ImageImageImage

Another crap article from Jemele Hill...

Moderators: bisme37, canman1971, Darthlukey, Shak_Celts, Froob, Parliament10, shackles10, snowman

MyInsatiableOne
General Manager
And1: 180

Another crap article from Jemele Hill... 

Post#1 » by MyInsatiableOne » Thu May 15, 2008 1:31 pm

...on ESPN.com

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2/st ... d=tab4pos1

I like how she gets her digs in on the C's, since she's such a self-admitted hater stemming back to her days growing up in Detroit (ahh, Detroit!)

Also I love how she *just knows* Celtics fans would be chanting horrible things at LeBron's mom cos, you know, that's just how we are according to her. Not like the Cleveland fans who wished Paul Pierce was stabbed to death during game 3 in Cleveland, or Cleveland which shows videos on the Jumbotron before games trashing the opposing teams. Oh no, of course not. It's the big-bad Boston fans we should all be scared of.

People nationally hate Boston teams cos we are all winning right now, and even when we don't win, we are diehard and passionate...something hardly any other fanbase can say. To hell with 'em all, starting with the usual crap-producing "journalist" Jemele Hill, author of such excellent articles as:

-The LeBron "racist" magazine cover
-The Isiah-and-the-Pistons-court-walkoff-in-1991 was "awesome", not classless and poor-sportsmanship
-Her numerous articles bashing Tom Brady for a variety of things
-This piece of garbage http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2/st ... d=tab4pos1
It's still 17 to 11!!!!
Athanacropolis
Analyst
And1: 3

Post#2 » by Athanacropolis » Thu May 15, 2008 1:36 pm

The article actually wasn't that bad...until the last sentence.
Celtics_Champs
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 7,971

Post#3 » by Celtics_Champs » Thu May 15, 2008 1:40 pm

I hate this writer. I think she is AWFUL!!!

I can handle bayless on first take. But when they have Skip and Jamall on, I just can't watch.

Jamall wrote: Although, based off her footwork, I'd say she could have at least landed a combination on Rajon Rondo.

Always needs to take a crack at a celtic.

Wasn't this the same girl who said that Kobe a couple years ago, was already better then Jordan???
MyInsatiableOne
General Manager

Post#4 » by MyInsatiableOne » Thu May 15, 2008 2:02 pm

Celtics_Champs wrote:I hate this writer. I think she is AWFUL!!!

I can handle bayless on first take. But when they have Skip and Jamall on, I just can't watch.

-= original quote snipped =-

Always needs to take a crack at a celtic.

Wasn't this the same girl who said that Kobe a couple years ago, was already better then Jordan???

Yes she did.

And I also disagree that LeBron shouldn't have yelled at his mom. He was right to yell at her. She was surrounded by big dudes, and also he's a grown man, a star, and big and strong...he can take care of himself. All she did was embarrass him. I'm sure most of us guys on here can relate when our mom's got a little too into it when we were playing ball as kids or in school.
It's still 17 to 11!!!!
ermocrate
General Manager
And1: 1,603

Post#5 » by ermocrate » Thu May 15, 2008 2:24 pm

Wait a minute, with this name, she's a girl, a boy or a dog?
"Negativity in this town sucks"
ermocrate
General Manager

Post#6 » by ermocrate » Thu May 15, 2008 2:32 pm

No matter if her child is 6 years old, 16 or 36, the protective gene is something a mother can't easily shake. And even though LeBron is built like Julius Peppers, his mother couldn't help but instinctively arise in a battle stance when Paul Pierce aggressively wrapped LeBron up around the shoulders just as King James was barreling toward the basket.

Naturally, Mama James thought Pierce was a little too rough with her baby, and she hopped up, ready to go. Thankfully she was calmed down by Kevin Garnett -- although considering the way the Celtics were falling apart against the Cavs, Garnett should have let Mama James unleash a few uppercuts. They would have deserved it.

:rofl:
This girl is an idiot, go cooking some eggs 'n' bacon for your children MOM!
ermocrate
General Manager

Post#7 » by ermocrate » Thu May 15, 2008 2:50 pm

MyInsatiableOne wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

Yes she did.

And I also disagree that LeBron shouldn't have yelled at his mom. He was right to yell at her. She was surrounded by big dudes, and also he's a grown man, a star, and big and strong...he can take care of himself. All she did was embarrass him. I'm sure most of us guys on here can relate when our mom's got a little too into it when we were playing ball as kids or in school.
My mother used to be on his sit and only be worried when I got injured, but even in thoose moments he never stepped on the court if someone didn't tell to, and I was like 16... If my mother would have had ANY idea to told something to my opponents or try to interfere with my sport life, I would heve yelled at her and, then, she wouldn't be allowed to watch any of my other games.
MyInsatiableOne
General Manager

Post#8 » by MyInsatiableOne » Thu May 15, 2008 3:13 pm

I applaud LeBron for being a man and telling his mom, "look I can handle this"

Jemele is a dope, like most "writers" at ESPN. That she happens to be an unabashedly anti-Boston dope is a bonus
It's still 17 to 11!!!!
Datruth345
Assistant Coach
And1: 441

Post#9 » by Datruth345 » Thu May 15, 2008 3:13 pm

worst sports writer ever
"...That, Mr. James, is etched in stone.” - Bill Russell
Zin5
Starter
And1: 328

Post#10 » by Zin5 » Thu May 15, 2008 3:22 pm

Celtics_Champs wrote:Wasn't this the same girl who said that Kobe a couple years ago, was already better then Jordan???

IIRC, all she said was that Kobe was the better scorer than Jordan, which is still absurd. The Kobe/Jordan piece was the first time I had even heard her name and since then it's been all down hill.
#loveboston
kmgarnett21
Assistant Coach
And1: 398

Post#11 » by kmgarnett21 » Thu May 15, 2008 4:02 pm

jemele hill gives a bad name to all journalists. she's pathetic. i dont see how she holds a job. idk who likes her & what is so great about her to be on espn regularly. i HATE her. i know your tought not to hate, but i HATE jemele hill.
MyInsatiableOne
General Manager

Post#12 » by MyInsatiableOne » Thu May 15, 2008 4:08 pm

kmgarnett21 wrote:jemele hill gives a bad name to all journalists. she's pathetic. i dont see how she holds a job. idk who likes her & what is so great about her to be on espn regularly. i HATE her. i know your tought not to hate, but i HATE jemele hill.

There are a lot of crap writers on ESPN, most on Page 2. Hill, LZ Granderson, Mary Buckheit, Scoop Jackson,...hell even Simmons stinks most of the time.

"Sports journalism" for you.
It's still 17 to 11!!!!
theBigLip
Forum Mod - Pistons
Forum Mod - Pistons
And1: 2,777

Post#13 » by theBigLip » Thu May 15, 2008 4:16 pm

Of course, as a Piston fan, we have to read Simmons, and even though he is funny, it's not like he compliments the Pistons (past, present or future) very often.
Basketball Jesus
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 7

Post#14 » by Basketball Jesus » Thu May 15, 2008 4:16 pm

Hill is a disgrace to the legacy of legitimate female sports journalists. But we already knew that, right?
Manocad wrote:The universe is the age it is. We can all agree it's 13 billion years old, and nothing changes. We can all agree it's 6000 years old, and nothing changes. We can all disagree on how old it is, and nothing changes. Some people really need a hobby.
Rocky5000
Analyst
And1: 0

Post#15 » by Rocky5000 » Thu May 15, 2008 4:41 pm

Well seeing as how LeBron's mom is a known alcoholic who shows up at games drunk, stores drinks under her seat at quicken, and kicked out a police cruiser window after being arrested for a DWI, I think that LeBron took the right course in dealing with her. When somebody is a violent drunk, you have to be pretty firm with them. LeBron saying, "Sit your ass down!" shouldn't be a big deal at all.
meatball sub
RealGM
And1: 8,887

Post#16 » by meatball sub » Thu May 15, 2008 5:14 pm

Jamele Hill doesn't know ****.
MyInsatiableOne
General Manager

Post#17 » by MyInsatiableOne » Thu May 15, 2008 5:29 pm

theBigLip wrote:Of course, as a Piston fan, we have to read Simmons, and even though he is funny, it's not like he compliments the Pistons (past, present or future) very often.

I think even the most diehard Pistons fan wouldn't think Isiah's amazing display of poor-sportsmanship against Chicago, simply for losing a playoff series in 1991, was "awesome" in Hill's own words. Or his freezing out of Jordan in the 1985 All-Star game out of petty jealousy.
It's still 17 to 11!!!!
SeizeCoup
Lead Assistant
And1: 665

Post#18 » by SeizeCoup » Thu May 15, 2008 5:33 pm

three things:

At first I didn't realize it was his mom that he barked at. Once I found out it made it even cooler. His moms is crayzee!

Jamele Hill sucks. Who's pussy did she have to eat to get that job at ESPN? Garbage. When she and Skip Bayles are on together I have to change the channel. Either that or throw my tv out the window.

I walked past Jackie MacMullan at the gahden, gave her a "hey there Jackie" like we were old friends. She said hello back in that fake, 'oh I should know you but don't' sort of way. I love doing that ish. Anyways, Jamele can't hold her jock.
Taget
Analyst
And1: 2,628

Post#19 » by Taget » Thu May 15, 2008 5:42 pm

After reading through her work I have newfound respect for Stephen A Smith. Is ESPN intentionally trying to imitate the movie "Idiocracy"?
[quote:545636310b="Darth Celtic"]man, these refs need to stop giving us the benefit of the doubt and start screwing us.[/quote]

MyInsatiableOne
General Manager

Post#20 » by MyInsatiableOne » Thu May 15, 2008 6:09 pm

Taget wrote:After reading through her work I have newfound respect for Stephen A Smith. Is ESPN intentionally trying to imitate the movie "Idiocracy"?

I know, she makes him look like a genius. Same with all of those other "writers" on Page 2.
It's still 17 to 11!!!!

Return to Boston Celtics