL5
Bench Warmer

Post#65 » by JL5 » Sat Sep 13, 2008 5:13 pm

Oh, and you can be sure that if the jerseys were all black (minus the trim and whatnot), you'd have just as many people complaining. To be honest, I'm pretty sure it'd be the same people...

"Gah! There's too much black! Black and black don't go together! It's still too Canadian! THE SKY IS FALLING!"

Return to Toronto Raptors