And1: 35,260

ESPN Prediction - 11th 

Post#1 » by ReasonablySober » Fri Aug 29, 2008 9:47 pm

trwi7
RealGM
And1: 26,434

Re: ESPN Prediction - 11th 

Post#2 » by trwi7 » Fri Aug 29, 2008 9:51 pm

Projected eight games out of last in the East. Sweet, can't wait.
stellation wrote:What's the difference between Gery Woelful and this glass of mineral water? The mineral water actually has a source."

I Hate Manure wrote:We look to be awful next season without Beasley.
ReasonablySober
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#3 » by ReasonablySober » Fri Aug 29, 2008 9:53 pm

trwi7 wrote:Projected eight games out of last in the East. Sweet, can't wait.

At least the Bucks aren't an older team devoid of young guys loaded with potential. There's a real bright future with this core.
worthlessBucks
RealGM
And1: 4,833

Post#4 » by worthlessBucks » Fri Aug 29, 2008 10:07 pm

10th worst record in the league, no man's land again, nice. If you rebuild it, wins will come.
Go Bucks!
xTitan
RealGM
And1: 2,283

Post#5 » by xTitan » Fri Aug 29, 2008 10:48 pm

DrugBust wrote:
trwi7 wrote:Projected eight games out of last in the East. Sweet, can't wait.

At least the Bucks aren't an older team devoid of young guys loaded with potential. There's a real bright future with this core.

Never knew you were such a big Yi fan :dontknow:
LUKE23
RealGM
And1: 6,272

Post#6 » by LUKE23 » Fri Aug 29, 2008 11:31 pm

It will come down to defense, as always. We will see how good Skiles is. If he can get this team to combine to play good team D, they will be in the playoffs. It is a large task though.

It does say if chemistry works they could leap up the charts, I would say chemistry/defense for this team will go hand in hand.
LISTEN2JAZZ
RealGM
And1: 172

Post#7 » by LISTEN2JAZZ » Sat Aug 30, 2008 12:30 am

I'm not as mad about "no man's land" as I would normally be, because at least it's a new roster who will play a new style. It's a given that this team will never amount to anything because they aren't contenders and are already in their prime - but there will be plenty of other things of interest to follow this season.
pasting_monkeys
Starter
And1: 1

Post#8 » by pasting_monkeys » Sat Aug 30, 2008 3:29 am

Did anybody read the assessment on the Cavs:
If the Cavs can find chemistry in the combo of King James and Mo Williams ... if Big Z and Big Ben have anything left ... if J.J. Hickson makes an immediate impact inside ... Cleveland can win 50

And then predicted a 50 win season.

Whereas the Bucks get a predicted 35 wins with this little disclaimer:
If the chemistry works, it should add up to a jump up the charts

So the Buck's prediction is basically worst-case scenario, and the Cav's is best-case scenario.

Wow, way to be objective guys.

At the moment I put us above the Bulls, Heat, Hawks, and on par with the Wizards.
ReasonablySober
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#9 » by ReasonablySober » Sat Aug 30, 2008 3:41 am

pasting_monkeys wrote:Did anybody read the assessment on the Cavs:
If the Cavs can find chemistry in the combo of King James and Mo Williams ... if Big Z and Big Ben have anything left ... if J.J. Hickson makes an immediate impact inside ... Cleveland can win 50

And then predicted a 50 win season.

Whereas the Bucks get a predicted 35 wins with this little disclaimer:
If the chemistry works, it should add up to a jump up the charts

So the Buck's prediction is basically worst-case scenario, and the Cav's is best-case scenario.

Wow, way to be objective guys.

At the moment I put us above the Bulls, Heat, Hawks, and on par with the Wizards.

Um, you realize that 35 wins for the Bucks would be a jump up the charts, right? Just like 50 would be for the Cavs.

edit: and on that note, how sad is it that ESPN's experts are saying that if things go right and the chemistry works out, that the Bucks are still looking at a 10th place finish.
pasting_monkeys
Starter

Post#10 » by pasting_monkeys » Sat Aug 30, 2008 4:31 am

DrugBust wrote:Um, you realize that 35 wins for the Bucks would be a jump up the charts, right? Just like 50 would be for the Cavs.

edit: and on that note, how sad is it that ESPN's experts are saying that if things go right and the chemistry works out, that the Bucks are still looking at a 10th place finish.

I would argue the opposite, by "jump up the charts" I would assume that they are talking about the prediction chart. In my opinion they are saying that if the chemistry clicks, we'd be looking at MORE than 35 wins.
jeremyd236
General Manager
And1: 16

Post#11 » by jeremyd236 » Sat Aug 30, 2008 5:38 am

They're saying that if the chemistry is good, etc. then the Bucks will have more than 35 wins, thereby "jumping" them up to like 9 or 8.
emunney
RealGM
And1: 36,942

Post#12 » by emunney » Sat Aug 30, 2008 6:38 am

One team I'm really going to be interested in is Atlanta. They're bringing back pretty much the exact team except for Childress, so it'll be a pretty good test of exactly how valuable he was to them. I'm thinking "very" and they struggle to get out of the low 30s.
Here are more legal notices regarding the Posts
pasting_monkeys
Starter

Post#13 » by pasting_monkeys » Sat Aug 30, 2008 9:36 am

emunney wrote:One team I'm really going to be interested in is Atlanta. They're bringing back pretty much the exact team except for Childress, so it'll be a pretty good test of exactly how valuable he was to them. I'm thinking "very" and they struggle to get out of the low 30s.

I'm guessing they're hoping that a combination of Marvin Williams and Maurice Evans will fill the gap, but i'm not convinced they will. Chilly was the ultimate 6th man.
paul
RealGM
And1: 1,038

Post#14 » by paul » Sat Aug 30, 2008 10:31 am

Could anyone really give a rats a** what ESPN think at this stage? Really?

The talk from a few guys in this thread is like this is actually what's going to happen and ESPN have suddenly become Nostrodamus, although it would surprise the hell out of me if DB and Twirl were agreeing with a negative piece on the Bucks atm.
MickeyDavis
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 46,089

Post#15 » by MickeyDavis » Sat Aug 30, 2008 1:47 pm

Maybe some of you expected a big one year turnaround. I didn't. Too big of a hole to dig out of quickly.
I'm against picketing but I don't know how to show it.
midranger
RealGM
And1: 10,177

Post#16 » by midranger » Sat Aug 30, 2008 2:12 pm

MickeyDavis wrote:Maybe some of you expected a big one year turnaround. I didn't. Too big of a hole to dig out of quickly.

I don't think anyone expected a one year turn around, but look at our team and tell me what's the potential past year one?

There isn't a whole lot of young blue chip prospects here. Alexander MAY be a good glue guy/role player in the future. Sessions MAY be a good PG. That's it. We won't have cap space for three years. Our good players don't have trade friendly contracts. We likely won't be picking at the top of the lotto.

I see a team that's pretty much locked in for 3 years without a ton of hope for improvement, by either internal or external means. So, if year one is a disaster, I wouldn't assume years 2 and 3 would be much better.
Please reconsider your animal consumption.
MetroDrugUnit
Sixth Man
And1: 46

Post#17 » by MetroDrugUnit » Sat Aug 30, 2008 3:32 pm

midranger wrote:
MickeyDavis wrote:Maybe some of you expected a big one year turnaround. I didn't. Too big of a hole to dig out of quickly.

I don't think anyone expected a one year turn around, but look at our team and tell me what's the potential past year one?

There isn't a whole lot of young blue chip prospects here. Alexander MAY be a good glue guy/role player in the future. Sessions MAY be a good PG. That's it. We won't have cap space for three years. Our good players don't have trade friendly contracts. We likely won't be picking at the top of the lotto.

I see a team that's pretty much locked in for 3 years without a ton of hope for improvement, by either internal or external means. So, if year one is a disaster, I wouldn't assume years 2 and 3 would be much better.

Exactly. We have a long ways to go, I'm still stun over the whole, get RJ and then give away Mo thing all in the same offseason. At the end of the day we really have no idea what we have, lets just hope that the powers that be know what they're doing.
showtimesam
Veteran
And1: 32

Post#18 » by showtimesam » Sat Aug 30, 2008 3:35 pm

I like this team's potential.

They seem to be a team that will listen to their coach, play hard, and be a case of the sum being greater than its parts.

Either way, this team is in alot better shape than either of the previous two seasons.

This year is only year one of Hammond's plan, lets sit back and see what happens before we determine that this core can't get us anywhere.

I see some good veteran talent (Redd, Jefferson) and young players with alot of room to grow (Sessions, Bogut, CV, Alexander). And the best part is, it seems as if the parts actually fit this year rather than a collection of scorers under Harri's regime.
paulpressey25
Senior Mod - Bucks
Senior Mod - Bucks
And1: 26,325

Post#19 » by paulpressey25 » Sat Aug 30, 2008 3:54 pm

Until one of these four (Bogut/CV/Ramon/JA) steps up to all-star status we go nowhere....and the national media knows we are a non-story.

Our three best players (Redd/RJ/Bogut) are arguably some of the least athletic and least charismatic guys in the league.

But as Adamcz said, this will be an interesting season for me as well with all the new guys, new system, new coach.

This is why I'm glad we didn't give away CV, so I can hope on the 5% chance he busts out.
In depth discussions here - shorter stuff on Twitter

https://twitter.com/paulpressey25
Wise1
RealGM
And1: 256

Post#20 » by Wise1 » Sat Aug 30, 2008 4:14 pm

I like the moves at point guard. Ridnour and Sessions should produce more wins than Mo Williams who easily is the best overall talent of the 3, but just not very smart on the court.

I think Bogut will be even better next year with the confidence that his teammates have to have gained in him with his often stellar second half play.

Richard Jefferson and Michael Redd will be semi-allstars.

Scott Skiles will bring intensity and defensive accountability.

42 wins wouldn't shock me. But neither would 30.

Return to Milwaukee Bucks