Felton Trade Talk and Ideas (merged)

Moderators: BigSlam, JDR720, Diop, fatlever, yosemiteben

floppymoose
Senior Mod - Warriors
Senior Mod - Warriors
And1: 15,833

Re: Gerald Wallace Trade Talk/Trade Ideas 

Post#181 » by floppymoose » Mon Dec 1, 2008 10:45 am

McCants is a jerk. There would have to be a great pick coming back, not a heavily protected one.
e4Nf6
Starter
And1: 1

Post#182 » by e4Nf6 » Mon Dec 1, 2008 8:51 pm

McCants? really? I can't read this thread anymore. First Eddy curry now this...
=/∞
spectre_
Lead Assistant
And1: 15

Post#183 » by spectre_ » Mon Dec 1, 2008 9:10 pm

Heh, they already have his jersey picked out! :lol:
RaptorJ wrote:they (Bobcats' fans) seem to be some of the least intelligent posters on RealGM from some of the trash they say.

Irony
shrink
RealGM
And1: 15,298

Post#184 » by shrink » Tue Dec 2, 2008 3:19 am

Let me squelch the MIN trade. The original source has reliable ties within the wolves organization, but all he said was that the Wolves were shopping McCants, which I don't think is a surprise to anyone. However, he didn't know of a specific trade rumor, and when pressed, he said that CHA was listening to offers. Well, every team listens to offers in an effort to make their team better, but the rumor-starved blogosphere decided to link these two, and even included a sample trade. there is no evidence behind it, and I don't think it makes sense anyway, so let's set it aside.

I will say though that I disagree with the casual assessment of McCants from the posters on this board. McCants has lots of talent (15 PPG +40% 3P last year off the bench), but he is butting heads with MIN's coach, who looks entrenched. McCants is not a spoiled egotistical jerk though, like others portray him. He played decent defense under Casey, and he has tremendous work ethic. When he was injured with the microfracture surgery, he lived in the weight room, and put on 25 pounds of ripped muscle. Kevin Garnett invited him to live with him, and KG doesn't tolerate laziness, particularly on defense. I can understand people saying there is a lack of fit, but lumping him into the "young lazy spoiled kid" pile is not an accurate assessment of McCants.
floppymoose
Senior Mod - Warriors
Senior Mod - Warriors
And1: 15,833

Post#185 » by floppymoose » Tue Dec 2, 2008 10:37 am

I have no idea how his relationship is with the coach - that wasn't what I meant. I mean he is a jerk on the court. That's where I can see him for myself, and he's definitely a guy I could never root for.
casey
General Manager
And1: 7

Post#186 » by casey » Wed Dec 3, 2008 1:48 am

shrink wrote:McCants is not a spoiled egotistical jerk though, like others portray him. He played decent defense under Casey

I'd like to point out that none of this is true. You guys will probably hate him, as you should.
"I'm Ricky Rubio."
--Ricky Rubio
Devilzsidewalk
RealGM
And1: 5,943

Post#187 » by Devilzsidewalk » Wed Dec 3, 2008 2:19 am

casey wrote:
shrink wrote:McCants is not a spoiled egotistical jerk though, like others portray him. He played decent defense under Casey

I'd like to point out that none of this is true. You guys will probably hate him, as you should.

you're just mad that he refused to sign your man breasts, let it go already
casey
General Manager
And1: 7

Post#188 » by casey » Wed Dec 3, 2008 2:23 am

Devilzsidewalk wrote:
casey wrote:

you're just mad that he refused to sign your man breasts, let it go already

I refuse.
"I'm Ricky Rubio."
--Ricky Rubio
SportsFan215
Assistant Coach
And1: 60

Post#189 » by SportsFan215 » Wed Dec 3, 2008 10:43 pm

Zach Randolph/'09 First from MIN (Top 10 Protected until 2012) for Crash/(either May/Carroll)
BigSlam
Forum Mod - Hornets
Forum Mod - Hornets
And1: 8,358

Post#190 » by BigSlam » Thu Dec 4, 2008 4:06 pm

Too funny if it's true:

http://www.nationalpost.com/sports/stor ... id=1028512

(Charlotte swingman Gerald Wallace let it be known that if Toronto dealt for him, he wasn't going to come.)

about half way down.
B B M F 'ers
W_HAMILTON
RealGM
And1: 16,992

Post#191 » by W_HAMILTON » Thu Dec 4, 2008 4:57 pm

BigSlam wrote:Too funny if it's true:

http://www.nationalpost.com/sports/stor ... id=1028512

(Charlotte swingman Gerald Wallace let it be known that if Toronto dealt for him, he wasn't going to come.)

about half way down.

Cool. Usually we're the ones on the receiving end of that sort of treatment. Nice to see someone choose us over another team for once.
Howard Mass wrote:You do not have the right to not be offended. Just because something is offensive to you does not mean that it breaks the board rules.
e4Nf6
Starter

Post#192 » by e4Nf6 » Thu Dec 4, 2008 5:33 pm

I wonder if it's Canada or Jamario Moon that Crash doesn't like. I know he and Moon played against each other in high-school. I always got the impression that those two hate each other with a passion. Moon in particular seems to come out firing whenever he plays against Wallace.
=/∞
BigSlam
Forum Mod - Hornets
Forum Mod - Hornets
And1: 8,358

Post#193 » by BigSlam » Thu Dec 4, 2008 5:58 pm

e4Nf6 wrote:I wonder if it's Canada or Jamario Moon that Crash doesn't like.

My guess is neither.

I'm thinking he would just rather be here.
B B M F 'ers
spectre_
Lead Assistant
And1: 15

Post#194 » by spectre_ » Thu Dec 4, 2008 8:13 pm

I question that he even said it. Why would some obscure columnist know this when our revered guru Rick Bonnell didn't?

Seriously...I do kind of doubt the source, but Crash is an Alabama boy; the thought of cold weather like Canada probably scared the crap out of him.
RaptorJ wrote:they (Bobcats' fans) seem to be some of the least intelligent posters on RealGM from some of the trash they say.

Irony
shrink
RealGM
And1: 15,298

Post#195 » by shrink » Thu Dec 4, 2008 9:47 pm

Taxes?
Downtown
Head Coach
And1: 577

Post#196 » by Downtown » Thu Dec 4, 2008 10:17 pm

I have a question for you guys. I know Sean May is always seems to be injured, and some fans say he's unmotivated and selfish, and that he doesn't keep himself in good shape. But once in a while the boxscores show that when he gets good playing time he puts up solid stats.

With that being said, my question is could you see him and Matt Carroll being decent fits on the Grizzlies? We know Memphis is undermanned at power forward and lack a really good outside shooter.

I'm out on the westcoast and rarely get to watch Bobcats games so I am a little in the dark as far as assessing both these guys. But it appears that neither are core players or untouchable.

And what would you think would be fair to get in return that Memphis would be willing to give up?
e4Nf6
Starter

Post#197 » by e4Nf6 » Fri Dec 5, 2008 1:12 am

Carrol would fit well on Memphis, he could stand around on the perimeter and let Gay/Mayo/Conley create.

I don't know if we make good trade partners because we are looking for a PF as well. May or Carrol for Hakim Warrick works in the trade checker and I would give you one or both. I'm going to guess that this doesn't interest you.

Oh, and Darrel Arthur too, but I guess you are not giving him up.
=/∞
Downtown
Head Coach
And1: 577

Post#198 » by Downtown » Fri Dec 5, 2008 1:36 am

Thanks for the input. Actually I'm not a Grizzlies fan. I was a longtime Seattle fan, going back to the seventies. Since my team has moved I refuse to support it anymore so I'm kind of like a free agent.

I've decided, in this site anyways, to try and play armchair GM for the lower rung teams(excluding OKC) since it's more fun doing that than figuring out what to do for the already talented playoff type of teams.

I was just wondering about May and Carroll. That's all.
Paydro70
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 225

Post#199 » by Paydro70 » Fri Dec 5, 2008 2:06 pm

Oh man it'd be awesome to get Darrell Arthur, but I would have to assume, like e4, that it's not happening.

May is very talented and has always played well on the boards and scoring. But he's fat and injury prone and so he rarely ever DOES play. If, and this could not be a bigger if, he gets healthy, he would be a welcome fit on anybody's squad, because he'd be a star.

Carroll is going to be tough for anyone to take because of how long his contract is, but it is supposedly frontloaded so it gets more appealling. If there's one thing we know Carroll can do, it's shoot, but it's tough to call him anything more than an 9th man on a good team.

I'm not sure what the Grizz would offer us... most of the pieces I like are probably untouchable (obviously Gay and Mayo, but also Arthur, Marc Gasol, etc.).
TDWOLVESFAN
Sophomore

MN / CHAR / WAS TRADE 

Post#200 » by TDWOLVESFAN » Fri Dec 5, 2008 3:21 pm

Minnesota
Incoming:
Gerald Wallace 8.3 ml LT contract from Charlotte
Etan Thomas 6.9 ml + kicker expires in 2010 from Washington
Alexis Ajinca rookie salary from Charlotte

Outgoing:
Rashad McCants 2.6 ml to Washington - an offense his skill set fits better
Jason Collins 6.2 ml to Charlotte - expiring contract
Ryan Gomes 3.5 ml to Charlotte
Calvin Booth 1.1 ml to Charlotte expiring contract
1 or 2 1st round draft picks or cash

Chartlotte
Incoming: Calvin Booth 1.1 ml, Ryan Gomes 3.5 ml, Jason Collins 6.2 ml
+ 1 or 2 - 1st round draft picks or cash
Outgoing: Gerald Wallace 8.3 ml Adam Morrison 4.2 ml Alexis Ajinca rookie

Washington
Incoming: Rashad McCants 2.6 ml Adam Morrison 4.2 ml

Outgoing: Etan Thomas 6.9 ml[/quote]
I've been a fan since the beginning and I will be until my end.

Return to Charlotte Hornets