Moderators: LyricalRico, nate33, montestewart

wermolwermol777
Rookie
And1: 15

Post#281 » by wermolwermol777 » Sun Jan 13, 2008 4:49 am

WizStorm wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

Wizards 2008: 19-16
Wizards 2007: 20-15

And the talent on the bench and is SOOOOOOOO much better this season than last year. But all the haters have to come out and act like their hatred for Gil is justified.

In addition to that. This year we have had a pretty favorable schedule so far.

http://teamrankings.com/nba/27powerratings.php3

Accurate as of 12th of January we are dead last in this list, which means that we've had the easiest schedule in the whole league.

Now I am not trying to take anything away from the team. We played bad the first five games and tonights win was a very very good one, but well... blah...all this better without gilbert thing is starting to get old.
dobrojim
RealGM
And1: 3,367

Post#282 » by dobrojim » Sun Jan 13, 2008 4:53 am

gilbertgoes05 wrote:did anyone notice what TJ was chewing tonight? at times it looked like gum, but at other times it was sticking out of his mouth and looked like a straw. really weird regardless.

he likes to chew on straws
80sballboy
RealGM
And1: 5,660

Post#283 » by 80sballboy » Sun Jan 13, 2008 4:55 am

What a great win! Just watched the game on tape and couldn't believe we came back from that 4th qtr deficit. It was ugly, but I don't care. Their defense from the third uarter on was unreal, but they just couldn't keep it up and give credit to the Wiz' defense. Yeah, they may have doubled too often, but bottom line is that we held Boston under 80.

I'm not going to pinpoint Caron's turnovers or N1's play or Song not catching the ball. Hell, you have to credit their defense, which was sick, but so was ours. Who wants Juan Carlos Navarro now? :clap:
dobrojim
RealGM

Post#284 » by dobrojim » Sun Jan 13, 2008 4:58 am

WizStorm wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

Nope. It's all because Gil was just keeping him down.

:rofl:
bulletproof_32
Sixth Man
And1: 40

Post#285 » by bulletproof_32 » Sun Jan 13, 2008 4:59 am

dobrojim wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

again, have not watch the replay yet but it seemed to me the ball
grazed the rim on the shot, a close call that they could easily miss.

but Rivers should have gotten T'd up for that.

I watched the replay a couple of times and the ball definitely didn't graze the rim (although there is one angle where I could see how they missed the call). Not that I'm complaining though.

While I was watching the replay, my initial fear was that the C's would file a protest and Stern would grant another re-do. Although the mistake occurred by one of his refs and not some "home town" score keeper like the ATL incident so I think we're safe.
dobrojim
RealGM

Post#286 » by dobrojim » Sun Jan 13, 2008 5:00 am

bulletproof_32 wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

I watched the replay a couple of times and the ball definitely didn't graze the rim. Not that I'm complaining though.

While I was watching the replay, my initial fear was that the C's would file a protest and Stern would grant another re-do. Although the mistake occurred by one of his refs and not some "home town" score keeper like the ATL incident so I think we're safe.

I doubt they'd ever get a re-do for something like that.
That kind of missed call happens from time to time.
bulletproof_32
Sixth Man
And1: 40

Post#287 » by bulletproof_32 » Sun Jan 13, 2008 5:04 am

dobrojim wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

I doubt they'd ever get a re-do for something like that.
That kind of missed call happens from time to time.

Yeah, I agree. I just think that the whole re-do thing set a bad precedent (as other's have alluded to in another thread).
P'Oed
Rookie
And1: 81

Post#288 » by P'Oed » Sun Jan 13, 2008 5:08 am

hahahaha...I love these Boston fans that suddenly love the smell of their own crap and make excuses like "well Rajon Rondo was out so you didn't really beat us." Ummm....we haven't had Gilbert Arenas or Etan Thomas for nearly the entire season.

great defensive game and some huge plays down the stretch. We usually need 100+ to have a chance of beating anyone but tonight was the exception. Do I think we're better than Boston? Clearly not but after an exhausting OT victory in ATL last night this was an AWESOME win.
bgwizarfan
Rookie
And1: 0

Post#289 » by bgwizarfan » Sun Jan 13, 2008 5:11 am

EvadedHavoc wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

Well to be fair Ray Allen hasnt been himself lately And Rondo was out. Good win Nonetheless

and to be fair, arenas has been out since November... there's no ever being fair in that way. Teams cant ever use the excuse that they're injured against us. Huge win!
mls737
Junior

Post#290 » by mls737 » Sun Jan 13, 2008 5:11 am

Agree that it was definitely a 24 second violation - but live the first time I also thought the shot had hit the rim. Missed by the narrowest of margins so its easy to see how the refs got that call wrong.

I disagree that the league set a bad precedent by granting Miami the appeal. That was a terrible screw up on the part of the home team scorer and justice is now going to be served. This situation tonight was not remotely like what happened in the Miami game.
Your ego's writing checks your body can't cash
dandridge 10
Veteran
And1: 537

Post#291 » by dandridge 10 » Sun Jan 13, 2008 5:18 am

Awesome win tonight. It probably has been 20 + years since I have said this, but we just won two games in a row based pretty much on our defense alone. Stevenson should get a lot of credit for keeping Ray in check and Caron was awesome on Pierce as well. BTW, Pierce has to be one of the biggest di*ks in the league. Glad Caron had the last laugh tonight.

I can't believe I am going to say this, but I think we have to start giving E.J. some major props. I still have problems with many of his rotations, but the bottom line is the players play hard for him just about every night. They are also starting to take on his personality of never getting too rattled. When Gilbert went out, I don't think any of us thought we would be playing as well as we are. Yes, a lot of that has to do with an improved bench and an improved Haywood and Caron. But, I think its time to also start giving E.J. some credit as well.

Finally, there sure were a lot of Celtics fans at the game last night. Wonder where all of them have been the last few years?
RickRoll_inDC
Sixth Man

Post#292 » by RickRoll_inDC » Sun Jan 13, 2008 5:24 am

bgwizarfan wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

and to be fair, arenas has been out since November... there's no ever being fair in that way. Teams cant ever use the excuse that they're injured against us. Huge win!

i love that fact. and probably the best part is that we CAN use that excuse if we lose against a healthy team. also, i'm never disappointed with a loss because we're usually favored to lose!
19-13 on game threads
80sballboy
RealGM
And1: 5,660

Post#293 » by 80sballboy » Sun Jan 13, 2008 5:39 am

I hate talking about Gilbert after such a great win, but I wonder how he'd fit into the new defensive philosophy. AD has been pretty good and even Rogert Mason has been adequate defensively as a backup PG. Are we better without him? Of course not offensively, but it's interesting that our defense has turned around so much and I know it's not just Randy Ayers, though that seems like one of the best hires ever.

This has to go down as one of the best wins in the EJ era. I know Rondo was out, but come on. We just played our best 3 players nearly a combined 150 minutes in an overtime game on the road and it seemed like it hurt Jamison the most (on his jumper).

I think the best is yet to come if we can get more off the bench and start resting our starters more. My only issue is that these 40+ minute games, especially by 30something AD and AJ, will come back to haunt us later in the season. If we only had a veteran like Posey off the bech, it would take pressure off of Butler and Jamison.
newslowsad
Veteran

Post#294 » by newslowsad » Sun Jan 13, 2008 5:48 am

80sballboy wrote:This has to go down as one of the best wins in the EJ era.

Arguably the team's biggest win since the playoff series against the Bulls.
newslowsad
Veteran

Post#295 » by newslowsad » Sun Jan 13, 2008 6:01 am

Holy $hit, we are only two back of Orlando.
LyricalRico
Forum Mod - Wizards
Forum Mod - Wizards
And1: 784

Post#296 » by LyricalRico » Sun Jan 13, 2008 6:08 am

newslowsad wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

Arguably the team's biggest win since the playoff series against the Bulls.

You'd have to throw the games at Phoenix and at the Lakers last year into the conversation but I agree that this win is definitely up there.
newslowsad
Veteran

Post#297 » by newslowsad » Sun Jan 13, 2008 6:11 am

Yeah, I'd definitely throw those games in too. Man, those were such a blast to watch.
P2
Banned User

Post#298 » by P2 » Sun Jan 13, 2008 11:17 am

You guys played some great defense, but be ready for Monday, as Rondo is probably back in our starting lineup.
Wiz99
Analyst
And1: 161

Post#299 » by Wiz99 » Sun Jan 13, 2008 12:25 pm

wermolwermol777 wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

In addition to that. This year we have had a pretty favorable schedule so far.

http://teamrankings.com/nba/27powerratings.php3

Accurate as of 12th of January we are dead last in this list, which means that we've had the easiest schedule in the whole league.

Now I am not trying to take anything away from the team. We played bad the first five games and tonights win was a very very good one, but well... blah...all this better without gilbert thing is starting to get old.

Things flip dramatically. We have the 2nd hardest schedule for the remainder of the season.
Wiz99
Analyst
And1: 161

Post#300 » by Wiz99 » Sun Jan 13, 2008 12:27 pm

P2 wrote:You guys played some great defense, but be ready for Monday, as Rondo is probably back in our starting lineup.

I love unintentional comedy.

:rofl:

Return to Washington Wizards