ImageImageImage

kg's spaz attack following the minnesota game

Moderators: bisme37, canman1971, Darthlukey, Shak_Celts, Froob, Parliament10, shackles10, snowman

WaydownSouth
Junior
And1: 1

Post#41 » by WaydownSouth » Sun Jan 27, 2008 9:37 am

SuperDeluxe wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

I know this has nothing to do with the thread, and I also know Garnett hasn't been a Celtic long enough to even start the retired number talk, but... has any player's number ever been retired by more than one team? (I assume that Minny will retire Garnett's number.)

Kareem has his number retired from the Bucks and the Lakers.

Charles Barkley has 34 retired by the 76ers and is a member of the Suns "Ring of Honour" (I think this is the same as having your number retired, but I'm probably wrong).

Moses Malone has #24 with the Houston Rockets, and #2 with the 76ers retired.

The Big O has Bucks #1 and Kansas City Kings #14 retired. The current Kings still class #14 as retired.

I'm sure there are more, but that's all I can think off at the moment..
D1SGRUNTL3D
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,080

Post#42 » by D1SGRUNTL3D » Sun Jan 27, 2008 9:45 am

Ef him. I hope Big Al dominates him on the 8th and does the same exact thing back to that "mf-ing punk"
tanat-0s
Banned User
And1: 0

Post#43 » by tanat-0s » Sun Jan 27, 2008 10:56 am

return2glory wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

As a Celtic fan, I felt the same way. He was disrespectful to his old team and way too emotional. Act like you've seen there. It was a regular season game. It wasn't game 7 of a championship game.

KG approaches EVERY game like it's 7th game of NBA Finals.
That's why he was, is and always will be my favorite player.
Kefa461
RealGM
And1: 430

Post#44 » by Kefa461 » Sun Jan 27, 2008 12:37 pm

return2glory wrote:I love KG's intensity. I love players that play with emotion. I just feel he went a little over board. We beat a team with the worst record in the league, big deal.

last year we could not beat the our 2nd team....thats the deal. :crazy: :crazy: yes you are. 8) Nothing makes you happy 8)
WE ARE CELTIC NATION
17 TITLES, ON TO #18.
cisco
Veteran
And1: 48

Post#45 » by cisco » Sun Jan 27, 2008 12:50 pm

return2glory wrote:I love KG's intensity. I love players that play with emotion. I just feel he went a little over board. We beat a team with the worst record in the league, big deal.

I'm not bothered by what KG did at all, but I do think it was a bit over the top and uncalled for.
GreenGrizz
Analyst

Post#46 » by GreenGrizz » Sun Jan 27, 2008 1:13 pm

Leave him alone. Most players would do same to their former teams.
GreenGrizz
Analyst

Post#47 » by GreenGrizz » Sun Jan 27, 2008 1:15 pm

Remember Mark' Blount's skipping dance. Did Minnesota stop him from doing it?
SuperDeluxe
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 20,971

Post#48 » by SuperDeluxe » Sun Jan 27, 2008 3:23 pm

GreenGrizz wrote:Remember Mark' Blount's skipping dance. Did Minnesota stop him from doing it?

That's the thing. Mark Blount is a world-class turd.
Parasite
Starter
And1: 2,237

Post#49 » by Parasite » Sun Jan 27, 2008 4:01 pm

This thread just reinforces my belief that this world is becoming increasingly populated with pussies who take offense at the slightest perceived "disrespect".

You go KG.
Relative Autonomy
Senior

Post#50 » by Relative Autonomy » Sun Jan 27, 2008 7:13 pm

SuperDeluxe wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

That's the thing. Mark Blount is a world-class turd.

exactly, i think KG's "intensity" can be kind of alienating. he seems like an **** sometimes.
dakobestopper
Sophomore
And1: 6

Post#51 » by dakobestopper » Sun Jan 27, 2008 7:33 pm

WaydownSouth wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

Kareem has his number retired from the Bucks and the Lakers.

Charles Barkley has 34 retired by the 76ers and is a member of the Suns "Ring of Honour" (I think this is the same as having your number retired, but I'm probably wrong).

Moses Malone has #24 with the Houston Rockets, and #2 with the 76ers retired.

The Big O has Bucks #1 and Kansas City Kings #14 retired. The current Kings still class #14 as retired.

I'm sure there are more, but that's all I can think off at the moment..

Michael Jordan's jersey... by Bulls and Heat
HighAboveCourtside
Sophomore

Post#52 » by HighAboveCourtside » Sun Jan 27, 2008 7:53 pm

"I'm not bothered by what KG did at all, but I do think it was a bit over the top and uncalled for."

Sounds like you are.
return2glory
RealGM
And1: 9,698

Post#53 » by return2glory » Sun Jan 27, 2008 8:56 pm

Kefa461 wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

last year we could not beat the our 2nd team....thats the deal. :crazy: :crazy: yes you are. 8) Nothing makes you happy 8)

"last year we could not beat the our 2nd team"??????

What the **** are you saying, you dumb ****.
CHryptic
Junior

Post#54 » by CHryptic » Sun Jan 27, 2008 9:28 pm

dakobestopper wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

Michael Jordan's jersey... by Bulls and Heat

The Heat? What?
bruno sundov
Assistant Coach
And1: 13

Post#55 » by bruno sundov » Mon Jan 28, 2008 7:03 pm

Parasite wrote:This thread just reinforces my belief that this world is becoming increasingly populated with pussies who take offense at the slightest perceived "disrespect".

You go KG.

YES!!! I couldn't agree with your statement more. I say this often on the board.
rayofsunshine
Sixth Man
And1: 460

Post#56 » by rayofsunshine » Mon Jan 28, 2008 11:15 pm

No one has video of this anywhere?
MagicMadness
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 3,332

Post#57 » by MagicMadness » Mon Jan 28, 2008 11:29 pm

CHryptic wrote:The Heat? What?

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/basket ... jordan_ap/

April 11, 2003
MIAMI (AP) -- The Miami Heat retired Michael Jordan's No. 23 jersey before his final game at the team's arena on Friday night.

The jersey -- half red for the Chicago Bulls and half blue for the Washington Wizards -- was hung from the rafters, and Miami coach Pat Riley said no Heat player will wear the number again.

"In honor of your greatness and for all you've done for the game of basketball -- and not just the NBA, but for all the fans around the world -- we want to honor you tonight and hang your jersey, No. 23, from the rafters," Riley said at midcourt. "No one will ever wear No. 23 for the Miami Heat. You're the best." Jordan then hugged Riley and waved to the crowd.

It was the first jersey the Heat have retired in their 15-year history.

Jordan averaged 30.2 points on 51.5 percent shooting in 37 regular-season games against the Heat during his career. He was even better in the playoffs, averaging 34.2 points in 11 games. Before the ceremony, the Heat also played a highlight video of Jordan on the big screen. It was complete with high-flying, tongue-hanging dunks, ankle-breaking moves, shoulder shrugs, fist pumps and his trademark smile.
CHryptic
Junior

Post#58 » by CHryptic » Tue Jan 29, 2008 1:40 am

Well that's interesting to say the least.
horaceworthy
Head Coach
And1: 250

Post#59 » by horaceworthy » Tue Jan 29, 2008 7:12 am

I'm late to this party, my apologies.

Joselo16 wrote:I loved KG's emotion and its not the first home game he has done it in at. What I also like was when Perk made the last basket on the tip in he kinda got into Sebastion's face, and even Tony got into it with "Fat"woin Walker after his breakaway basket. The Wolves must have been talking smack or something during the game, also did it seem like the rookie from Florida was showing off in front of Pierce after scoring a basket as if he was schooling him or something.

Both teams were talking smack. A couple samples of the trash talk that went back and forth between KG and Al (1st bit exchange is from kingly, 2nd is from Rick Alonzo of the St. Paul Pioneer Press):

KG: "yall mf ers are punks, all yall punks, f-ing punks"

Big Al: "guard me one on one, guard me one on one, why do you need help? you soft a** b***"

and

KG: "11 times! 11 times!"-referring to the number of All-Star appearances he's made.

Big Al: "0 championships"-reminding KG that they do have something in common

I do find it laughable that you seem to imply the Timberwoves started it. Attempted intimidation through excessive cussing, bugging of the eyes, and chippy play has always been a staple of KG's game, no matter if the opponent was Tim Duncan or Jake Voskuhl. Even moreso than that sweet unblockable turnaround fadeaway. The over the top feeling to it has always bugged me a little, but it's flippin' KG, so it's easy to look past.

The parading around didn't really bother me all that much, I'm used to seeing it and I expected it from him. The cursing at the Wolves players after kind of rubbed me the wrong way, but again, not surprising and somewhat understandable, since this obviously (no matter what he's said or says) wasn't just another game for him. It really shouldn't have been, though, after spending a dozen years with Minnesota. Also, if I were on a contender and nearly lost to the team with the worst record in the league, I'd certainly be peeved.

Apologies to those who think that it was KG trying to show that world that he's a Celtic now, or trying to glorify the team, but it was just KG being KG. If you haven't gotten used to it by now, you should try to.
"A while back,'' Cardinal said, "I took a picture of the standings and texted it to Love, just to bust his chops,'' Cardinal said. "He sent me a picture back of a snowdrift.''
SeizeCoup
Lead Assistant
And1: 665

Post#60 » by SeizeCoup » Tue Jan 29, 2008 6:17 pm

I had a cool view of of the spaz attack. My aunt just started working for Delaware North Companies which I guess owns the the TD Banknorth Garden. Anyways, she gave me an access pass for levels 5 and 6 (the levels where the premium seating is at) so we watched the 2nd half in the endzone where they've got open seating, tv's (good for replays since they are on delay), servers bringing drinks, comfy cushioned chairs on wheels. Needless to say, it was a good game to be where we were at, looking right down the length of the court into KG's face as he defended that last play of the game. And then his freak out.

In regards to what happened after the last whistle, let me emphatically point out that I love these temporary losses of sanity.

When I'm playing ball, I think it's awesome when guys play so hard that they lose their ish. This past season one of my teammates (our center) was playing his ASS off, really battling, doing all the dirty work all game long. Plus we were short a sub. At one point he is going up for a rebound (off a missed ft) and he's so out of it, that he shoots the ball back at [our own] hoop. Effing awesome.

Leave everything on the court, including your sanity. Unfettered emotional release is one of the purest forms of sports participation.

Gotta admit though, it must have hurt the Wolves fans watching. As much as it pumped most of us C's fans up, it probably deflated all those watching in Minny... Maybe in five years, after a couple of championships, KG's contract expiring, he heads back to them in exchange for Jefferson again?

Return to Boston Celtics