ImageImageImageImageImage

Bosh: Happiness outweighs money

Moderators: HiJiNX, niQ, Morris_Shatford, DG88, Reeko, lebron stopper, 7 Footer, Duffman100

ansoncarter
Head Coach
And1: 367

Re: Bosh: Happiness outweighs money 

Post#61 » by ansoncarter » Tue Dec 23, 2008 6:41 pm

cb4_admin wrote:No problem. If your not willing to spend 25m tied down, I'm sure someone else will.

Oh by the way, hows that 21 million dollar jermaine o neal contract working out for you? He's got a year left right? ahh thats right....

you run chris's website right?

what does trying to piss off his fanbase accomplish
cdel00
Head Coach
And1: 424

Post#62 » by cdel00 » Tue Dec 23, 2008 6:43 pm

cb4_admin wrote:No problem. If your not willing to spend 25m tied down, I'm sure someone else will.

Oh by the way, hows that 21 million dollar jermaine o neal contract working out for you? He's got a year left right? ahh thats right....

Hadi, come now are you really displaying a professional attitude and demeanor with posts like the last few you have pecked out?

IMO, you and people 'like you' are the problem that plagues the Superstars of our generation. You cling on like parasites to a rising star while tarnishing their image that they worked their whole life to build. Please for the sake of your 'host' (Bosh) start conducting yourself with class and dignity.

Thank you and sorry for calling you like this but I simply felt compelled to respond instead of simply ignoring your juvenile posts.

There is a direct link between your posts and the boos in the ACC, you are sabotaging Chris now I COMMAND YOU to stop it!

For the rest of the readers simply ignore this clown he in no way shape or form represents Bosh who I know would be very pissed at the way this clown is representing him.
There There
Veteran
And1: 201

Post#63 » by There There » Tue Dec 23, 2008 6:47 pm

cb4_admin wrote:He doesn't have to get useless contracts, he can OBVIOUSLY get good peices, I just used those as an example as the Knicks dont have anyone now. Raptors may have a hard time signing a big name, lot of players like to avoid Canada unfortunatly.

But that's the inherent issue with sign and trade and why it won't happen; any team that CB wants to sign with is not going to offer anything much more than just contracts they don't want; it's not in their interest to offer much value when CB can just sign there as he's unrestricted.

You might get one player of value included, but it would also be padded with useless contracts.

And the fact that players are less inclined to come to Canada shouldn't worry anyone here; players will go where the offer's are; and if you build a winning team, it's that much more incentive. You worry about building a winner, not who does or doesn't want to come to Canada.
Buyaka
Assistant Coach
And1: 420

Post#64 » by Buyaka » Tue Dec 23, 2008 6:48 pm

If BC gets any of this talk in the off season, it's time to pull the trigger and recover some assets. Otherwise we will have a situation of either McGrady or Vince. BTW, Bron is staying in Cleveland. He will get all the endorsements from there while winning a few rings for his hometown.
cb4_admin
Sophomore
And1: 1

Post#65 » by cb4_admin » Tue Dec 23, 2008 6:51 pm

LOL I am cb4_admin. My opinions are that of a fan and do NOT represent the views of Chris Bosh.

RealGM is not Bosh's fanbase, It's much larger then a few threads on the internet.

I simply responded to a poster who said Bosh is not worth 25m per year of cap space, but how is J.O at 30 worth 42m over the next 2 years. It's a FACT, im not speaking with emotion. So before you get all rattled, READ what I wrote.

cdel00 wrote:

Hadi, come now are you really displaying a professional attitude and demeanor with posts like the last few you have pecked out?

IMO, you and people 'like you' are the problem that plagues the Superstars of our generation. You cling on like parasites to a rising star while tarnishing their image that they worked their whole life to build. Please for the sake of your 'host' (Bosh) start conducting yourself with class and dignity.

Thank you and sorry for calling you like this but I simply felt compelled to respond instead of simply ignoring your juvenile posts.

There is a direct link between your posts and the boos in the ACC, you are sabotaging Chris now I COMMAND YOU to stop it!

For the rest of the readers simply ignore this clown he in no way shape or form represents Bosh who I know would be very pissed at the way this clown is representing him.
knickerbocker2k2
General Manager
And1: 4,459

Post#66 » by knickerbocker2k2 » Tue Dec 23, 2008 6:55 pm

Again. Players will always take the greater $$$. I don't understand why all the talk of people not coming to Canada, etc. Players will always take who offers the most. There are few exceptions, but most are superstar players at the end of their careers chasing championship.

The way player contracts are setup the team who has their rights has all the advantages in keeping them. The only way a team can sign another teams player is to OVERPAY (ala Lewis_) and the team with rights doesn't want to sign them at that price.

So what is the key to building teams? You draft well and you trade well. And signing players at the MLE level who play at their contract level or higher.
hyper316
RealGM
And1: 9,674

Post#67 » by hyper316 » Tue Dec 23, 2008 6:57 pm

cb4_admin wrote:LOL I am cb4_admin. My opinions are that of a fan and do NOT represent the views of Chris Bosh.

RealGM is not Bosh's fanbase, It's much larger then a few threads on the internet.

I simply responded to a poster who said Bosh is not worth 25m per year of cap space, but how is J.O at 30 worth 42m over the next 2 years. It's a FACT, im not speaking with emotion. So before you get all rattled, READ what I wrote.

cdel00 wrote:

if ur gonna voice ur own opinion, why not create a separate account to do that? some fans will be confused and taint chris bosh's reputation by saying those things ... would someone please let chris bosh know about his in his website forum
C Court
RealGM
And1: 25,144

Post#68 » by C Court » Tue Dec 23, 2008 6:58 pm

supersub15 wrote:
Centre Court wrote:You're right. Bosh is most likely to demand a sign & trade or re-sign with Toronto and then six months later he'll demand a trade like Vince did. I just don't see that CB will flat out walk.

CC, you're hung up on the wording. Sign-and-trade is basically walking away from the Raptors.

Not at all.

Sign and trade is not the preferred option, but it depends what the sign and trade looks like. If Bryan does a sign and trade for Bosh which includes a young player and a lottery pick, that's not walking away for nothing.

Detroit lost Grant Hill in a sign and trade that netted Ben Wallace and Chucky Atkins. That was a clear win for Detroit.

Lets assume Bosh asks for a sign and trade, Bryan has the option of making a deal that's good for Toronto or saying 'no deal'.

If he says 'no deal', then Bosh forfeits $36 million if he walks away. OR he resigns with Toronto and pouts. Then Toronto can trade him anytime December 15th.
NBA Champion Toronto Raptors
knickerbocker2k2
General Manager
And1: 4,459

Post#69 » by knickerbocker2k2 » Tue Dec 23, 2008 7:00 pm

cb4_admin wrote:LOL I am cb4_admin. My opinions are that of a fan and do NOT represent the views of Chris Bosh.

Very simple. JO IS NOT WORTH 42M over the next few years. That is the whole point. Bosh I think can make $27M at the end of his next contract. If you look at the all the top contracts now (KG at $24M, Marbury at $22M, AI at $22M, Kidd at $21M, JO at $21M, and Kobe at $21M) only really two are worth their contracts. The rest are HUGELY OVERPAID and burdens at their contract level.

If we overpay Bosh (ala pay more then any team is able to pay) then is that good for the franchise? If I where a betting man I would say Bosh is going to be more like (Marbury, JO, Kidd) at the end of his contract then KG or Kobe.
cdel00
Head Coach
And1: 424

Post#70 » by cdel00 » Tue Dec 23, 2008 7:04 pm

Bah you are not a fan you are a parasite and if you are truely ignorant as to how "Oh by the way, hows that 21 million dollar jermaine o neal contract working out for you? He's got a year left right? ahh thats right...." is considered bad form I feel deeply sorry for you. I hope one day the light clicks on.

durka
Starter
And1: 1,031

Post#71 » by durka » Tue Dec 23, 2008 7:08 pm

cdel00 wrote:

Here we go again...

Whether you like it or not, you're Bosh's repersentative on this site. It seems like since fans have been doubting Bosh the past few you've just been egging us on. For the sake of Bosh's public image, stop. RealGM clearly isn't Bosh's fanbase, but it's a known fact that you're directly connected to Bosh, you run his website, and you're a Bosh supporter first and your a supporter for whatever team he's playing for second. I'm sure if he leaves in 2010 you'll be going to whatever team signed him and say you're a fan of them like you said last night. But let me tell you this: us Raps fans are the majority of Chris's fans. We've seen him grow and, frankly, you're treating us like crap. You always make it seem like we owe him something. "The balls in your court" is what you said last night. We've been behind CB for the past 6 years,the balls in his court to show us that he truley is a superstar and can take us to the next step. I love CB, he's my all-time favorite Raptor behind Boogie (I'm sure you don't know who that is), but he's the one that started the MVP talk and then played like a steaming pile of **** in December. And who is refuting the fact the JO is absurdly overpaid? As you say, it's a two way street. If CB and his associates act stuck up and think they're above us even though he isn't meeting expectations, the boos will keep coming at the ACC. But hey, I'm sure you get some perks from Chris being loaded. You shouldn't be telling us to thank him and root him on when he's chucking up ill-advised 3s and long jumpers all game, you should be thanking us for buying you that computer you just typed that post on.
James Ballswin (Realizar)
Veteran
And1: 0

Post#72 » by James Ballswin (Realizar) » Tue Dec 23, 2008 7:10 pm

mgd wrote:
Tommy Udo 6 wrote:He can't be unhappy just because of the boos.

Here's what i think:

Cleveland is spending mega bucks trying to improve the Cavs so LeBron stays

Same with Miami & keeping Wade

The Lakers already have improved, so Kobe is staying

..but the Raptors? The team is not improving as a contender. In fact, it seems to be going backward. To me, this is why Bosh is unhappy. Just a theory..............

I don't necessarily disagre with the point that the Raptors not spending would upset Bosh more than some boo's. But I disagree with the Miami comparison; they're big money acquisition was done moreso to shed them of Shaq's salary than to improve the team, and chances are Marion may not finish the season in Miami.

I think the JO trade was a move that at least on the surface showed more of an intention to improve on a weak area of the team for the purpose of moving up in the EC... Hasn't worked well thus far obviously, but what BC does next I think will send a stronger message to Bosh if the team is serious about improving.

That doesn't necessarily mean adding a big name; sometimes improvement can come from first taking a step backwards; what would send a bad message to Bosh is not doing anything at all.

Great post MGD!

I share the exact same feelings.

JO has been here for 1/4 of a season and we've gone through a very tough schedule (which cost Smith his job, but not his salary) and so many people think the sky is falling.

Unfortunately, the Raps didn't get any instant gratification for acquiring JO and being forced to scrape the very bottom of the basketball talent pool to find 3 NBA-caliber players willing to sign for the NBA minimum wage (see Adams, Jawai, Solomon) to fill out the rest of our roster.

But with 1 3/4 for time remaining on JO's contract, we are a quality swingman away (in exchange for Vegetable Lasagna & KaponoMatic) from becoming a solid team.

Next year, when we address our lack of depth, we'll be very much improved from the present.
RAPTOR FAN FRIDAYS: Raptors Republic @ Sports Centre Cafe
http://raptorsrepublic.com
TheRaptor!
General Manager
And1: 5,552

Post#73 » by TheRaptor! » Tue Dec 23, 2008 7:11 pm

In other words

Raptor fans, I rather play with Lebron in NY then to take your 36 million.
Harry Palmer
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 2,529

Post#74 » by Harry Palmer » Tue Dec 23, 2008 7:16 pm

It's a shame to have to lock a worthwhile thread, but this had derailed into a series of comments about other posters.

Doesn't matter who they are, the rules apply, for them and to them. Let's all calm down right now, shall we?
All truth passes through three stages. First, it is ridiculed. Second, it is violently opposed. Third, it is accepted as being self-evident.

-Arthur Schopenhauer

Return to Toronto Raptors