ImageImageImage

Day 3: Walker Impressing

Moderators: bisme37, canman1971, Darthlukey, Shak_Celts, Froob, Parliament10, shackles10, snowman

UGA Hayes
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 16,109

Re: Day 3: Walker Impressing 

Post#21 » by UGA Hayes » Fri Oct 3, 2008 6:18 pm

Its interesting to compare the impression one initially got when reading about the high school version of Mayo and Walker and then listening to them once they actually turned pro. Both are way wasy more mature than I would have ever thought.
Man_Up
Senior
And1: 1

Post#22 » by Man_Up » Sat Oct 4, 2008 12:33 pm

All the stuff i'm hearing about Walker is really impressing me. I thought that Giddens would be the one that came in ready to contribute while Walker would be more about his potential than immediate contribution. Giddens is the older player and I thought he had the more complete game, but he has faded into the background while where hearing all this stuff great stuff about Walker.

I'm still expecting Gidden's to show some promise soon, but I now see Walker as the more NBA ready rookie. He'll probably be something like a bigger TA minus the turnover's and mental lapses.
Rondo doesn't believe in easy buckets...
ParticleMan
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 8,694

Post#23 » by ParticleMan » Sat Oct 4, 2008 5:31 pm

It's early. I still think Giddens will get more burn this season than Walker. If they both contribute, that'd be great.
meatball sub
RealGM
And1: 8,887

Post#24 » by meatball sub » Sat Oct 4, 2008 6:00 pm

Love Walker getting into it with KG and not backing down, that's how you earn respect.
GreenGrizz
Analyst
And1: 0

Post#25 » by GreenGrizz » Sat Oct 4, 2008 7:49 pm

I sometimes wonder why we drafted Giddens instead of Walker We could have drafted Walker in the first round and make a spot for PJ Brown. Let's hope that Giddens can provide and fill that sg need. All of sudden, we are looking at TAllen.

Return to Boston Celtics