ImageImageImage

Cleveland gave us many more problems than Detroit

Moderators: bisme37, canman1971, Darthlukey, Shak_Celts, Froob, Parliament10, shackles10, snowman

The Rondo Show
Analyst
And1: 327

Post#41 » by The Rondo Show » Wed May 21, 2008 6:02 pm

DorfonCeltics wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

No we didn't. We looked sloppy and bad. We barely pulled out the win in that game.

Last night we looked really good. I'm not trying to be over confident but I feel good about where we are right now. I'll be at the Garden tomorrow night giving it my all and making sure this team heads back to Detroit up 2-0.
Yeah, I'm not sure how anyone could possibly compare their game 1 performance vs. Cleveland to their performance last night. The offense was very good last night while it looked disastrous against the Cavs in game 1.

The Celtics were bailed out by KG in game 1 vs. Cleveland and got lucky LeBron had as bad of a game as he did (part of it was D, but as we saw as the series went on--part of it was just LeBron being way off and there are times you can't stop him) in game 1, last night they outplayed Detroit by quite a bit and looked very good.

Will they repeat it? Who knows, but they certainly appear to be in a better place than they were after game 1 against Cleveland.
TheOUTLAW
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 2,757

Post#42 » by TheOUTLAW » Wed May 21, 2008 7:17 pm

Celtic Esquire wrote:We looked good after Game 1 against CLE.

As Winston Wolf would say, it probably is not a great time to start sucking each others.....

You must not remember that first game. Nobody looked good after that one.
UncleDrew wrote: I get Buckets!
m23uza1hem36
Starter
And1: 1

Post#43 » by m23uza1hem36 » Wed May 21, 2008 7:43 pm

GonzoLays wrote:Out of our last eight games, last night was the easiest. Can anyone tell me different? Absolutely not.

Everyone needs to stop rubbing detroit's ego and realize CLEVELAND beat Detroit 4-2 last season to get the NBA finals and we beat Cleveland.

Detroit is a solid team but history shows you need a SUPERSTAR to win an NBA championship and they don't have one.

The year they won it, they had Chauncey, Rip, Ben Wallace, and Rasheed Wallace in their primes. Off the bench they had Jon Barry, a much better Mike James, Mehmet Okur and Corliss Williamson.

You can't compare today's Pistons to that 2003 team. That 2003 team played HELLAFIED defense compare to these pistons.

They're done. They are going to win some games against us, but they're done. Not nearly as tough of a matchup as the defending eastern confernce champions Cleveland.

You sound stupid-
Just stop...
:rofl:
Buckeye-NBAFan
General Manager
And1: 4,537

Post#44 » by Buckeye-NBAFan » Wed May 21, 2008 7:52 pm

Celtic Esquire wrote:We looked good after Game 1 against CLE.

As Winston Wolf would say, it probably is not a great time to start sucking each others.....

Weren't the Celtics 1 shot away from losing Game 1?

I wouldn't call that looking good.
Gant
General Manager
And1: 11,325

Post#45 » by Gant » Wed May 21, 2008 8:01 pm

Cleveland was scary. Atlanta was scary. Detroit is scary.

Fortunately the Celtics are scarier than any of them.
spf211
RealGM
And1: 42

Post#46 » by spf211 » Wed May 21, 2008 10:04 pm

MyInsatiableOne wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

So now you're a Celtics fan again? :roll:

When wasn't I? :crazy: :waaa: :sigh: :talkhand: :roll:
MyInsatiableOne
General Manager
And1: 180

Post#47 » by MyInsatiableOne » Thu May 22, 2008 1:00 pm

^^Always bashing the team and then, POOF, we win and it's happy days again. It gets old, man!

Anyway, I have no beef with you so I'll stop (for now...) 8)
It's still 17 to 11!!!!
spf211
RealGM
And1: 42

Post#48 » by spf211 » Thu May 22, 2008 8:42 pm

MyInsatiableOne wrote:^^Always bashing the team and then, POOF, we win and it's happy days again. It gets old, man!

Here's the difference between you and I.

In the first round of the playoffs I was very confident that the Celtics had a great season and would make it very deep into the playoffs -- hopefully the Finals and win a championship.

When the Celtics failed to easily handle a team they should have, well easily handled, I began to investigate the weaknesses and question how far the team could truly go.

You kept on keeping on.

When the Celtics again struggled against the Cavaliers and performed horribly on the road, I re-evaluated again and saw that the early road struggles were obviously not a fluke, but a real problem.

You kept on keeping on.

After Game 1 against Detroit I saw how horrible a hobbled Chauncey Billups was performing and thus changed my opinion on Detroit being able to beat Boston at gome.

You keep on, keeping on.

Say whatever you'd like, but if you think actually changing your opinion based on how a team performs "gets old" versus watching a team and thinking they will do "the best" regardless of how they are actually performing well... then why bother posting here at all if you're just going to be a Celtic cheerleader? They aren't in short supply right now.
GuyClinch
RealGM
And1: 1,478

Post#49 » by GuyClinch » Thu May 22, 2008 10:04 pm

Say whatever you'd like, but if you think actually changing your opinion based on how a team performs "gets old" versus watching a team and thinking they will do "the best" regardless of how they are actually performing well... then why bother posting here at all if you're just going to be a Celtic cheerleader? They aren't in short supply right now.

Sorry dude you DO seem to jumping on and off the bandwagon quite a bit. And THIS is the time to be a cheerleader if their ever was one. It's the first real success the C's have had since 2002 and its their first real shot at a title in 22 years.

Your posts are coming off doom and gloom (after a loss or a tough series) FWIW. So while you might like the idea of being a astute indepth observer the vibe the readers are getting is negative nancy or bandwagoner. That's why your getting the bad feedback.

Pete
meatball sub
RealGM
And1: 8,805

Post#50 » by meatball sub » Thu May 22, 2008 10:43 pm

spf has been here since I joined in 2004. NOBODY who has been posting on this board, rooting for this team prior to draft night last year can be considered a bandwagoner. As fans we all get critical at one point or another, but we never question that our blood runs GREEN. If you're going to call someone a bandwagon fan, you better have a legit reason and it better not say anything other than "2008" under the year they joined.

Those who have been around the board for a while know who has been behind this team through the years. Remember how we were all excited about playing the Pacers in the first round a few years ago? Look at us now. I don't think anyone deserves to be called a bandwagon fan (even those who followed KG here), especially those who we know for a fact were present last season and if you were here last year and you're still here now, you're alright in my book. In the words of former Michigan football head coach Bo Schembechler (RIP), "Those who stay will be champions".

Truer words have never been spoken.

LET'S GO CELTICS!!!!
zeebneeb
RealGM
And1: 10,756

Post#51 » by zeebneeb » Fri May 23, 2008 3:36 am

Very interesting discussion in this thread. Alot of excellent points were made.
bujabra
Senior

Post#52 » by bujabra » Fri May 23, 2008 4:01 am

Man i love this team. This is the closest to a championship team that we have ever got in countless years. I'm enjoyin every game of this awesome ride and i hope that the Celtics prevail this year and win the championship but i'm also optimistic enough to know that we will challenge harder next year.

COME ON YOU CELTS!!!!!

WOOOHHOOOOO!!!

I LOVE THE CELTICS!
"Coaches who can outline plays on a blackboard are a dime a dozen. The one's who win get inside their players and motivate."
-- Vince Lombardi
GJense4181
Banned User
And1: 3

Post#53 » by GJense4181 » Fri May 23, 2008 4:34 am

Obviously. Unless the Pistons take this to 7...
bujabra
Senior

Post#54 » by bujabra » Fri May 23, 2008 5:23 am

32-25 FT advantage to Detriot. 7 more FT to Detriot.

103-97 Final Score. 6 point difference.

Yeah the refs were'nt biased. Give me a break.
"Coaches who can outline plays on a blackboard are a dime a dozen. The one's who win get inside their players and motivate."

-- Vince Lombardi

Return to Boston Celtics