ImageImage

06/19 ESPN & DX.com Speculation

Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25

Bernman
RealGM
And1: 5,537

Re: 06/19 ESPN & DX.com Speculation 

Post#1081 » by Bernman » Wed Jun 25, 2008 8:36 pm

Has anyone considered maybe this rumour has been purposely circulated by the Buck's front office so that GM's start calling us, and we get a better offer as a result. I've always thought it was highly likely that Hammond would deal the pick as he's shown a clear aversion to the draft in interviews.
"TRADE GIANNIS" - Magic Giannison
LUKE23
RealGM
And1: 6,264

Post#1082 » by LUKE23 » Wed Jun 25, 2008 8:37 pm

steger_3434 wrote:
LUKE23 wrote:Much rather draft Alexander and move Mo/CV in a separate deal to land a physical PF and another solid PG. That is basically giving up two top ten picks and a 6.5M expiring contract for a guy that is only a slight upgrade over Mo. Yuck if this happens, I'm hoping it falls through.

If this happens Mo is gone. Any chance Mo and Redd for filler and the 2 pick?

Yeah, no question Mo is gone if this deal goes down, but like I said, I'd rather go with:

Sessions/Bell/PG from trade
Redd
Alexander
Yi
Bogut

and then depth obtained from Mo/CV/Mason in whatever deal you want to do, over blowing all of our trade assets outside of Mo on Hinrich. I think we all knew that Mo/CV/Mason/#8 were going to be the pieces we used in trades. Well, we just used three of the four on Hinrich if this goes down. Then we are left with whatever we can get for Mo in one deal to try and land a SF. We cannot have Simmons start next year.
EastSideBucksFan
RealGM
And1: 4,490

Post#1083 » by EastSideBucksFan » Wed Jun 25, 2008 8:37 pm

fam3381 wrote:Well if Des is traded tomorrow night we'll get a chance to see his reaction...

Bucks forward Desmond Mason is scheduled to be in attendance at the newly reconfigured Summerfest Sports Area, along with Bango, the Energee! Dance Team, the Bucks Rim Rockers, Super Force, the MBX Stunt Team and the venerable Seniorgee.

http://blogs.jsonline.com/bucks/archive ... plate.aspx

If I were Dez I would break some Bucks memorabilia in front of the crowd and storm off

How stupid can they be to schedule a guy to host a draft night party at Summerfest and then trade him on draft night?
theanimal23
RealGM
And1: 926

Post#1084 » by theanimal23 » Wed Jun 25, 2008 8:37 pm

Does anyone know how legit this rumor is? Is it more speculation, or teams are talking?
steger_3434
RealGM
And1: 5,464

Post#1085 » by steger_3434 » Wed Jun 25, 2008 8:38 pm

europa wrote:Guess I'm the only one happy with this rumor, huh? :)

To me Kirk is barely worth the number 8 ball. Throwing in a Brewers pitcher and some concrete is just getting raped by the Bulls.
yiyiyi wrote:give rockets Redd ,houston give you T-MAC in return .please help rockets!
i dont want see that woman anymore !
trwi7
RealGM
And1: 26,402

Post#1086 » by trwi7 » Wed Jun 25, 2008 8:38 pm

bango_the_buck wrote:
trwi7 wrote:I sent it cam, fam and osheehan.

Denied... :brokenheart:

I thought you got it already. :lol:

Anyways, Will Perdude already posted the rumor on here.

Will Perdude wrote:Cv, Des, and 8 for Hinrich.
stellation wrote:What's the difference between Gery Woelful and this glass of mineral water? The mineral water actually has a source."

I Hate Manure wrote:We look to be awful next season without Beasley.
LUKE23
RealGM

Post#1087 » by LUKE23 » Wed Jun 25, 2008 8:39 pm

I don't think people remember how average Hinrich was last year. But lets trade Joe Alexander, a poor defensive PF but a guy that can get you double doubles in CV, and an expiring deal just because Hinrich can defend (nevermind that he is not a good creator or shooter).
europa
RealGM
And1: 471

Post#1088 » by europa » Wed Jun 25, 2008 8:41 pm

steger_3434 wrote:

To me Kirk is barely worth the number 8 ball. Throwing in a Brewers pitcher and some concrete is just getting raped by the Bulls.

Hinrich has been right at the top of the list of players I want to see the Bucks acquire this summer. I have been begging for this team to add quality defenders the past two summers and Harris ignored it in favor of offense. In my opinion, Dez is worthless so the trade (if true) would be Villanueva/8 for Hinrich. Given how I don't think the 8th pick has all that much value and given how I think Villanueva has to go I'm all over this trade. The only hesitation I'd have would be if it meant passing on Love. But then we have to see what other moves Hammond makes to address this team's needs and weaknesses. If he does well there, then passing on Love won't be troublesome to me.

What I would really enjoy would be the following: The past two summers Harris made moves that everybody in this forum couldn't love enough and I hated. If this trade occurred, it would mean Hammond made a move that I loved that everybody hated.

I would enjoy the 180 degree turn in events. And I can't lie - I'd enjoy it immensely. :)
Nothing will not break me.
TheGhostDog
Senior
And1: 2

Post#1089 » by TheGhostDog » Wed Jun 25, 2008 8:42 pm

Can't we just trade the bricklaying brewer for Hinrich and keep the pick? Hinrich wasn't exactly setting the world on fire last season and the Bulls could really use some scoring at the 4.
mcfromage
Veteran
And1: 840

Post#1090 » by mcfromage » Wed Jun 25, 2008 8:45 pm

europa wrote:
steger_3434 wrote:

Hinrich has been right at the top of the list of players I want to see the Bucks acquire this summer. I have been begging for this team to add quality defenders the past two summers and Harris ignored it in favor of offense. In my opinion, Dez is worthless so the trade (if true) would be Villanueva/8 for Hinrich. Given how I don't think the 8th pick has all that much value and given how I think Villanueva has to go I'm all over this trade. The only hesitation I'd have would be if it meant passing on Love. But then we have to see what other moves Hammond makes to address this team's needs and weaknesses. If he does well there, then passing on Love won't be troublesome to me.

What I would really enjoy would be the following: The past two summers Harris made moves that everybody in this forum couldn't love enough and I hated. If this trade occurred, it would mean Hammond made a move that I loved that everybody hated.

I would enjoy the 180 degree turn in events. And I can't lie - I'd enjoy it immensely. :)

I tend to agree with you Europa actually, although I'd replace Love with Bayless. If Bayless is available at 8 and we pass on him for this deal I'll be disappointed. Otherwise, while I don't think it's exceptional, I could certainly live with it.

Edit: from Bilas' chat -
Ken (Tarzana, Ca): What do you think of Jared Bayless? I see another tweener guard who left school too early.

Jay Bilas: (4:44 PM ET ) First, great kid. Hard worker, wants to be good. I really like him. He's a scoring point that can shoot it and has a really good first step. He is a bit turnover prone and needs to be more efficient, but he is very good. He has a real chance.

Also: draft express Bayless diary: http://www.draftexpress.com/blog/Draft-Diaries/
andonewheel
Rookie
And1: 16

Post#1091 » by andonewheel » Wed Jun 25, 2008 8:47 pm

Wow, this whole thing strikes me as silly. I can't take this rumor seriously at all. I also can't believe how so many people take this board so seriously. I doubt page #67 of one thread on the Milwaukee Bucks forum at RealGM is going to start a rumor that affects anything.

As far as the rumor, why would the Bucks trade the #8 when they don't even know who would be there yet? Westbrook has a good chance of being there, I'm pretty low on Westbrook but I'd take him over Hinrich every time. And the Bucks seem to love Alexander, why would we trade the #8 and Dez and CV to get a slight upgrade at PG? CV is probably gonna get traded, but he has enough value not to be thrown in here with the 8th pick. This leaves us with an even bigger hole at SF, which one would assume is our top priority for this draft. Common sense suggests this rumor is total BS and I can't believe so many people blindly accept it.
0BobLobLaw0
Starter
And1: 2,018

Post#1092 » by 0BobLobLaw0 » Wed Jun 25, 2008 8:48 pm

AgainstMe! wrote:BUCKSandPACK@gmail.com

I would really appreciate it, thanks!!

would someone mind forwarding it to me?

Thanks
Why should you go to jail for a crime someone else noticed? You don't need double talk... You need Bob Loblaw.
unklchuk
Head Coach
And1: 94

Post#1093 » by unklchuk » Wed Jun 25, 2008 8:48 pm

Skiles knows him well. Until we learn not to trust Skiles, I'm tempted to accept his judgement. Had Hinrich NOT had an off year, his price would be higher, given the boom in emphasis on PGs.

I'm OK with the trade. Looks like it could be good for us. Looks like it likely will be better than simply good for the Bulls. (Maybe extra facets will be added.)

I've never been as down on CV as some here, but if they and the team management are right that he doesn't have a player's mind (focus, effort), then we're in pretty good shape. Getting a key piece to allow other moves.
AFAIK, IDKM
smauss
Lead Assistant
And1: 419

Post#1094 » by smauss » Wed Jun 25, 2008 8:49 pm

Ahum..Ahum.....I'm sure some were expecting my response.......

I'm very pleased to get him. I'm not at all pleased with what we gave up but this team needs a perimeter defender and distributor. Building Block #1 as far as I'm concerned!
"Too many people ask for help, and sometimes you have to help yourself." - Jerry Sloan (CBQ is missed)

simul justus et peccator
LUKE23
RealGM

Post#1095 » by LUKE23 » Wed Jun 25, 2008 8:50 pm

So this would leave us with:

Hinrich/Sessions
Redd/Bell
Simmons/Ilyasova
Yi/2nd rounder
Bogut/Gadzuric

Plus whatever we got for Mo. If there is a worse bench in the NBA, even with what we acquire for Mo, I'd love to see it. You also have to do something about upgrading starting SF, Simmons is not a starter. That team screams "blech".
LUKE23
RealGM

Post#1096 » by LUKE23 » Wed Jun 25, 2008 8:53 pm

smauss wrote:

Ahum..Ahum.....I'm sure some were expecting my response.......

I'm very pleased to get him. I'm not at all pleased with what we gave up but this team needs a perimeter defender and distributor. Building Block #1 as far as I'm concerned!

Hinrich isn't a distributor though. He's not a shooter/scorer either. He's a good defender.

He's never averaged over 6.8 assists per game.
James1980
Veteran
And1: 400

Post#1097 » by James1980 » Wed Jun 25, 2008 8:53 pm

AgainstMe! wrote:
AgainstMe! wrote:BUCKSandPACK@gmail.com

I would really appreciate it, thanks!!

would someone mind forwarding it to me?

Thanks

It's CV, Dez, and 8 for Hinrich. Isn't CV and Dez without the pick enough for Hinrich?
NotYoAvgNBAFan wrote:I overlook foolishness.
andonewheel
Rookie
And1: 16

Post#1098 » by andonewheel » Wed Jun 25, 2008 8:55 pm

LUKE23 wrote:So this would leave us with:

Hinrich/Sessions
Redd/Bell
Simmons/Ilyasova
Yi/2nd rounder
Bogut/Gadzuric

Plus whatever we got for Mo. If there is a worse bench in the NBA, even with what we acquire for Mo, I'd love to see it. You also have to do something about upgrading starting SF, Simmons is not a starter. That team screams "blech".

Yeah, that roster is horrible. Imagine if Redd is beat up coming back from the Olympics, gets injured, and misses 20+ games. Where will the points come from? Where will the depth come from on the wings? Doesn't this team want to compete sooner rather than later? This trade is bad for both our long term and short term futures. Another year of tanking would kill this franchise. That is why this trade is BS, it makes no sense.
msiris
RealGM
And1: 1,738

Post#1099 » by msiris » Wed Jun 25, 2008 8:58 pm

No way I do this deal. Helping the Bulls who already have the 1st pick is a joke. No way does this improve the team. WAY too much to give up for A Hinny. If so no way does this team wins 20 games next year.
Ride the tank
LUKE23
RealGM

Post#1100 » by LUKE23 » Wed Jun 25, 2008 9:03 pm

There is not a worse bench in the NBA than Sessions/Bell/Ilyasova/Gadzuric/2nd rounder/whatever we get for Mo. That is why I absolutely hate giving up three of our trade assets for a non-star player.

Hopefully this was just a deal that was on the table but doesn't go down, which is very possible.

Return to Milwaukee Bucks