Nate Robinson/Agent Request Trade

Moderators: Harry Garris, ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake, Domejandro, infinite11285

backasswards
Veteran
And1: 72

Re: Nate Robinson/Agent Request Trade 

Post#21 » by backasswards » Sun Dec 20, 2009 6:06 am

retrospect24 wrote:Warriors could use another center to replace Randolph.

this made me lol
sule
RealGM
And1: 34,205

Post#22 » by sule » Sun Dec 20, 2009 7:11 am

Jellybeans8 wrote:PG-ELLIS
SG-CURRY
SF-WATSON
PF-MAGS
C-ROBINSON

Looks about right for Nellie Ball.
cuad
Banned User
And1: 2

Post#23 » by cuad » Sun Dec 20, 2009 7:18 am

Nate Robinson + Darko Milicic for Kenny Thomas + Sergio Rodriguez
KeithMoonsLiver
Banned User
And1: 0

Post#24 » by KeithMoonsLiver » Sun Dec 20, 2009 7:49 am

el loco wrote:
KeithMoonsLiver wrote:
Dr Mufasa wrote:Would love to see him as a 6th man on a team like Boston, Cleveland, San Antonio. As long as he's only playing 15-20mpg he could be an excellent asset

lol, the problem is Nate is a loser and all those teams want to win. He cannot have a prominent role on a good team.

Sure he would/could. He would be a good backup push the pace type of player on a playoff caliber team in a limited minutes type of role.

as long as by "limited minutes" you mean about 4 a game, sure
knicksNOTslick
RealGM
And1: 4,636

Post#25 » by knicksNOTslick » Sun Dec 20, 2009 7:49 am

el loco wrote:
KeithMoonsLiver wrote:
Dr Mufasa wrote:Would love to see him as a 6th man on a team like Boston, Cleveland, San Antonio. As long as he's only playing 15-20mpg he could be an excellent asset

lol, the problem is Nate is a loser and all those teams want to win. He cannot have a prominent role on a good team.

Sure he would/could. He would be a good backup push the pace type of player on a playoff caliber team in a limited minutes type of role.

He's a good energy player/sixth man off the bench. He'd be good for a contending team that doesn't have to rely too much on him to win games the same way Jamal Crawford is being utilized. He can be a sparkplug and then you can pull the plug on him once he's hurting your team. As long as you control his minutes, you'll be fine. When he gets hot, it's hard to stop him. The only problem is...he'll have off nights too, which is why he's good for a contending team.

A team like Orlando should trade for him. Dwight Howard loves him anyway. He was the guy who called their agent Aaron Goodwin who was unaware that Nate didn't play.
knicksNOTslick
RealGM
And1: 4,636

Post#26 » by knicksNOTslick » Sun Dec 20, 2009 7:53 am

KeithMoonsLiver wrote:
el loco wrote:
KeithMoonsLiver wrote:lol, the problem is Nate is a loser and all those teams want to win. He cannot have a prominent role on a good team.

as long as by "limited minutes" you mean about 4 a game, sure

No, more like 20. I'm not a big fan of Nate, but I've seen plenty of Knick games to know how his strengths can be utilized. He's not that bad of a player.
DEEP3CL
RealGM
And1: 3,207

Post#27 » by DEEP3CL » Sun Dec 20, 2009 8:24 am

GalloFan22 wrote:
iamworthy wrote:Knicks are setting themselves up for failure. Im going to laugh so hard when no one signs in NY!

??? this is so dumb in so many levels im just going to ignore it.
Please explain.......because at the moment it's pretty accurate............oh wait you're banking on the "we have the cash" theory.

And you wonder why the Lakers are more valuable than the Knicks now?

Let me answer that............DYSFUNCTION.
VETERAN LAKERS FAN

SmartWentCrazy wrote:It's extremely unlikely that they end up in the top 3.They're probably better off trying to win and giving Philly the 8th pick than tanking and giving them the 4th.
kingkirk
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 23,765

Post#28 » by kingkirk » Sun Dec 20, 2009 8:49 am

GalloFan22 wrote:
iamworthy wrote:Knicks are setting themselves up for failure. Im going to laugh so hard when no one signs in NY!

Pretty sure you didnt ignore it but anyway.

I dont see why the Knicks wont land someone. If by no one you mean they dont get Lebron/Bosh/Wade then yer sure that may happen, but isnt that the case with everyteam that has a chance to sign these guys who arnt their respective teams?

At worst they get someone lkie Boozer or of similar statue. They can throw a boatload of cash to someone. Since when do players not like money?
LebronsCavs
Banned User
And1: 0

Post#29 » by LebronsCavs » Sun Dec 20, 2009 8:49 am

I wish he could come to the cavs.
Ito
General Manager
And1: 790

Post#30 » by Ito » Sun Dec 20, 2009 10:16 am

oh but the haters are right tho, I wouldn't say completely failure, but something like that.

Nate is our most talented Guard, and he's not playing because Mike doesn't like him. Mike is a pretty dumb coach at times... look what he did with Marbury.. I like our coach but you have to wonder how far we can go with a guy who lets personal matters interfere with his coaching... Duhon plays almost the whole game just because he likes him... that's the dumbest thing I ever seen
Brunson2Spencer
Banned User
And1: 1

Post#31 » by Brunson2Spencer » Sun Dec 20, 2009 12:37 pm

DEEP3CL wrote:
GalloFan22 wrote:

Please explain.......because at the moment it's pretty accurate............oh wait you're banking on the "we have the cash" theory.

Iamworthy (Not sure what you're worthy of - yeah I know about James Worthy but either way the name sucks), I am sure you are the same person who probably dislikes Nate as a player/person yet comes into this topic to say how horrible a move this is for the Knicks. I think there's a term for that. Starts with a t, end with an l.
Flash3
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 403

Post#32 » by Flash3 » Sun Dec 20, 2009 12:38 pm

given the style of his game, why would a contender or "real" team in contention for the playoffs acquire him?
Mars wrote:You can't stop the asterisk... you can only hope to contain it.
Ito
General Manager

Post#33 » by Ito » Sun Dec 20, 2009 1:17 pm

alot of teams are still in need of that big scorer off the bench.. and thats exactly what nate could do... Nate would make the Cavs a really scary team.. and the Lakers, forget about it they would be unbeatable
I am Ra
Banned User
And1: 2

Post#34 » by I am Ra » Sun Dec 20, 2009 1:37 pm

DEEP3CL wrote:
GalloFan22 wrote:

well the statement is dumb because ny can always get a rudy gay or someone like that by outbiding.

also how does benching nate on his last year(and your team gets much better) and he wont be here next year set you up for failure? its just a dumb statement.

we will always have an amare or boozer or gay or someone like that in our backpocket.
adjacent2bench
RealGM
And1: 7,597

Post#35 » by adjacent2bench » Sun Dec 20, 2009 3:50 pm

Huh?

First off, I don't like him being benched but our winning percentage is better without him.

Second off, since when is clearing cap space being set up for failure?

For years we have FAILED because we had NO cap space...and now that we're creating it, we fail? Right. I get it. :roll:
MaceCase
General Manager
And1: 2,483

Post#36 » by MaceCase » Sun Dec 20, 2009 4:13 pm

el loco wrote:
Brunson2Spencer wrote:

You realize Nate Robinson was a free agent this summer and didn't even get an offer from any team, right?

I think a few teams probably had an interest in him, but for what he was worth most assumed the knicks would match a small deal. David Lee was in the same boat.

That seems doubtful, had there been any competitive offers made towards either Nate or Lee chances are NY would of just let them walk rather than risk compromising 2010 and even 2011 space. Teams just realize that Nate is a gimmick and not conducive towards wins and that although talented, Lee's contract demands to even consider leaving NY were absurd.
*WLONC*
We Like Our New Core
Cafu
Rookie
And1: 398

Post#37 » by Cafu » Sun Dec 20, 2009 4:21 pm

I remember Mitch wanted to trade him for Farmar 1 or 2 years ago, well if the money is not that a big problem I think Lakers could make it a try.
An Unbiased Fan
RealGM
And1: 5,514

Post#38 » by An Unbiased Fan » Sun Dec 20, 2009 5:20 pm

MilanLakers wrote:I remember Mitch wanted to trade him for Farmar 1 or 2 years ago, well if the money is not that a big problem I think Lakers could make it a try.

I was just about to post this. I could see LA moving Farmar or Sasha for Nate.
7-time RealGM MVPoster 2009-2016
Inducted into RealGM HOF 1st ballot in 2017
HMFFL
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 8,030

Post#39 » by HMFFL » Sun Dec 20, 2009 5:39 pm

Nate needs to consider all of his options this off-season because he was lucky to get the 4 million that he currently makes. JJ Barea is receiving $1,657,500,$1,815,000 (TO), and produces just as much for Dallas. On the other hand he makes plenty of mistakes and I would love for Dallas to move him.

If Nate receives any offers from overseas he probably just needs to accept it depending on the incentives.
Ito
General Manager

Post#40 » by Ito » Sun Dec 20, 2009 7:45 pm

dont compare Nate to Barea -_- Nate = Terry ... dont pay too much attention to his stats this season he was injured at first, came back and when he started playing good Mike decides not to play him for personal reasons... but Nate would we averaging about 17 points right now

Return to The General Board