ImageImage

OT: Xbox 360/PS3/Wii

Moderators: paulpressey25, MickeyDavis

LISTEN2JAZZ
RealGM
And1: 172

Post#61 » by LISTEN2JAZZ » Fri May 2, 2008 2:46 pm

jerrod wrote:shooting while driving is hard but although i've never tried it in real life, i'd imagine it does take some skill
:cry:

Everything I've ever imagined about the jerrod lifestyle, right down the drain.
jerrod
RealGM
And1: 133
Location: The Berkeley of the midwest/ born with the intent/ to distress any government/ right of the left

Post#62 » by jerrod » Fri May 2, 2008 2:55 pm

adamcz wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

:cry:

Everything I've ever imagined about the jerrod lifestyle, right down the drain.

:D

it's just an act to sell more records
jerrod
RealGM
Location: The Berkeley of the midwest/ born with the intent/ to distress any government/ right of the left

Post#63 » by jerrod » Fri May 2, 2008 3:00 pm

Kohl Is A Mome wrote:I love the game and havent even gotten to the multiplayer online yet. Ive mainly just been doing random violence across the city. (Sorry MBBOT :crazy: :nonono: :oops: :cry: :x :noway: )

we should play this weekend, i'm horrible at everything but the actual driving though. i made it to the next island last night.

i have something i have to get finished tonight (sorry bluejeep) but then i'm gonna play a lot
msiris
RealGM
And1: 1,745

Post#64 » by msiris » Fri May 2, 2008 3:10 pm

adamcz wrote:The gamespot video review said that GTA's graphics weren't great. But it still got a 10.0? I guess that means they did away with averaging the different categories to come up with an overall rating?

That's fine by me though. I thought it was stupid to average "sound and music" in, since rarely does that impact the quality of a game very much, except in a few instances where the soundtrack is excellent. (I thought the music really made the atmosphere for Diablo 1, and some of the Final Fantasies).
I think they paid everyone off to give them a 10. :D
Ride the tank
Chapter29
RealGM
And1: 1,224

Post#65 » by Chapter29 » Fri May 2, 2008 3:35 pm

GTA is really a sweet game.

I have another 30 day free trial of Live too, so I will have to try some online action this weekend.
Giannis
is
UponUs
SupremeHustle
RealGM
And1: 28,666

Post#66 » by SupremeHustle » Fri May 2, 2008 7:43 pm

jerrod wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

we should play this weekend, i'm horrible at everything but the actual driving though. i made it to the next island last night.

i have something i have to get finished tonight (sorry bluejeep) but then i'm gonna play a lot

Yeah. Apologize to him. I'm the one who has to endure the raw cuts. :-?
jschligs wrote:Am I the only one who doesn't know who the **** SupremeHustle is?
ReasonablySober
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 35,204

Post#67 » by ReasonablySober » Fri May 2, 2008 8:28 pm

I played it the first night I rented it, but I haven't picked it up since. Like Bioshock, it just seems like one of those games you have devote some serious time into before getting rewarded with a great experience.

I'm going to re-rent it over the phone and give it more of a shot this weekend.
jerrod
RealGM

Post#68 » by jerrod » Fri May 2, 2008 8:32 pm

DrugBust wrote:I'm going to re-rent it over the phone and give it more of a shot this weekend.

we should play multiplayer

SupremeHustle wrote:Yeah. Apologize to him. I'm the one who has to endure the raw cuts.

and to think, i was gonna consider maybe potentially adding you to the list of people i might thank at awards shows if time allows :nonono:
SheedsWeed
RealGM
And1: 0

Post#69 » by SheedsWeed » Fri May 2, 2008 8:36 pm

If anyone wants to hit me up on multiplayer, yknow the tag...Hibachi13 Although I'm not as great at it like I'm at Halo or COD4, but hit me up if you wanna play.
RideEmCowboy24
Analyst
And1: 29

Post#70 » by RideEmCowboy24 » Fri May 2, 2008 8:51 pm

i'll play this weekend....if i'm not too f'd up from mifflin....and if my roommate ever lets me play the damn thing....good thing i payed for it
Chapter29
RealGM
And1: 1,224

Post#71 » by Chapter29 » Fri May 2, 2008 9:59 pm

Well my son lives on it. I may have to kill him.
Giannis
is
UponUs
NeedsMoreCheese
RealGM
And1: 8,369

Post#72 » by NeedsMoreCheese » Fri May 2, 2008 10:21 pm

Chapter29 wrote:Well my son lives on it. I may have to kill him.

Nah no need to kill, just use the patented Bobby Simmons hooker punch. That should make him fall right in line.
NeedsMoreCheese
RealGM
And1: 8,369

Post#73 » by NeedsMoreCheese » Fri May 2, 2008 10:25 pm

jerrod wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

That sounds good. I think im finally gonna use that 48 hour trial card thing then. After that I suppose im gonna have to pay for xbox live gold. Just never got around to it since I didnt play as much and it would have been a waste.
MikeIsGood
RealGM
And1: 9,761

Post#74 » by MikeIsGood » Sat May 3, 2008 3:25 am

I never exactly thought to look in this thread since I, you know, don't have an Xbox. But that's okay...

So how far is everyone in GTA? Or are you too busy playing online? I haven't tried out the multiplayer yet.
ReasonablySober
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#75 » by ReasonablySober » Sat May 3, 2008 5:19 am

So I really haven't liked a Nintendo product since the SNES, but the Wii seems to be pretty fun in its own weird way. Anyone here own one?

I'm just not sure I'd play anything besides Mario Kart and maybe that Mario game that everyone loved.
Ryan5UW
General Manager
And1: 1,033

Post#76 » by Ryan5UW » Sat May 3, 2008 5:30 am

DrugBust wrote:So I really haven't liked a Nintendo product since the SNES, but the Wii seems to be pretty fun in its own weird way. Anyone here own one?

I'm just not sure I'd play anything besides Mario Kart and maybe that Mario game that everyone loved.

Yeah, Wii is pretty bad ass, I bought one about a month or so ago. Mario Kart is fun, I picked that up on Sunday when it came out. The cool thing about Wii, for me, is I'm playing different types of games than I have in a long time. Guitar Hero is a must, there's just no arguing with that. Obviously, you wouldn't get it for amazing graphics, because they aren't, but they're still pretty good. You'll end up, most likely, playing more "fun" games - Mario Kart, Super Mario Galaxy, Wii Sports, Guitar Hero, etc. are all good. It's also really cool that you can download all kinds of old school Nintendo, Sega and arcade games. That's a really neat feature. There are other quirky things about it that are cool too. You can't go wrong picking one up.
ReasonablySober
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#77 » by ReasonablySober » Sat May 3, 2008 5:40 am

How much are the old school SNES and NES games? To be honest that would probably be the biggest draw for me.

I really miss the old-school side scrolling platformers. Two weeks ago my brother and I spent maybe eight hours going through old Castlevania games. There's a simplicity yet severe challenge that 3-D just can't match. If a good side-scrolling Castlevania or Ninja Gaiden or Mega Man came out today on one of the Next Gen's I'd be the first in line.
Ryan5UW
General Manager
And1: 1,033

Post#78 » by Ryan5UW » Sat May 3, 2008 6:16 am

Games start at 500 points (generally $5, unless you get points cheaper, like at Sams for example, but you can even just use your credit card right through the Wii) and range up to around 1,000.

http://www.nintendo.com/wii/virtualconsole

That talks about it, and there is a link to the games that are available.

Looking quickly, I see Castlevania and Castlevania II and Ninja Gaiden II and III available (all are 500 points).
ReasonablySober
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#79 » by ReasonablySober » Sat May 3, 2008 6:21 am

Awesome. I'm sure I'll pick one up in the near future.
TJ_Ford_11
Rookie
And1: 908

Post#80 » by TJ_Ford_11 » Sat May 3, 2008 7:04 am

What makes Guitar Hero more fun than playing a real guitar? I haven't played the game yet, but I always hear about how great it is. I just don't see the point of practicing on a guitar that has buttons for strings. I have already bought pretty decent sounding guitars for $50 and $100.

Return to Milwaukee Bucks