ImageImageImage

Were Probably Done, But Lets All 100% Real...

Moderators: bisme37, canman1971, Darthlukey, Shak_Celts, Froob, Parliament10, shackles10, snowman

theGreatRC
RealGM
And1: 4,888

Post#121 » by theGreatRC » Sun May 25, 2008 4:47 am

LOL Joe, GTFO of here, and go suck on Detroit's and all of the analysts who said the Celtics won't win a road games...

Never mind.
Dysfunctional Wolves fan
ParticleMan
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 8,694

Post#122 » by ParticleMan » Sun May 25, 2008 4:50 am

Damn, I'm going to miss JB.
He's like a reverse charm for us.
ramshackle75
Pro Prospect
And1: 0

Post#123 » by ramshackle75 » Sun May 25, 2008 5:47 am

bru87tr wrote:if we get a road win, it wont be till game 6.

detroit comes back to boston up 3-1. then we really need to get to work.

this is the best case senario I can think of.

:rofl2:

Seriously, though. What's up with this need some people have to appear to be the first to call a team's downfall? For chrissakes, you people make me sick.

I have been disappointed by my Celtics. I've thought changes needed to be made. I've been let down, but I've never stopped believing in them. No matter what.
GuyClinch
RealGM
And1: 1,478

Post#124 » by GuyClinch » Sun May 25, 2008 5:57 am

Seriously, though. What's up with this need some people have to appear to be the first to call a team's downfall? For chrissakes, you people make me sick.

I have thought about this. Paradoxically while many fans come here for their team as a fan I think they get caught up in a kind of intellectual bravado. The urge to say "I told you so" and "See how smart I am I saw these flaws" starts to outweight their love for the team they came here rooting for.

Others of course want their personal heroes to be celebrated as the best (Walker has a strange following in this regard) thus any future success is a problem. But these guys weren't Celtic fans to start out with. They were Walker fans.

Both groups will tell you hey I am just a "realistic" fan but predicting downfall for the team with the best NBA record is a bit suspect, IMHO.

Pete
Mr.Monday Night
Sophomore

Post#125 » by Mr.Monday Night » Sun May 25, 2008 6:21 am

ramshackle, the people that are doing that are using the bandwagon fans... That is what bandwagon fans do... The moment "their" team shows weakness, they jump bandwagon to another team that is playing better at that moment in time... They are usually the people on here that freak out first and come up with wild speculations and predictions.. The non-bandwagoners are alot more understanding and not as extreme and unrealistic.
MVP4LIFE
General Manager
And1: 2

Post#126 » by MVP4LIFE » Sun May 25, 2008 6:32 am

Just like I wasn't down when it was 1-1, I ain't too high right now on being 2-1. We still have a long road ahead of us.
"Watching his work ethic, his dedication and, again, his passion that he brings every single day. It's something that I've looked at and said that if I had to design a NBA player, I'd first design him with the heart of Kevin Garnett." Jet
GuyClinch
RealGM
And1: 1,478

Post#127 » by GuyClinch » Sun May 25, 2008 6:59 am

No it's not "bandwagon" fans - both JoeBiscuit and SPF211 (sp?) are long time posters. Mattt34520 might be a bandwagon fan I don't remember him. It's more complicated then that..
Rondo_Fan
Sixth Man
And1: 1

Post#128 » by Rondo_Fan » Sun May 25, 2008 12:22 pm

My theory is that some of these guys that post really off the wall stuff are mods.

more controversy = more posting

more posting = more $$$ for site, which is for profit

Personalities like Robert Smith seem to be obviously fake.

With that said, while it was a little off the wall to say that we were done after we lost game 2, I don't think it was ridiculous to raise concerns about the Celtics at all.

I mean, does anybody seriously think that Danny, Doc, Thibodeau, etc. just sail through the playoffs without worrying about the team, or raising concerns?

I don't.

Winning is about recognizing problems and making adjustments. Our defense sucked ass in game 2; you better believe that that message was pounded home to the players before game 3. But according to certain posters on the board, we as fans are not allowed to raise any problems with the team that we see.

What's stupid to me is that if anyone on this team criticizes something that they see with the team, an individual, etc., they are immediately branded as a hater, disloyal fan, etc. That's just ridiculous. The whole entire business of putting a winning franchise out on the floor is a process of constant evaluation of who you are putting out on the floor and the product that they produce together. Sometimes that evaluation is going to be negative. It doesn't mean that you hate the team.

I'm not happy with how we played against the Piston's trapping defense in the 4th quarter last night. Does that make me a hater, or do I have pretty much the same position that Danny and Doc have?

Anyway, here's hoping that we can really step on their throats with a game 4 win.

Yabba-dabba-doo!
bru87tr
Rookie

Post#129 » by bru87tr » Sun May 25, 2008 1:10 pm

so someone feels a certain way cause the celtics are playing a certain way I am wrong in my feelings ?

the celtics didnt play well, how do you think they felt ? they even said they were really down about that game.

when the celts are down I am down. its all feeling not anything else you guys try and come up with.

its alot easier being a fan who thinks they will always win, thing is its not a perfect world and the celtics arent gonna win every game.

some of you guys are real winners. you talk about certain fans who feel a certain way when their team is down. I prob have missed a few games in 30 years. I have been watching the celtics before you could hold a basketball. get a life !
bru87tr
Rookie

Post#130 » by bru87tr » Sun May 25, 2008 1:10 pm

let me re-phrase..... before you were an itch in your daddys pants.

lol.....
bru87tr
Rookie

Post#131 » by bru87tr » Sun May 25, 2008 1:14 pm

Rondo_Fan wrote:My theory is that some of these guys that post really off the wall stuff are mods.

With that said, while it was a little off the wall to say that we were done after we lost game 2, I don't think it was ridiculous to raise concerns about the Celtics at all.

I mean, does anybody seriously think that Danny, Doc, Thibodeau, etc. just sail through the playoffs without worrying about the team, or raising concerns?

I don't.

Winning is about recognizing problems and making adjustments. Our defense sucked ass in game 2; you better believe that that message was pounded home to the players before game 3. But according to certain posters on the board, we as fans are not allowed to raise any problems with the team that we see.

What's stupid to me is that if anyone on this team criticizes something that they see with the team, an individual, etc., they are immediately branded as a hater, disloyal fan, etc. That's just ridiculous. The whole entire business of putting a winning franchise out on the floor is a process of constant evaluation of who you are putting out on the floor and the product that they produce together. Sometimes that evaluation is going to be negative. It doesn't mean that you hate the team.

I'm not happy with how we played against the Piston's trapping defense in the 4th quarter last night. Does that make me a hater, or do I have pretty much the same position that Danny and Doc have?

Anyway, here's hoping that we can really step on their throats with a game 4 win.

didnt read this post till after I posted. glad to see I am not the only realistic fan on this forum.

other unrealistic fans= "the celtics are the greatest team ever", "they will go undefeated in the playoffs". etc, etc. :rofl:

good post RF!!!
TommyPoints
Head Coach
And1: 4,146

Post#132 » by TommyPoints » Sun May 25, 2008 3:56 pm

bru87tr wrote:so someone feels a certain way cause the celtics are playing a certain way I am wrong in my feelings ?

the celtics didnt play well, how do you think they felt ? they even said they were really down about that game.

when the celts are down I am down. its all feeling not anything else you guys try and come up with.

its alot easier being a fan who thinks they will always win, thing is its not a perfect world and the celtics arent gonna win every game.

some of you guys are real winners. you talk about certain fans who feel a certain way when their team is down. I prob have missed a few games in 30 years. I have been watching the celtics before you could hold a basketball. get a life !

I say negative stuff about the team all of the time and point out weaknesses. There is a difference between doing that and just being unnecessarily negative and saying we have no chance of winning and crap like that.
Spin Move
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 2,037

Post#133 » by Spin Move » Sun May 25, 2008 4:16 pm

Rondo_Fan wrote:My theory is that some of these guys that post really off the wall stuff are mods.

I don't.

1. LOL the mods arent paid by real gm buddy, were not posting controversial stuff, theres a few hundred people who post on the celtics board here nothing we could do short of posting pictures of naked ladies would increase veiwership enough to actually increase advertising revanue for real gm.

2. Robert Smith is very real and his antics led him to be banned, several members of the board have IM conversations with him, and the reason I am writing this is he sent me an angry email about the post.

3. To my knowledge everyone who posts on this board is real (with the possible exception fo Mang, who is obvously a person but seems to play a role when posting on the board)but there are no mod created fake posters.
TommyPoints
Head Coach
And1: 4,146

Post#134 » by TommyPoints » Sun May 25, 2008 4:29 pm

I'm fake. I'm really "Ryen" Gomes.
SuperDeluxe
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 21,090

Post#135 » by SuperDeluxe » Sun May 25, 2008 4:34 pm

I fondly remember being in a pow-wow with the other mods, discussing if it would be a good idea to create a poster who would claim to be an insider with the Celtics. Heated words were exchanged in that meeeting, but we all finally agreed and created Celtic Thug. The rest is history.

Those were the days...
Spin Move
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 2,037

Post#136 » by Spin Move » Sun May 25, 2008 4:37 pm

SuperDeluxe wrote:I fondly remember being in a pow-wow with the other mods, discussing if it would be a good idea to create a poster who would claim to be an insider with the Celtics. Heated words were exchanged in that meeeting, but we all finally agreed and created Celtic Thug. The rest is history.

Those were the days...

Dude, someone is going to take you seriously
SuperDeluxe
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#137 » by SuperDeluxe » Sun May 25, 2008 4:42 pm

Spin Move wrote:Dude, someone is going to take you seriously

And that would be great, because it would generate more controversy, more posting and more profit. I can't wait for my bank account to receive an injection of cash.
BillessuR6
General Manager
And1: 2,481

Post#138 » by BillessuR6 » Sun May 25, 2008 6:00 pm

SuperDeluxe wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

And that would be great, because it would generate more controversy, more posting and more profit. I can't wait for my bank account to receive an injection of cash.

I actually posted in CT threads a couple of times that he is being payed by real gm to keep the traffic up! IMO, it is not a crazy idea at all, it would actually make a lot of sense...
SuperDeluxe
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#139 » by SuperDeluxe » Sun May 25, 2008 6:06 pm

thebirdman wrote:I actually posted in CT threads a couple of times that he is being payed by real gm to keep the traffic up! IMO, it is not a crazy idea at all, it would actually make a lot of sense...

You are correct, sir. And Celtic Thug's website was actually a spin-off of RealGM :)
ramshackle75
Pro Prospect

Post#140 » by ramshackle75 » Sun May 25, 2008 10:34 pm

bru87tr wrote:so someone feels a certain way cause the celtics are playing a certain way I am wrong in my feelings ?

You're entitled to your feelings. That being said, there's a night-and-day difference between posts that say "Man, we played like crap last night, here's why ..." and posts that say "We have no chance of winning anymore." One focuses on tangible things that happened and ways we could learn from them, the other is reactionary b.s.

We always have a chance. Unless you have some magical crystal ball that lets you see the future or are some kind of genius who can predict every possible outcome, nobody knows for sure. A real fan is realistic, but he doesn't throw his team under the bus when things look bad.

Anyone can win on any night. Go C's.

Return to Boston Celtics