The Trial/City Rolls Over Thread

The place to discuss the history of Seattle Supersonics Basketball.

Moderator: Cactus Jack

AbdicatedReign
Pro Prospect
And1: 0

Re: The Trial 

Post#121 » by AbdicatedReign » Wed Jul 2, 2008 11:34 pm

nwsports253 wrote:
jenn_gp wrote:Is he the one who was one of the "undisclosed" players who said he won't play there?

I dont know if its undisclosed but i thinks someone on here or on the times board posted a video or a audio link or a story and Durant said F*** Bennett.

He called Bennett a "fat ****".
LarBrd33
Banned User
And1: 1

Post#122 » by LarBrd33 » Wed Jul 2, 2008 11:35 pm

wiff wrote:I believe baiting is against the forums terms of service and you can be suspended or banned for it.

And I feel what you are doing LarBrd33 is considered baiting. But I'm not a mod.

BAITING WHO!? The City of Seattle gave up... so do I. It's over. Lets accept it. I'm pissed off and disappointed, but this forum no longer represents the Seattle Supersonics. That franchise is dead.

Either start discussing the future in Oklahoma or let it go. This city has made it clear that our feelings don't matter in this. Either leave or lets all be good troopers and discuss the possibility of signing hometown hero Tony Allen.
for·mi·da·ble /ˈfɔrmɪdəbəl/ Pronunciation[fawr-mi-duh-buhl]
–adjective
1. to be youthier: That younger youthier player adds to the formidable frontline.
AbdicatedReign
Pro Prospect

Post#123 » by AbdicatedReign » Wed Jul 2, 2008 11:36 pm

Where's that damn ignore button. Curse this **** ugly new forum layout.
nwsports253
Junior

Post#124 » by nwsports253 » Wed Jul 2, 2008 11:36 pm

so ok komo they just had a interview with some guy i didnt catch who it was but he said Schultz has more then a 50% chance of winning his lawsuit.

Now they just had some okc news guy on, why would they put him on? he just had a stupid little smerk ok his face
jenn_gp
Head Coach
And1: 6

Post#125 » by jenn_gp » Wed Jul 2, 2008 11:37 pm

Where's Sweezo? Bennith? Do something with Larbrd please!
TBpup
Lead Assistant
And1: 241

Post#126 » by TBpup » Wed Jul 2, 2008 11:39 pm

As a long time Blazer fan, if the Sonics do move, it is a sad day for the NorthWest. The Blazer/Sonic rivalry has at times been one of the best in the league and it is a travesty what has happened. I'm not expecting Sonic fans to start rooting for the Blazers but hopefully with some of the local ties (McMillan, Roy and Webster) we can do the Northwest proud.

I'm not impressed with the way Stern and the NBA handled this and it should make any fan a little wary that their team can up and move at a moments notice.

:starwars
@TBpup22
AbdicatedReign
Pro Prospect

Post#127 » by AbdicatedReign » Wed Jul 2, 2008 11:40 pm

TBpup wrote:I'm not impressed with the way Stern and the NBA handled this and it should make any fan a little wary that their team can up and move at a moments notice.

That's the salient point. Most people don't seem to care about this, but it sets a horrible precedent for the entire NBA.
LarBrd33
Banned User

Post#128 » by LarBrd33 » Wed Jul 2, 2008 11:42 pm

nwsports253 wrote:so ok komo they just had a interview with some guy i didnt catch who it was but he said Schultz has more then a 50% chance of winning his lawsuit.

Now they just had some okc news guy on, why would they put him on? he just had a stupid little smerk ok his face

The stuff on Truehoop says that Schultz is part of the settlement as well.

Anyways... I still say we should riot and burn down Key Arena. Nobody? ... anyone have a Guy Fawkes mask? Seriously... lets do this... don't tell me people in Seattle are too passive to burn down Key Arena... show a little heart. Weee!

kidding of course. :)

–adjective

1. to be youthier: That younger youthier player adds to the formidable frontline.
DmoneyH3
Pro Prospect

Post#129 » by DmoneyH3 » Wed Jul 2, 2008 11:42 pm

EFF Clay and Stern. Is there any way the players can refuse to play? I'm not saying OKC fans would deserve this, but more so to Bennett who brought this on himself. I mean, karma has to strike him sooner or later.
jenn_gp
Head Coach
And1: 6

Post#130 » by jenn_gp » Wed Jul 2, 2008 11:43 pm

Kevin Calabro is on KJR and he sounds pretty distraught. Man listening to him is going to make me start crying.
nwsports253
Junior

Post#131 » by nwsports253 » Wed Jul 2, 2008 11:45 pm

Let me post this again for someone who doesnt read posts

Former Sonics owner and Starbucks CEO Howard Schultz will not drop his lawsuit against Bennett as part of the settlement, said two sources familiar with the deal.

Schultz' suit alleges that Bennett broke a promise to try to keep the Sonics in Seattle.

Schultz wants a court to transfer the Sonics to local ownership.

http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/html/localnews/2008030229_sonitrial02.html
LarBrd33
Banned User

Post#132 » by LarBrd33 » Wed Jul 2, 2008 11:45 pm

DmoneyH3 wrote:EFF Clay and Stern. Is there any way the players can refuse to play? I'm not saying OKC fans would deserve this, but more so to Bennett who brought this on himself. I mean, karma has to strike him sooner or later.

I'd love to see Durant demand a trade. That would make me so very very happy.

–adjective

MUpacersSIC
Sixth Man
And1: 618

Post#133 » by MUpacersSIC » Wed Jul 2, 2008 11:47 pm

If this goes through I really hope you guys get a new team within the next five years. I think the fans have showed how much they care about basketball in Seattle and they definitely deserve a team. The fans couldn't have possibly done more to show how much they cared and the Sonics totally screwed you guys over. I believe OKC deserves a team as well (they did show massive support for the Hornets) but the Sonics belong in Seattle. Good luck and keep your heads up.
Sweezo
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 36

Post#134 » by Sweezo » Wed Jul 2, 2008 11:50 pm

LarBrd33, be a gentleman and back the hell off. You've tormented this community for a long time now, and only serve to try and irritate people. I've got a lot of distraught fans here who actually mean something to me and have for the ten years I've posted on Sonics message boards, and what you're doing now is about as childish a thing I've ever seen. I deal with wifebeaters, drunks, prostitutes, and drug dealers on a day to day basis...and often times those people express some kind of remorse for their transgressions. Meanwhile, you pop up only now and then, and gleefully poke at people until they finally explode.

Playing the role of a martyr does suit you. Back off, go to another board for the day, and maybe you'll be lucky enough to post again. This is not open for discussion. I want no response from you, just acquiescence.
LarBrd33
Banned User

Post#135 » by LarBrd33 » Wed Jul 2, 2008 11:51 pm

nwsports253 wrote:Let me post this again for someone who doesnt read posts

Former Sonics owner and Starbucks CEO Howard Schultz will not drop his lawsuit against Bennett as part of the settlement, said two sources familiar with the deal.

Schultz' suit alleges that Bennett broke a promise to try to keep the Sonics in Seattle.

Schultz wants a court to transfer the Sonics to local ownership.

http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/html/localnews/2008030229_sonitrial02.html

http://seattlepi.nwsource.com/basketbal ... ial03.html

"Three parties were involved in the negotiating, the third being former owner Howard Schultz, who also has a lawsuit pending against Bennett's Oklahoma City ownership group.

But city officials are extremely tight-lipped about the situation. Council member Richard McIver, who told the Oklahoman that only Schultz's role was holding up a settlement earlier in the day, and other council members have not returned calls to the P-I."
bobcatsinfour
Junior
And1: 8

Post#136 » by bobcatsinfour » Wed Jul 2, 2008 11:52 pm

LarBrd33 wrote:I'd love to see Durant demand a trade. That would make me so very very happy.

I'd love to see you banned from this site. That would make me oh so very happy.
Bomb_First wrote:Give Hickson the max

Can the Cavs sneak into the playoffs?

cochiseuofm wrote:Probably, but they'd be better off just buying tickets and not risk getting caught by security.
kjtruong
Sophomore

Post#137 » by kjtruong » Wed Jul 2, 2008 11:56 pm

i lol'd

larbrd33->ignorelist
rsavaj
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 2,767

Post#138 » by rsavaj » Wed Jul 2, 2008 11:57 pm

I'm sorry. I'm so, so sorry. :(.
Sweezo
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 36

Post#139 » by Sweezo » Wed Jul 2, 2008 11:58 pm

bobcatsinfour wrote:By the way, I just realized that your avatar is a picture of your face when you're taking it up the butt from Clay Bennett.

Let me handle it...no need to slink to his level (even if it does feel good to do so and I have trouble blaming you for doing it).
bobcatsinfour
Junior
And1: 8

Post#140 » by bobcatsinfour » Wed Jul 2, 2008 11:59 pm

okay I will edit the original message

Return to Seattle Supersonics Basketball