And1: 0

Game 45: Atlanta VS LA Lakers 

Post#1 » by gsuteke » Wed Feb 6, 2008 12:50 am

VS

@

AKA

The Good Guys

The Bad Guys

The Atlanta Hawks (20-24) play host to the Lakers tonight. Los Angeles (30-16) just completed the blockbuster of the year acquiring Pau Gasol. Currently the Lakers hold down the 5th spot in the West, while Atlanta is currently seeded 7th in the East. Both clubs have won two straight.

Click this YouTube Link and minimize before continuing for today's audio

All the big Hawks fans will be out tonight to see Kobe and the LakeShow

Nash puts his hand on Kobe's Holiest of Holies

I have GOT to see that AGAIN!

That was NASTY!

Luckily Kobe is easily distracted

Which brings us to Today's Poll Question:

Who got the most bang for her buck?

The Hawks' Briana?

Yeah those are real, I promise!

Or the Lakers' Whitney?

It's Super Tuesday, You Decide!

As far as Kobe goes though, apparently he doesn't discriminate

So the Lakers are bringing the Spaniard with the Bed Head?

That doesn't concern me. Afterall.......

We've got a plan for Spaniards!

And Laker fans consider yourselves warned. You may get off to an early lead but off the bench

Enter the SandMan!

That's right, the Black Screech!

44 Points on 19-22 shooting the last two games

The SandMan will sing those babies to sleep!

Enjoy the game and as always

Viva la Hawks!

Jjforprez
Junior

Post#2 » by Jjforprez » Wed Feb 6, 2008 1:51 am

I like it.... great game thread.

So I'm sitting here watching the Lakers play NJ tonight, and Mark Jackson keeps talking about how Kobe just toys with the other team until he decides it's time for him to take over the game... like a man playing amongst boys he says. Makes me sick....

So I really want us to beat these guys tomorrow, but I'm thinking, how do the Hawks do it??? What should be the gameplan?

First off I think you double Lamar Odom. Teams let him get anywhere he wants on the floor... it's too easy. I say if you put a little pressure on him, he'll make some mistakes.

And of course you double Kobe... all night. JJ's been a warrior for playing through his injury the way he has the past few games, but he won't get it done against Kobe... double, get the ball out of his hands immediately.

Overall, the gameplan should be to make the other guys beat you. Make them a jumpshooting team with Radmonovic, Farmar and Derek Fisher. These are the guys we want taking the shots. Of course this is all easier said than done, so let's just hope for a long hard game against NJ tonight, and they'll come in here tomorrow with nothing left. :D
conleyorbust
Lead Assistant

Post#3 » by conleyorbust » Wed Feb 6, 2008 2:02 am

Yeah, the Lakers are pretty stacked even without big Drew. It'll be tough, the way this team scores is by running so we have to make sure the guys don't get into "Kobe-mode" just because he's in town, meaning I don't want to see Joe, Josh, and Marv trying to be heroes by trying to go one on one all night with 50 pump fakes and jab steps per possession. On defense, we gotta hope Joe is healthy enough to at least give Kobe some resistance. I'd like to see Horford be able to stick with Pau and let Josh come in and give help on Kobe. The Lakers have lot of shooters though so you have to be really smart with the doubles.

This is gonna be a tough game but the Hawks have shown that they can both lose to the worst teams and play ball with the best so who knows.
evildallas
General Manager

Post#4 » by evildallas » Wed Feb 6, 2008 2:05 am

The Black Screech!!!! I love it. That is the funniest thing I've heard in a long while.

Good thread!
Going to donkey punch a leprechaun!
gsuteke
Senior

Post#5 » by gsuteke » Wed Feb 6, 2008 2:53 am

evildallas wrote:The Black Screech!!!! I love it. That is the funniest thing I've heard in a long while.

Good thread!

I always strive to be the best.

And to everyone that compliments the thread I do read them even though I don't respond to each and every one of them.

Thank you.
td00
Sixth Man
And1: 70

Oh, I gotta comment 

Post#6 » by td00 » Wed Feb 6, 2008 3:14 am

You gotta go with Briana, the southern girl, but that Whitney is smokin'.
Black Screech is spot on! That ones gonna stick with Chills, probably enough to cut his 'fro down.
The game: Kobe has gotten his wish, and once they get Gasol involved (he only got 24 against the Nets!), they are going to be tough!
One game doesn't make this team, but the Hawks will have a lot to prove to compete with this team. If they have the same effort they showed against the Sixers, the home boys won't want to look at the scoreboard. And I know they were watching tonight!
I could see the Lakers EASILY getting one of the top 2 slots in the West, they looked that good tonight. As good as either Briana or Whitney.
CAM
Rookie

Post#7 » by CAM » Wed Feb 6, 2008 3:25 am

I really do finds the threads amusing gsuteke, well done. Good for getting pumped for the game.
evildallas
General Manager

Post#8 » by evildallas » Wed Feb 6, 2008 3:55 am

Edit:

It has been grabbed.
HMFFL
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 8,106

Post#9 » by HMFFL » Wed Feb 6, 2008 6:46 am

Feb 6th:

Philly beat Washington

Lakers looking outstanding with Pau Gasol and a happy Kobe had 6 points.

Divisional Games For Tonight:

NJ @ Orlando

Miami @ Detroit

SA @ Washington

Big game for Atlanta considering we're gaining some ground on Washington with the recent 4 game slump. I'd like to see the Spurs take them tonight, so Atlanta needs to be on their game, and pull out a win against Los Angeles. I'm worried about the crowd because it's normally full of Laker fans!
evildallas
General Manager

Post#10 » by evildallas » Wed Feb 6, 2008 7:16 am

The Caesar's line is Lakers by 4 with o/u of 204. Big opportunity to catch LA on the 2nd night of road back-to-backs and while they are still integrating after the trade. They're much deeper this year so the back-to-back isn't as clear cut as the past. Still we really need to push tempo and run. They've too many weapons in the half court triangle set for us to match up with.

BTW, Turiaf is another example of a 2nd round PF giving a big time contribution to a team while our #5 draft pick backup PF can't get on the court.
atlsun
Senior

Post#11 » by atlsun » Wed Feb 6, 2008 8:41 am

Greatness= tekes game threads
AU hawksfan
Rookie

Post#12 » by AU hawksfan » Wed Feb 6, 2008 12:21 pm

I agree, Black Screech is officially Chill's new nickname. Great thread!

We can compete with anyone at home, so I think it will be a close game either way.
conleyorbust
Lead Assistant

Post#13 » by conleyorbust » Wed Feb 6, 2008 3:01 pm

evildallas wrote:
BTW, Turiaf is another example of a 2nd round PF giving a big time contribution to a team while our #5 draft pick backup PF can't get on the court.

Always gotta rub it in, huh?

On the bright side, beating Jersey right now seems like a fairly simple thing to do so I'm not gonna be quaking about that game.

We just have to be disciplined in our running, maybe Marv can draw the primary cover on Kobe... use his size and length to stay back a little and take away the drive.
DirtybirdGA
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,868

Post#14 » by DirtybirdGA » Wed Feb 6, 2008 3:03 pm

Keep on running. I may have to get on the wheels of steel.

"run run, freeky freeky run run," :rockon:

We don't have Run DMC, but do we have RUN JMJ? lol
tontoz
RealGM
And1: 3,929

Post#15 » by tontoz » Wed Feb 6, 2008 4:39 pm

Kobe dislocated his pinkie on his right hand last night. X-rays were negative and he plans on playing tonight, but it obviously might hinder his game.
Hawks
Assistant Coach

Post#16 » by Hawks » Wed Feb 6, 2008 5:05 pm

JJ isn't playing well with his injuries. It might come down to the supporting cast. Only advantage the Hawks have is they are rested and Lakers play the 2nd of a back to back. I hope the Hawks can keep it close and maybe get the win. They will have to be on their A game tonight.
evildallas
General Manager

Post#17 » by evildallas » Wed Feb 6, 2008 6:05 pm

conleyorbust wrote:-= original quote snipped =-
Always gotta rub it in, huh?

I'm hoping that someday BK or someone higher will grasp what lottery picks are used for and what 2nd round picks can be used for if you put in the effort and don't fall in love with the smell of your own BS. I know it's a silly pipe dream.
LL Cool Scott
Starter

Post#18 » by LL Cool Scott » Wed Feb 6, 2008 6:55 pm

evildallas wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

I'm hoping that someday BK or someone higher will grasp what lottery picks are used for and what 2nd round picks can be used for if you put in the effort and don't fall in love with the smell of your own BS. I know it's a silly pipe dream.

Don't worry, he'll by gone this offseason. He's done an arguably worse job than George W. Bush.

On a positive note, GO TARHEELS!!!
conleyorbust
Lead Assistant

Post#19 » by conleyorbust » Wed Feb 6, 2008 7:04 pm

The Kobe injury helps us quite a bit, I know he is still dangerous but his J is gonna be shaky so we should play him straight up and sag off of him. Send the doubles at the other guys, maybe it'll piss him off the point where he starts jacking up shots just to prove a point.

LL Cool Scott wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

Don't worry, he'll by gone this offseason. He's done an arguably worse job than George W. Bush.

On a positive note, GO TARHEELS!!!

As bad of a GM as BK has been, I think he'd be a better president than GW.
JoshB914
Head Coach
And1: 2

Post#20 » by JoshB914 » Wed Feb 6, 2008 7:14 pm

Horford did a nice job on Gasol last time we saw him. Hopefully he does the job again.

Return to Atlanta Hawks