ImageImageImage

Were Probably Done, But Lets All 100% Real...

Moderators: bisme37, canman1971, Darthlukey, Shak_Celts, Froob, Parliament10, shackles10, snowman

Matt34520
Junior
And1: 0

Post#41 » by Matt34520 » Fri May 23, 2008 4:53 am

I will say this, if I could do it over again I don't make this thread.....but its too late.
Ray still got game.
TommyPoints
Head Coach
And1: 4,146

Post#42 » by TommyPoints » Fri May 23, 2008 4:57 am

Matt34520 wrote:I will say this, if I could do it over again I don't make this thread.....but its too late.

Its all good, dude. I get emotional over the games too.
SuperDeluxe
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 20,977

Post#43 » by SuperDeluxe » Fri May 23, 2008 4:58 am

Well, when the two posters of this thread most confident about the Celtics' chances are fans of the other team, you realize that the negativity on this board sucks. It sucks, and it stinks, and it sucks.
Snakebites
Forum Mod - Pistons
Forum Mod - Pistons
And1: 14,791

Post#44 » by Snakebites » Fri May 23, 2008 4:59 am

GenshiYagyu wrote:As much as I wish it were the case, you can't just throw out what Boston has done this year and the talent they have just because they are on a 6 game road losing streak. They were 31-10 Even with those losses, the Celtics are 31-16 on the road this year.

Boston isn't magically going to turn into the Timberwolves upon entering the Palace. They've still got loads of talent despite a bumbling head coach on confidence questions in the clutch.

Yeah, I fully expect a rough couple of games in Detroit.

They've struggled on the road, but I just don't feel they are gonna roll over and die just because they need to win one in Detroit now. It doesn't make intuitive sense.

This will be an epic series. I've seen nothing to suggest otherwise.
Matt34520
Junior

Post#45 » by Matt34520 » Fri May 23, 2008 5:03 am

CelticGamecock wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

Its all good, dude. I get emotional over the games too.

lol. it was just a tough game to watch because I( and I'm sure many others) were waiting for that Celtic takeover. It was planning on ending the night with a nice big cup of green koolaid. It seemed like it was going to happen many times, but just when it began to happen it got taken away. I was so happy when Ray caught fire, but then the happyness was killed right away. They had an answer everytime, I wasn't use to that happing at the Garden. Usually when the momentum went are way, we went on a run and got up by 10. But the Pistons took all our blows and kept coming...

One minute I was :D next minute I was.... :nonono: then I was :P then I was :banghead:

AHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!lol
Ray still got game.
TommyPoints
Head Coach
And1: 4,146

Post#46 » by TommyPoints » Fri May 23, 2008 5:20 am

We're still gonna hold you to that bet. :)
Matt34520
Junior

Post#47 » by Matt34520 » Fri May 23, 2008 5:27 am

CelticGamecock wrote:We're still gonna hold you to that bet. :)

LOL. I'll be here. :D
Ray still got game.
bujabra
Senior
And1: 1

Post#48 » by bujabra » Fri May 23, 2008 5:37 am

Snap out of it!

Screw you'r negative attitude man. This team needs and deserves a raucous crowd cheering it on through hard fought victorys and tough losses.

I'm not the type that gives up easily.
"Coaches who can outline plays on a blackboard are a dime a dozen. The one's who win get inside their players and motivate."
-- Vince Lombardi
GuyClinch
RealGM
And1: 1,478

Post#49 » by GuyClinch » Fri May 23, 2008 5:39 am

Sweet a bandwagon jumper - I can't wait for to have "loser" in your sig. Of course you will stop posting regularly.

Between all the people declaring victory after the first game to all the people declaring that they have lost after the next game - hilarious.

It's not over till it's over. Heck our OWN BOSTON RED SOX came back from a 3-0 hole. Don't believe statistics or hype - anything can happen. We could lose the next two in Detroit and STILL WIN. Stranger things have happened like with Sox.. Did the Red Sox care that no team had EVER come back from 3-0? Heck no.

Pete
atsoc711
Sixth Man

Re: Were Probably Done, But Lets All 100% Real... 

Post#50 » by atsoc711 » Fri May 23, 2008 6:12 am

Matt34520 wrote:The big 3 played great tonight. Ray finally was Ray again. Garnett was great as usual and so was Paul Pierce. Were also at home. But we lost. Detroit pulled out all the stops and just flat out won the game. I think were probably done, unless we get real lucky.

With that said, lets all be honest, this has been a great year. I know none of us wanted it to end like this, but remember two things...

1.) Its only a game.
2.) None of us can control what happens in the game.

Detroit just proved to be better. But like I said the best year I've watched as a Celtics fan. The Celtics had nothing big for years, this year was big and very exciting...Danny Ainge braught big time basketball back to Boston. And it very well could have led to a title if a couple plays had went different. But thats life.

You sound like a loser. Admit that you were never a real Celtics fan.
theGreatRC
RealGM
And1: 4,888

Post#51 » by theGreatRC » Fri May 23, 2008 6:16 am

Wow, "We're probably done"..

C'mon now guys, KG ain't giving up, Pierce ain't giving up, Ray ain't giving up, and they don't expect the fans to give up.

The series is 1-1, or 0-0 in my eyes, best of 5.

It was inevitable that we would lose one at home, it's also inevitable that we will win one on the road.
Dysfunctional Wolves fan
slamdunke
Freshman

Post#52 » by slamdunke » Fri May 23, 2008 8:36 am

Ya know, Sheed is one technical away from a game suspension. Sheed=Technical is as imminent as egg cracking on hot asphalt. A Celtic win against a Sheedless Pistons is very do-able.

Keep your heads up. This series if far from over.
BillessuR6
General Manager
And1: 2,481

Post#53 » by BillessuR6 » Fri May 23, 2008 9:09 am

The negativity on this board sucks. It sucks, and it stinks, and it sucks.
Rondo_Fan
Sixth Man

Post#54 » by Rondo_Fan » Fri May 23, 2008 10:22 am

The series isn't over. We can win one in Detroit.

However, Detroit's playoff experience showed last night. They realized the importance of Game 2, and we didn't. Those of us who saw that coming were not negative. We were perceptive.

What's encouraging is that the Celtics are learning a little bit more each game in the playoffs about what it takes to win. The Celtics will be a better team come Game 7 of this series than they were in Game 2. If we can split in Detroit the Celtics won't miss the importance of Game 5, so that game will be a true test of both teams that will decide the series.

Yabba-dabba-doo!
bru87tr
Rookie

Post#55 » by bru87tr » Fri May 23, 2008 10:53 am

sorry, but when the refs dont give you any home cooking. you are done.

unless the refs do us some favors, we arent wining the series. we have proven we cant win on the road. but I hope the celts prove me wrong.

the pistons were flat out hitting shots, which they dont usually do. I was waiting for them to go cold which they do usually do. we didnt get home cooking tonight, the refs had the pistons leading us the whole way in the game at the line.

been a nice year.
bru87tr
Rookie

Post#56 » by bru87tr » Fri May 23, 2008 10:56 am

if we get a road win, it wont be till game 6.

detroit comes back to boston up 3-1. then we really need to get to work.

this is the best case senario I can think of.
Al-Haqq
Starter

Post#57 » by Al-Haqq » Fri May 23, 2008 11:17 am

1-1 and we're done? Thank God you're not on the team.
Tricky Ricky
Analyst

Post#58 » by Tricky Ricky » Fri May 23, 2008 12:05 pm

Matt34520 wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

I have hope. You have no idea how much I love the Celtics, I was literally dying during this game. You shouldn't talk to a fellow Celtic die hard like that, were all on the same team...

A Celtics die hard who days were probably going to lose in a series tied 1-1 lol, I know were all on the same team but it seems to me like it seems to me that you just expect this team to role over and die
Tricky Ricky
Analyst

Post#59 » by Tricky Ricky » Fri May 23, 2008 12:07 pm

Al-Haqq wrote:1-1 and we're done? Thank God you're not on the team.

I know really, I doubt this poster has been watching basketball for very long and doesnt understand how a playoff series works
Tricky Ricky
Analyst

Re: Were Probably Done, But Lets All 100% Real... 

Post#60 » by Tricky Ricky » Fri May 23, 2008 12:09 pm

Matt34520 wrote:The big 3 played great tonight. Ray finally was Ray again. Garnett was great as usual and so was Paul Pierce. Were also at home. But we lost. Detroit pulled out all the stops and just flat out won the game. I think were probably done, unless we get real lucky.

With that said, lets all be honest, this has been a great year. I know none of us wanted it to end like this, but remember two things...

1.) Its only a game.
2.) None of us can control what happens in the game.

Detroit just proved to be better. But like I said the best year I've watched as a Celtics fan. The Celtics had nothing big for years, this year was big and very exciting...Danny Ainge braught big time basketball back to Boston. And it very well could have led to a title if a couple plays had went different. But thats life.

Pierce and Garnett didnt play too great tonight either. I mean how many turnovers did Pierce have? The rest of this post sucks your acting like were down 3-0

Return to Boston Celtics