Moderators: JDR720, Diop, fatlever, yosemiteben, BigSlam

Walt Cronkite
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 558

Re: Gerald Wallace Trade Talk/Trade Ideas 

Post#166 » by Walt Cronkite » Fri Nov 28, 2008 1:00 am

Walt Cronkite wrote:
Vanderbilt_Grad wrote:Don't try to give us Curry. Just don't.
WaydownSouth
Junior
And1: 1

Post#167 » by WaydownSouth » Fri Nov 28, 2008 5:26 am

drewd wrote:how about this,

http://games.espn.go.com/nba/features/t ... &te=&cash=

And we get two second round picks from the Cavs and Clippers.

Seriously, I don't mean to be rude, but what part of "we don't want Curry" didn't sink into your head???

Lee, Chandler and a 1st and maybe we can discuss....

EDIT: Wouldn't say I do it, but it's a hell of a lot better.

http://games.espn.go.com/nba/features/traderesult?players=3194~383~2772~1982~2776~3016~1026&teams=30~30~30~30~18~18~12&te=&cash=
Paydro70
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 225

Post#168 » by Paydro70 » Sat Nov 29, 2008 10:11 pm

Good lord, you aren't sure you'd do that? Those teams would laugh in our faces!
WaydownSouth
Junior

Post#169 » by WaydownSouth » Sun Nov 30, 2008 12:12 am

I'd hope they would laugh in our face..... It's a totally loaded deal for us. The only dog is Jerome James, and he's expiring.

It's about time we got a deal that was in our favor.

If I had my way there would be a whole series of changes.
B Calrissian
Head Coach
And1: 17

Post#170 » by B Calrissian » Sun Nov 30, 2008 10:45 pm

From the Wolves board-
I don't know how legit this sites sources are but..

http://www.timberwolvespress.com/

What do you guys think of McCants at this point?
BigSlam
Forum Mod - Hornets
Forum Mod - Hornets
And1: 8,358

Post#171 » by BigSlam » Sun Nov 30, 2008 10:55 pm

B Calrissian wrote:From the Wolves board-
I don't know how legit this sites sources are but..

http://www.timberwolvespress.com/

What do you guys think of McCants at this point?

LB has said we have too many jump shooters as it is. Can't imagine him wanting to add another one.

In saying that if the trade was something like:

Collins, Brewer, McCants and an unprotected 1st
for
Crash and Hammer

it might be worth while.

If we could add Nazzy for Cardinal it might be even better.
B B M F 'ers
GopherIt!
RealGM
And1: 24,163

Post#172 » by GopherIt! » Sun Nov 30, 2008 11:04 pm

By "unprotected 1st," I assume you mean the Wolves own 1st in 2009. That pick is already tied to the Clips in case we fall out of the top ten in the lottery so it can't be traded. We have three other 1st rounders in 2009 that would be available.
fatlever
Senior Mod - Hornets
Senior Mod - Hornets
And1: 12,655

Post#173 » by fatlever » Sun Nov 30, 2008 11:17 pm

is that really the best we can do? maybe everyone just assumes the bobcats want mccants since we seem to have a thing for unc players. but mccants is nothing better than a 6th man. he is not starting material and never will be. he's a slightly better version of shannon brown. maybe we look at a salary dump type trade in January when we are 20 games below .500. at 5-11 there's still a lot of ball to be played. mccants wont make us better.
spectre_
Lead Assistant
And1: 15

Post#174 » by spectre_ » Sun Nov 30, 2008 11:51 pm

With the recent news that Rashad McCants is on the trading block and that the T'Wolves have had talks with the Bobcats about McCants, here are the players that could be involved in a possible trade.
Timberwolves
-McCants-Former UNC star, fan favorite in North Carolina
-Collins-Expiring Contract 6.2 mil
-Booth-Expiring Contract 1.1 mil
-Brewer-Bobcats need Defense and Brewer still has plenty of potential
-2009 1st round pick-T'Wolves have plenty to give up
Bobcats Trade
-Gerald Wallace-Has been on the block for a while. Would be a great compliment to Big Al at the SF position. Great all around player that is much more talented and polished than Brewer.
-Raymond Felton- Has not lived up to all the hype in Charlotte and they drafted another PG this year in Augustin.
-Adam Morrison- McHale was very high on this guy.

Most Likely Outcome
T'Wolves trade McCants, Collins, 1st round pick
Bobcats trade Wallace

Both teams benefit in this situation. The Bobcats bring home a fan favorite with plenty of scoring potential and also free up some cap in the meantime. The T'Wolves get another solid piece to put around Al Jefferson that instantly improves their ball club without giving up too much.

I don't see a big trade like the original suggestion as it'd be hard to match salaries. Except for Collins everyone else mentioned is in the 2-2.5 range...just Crash and Felton or Ammo would put our outgoing at 13+.

I could possibly see the "most likely outcome" if the pick was Miami's (is it unprotected this year?), but I CAN NOT see Larry Brown wanting McCants. Unless he's went thru some sort of drastic personality change they'd be clashing within a week.
RaptorJ wrote:they (Bobcats' fans) seem to be some of the least intelligent posters on RealGM from some of the trash they say.

Irony
BigSlam
Forum Mod - Hornets
Forum Mod - Hornets
And1: 8,358

Post#175 » by BigSlam » Mon Dec 1, 2008 12:25 am

So now Crash has been linked to the Raps, the Clipps, the Knicks, the Warriors, the Wolves..........................am I forgetting any teams?

All these "reports" and rumors just smack of writers putting 1 and 1 together and coming up with 10.
B B M F 'ers
4ho5ive
Assistant Coach
And1: 3

Post#176 » by 4ho5ive » Mon Dec 1, 2008 2:13 am

spectre_ wrote:
With the recent news that Rashad McCants is on the trading block and that the T'Wolves have had talks with the Bobcats about McCants, here are the players that could be involved in a possible trade.
Timberwolves
-McCants-Former UNC star, fan favorite in North Carolina
-Collins-Expiring Contract 6.2 mil
-Booth-Expiring Contract 1.1 mil
-Brewer-Bobcats need Defense and Brewer still has plenty of potential
-2009 1st round pick-T'Wolves have plenty to give up
Bobcats Trade
-Gerald Wallace-Has been on the block for a while. Would be a great compliment to Big Al at the SF position. Great all around player that is much more talented and polished than Brewer.
-Raymond Felton- Has not lived up to all the hype in Charlotte and they drafted another PG this year in Augustin.
-Adam Morrison- McHale was very high on this guy.

Most Likely Outcome
T'Wolves trade McCants, Collins, 1st round pick
Bobcats trade Wallace

Both teams benefit in this situation. The Bobcats bring home a fan favorite with plenty of scoring potential and also free up some cap in the meantime. The T'Wolves get another solid piece to put around Al Jefferson that instantly improves their ball club without giving up too much.

I don't see a big trade like the original suggestion as it'd be hard to match salaries. Except for Collins everyone else mentioned is in the 2-2.5 range...just Crash and Felton or Ammo would put our outgoing at 13+.

I could possibly see the "most likely outcome" if the pick was Miami's (is it unprotected this year?), but I CAN NOT see Larry Brown wanting McCants. Unless he's went thru some sort of drastic personality change they'd be clashing within a week.

Nope, it escapes me at the moment, its either Top-15 or lotto protected. Not that there is much difference.

*Its lotto protected this year, Top-10 next.
ohara
Head Coach
And1: 167

Post#177 » by ohara » Mon Dec 1, 2008 3:21 am

If the 1st is not Minny's, it wont be a high lottery pick. We would be trading Crash for 2 back ups. Horrible trade. The only reason for it would be that the two incoming's have 1 yr Contracts. That would free up $ for the big 2010 FA market. That is the only thing about this rumor that makes sense.
4ho5ive
Assistant Coach

Post#178 » by 4ho5ive » Mon Dec 1, 2008 3:43 am

So every lottery pick is a starter and every non lotto pick is a role player at best? I admit the odds that you find a super star or really great player in the mid to late 1st are slightly less, but thats kinda the glass half empty look.
PeeDee
Sixth Man
And1: 67

Post#179 » by PeeDee » Mon Dec 1, 2008 6:15 am

4ho5ive wrote:*Its lotto protected this year, Top-10 next.

Actually, it was lottery protected last year, top ten this year, top 6 next, unprotected after that.
4ho5ive
Assistant Coach

Post#180 » by 4ho5ive » Mon Dec 1, 2008 6:36 am

Damn, that article was almost a year old and i didnt even notice. Good catch PD.
floppymoose
Senior Mod - Warriors
Senior Mod - Warriors
And1: 15,814

Post#181 » by floppymoose » Mon Dec 1, 2008 10:45 am

McCants is a jerk. There would have to be a great pick coming back, not a heavily protected one.
e4Nf6
Starter

Post#182 » by e4Nf6 » Mon Dec 1, 2008 8:51 pm

McCants? really? I can't read this thread anymore. First Eddy curry now this...
=/∞
spectre_
Lead Assistant
And1: 15

Post#183 » by spectre_ » Mon Dec 1, 2008 9:10 pm

Heh, they already have his jersey picked out! :lol:
RaptorJ wrote:they (Bobcats' fans) seem to be some of the least intelligent posters on RealGM from some of the trash they say.

Irony
shrink
RealGM
And1: 14,867

Post#184 » by shrink » Tue Dec 2, 2008 3:19 am

Let me squelch the MIN trade. The original source has reliable ties within the wolves organization, but all he said was that the Wolves were shopping McCants, which I don't think is a surprise to anyone. However, he didn't know of a specific trade rumor, and when pressed, he said that CHA was listening to offers. Well, every team listens to offers in an effort to make their team better, but the rumor-starved blogosphere decided to link these two, and even included a sample trade. there is no evidence behind it, and I don't think it makes sense anyway, so let's set it aside.

I will say though that I disagree with the casual assessment of McCants from the posters on this board. McCants has lots of talent (15 PPG +40% 3P last year off the bench), but he is butting heads with MIN's coach, who looks entrenched. McCants is not a spoiled egotistical jerk though, like others portray him. He played decent defense under Casey, and he has tremendous work ethic. When he was injured with the microfracture surgery, he lived in the weight room, and put on 25 pounds of ripped muscle. Kevin Garnett invited him to live with him, and KG doesn't tolerate laziness, particularly on defense. I can understand people saying there is a lack of fit, but lumping him into the "young lazy spoiled kid" pile is not an accurate assessment of McCants.
floppymoose
Senior Mod - Warriors
Senior Mod - Warriors
And1: 15,814

Post#185 » by floppymoose » Tue Dec 2, 2008 10:37 am

I have no idea how his relationship is with the coach - that wasn't what I meant. I mean he is a jerk on the court. That's where I can see him for myself, and he's definitely a guy I could never root for.

Return to Charlotte Hornets