ImageImageImage

GAME 6 : Celtics @ Hawks - Friday, May 2nd

Moderators: bisme37, canman1971, Darthlukey, Shak_Celts, Froob, Parliament10, shackles10, snowman

bingoboyraps
Junior
And1: 5

Post#441 » by bingoboyraps » Sat May 3, 2008 3:17 am

...there were some real questionable calls...

...however, all series long the Hawks have gone to the line more...

...you can't blame the refs for the Celts not being able to make a shot in the 4th, honestly...

...don't sweat it, they will win game 7 at home by 25...
bstein14
RealGM
And1: 8,050

Post#442 » by bstein14 » Sat May 3, 2008 3:17 am

The Pierce technical really energized the crowd and team.

He lost his composure and it could have been the difference in the game.

The foul had already been called, why throw your head band like that in such an important game?

Even if the Celtics win game 7 (which I would bet on) I have my doubts as to whether or not they'll keep their composure against a much most experienced, playoff tested Cavs team.
slaman
Junior
And1: 0

Post#443 » by slaman » Sat May 3, 2008 3:18 am

Pierce fouls out...without gang signs
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nMQx3pav9-c
Paul Pierce can't believe he picks up his sixth foul in the middle of the fourth quarter with the Celtics trailing the Hawks.
TA42
Sixth Man
And1: 772

Post#444 » by TA42 » Sat May 3, 2008 3:18 am

BobbySura wrote:i'd like to know what cassell is bringing to this team. don't say veteran leadership because the team looks messy with him out there.

Agreed.

Same really hasn't found his role with the team. He seems to always look for his shot.

He should be concentrating on setting others up and then hitting open jumpers or creating his own shot when absolutely necessary.
l2RDO
Junior

Post#445 » by l2RDO » Sat May 3, 2008 3:19 am

I dont know how anyone can blame Rondo for the end of the game shot. Our guys didnt get open so Rondo couldnt get them the ball. ATL is more athletic and theyre using it to abuse the Cs on defense.
TheCelticTruth
Analyst
Location: You Can't Handle the Truth, the real city of champions, again.

Post#446 » by TheCelticTruth » Sat May 3, 2008 3:20 am

hype_2004 wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

I have watched the entire series, I see what I see right in front of my eyes, no one can change my perception of Rajon Rondos inability to lead and play the PG position.

you cant pin an entire team's collape on one player, especially when, i wont blame them entirely that wouldnt be fair, the refs who usually favor a home team slightly more than slightly favored the hawks tonight

also, if your description of rondo was anywhere close to accurate he wouldnt have had as many votes in the most improved player category as he did and we wouldnt have been a great team in the regular season

oh, and if youre looking at stats i guess i didnt realize that rondo's 40 assists to 4 turnovers was worse than bibby's 13 to 12

rondo is tied with chris paul to lead the postseason in ass/to at 10, bibby is # 45

edit: those stats werent including tonights game, but rondo's terrible game was still better than any game bibby had until tonight, and bibby still almost lost it by not hitting both FTs

Sig by twolves4ever
Boston-Syracuse-North Carolina, Screw Duke and BC
"ubuntu"
cinnamon
Starter
And1: 1

Post#447 » by cinnamon » Sat May 3, 2008 3:21 am

BobbySura wrote:i'd like to know what cassell is bringing to this team. don't say veteran leadership because the team looks messy with him out there.

Yes.
He's too self indulgent out there for my tastes.
It doesn't fit in at all with what makes the team work well.
I hope they find someone else for next year.
Joebiscuit
Banned User

Post#448 » by Joebiscuit » Sat May 3, 2008 3:21 am

l2RDO wrote:I dont know how anyone can blame Rondo for the end of the game shot. Our guys didnt get open so Rondo couldnt get them the ball. ATL is more athletic and theyre using it to abuse the Cs on defense.

It is not that shot they wanted by you are correct. No one was open so Rondo was forced to jack a 28 3 pointer.
TA42
Sixth Man

Post#449 » by TA42 » Sat May 3, 2008 3:21 am

GWVan wrote:horrible game by Rondo

2 questionable calls on pierce made a BIG difference in this game, and his technical added a point which changed the endgame. I'm not sure what he did beyond throwing the headband

Ray went away from what Doc drew up on that last 3, gotta wonder if Doc really has control of his team

KG lost his composure in the middle of the 4th

Yeah...it shocked me that KG really seemed like the pressure got to him. He had some very uncharacteristic turnovers and he just seemed to disappear in this game. Didn't have his usual energy.
Retrovision
Pro Prospect

Post#450 » by Retrovision » Sat May 3, 2008 3:21 am

Retrovision wrote:Its going to be a good one, Hawks use the home crowd's energy to muster a 6 point win.

Close Enough
Celtics_Champs
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 7,971

Post#451 » by Celtics_Champs » Sat May 3, 2008 3:21 am

Did we have any timeouts there at the end? No?

Rondo, I was screaming at him to pass it, at least drive then dish it out. HE WAS JUST **** STANDING THERE. It looked like Marvin Williams, game him some room too, step up and take the three if your going to take it. Don't take a long **** three!!!!

Pierce is a veteran. Who now has veterans around him, he can't get a technical there. Even though that was the worst call, he has got to smarten up.

Everyone has had a ****, **** series.

I don't even want to see the introductions for game 7. Kg screaming ahhhhh! Intensity ****. **** that. Just play basketball!
Kefa461
RealGM
And1: 430

Post#452 » by Kefa461 » Sat May 3, 2008 3:23 am

Stern is laughing his ass off...another city locked up money wise.......the C's just get the job done on Sunday and hope Violet is not there.... 8)
WE ARE CELTIC NATION
17 TITLES, ON TO #18.
The Rondo Show
Analyst
And1: 327

Post#453 » by The Rondo Show » Sat May 3, 2008 3:24 am

bstein14 wrote:The foul had already been called, why throw your head band like that in such an important game?
I doubt he thought he'd get a technical for throwing his headband towards the bench; it's not like he threw it in the direction of the official. No idea why a ref felt the need to make that ridiculous call in that situation and then give Pierce a technical for frustration towards a call like that. Again, it's not like he threw it in the direction of the ref. I was stunned he got T'd up for that, especially at such a crucial part of the game.
hype_2004
RealGM
And1: 4,664

Post#454 » by hype_2004 » Sat May 3, 2008 3:25 am

cinnamon wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

If you think Rondo has been losing these games for the team in Atlanta, then you have been watching through a highly biased filter.
An awful lot of factors have gone into it, including the officiating. No one player takes the responsibility --- certainly not Rondo.

He's the starting PG, it's his job to direct plays, instruct players, relays signals and improvise on broken plays, hes failed on all of them.
MaxwellSmart
Head Coach
And1: 2,111

Post#455 » by MaxwellSmart » Sat May 3, 2008 3:25 am

The thing is.....This whole series,there's been a TON of Non Calls on Atlanta....they grab and push...and push off(like Joe Johnson tonight)...but the refs look the other way---but PP gets fouled out on a garbage call like that.
Kefa461
RealGM
And1: 430

Post#456 » by Kefa461 » Sat May 3, 2008 3:26 am

Joe Johnson pushes off on almost every drive and there is no call.....in Atl. that is....it's called in Boston. 8)
WE ARE CELTIC NATION
17 TITLES, ON TO #18.
TA42
Sixth Man

Post#457 » by TA42 » Sat May 3, 2008 3:27 am

While I know Doc's game management skills have always been questionable the one thing that frustrates me the most is his use of timeouts.

He'll let a team go on a 10 nothing run with the crowd going crazy before he calls one. Other coaches sense right away after a big play or two that they need to call one to settle the troops down.

He doesn't seem to do this.

Does he think timeouts are worth extra points at the end of the game? Ugh.
TheCelticTruth
Analyst
Location: You Can't Handle the Truth, the real city of champions, again.

Post#458 » by TheCelticTruth » Sat May 3, 2008 3:28 am

He's the starting PG, it's his job to direct plays, instruct players, relays signals and improvise on broken plays, hes failed on all of them.

do i really have to repost?

you cant pin an entire team's collape on one player, especially when, i wont blame them entirely that wouldnt be fair, the refs who usually favor a home team slightly more than slightly favored the hawks tonight

also, if your description of rondo was anywhere close to accurate he wouldnt have had as many votes in the most improved player category as he did and we wouldnt have been a great team in the regular season

oh, and if youre looking at stats i guess i didnt realize that rondo's 40 assists to 4 turnovers was worse than bibby's 13 to 12

rondo is tied with chris paul to lead the postseason in ass/to at 10, bibby is # 45

edit: those stats werent including tonights game, but rondo's terrible game was still better than any game bibby had until tonight, and bibby still almost lost it by not hitting both FTs

Sig by twolves4ever

Boston-Syracuse-North Carolina, Screw Duke and BC

"ubuntu"
Celtics_Champs
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 7,971

Post#459 » by Celtics_Champs » Sat May 3, 2008 3:29 am

Ok. Calmed down. No more cursing..well maybe a little.

I think the celtics will win game 7. But I will be worried. Anything can happen. And I'll tell ya, after seeing the pats lose to the giants, this might just drive me nuts. Over the edge. I cannot take another upset, where you can't even turn on espn without them talking about, is this the biggest upset in history???? Argh! It just angers me so much.
cinnamon
Starter

Post#460 » by cinnamon » Sat May 3, 2008 3:29 am

I think he's an excellent young starting point guard, and has improved greatly through the season, and will continue to improve. A lot of teams would love to have him as their starting PG.
I wonder where your hostility towards him comes from.

Return to Boston Celtics