ImageImage

Only Redd trade to Cavs I'd do...

Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25

europa
RealGM
And1: 471

Post#41 » by europa » Wed May 28, 2008 11:02 pm

As I said in another thread I'm willing to lower my expectations for what the Bucks can get in a trade for Redd. So I'm not sitting here hoping the Bucks are going to get a major player in return for him. I just don't think the Cavs have anything of real value to offer in return for him. If the Cavs want Redd, I really think they need to get a third team involved who, at the very least, has a promising young starter the Bucks can bring back in return for Redd.

I agree that the market for Redd is limited because only the contenders would take on his contract. The Bucks are in a tough spot because their three most marketable assets (Redd, Mo and Villanueva) all have major issues of some kind working against them.

1. Redd likely would only be of interest to a contender who's willing to absorb his contract.

2. Mo isn't a starter in the eyes of many teams in this league which means you don't care about the luxury tax if you bring him in as a backup or you have the precise type of fit he needs to be a starter (Cleveland would be that fit).

3. Villanueva can't defend and his effort is pretty putrid a lot of the time. And it's not like that's a big secret around the league.

I've excluded Yi from the assets only because I don't see the Bucks trading him at this time.

The guy the Cavs should be going after is Mo and I know you agree with that. I don't think he'll help you as much as Redd will but the cost will be less and a Cavs deal for Mo is much easier to swallow for the Bucks than a Redd deal would be. I'm not sold on the Cavs having a helluva lot for Mo either but I'd be willing to take Varejao/19/filler for Mo/filler if it could be worked out. I'd still be reluctant to make that trade because the Cavs would be getting the best player in the deal (Mo) and nine times out of 10 the team that gets the better player in the deal is the one who got the best of the trade. But I do think this offer has a chance to at least be a wash - assuming the player at 19 becomes a quality starter.
Nothing will not break me.
El Duderino
RealGM
And1: 1,328

Post#42 » by El Duderino » Thu May 29, 2008 6:42 am

europa wrote:
The guy the Cavs should be going after is Mo and I know you agree with that. I don't think he'll help you as much as Redd will but the cost will be less and a Cavs deal for Mo is much easier to swallow for the Bucks than a Redd deal would be.

I think Mo is an ideal target for the Cavs on multiple levels. Mo makes half the money, is younger, is a better fit, and likely wouldn't cost as much in return.

With LeBron there, Mo would get to play that half PG/half SG role that he's perfectly suited for. Redd is a bigger name, but i think Mo fits their needs better. He can not only score, Mo can relieve some of the pressure on James to handle the ball so much. Plus, Mo has developed into one of the best midrange jump shooters in the game. With all the attention James draws while driving the lane, Mo would get tons of wide open midrange jumpers.

Return to Milwaukee Bucks