ImageImageImage

Thank goodness Chris Wallace is gone he is the worst gm

Moderators: bisme37, canman1971, Darthlukey, Shak_Celts, Froob, Parliament10, shackles10, snowman

sox839
Senior
And1: 1

Thank goodness Chris Wallace is gone he is the worst gm 

Post#1 » by sox839 » Fri Jun 27, 2008 6:02 am

Did you see Wallace just traded for OJ Mayo, Marko Jaric (3yrs 21 mill), Antoine Walker (3 yrs remaining), and greg buckner (3 yrs remaining) for Kevin Love, Mike Miller, Brian Cardinal and Jason Collins. That just totally screwed the Griz cap and they lost Miller who after Ray Allen might be one of the best outside shooters. Wallace needs to go scout AAU basketball that was a bad trade.
SonicYouth34
Sixth Man
And1: 0

Re: Thank goodness Chris Wallace is gone he is the worst gm 

Post#2 » by SonicYouth34 » Fri Jun 27, 2008 6:26 am

Yeah, but they got Mayo. Who could turn into a superstar
DynastyInTheMaking
Rookie
And1: 1

Post#3 » by DynastyInTheMaking » Fri Jun 27, 2008 6:28 am

I assume you just think those contracts are bad. Jaric is a solid rotational player and Toine may be bought out. Cardinal and Collins weren't exactly sporting vet minimum contract and Wallace landed the best player in the deal. Memphis fans are ecstatic about this move.

I think you means McHale is the worst GM.
threrf23
RealGM
And1: 4,425

Post#4 » by threrf23 » Fri Jun 27, 2008 7:40 am

DynastyInTheMaking wrote:I assume you just think those contracts are bad. Jaric is a solid rotational player and Toine may be bought out. Cardinal and Collins weren't exactly sporting vet minimum contract and Wallace landed the best player in the deal. Memphis fans are ecstatic about this move.

I think you means McHale is the worst GM.

Jaric isn't all that solid, Collins expires this year, and Cardinal next year
GreenGrizz
Analyst

Post#5 » by GreenGrizz » Fri Jun 27, 2008 8:05 am

The deal will cost Chris Wallace's job. Now his future is all in Mayo's hands. Walker, Jaric and Buckner will tank until they are let go.
bruno sundov
Assistant Coach
And1: 13

Post#6 » by bruno sundov » Fri Jun 27, 2008 11:35 am

Thank god wallace isn't in BOS anymore. He would like to take all the credit for the championship!!! Did they trade Darco also or was it miller?
sully00
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 7,716

Post#7 » by sully00 » Fri Jun 27, 2008 12:16 pm

Walker is an expiring contract, but I am sure you all knew that.
CeltsfaninDC
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,335

Post#8 » by CeltsfaninDC » Fri Jun 27, 2008 12:26 pm

wallace is the best at what he does: save teams $$$$
Tricky Ricky
Analyst

Post#9 » by Tricky Ricky » Fri Jun 27, 2008 12:27 pm

Thank god he is gone but this trade was good for both teams.
MyInsatiableOne
General Manager
And1: 180

Post#10 » by MyInsatiableOne » Fri Jun 27, 2008 1:21 pm

sully00 wrote:Walker is an expiring contract, but I am sure you all knew that.

I wouldn't mind bringing Antoine in here cheap if he gets bought out. Bring him off the bench...let him finish his career as a Celtic and chase a ring with us...you know it's what he wants, the guy bleeds Celtics green. He, along with Al and Gomes (and maybe Delonte) are the only former C's I'd want back at this point.
Gomes3PC
General Manager
And1: 3,752

Post#11 » by Gomes3PC » Fri Jun 27, 2008 1:32 pm

It's not a matter of getting Mayo. It's the fact that he acquired TWO MORE PGs! And at the same time he got RID of a big man, which the Grizzlies need DESPERATELY. Love might not be a superstar, but in his prime he's going to give you 18, 10, and 5 assists; very Brad Miller-like. I'll take that, especially after you get him into an NBA training regimen to shed a few % points of fat.

Memphis now has Conley, Lowry, Crittendon, Jaric, and Mayo at the point. Mayo can play SG, and Crittendon a bit too, but neither is a great outside shooter and when you have 2 PGs on the floor it often causes problems defensively and with ball flow on offense. Meanwhile, down low they now have absolutely no future. Toine and Greg freaking Buckner will be the PFs, and if they try to play beanpole Donte Greene down there they'll learn he's exactly the same player as Hakim Warrick, minus the defensive prowess. He's a SF through and through.

Memphis would've been WAY better off trading Mike Conley for Mayo or at least used a few of their 24 PGs on the roster to send to Minny, who now has Sebastian Telfair and.....Sebastian Telfair at the point. At least they got the big man who can shoot outside to compliment Big Al, while shedding some terrible contracts in the process. Mayo might've been the best player in this deal, but he's set up for failure in Memphis with the **** they have at the guard and wing spots.
biggyv
Sophomore

Post#12 » by biggyv » Fri Jun 27, 2008 2:55 pm

A lot of folks are speculating that this is setting up a possible deal for Beasley, but before the draft, Miller was supposedly the chip Memphis would use to get him. Now they would probably have to trade Gay/Lowry along with others to get him.
Rocky5000
Analyst

Post#13 » by Rocky5000 » Fri Jun 27, 2008 3:40 pm

lol. More point guards for Memphis. Maybe we can get one of Lowry or Conley, who are both going to be really good players IMO. They'd already make more than adequate point guards.
TheSheriff
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,241

Post#14 » by TheSheriff » Fri Jun 27, 2008 3:44 pm

I am pretty sure Walker is an expiring contract.

Plus they got OJ Mayo who will play shooting guard for them, he is not really a point. And Darell Arthur, who is a steal at 27 (basically 28 because that is what they traded for him). It is funny that everyone here is saying Wallace is a moron, the rest of the board is calling the grizz Winners.
bruno sundov
Assistant Coach
And1: 13

Post#15 » by bruno sundov » Fri Jun 27, 2008 4:14 pm

Rocky5000 wrote:lol. More point guards for Memphis. Maybe we can get one of Lowry or Conley, who are both going to be really good players IMO. They'd already make more than adequate point guards.

MEM is trying to corner the market on pg the same wayTOR, is on jumpshooting bigmen. We still have the best on in the world though in KG.
celticfan42487
RealGM
And1: 15,279

Post#16 » by celticfan42487 » Fri Jun 27, 2008 4:24 pm

Walker isn't exactly an expiring but he has a team option. Wich Riley put in there. Riley screwed himself with Walker's contract but at least he put that in there to stop the bleeding a little earlier.
theman
RealGM
And1: 1,407

Post#17 » by theman » Fri Jun 27, 2008 5:22 pm

Wallace is on weei right now.
meatball sub
RealGM
And1: 8,875

Post#18 » by meatball sub » Fri Jun 27, 2008 5:34 pm

It's weird, I don't see this as horrible for either team. For Memphis, Mayo could turn out to be a superstar (I really don't think he will be) and they are taking a risk that is worth it if they truly believe he will pan out. For McHale, Love and Al together is going to be lethal. These guys both have a natural feel for the game on the offensive end. They're going to be a lot of fun to watch together.
GuyClinch
RealGM
And1: 1,478

Post#19 » by GuyClinch » Fri Jun 27, 2008 5:43 pm

^^^ My god it sucks for both teams.

It sucks for Memphis because they have too many PG's after the same job - and not enough bigs. But with Mayo's talent - talentwise they got the better deal but that's it.

It sucks worse for Minnesota because that's a defensive nightmare (Jefferson and Love) and even if they do play together there is a chance Love flat out busts..

Pete
meatball sub
RealGM
And1: 8,875

Post#20 » by meatball sub » Fri Jun 27, 2008 5:47 pm

No arguing with you that it's a defensive nightmare. I really don't think guys like Love who just flat out know how to play the game bust very often. He may not turn out to be a star, but he's gonna be damn solid IMO.

Return to Boston Celtics