ImageImageImage

ESPN Apologizes For Celtics-Hitler Reference That Was Made

Moderators: bisme37, canman1971, Darthlukey, Shak_Celts, Froob, Parliament10, shackles10, snowman

brewcrew08
Ballboy
And1: 0

ESPN Apologizes For Celtics-Hitler Reference That Was Made 

Post#1 » by brewcrew08 » Tue Jun 17, 2008 4:16 pm

http://basketball.realgm.com/src_wireta ... reference/

This is just the apology for the article that was written. I dont have the real article where the person wrote about this but whoever wrote it is (Please Use More Appropriate Word). is there any guy on the celtics that there is reason for hating? then look at the lakers (KOBE). thats the reason that the celts are like is cuz the big three are some of the best guys in the NBA, look at the other superstars (Rasheed, Carmelo, Arenas, Iverson, etc.)
http://i185.photobucket.com/albums/x58/ ... /RayGW.jpg

The greatest shooter to ever play the game. He got game.
MyInsatiableOne
General Manager
And1: 180

Re: ESPN Apologizes For Celtics-Hitler Reference That Was Made 

Post#2 » by MyInsatiableOne » Tue Jun 17, 2008 4:22 pm

Jemele has been such an inveterate Celtics hater that I can't believe they even let her write an article on it.
It's still 17 to 11!!!!
Prophet_C
Starter
And1: 99

Post#3 » by Prophet_C » Tue Jun 17, 2008 4:27 pm

She's terrible. I want to puke when I see her and Skip Bayless on ESPN. They are so dumb.

Fire her!
Athanacropolis
Analyst
And1: 3

Post#4 » by Athanacropolis » Tue Jun 17, 2008 4:33 pm

Terrible article by a one-note writer.

And honestly, sans the Hitler reference, I have no problem with the article other than the fact that she just has to inject race into it, like she does into all of her articles. Okay, you're allowed to hate the Celtics, no one expects everybody to be a fan of the green. If she wants to rag on the Celtics and rhapsodize about her beloved Pistons, be my guest. God knows Bill Simmons does the same thing. But to constantly throw in the racial factor--present in the eighties!--about the current Celtics is just dumb. We get it: you're an angry black woman who dislikes whites. But just write about sports, please.
Prophet_C
Starter

Post#5 » by Prophet_C » Tue Jun 17, 2008 4:43 pm

Athanacropolis wrote:Terrible article by a one-note writer.

And honestly, sans the Hitler reference, I have no problem with the article other than the fact that she just has to inject race into it, like she does into all of her articles. Okay, you're allowed to hate the Celtics, no one expects everybody to be a fan of the green. If she wants to rag on the Celtics and rhapsodize about her beloved Pistons, be my guest. God knows Bill Simmons does the same thing. But to constantly throw in the racial factor--present in the eighties!--about the current Celtics is just dumb. We get it: you're an angry ugly fat black woman who dislikes whites. But just write about sports, please.

fixed
Athanacropolis
Analyst

Post#6 » by Athanacropolis » Tue Jun 17, 2008 4:44 pm

Prophet_C wrote:
Athanacropolis wrote:Terrible article by a one-note writer.

And honestly, sans the Hitler reference, I have no problem with the article other than the fact that she just has to inject race into it, like she does into all of her articles. Okay, you're allowed to hate the Celtics, no one expects everybody to be a fan of the green. If she wants to rag on the Celtics and rhapsodize about her beloved Pistons, be my guest. God knows Bill Simmons does the same thing. But to constantly throw in the racial factor--present in the eighties!--about the current Celtics is just dumb. We get it: you're an angry ugly fat black woman who dislikes whites. But just write about sports, please.

fixed

Hey hey hey! I'm not criticizing her race or physical appearance, just her awful writing.
Prophet_C
Starter

Post#7 » by Prophet_C » Tue Jun 17, 2008 4:47 pm

I'm not critcizing her race either. I love black girls. I just can't stand Jamelle.
Athanacropolis
Analyst

Post#8 » by Athanacropolis » Tue Jun 17, 2008 4:48 pm

Prophet_C wrote:I'm not critcizing her race either. I love black girls. I just can't stand Jamelle.

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: Fair enough!
amazing_bulk16
Ballboy

Post#9 » by amazing_bulk16 » Tue Jun 17, 2008 4:59 pm

The writer should be fired for that article and reference alone!

How can you compare ANYTHING to Hitler????
Athanacropolis
Analyst

Post#10 » by Athanacropolis » Tue Jun 17, 2008 5:06 pm

amazing_bulk16 wrote:The writer should be fired for that article and reference alone!

How can you compare ANYTHING to Hitler????

Well, people compare George W. Bush to Hitler, and never get fired, so axing her over comparing a sports franchise to Hitler might be a little bit hypocritical on the part of the mainstream media. If Jemele gets fired for this (which I don't think she should), then Keith Olbermann, among others, has to go to boot.

For the record, Bush is a **** president. I'm just making a point.
Rocky5000
Analyst

Post#11 » by Rocky5000 » Tue Jun 17, 2008 5:11 pm

Politicians do it all the time. It's actually considered an argumentative fallacy.
Athanacropolis
Analyst

Post#12 » by Athanacropolis » Tue Jun 17, 2008 5:44 pm

Rocky5000 wrote:Politicians do it all the time. It's actually considered an argumentative fallacy.

And is just in poor taste!
mr_sunshine
Assistant Coach
And1: 482

Post#13 » by mr_sunshine » Tue Jun 17, 2008 5:57 pm

Even though much of my family was murdered in the Holocaust this stuff doesn't bother me anymore. People are just **** ignorant, so I've learned to deal with it. :noway:
leper-con
General Manager
And1: 3,963

Post#14 » by leper-con » Tue Jun 17, 2008 5:59 pm

I remember reading that and thinking how inaropriate it was but I looked at the source, SHe is a blatant Celtics hater. But what really got me was that it is Cetics-Lakers in the final and she goes on and on about the Pistons being ,her beloved team. The article is pure hate without any relevance to what is happening. She is clearly still in a time warp and emotional stunted from all the losses her teams faced against us. Didn't she get the memo that we destroyed her team and sent them to "self-destruct" mode, i.e. rebuilding.
brewcrew08
Ballboy

Post#15 » by brewcrew08 » Tue Jun 17, 2008 5:59 pm

I dont think we need to discuss about President Bush right now in the Boston Celtics forum, but you guys are absolutely right, on 1st and 10 she always brings up race and Skip just stares at her haha, she sometimes has some good points but then she brings in the race issue and then it's just crap.

brewcrew08
Ballboy

Post#16 » by brewcrew08 » Tue Jun 17, 2008 6:03 pm

mr_sunshine wrote:Even though much of my family was murdered in the Holocaust this stuff doesn't bother me anymore. People are just **** ignorant, so I've learned to deal with it. :noway:

o, by the way mr. sunshine, love the icon... i remember watching that episode.

Athanacropolis
Analyst

Post#17 » by Athanacropolis » Tue Jun 17, 2008 6:06 pm

brewcrew08 wrote:I dont think we need to discuss about President Bush right now in the Boston Celtics forum, but you guys are absolutely right, on 1st and 10 she always brings up race and Skip just stares at her haha, she sometimes has some good points but then she brings in the race issue and then it's just crap.

You are right. I was just trying to point out how idiotic the overuse of "So-and-so is HITLER" has become. It has no place in politics, and in sports. And I agree with how Skip reacts when Hill brings up race in ALMOST EVERY DISCUSSION.

Mr. Sunshine, you shouldn't have to deal with ignorant idiots. Hacks like Ms. Hill, and others, need to be called out for their idiocy.
MyInsatiableOne
General Manager
And1: 180

Post#18 » by MyInsatiableOne » Tue Jun 17, 2008 6:14 pm

^^She's just like Scoop Jackson on Page 2...race baiting hacks.
It's still 17 to 11!!!!
brewcrew08
Ballboy

Post#19 » by brewcrew08 » Tue Jun 17, 2008 6:20 pm

Athanacropolis wrote:
brewcrew08 wrote:I dont think we need to discuss about President Bush right now in the Boston Celtics forum, but you guys are absolutely right, on 1st and 10 she always brings up race and Skip just stares at her haha, she sometimes has some good points but then she brings in the race issue and then it's just crap.

And I agree with how Skip reacts when Hill brings up race in ALMOST EVERY DISCUSSION.

Ya, one time they were talking about Lebron James posing for a magazine and how he looked like King Kong and she said it was racist for him to pose like that because they are both black and it is saying black people are like king kong. ???????? She doesn't know what she is talking about

meatball sub
RealGM
And1: 8,827

Post#20 » by meatball sub » Tue Jun 17, 2008 6:22 pm

Light-hearted Hitler references should only be used if you can execute them properly and for that to happen you have to actually be funny! Jemele is probably the worst writer in ESPN history, which is saying a lot, but I understand she most likely name dropped Hitler in an attempt at comedy. While doing so she broke the rules of getting away with a provocative reference:

A. You have to do it in a funny way
B. It must raise a good point
C. A combination of both

I don't think Hill understands that playing the race card is piss poor writing. Now how ESPN continues to get "piss poor" confused with "outstanding" is beyond me and my problem is that Jemele talks about race in every single article for no apparent reason other than the fact that she can get away with it. No matter what the color of your skin may be, bringing up race for no reason whatsoever makes you look ignorant; especially when explaining why you hate something.

Somebody needs to tell her that playing the race card as black woman who is paid very well to write articles that take little to no literary talent whatsoever does indeed make her just as ignorant as those who hate others because of the color of their skin. In this case she’s guilty on both accounts and if someone is going to play the race card it most certainly shouldn't be her. Instead of being a role model for aspiring female journalists she's an abomination who brings down her race as well as her gender.

We get it, Jemele Hill, you hate white people and the Celtics. Now take your fingers off the keyboard and stop wasting our bandwidth.

Return to Boston Celtics