ImageImageImageImageImage

Gil vs. Javaris (Gun Incident)

Moderators: LyricalRico, nate33, montestewart

sixerbond
Banned User
And1: 0

Re: gil vs javaris 

Post#46 » by sixerbond » Fri Jan 1, 2010 5:26 pm

76er fan here with my take on this. First off lets get a few things straight here. We all
know that keeping a gun inside ANY NBA venue is cause for an immediate suspension by the league.
So we all know that Gil and Crit are gonna get suspended at the very least. But, with that said, if ANYONE here thinks that Gil, or Crit are the ONLY NBA players that keep guns either in their lockers, or in their cars, which BTW IS Illegal according to the NBA rules, then they're deluding themselves.
I would say right now, about 60-75 % of the league players either keep, or have at a time brought a
gun into their locker room. Now, bringing a gun, and ' Pointing " it at someone is another thing all together. That right there might be a whole year long type of suspension, but who knows.
However, I think the above poster who commented on this whole " Gambling aspect " may have hit the nail on the head here. I'm pretty sure that a team cannot totally void a players contract for the gun issue. But, if ANY sort of Gambling was done, and I mean Illegal gambling, whether it was a game of horse during practice, or just betting on some college or football games outside of the arena, either way, THAT, I know is a breech of the morals conduct of ANY NBA contract, and for that I am certain the Wiz can void the rest of Gil's contract. And I think, but I'm not sure, but I think only a small percentage is applied to the Wizzards Cap. But alas, this whole thing is horrid. And yes, even though I do not excuse Crit's actions here. I can totally see this more as Gil's fault. He comes accross with
this " Gangsta " type of attitude. And that he's above everything,,,even Illegal gambling debts.

But, lets just wait this out, and see what happens. But, either way, I'll bet the league does whatever it can to sweep this gambling angle under the rug. They don't want anymore publicity on anything gambling wise.
GilArenas88
Sixth Man

Post#47 » by GilArenas88 » Fri Jan 1, 2010 5:29 pm

This is bad no way to cut it nicely. This team is in utter chaos, I'm starting to lean toward a total house cleaning. I can't believe teamates are pulling guns on each other in the freaking locker room, is this some bad episode of Punked.

How the hell do you change usernames, I've had enough...
miller31time
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 2,125

Post#48 » by miller31time » Fri Jan 1, 2010 5:47 pm

GilArenas88 wrote:How the hell do you change usernames, I've had enough...

viewtopic.php?f=40&t=860923&start=630
NetsForce
Banned User
And1: 29

Post#49 » by NetsForce » Fri Jan 1, 2010 5:56 pm

Not going to lie... There goes my desire for the Nets to trade for Arenas in the offseason (if they don't land Wall).
tkunit
Head Coach
And1: 7

Post#50 » by tkunit » Fri Jan 1, 2010 5:58 pm

If this is true, I am done with both of them and want both contracts void. grow the F up, I am just done
mohammed10
Assistant Coach
And1: 155

Post#51 » by mohammed10 » Fri Jan 1, 2010 5:59 pm

When asked the reasons for bringing weapons to the arena, Arenas joked, "I'm a bank robber. I like to rob banks."

That's not too far from the truth. With his contract, he's clearly robbing the Wizards blind.

:crazy: :nonono: :ouch:
If you can fill the unforgiving minute
With sixty seconds’ worth of distance run,
Yours is the Earth and everything that’s in it,
And—which is more—you’ll be a Man, my son!

'If' - by Rudyard Kipling
gowiz999
Veteran

Post#52 » by gowiz999 » Fri Jan 1, 2010 6:00 pm

Just lost the little respect I had left for Arenas. He's thug ass trash just like most of the NBA. I thought he was better than that.

Worst Contract EVER! :evil:
newslowsad
Veteran

Post#53 » by newslowsad » Fri Jan 1, 2010 6:02 pm

dlts20 wrote:Now though, Im starting to feel sorry for Gil.

Don't feel sorry for rich idiots/divas that fail to possess leadership skills.
pancakes3
General Manager
And1: 2,632

Post#54 » by pancakes3 » Fri Jan 1, 2010 6:16 pm

i never understood the need to have guns. bill gates doesn't walk around strapped. Oprah's not packing heat. why are athletes so damn ridiculous? even gil - who admits to just stay home and play video games and not go clubbing keeps 3 in his locker? wtf.
Bullets -> Wizards
mohammed10
Assistant Coach

Post#55 » by mohammed10 » Fri Jan 1, 2010 6:16 pm

This is what I have been trying to bang 2 eveyone about this clown.

Gil ain't all there. He is not a superstar, he is a child. He had all the physical gifts he needed to be on the superstar level, except the single most important thing he needs - a superstar menatality.

What he gives us on the court simply does not outweigh what he is lacking and, in my humble opinion, 90% of what he is lacking is between his ears.

Here you have a team coming off a 19 win season and we talking about him bring firearms into the locker room?! Regardless of why he decided to do this, it is disturbing on many levels.

However, this may be a blessing in disguise because I'm 100% sure if Ernie (or his replacement) can void Gil's deal because of this, we will be free at last.

As many of you have so eloquently stated, I am done with Gilbert Arenas. I saw the potential he didn't develop and I won't make excuses for him any longer. He simply is just not the player/person I thought he was or would develop into. He has proven all the skeptics to be 100% correct about his childish antics.

AgentZero_MN
Ballboy

Post#56 » by AgentZero_MN » Fri Jan 1, 2010 6:24 pm

They were both drunk
blame it to alchohol
From zero to HERO
mohammed10
Assistant Coach

Post#57 » by mohammed10 » Fri Jan 1, 2010 6:30 pm

To all of you out there, a question:

How many of your employers allow you to bring firearms to your place of employment?

Mine does not. I would thus be fired effective immediately if I did (although I do not own a weapon). Especially if I drew the gun onto another employee...

If what is alleged is true, Stern should make an example of the wanna be thugs - long term suspension or possible being banned from the league, as some have suggested. No excuses.

imagge
Lead Assistant
And1: 687

Post#58 » by imagge » Fri Jan 1, 2010 6:32 pm

mohammed10 wrote:To all of you out there, a question:

How many of your employers allow you to bring firearms to your place of employment?

Mine does not. I would thus be fired effective immediately if I did (although I do not own a weapon). Especially if I drew the gun onto another employee...

If what is alleged is true, Stern should make an example of the wanna be thugs - long term suspension or possible being banned from the league, as some have suggested. No excuses.

Besides aren't guns illegal in the District of Columbia???
Zerocious
Sixth Man

Post#59 » by Zerocious » Fri Jan 1, 2010 6:33 pm

this is not the kind of fireworks i was hoping for for 2010.

oh well, flip was right when he said that it could get worse.

question:

1. did critt bring his own weapon to the phonebooth? or grabbed one of gils
2. were they knowingly pulling NON-loaded guns on eachother, what were they going to do hit eachother with em? :nonono:
3. were they betting on the games? critt beting against arenas for standings or wins?

i feel bad for gil. think of it.....

up, up, up: he was at the height of his career, top scorer, all-star, possible mvp considerations, winning team, best record in the east.....

down, down, down: some fool busted his knee, surgery #1
rehad to prove doubter wrong
failed comeback, surgery #2
promising comeback, training ahead of schedule
comeback #2, surgery #3

up, up, up: sign big contract, sign his friends to big contracts. finally healthy, everyone finally healthy, great hopes, great expectations

down, down, down: no wins, bad chemistry, bustd expectations, dead owner, trade rumors, contract over his head...

how would you handle this? it's to much for these guys to be told they are on the top of the world but then being trashed for not living up to expectations, being blamed for everything that is wrong. it messes with you.

gil had a great thing going, he was going to be on top of his game, top of the league, top of his world, it all came tumbling down and crashing apart. all in 2 years.

i feel bad for him. dont say, 'well he's got plenty of money' because that does nothing. i bet he'd give it all back to be where he was three years ago.

Gil, i wish you the best of luck, i hope it all works out. STILL your fan, Zerocious
BlazersRizing
Assistant Coach
And1: 159

Post#60 » by BlazersRizing » Fri Jan 1, 2010 6:35 pm

if you guys can get out of Arenas contract, that'd be the best news possible for the future of the team.

and apparently its the Washington BULLETS not Wizards. :lol:
HEATVols865
General Manager
And1: 6,695

Post#61 » by HEATVols865 » Fri Jan 1, 2010 6:38 pm

Flip will have to be more specific when he tells Arenas to just shoot!
#HEATLifer #VFL

You're welcome LeBron.

Tyler Herro is a TURD.
Bam is NOT elite but is getting better.
Fire Spoelstra!
Josh Heupel is coming for you.

I’m a proud admirer and lover of BBWs!

Formerly known as Brazilian, QueenOfFairies and HEATlanta.
Chocolate City Jordanaire
RealGM
And1: 9,006

Post#62 » by Chocolate City Jordanaire » Fri Jan 1, 2010 6:40 pm

Scorpion King wrote:got this from GB

coldfish wrote:If I was Wizards management, I would be looking to see if this violates the standard NBA contract conduct terms. This may be an out for his huge contract.

What do you guys think about it ? If he violates that contract. Wiz release without paying him this will save a lot $$$

Would you guys do this if he did violate his contract ? i.e. terminate his contract and players union cant fight it because he breached his contract.

I'm thinking "Merry Christmas, baby" for Ernie Grunfeld.

The union and Gil's lawyer's will intervene, but if this goes down as some sort of handgun crime with gambling associated, I am not a lawyer, but I bet David Stern and Billy Hunter might get together on this one and let Gil's ass swing in the wind.

You don't deserve to make what Gil makes if this all went down the way it's being reported.
Bye bye Beal.
Zerocious
Sixth Man

Post#63 » by Zerocious » Fri Jan 1, 2010 6:41 pm

BlazersRizing wrote:if you guys can get out of Arenas contract, that'd be the best news possible for the future of the team.

and apparently its the Washington BULLETS not Wizards. :lol:

more like washington backfire.....

or duds

or idiots: how you gonna shoot someone with non-loaded guns.....
mohammed10
Assistant Coach

Post#64 » by mohammed10 » Fri Jan 1, 2010 6:42 pm

Zerocious wrote:
more like washington backfire.....

or duds

or idiots: how you gonna shoot someone with non-loaded guns.....

Gil was merely expessing his desire to change the team's name back to the Bullets?

mohammed10
Assistant Coach

Post#65 » by mohammed10 » Fri Jan 1, 2010 6:44 pm

Wizzies just released a statement about our new hot topic:

"The Washington Wizards take this situation and the ongoing investigation very seriously. We are continuing to cooperate fully with the proper authorities and the NBA and will have no further comment at this time."

http://voices.washingtonpost.com/wizard ... ement.html

Return to Washington Wizards