Image ImageImage Image

The Official Keep Tyrus Thread

Moderators: HomoSapien, Payt10, RedBulls23, coldfish, fleet, AshyLarrysDiaper, kulaz3000, Michael Jackson, Ice Man, dougthonus, Tommy Udo 6 , DASMACKDOWN, GimmeDat

Tri_N
Banned User
And1: 0

Re: The Official Keep Tyrus Thread 

Post#401 » by Tri_N » Wed Feb 11, 2009 4:34 am

I will still offer Tyrus for Amare.

However, I will not offer both Noah and Tyrus for Amare. If Kerr insists on both of them, he can try his luck elsewhere. Our bigmen are finally clicking.

I will offer Kerr a take it or leave it offer: Gooden, Cedric Simmons, Tyrus, and 2009 first rounder for Amare.
boogydown
Banned User
And1: 15

Post#402 » by boogydown » Wed Feb 11, 2009 4:35 am

Are we trading for Amare without any extension?
theanimal23
RealGM
And1: 926

Post#403 » by theanimal23 » Wed Feb 11, 2009 4:36 am

deng for amare

i said during the preseason tyrus would be better than deng this year. deng has sucked enough that it can happen. and when deng and tyrus play their best games, tyrus has more of an *impact*
nitetrain8603
RealGM
And1: 1,701

Post#404 » by nitetrain8603 » Wed Feb 11, 2009 4:36 am

Trade him at his peak value!
gocubs2118
Pro Prospect
And1: 12

Post#405 » by gocubs2118 » Wed Feb 11, 2009 4:38 am

I hope people realize Amare does this every night.
cocktailswith_2short
Head Coach
And1: 78

Post#406 » by cocktailswith_2short » Wed Feb 11, 2009 4:39 am

If there was a reason not to trade Thomas it was this game against the pistons . He played poor for spurts and still had an impact game . Once this guy puts it together the sky is the limit .
G I N T
Bench Warmer
And1: 202

Post#407 » by G I N T » Wed Feb 11, 2009 4:40 am

Nah. It's nice to see Tyrus and Noah play well these last few weeks, but you'll still never be able to effectively run an offense around either player. This is the absolute PERFECT time for an Amare deal when you consider how poorly Beasley has played recently compared to Thomas. Do what's right and make a serious offer for Stoudemire. He's still better than both of them combined.
Bulltalk
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 9,277

Post#408 » by Bulltalk » Wed Feb 11, 2009 4:41 am

The way Tyrus is playing now, Pax can make a fair and solid offer for Amare (Gooden+Thabo+Tyrus+pick) and say take it or leave it.
"I'm a truth teller. All I do is tell the truth."

(Donald Trump - 8/11/16)
Slip7
Veteran
And1: 69

Post#409 » by Slip7 » Wed Feb 11, 2009 4:41 am

tyrus is stepping it up big time. he changed the game in the 4th on O and on D. the keep tyrus bandwagon will keep growing.
Ben
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 2,850

Post#410 » by Ben » Wed Feb 11, 2009 4:42 am

cboksa wrote:
SportsWorld wrote:I think our offer is looking good now. Tyrus/Gooden/Thabo/#1. We can probably keep Noah now.

replace tyrus and give them hinrich

cboksa. Hmm. Aren't you the guy who used to only post about how much Tyrus sucked, and how we never should have drafted him, and how we should trade him for anything?
MrSparkle
RealGM
And1: 10,181

Post#411 » by MrSparkle » Wed Feb 11, 2009 4:43 am

Well, Amare doesn't block as well.
boogydown
Banned User
And1: 15

Post#412 » by boogydown » Wed Feb 11, 2009 4:45 am

Amare gave up 24 points to Spreights yesterday who we should have moved up for as I was high on him from the beginning. Then the game before gave 16 to Wallace. Amare can only shine offensively if someone can pick up his slack on the defensive end.
Toro Rojo
Inactive user
Inactive user

Post#413 » by Toro Rojo » Wed Feb 11, 2009 4:45 am

Who would have thought we would have this thread by this season?

Really, this board was 90% against Tyrus, saying he is terrible and doesnt belong to this league. Low Basketball IQ, dumb, inconsistent, just a "high leaper".

And now this?
DASMACKDOWN
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls
And1: 14,374

Post#414 » by DASMACKDOWN » Wed Feb 11, 2009 4:48 am

This is the thing for me...I think a trade involving Tyrus now should have more weight than it did before.

Meaning you hear reports of Tyrus, Gooden,NOah, Thabo and a pick...

As it stands right now, thats WAYYYYYY to much to give up.

Tyrus at this point has moved into that next tier that his value has gone up.

Tyrus, Gooden and Thabo in my opinion should be enough to get Amare right now. Maybe add a pick at the most.

But definitely not adding Noah as well.

Not how Tyrus and or Noah have been lately.
The Cult of Personality
anorexorcism
Banned User
And1: 10

Post#415 » by anorexorcism » Wed Feb 11, 2009 4:50 am

DASMACKDOWN, Magilla, Jeremy, FL_Flash...this thread should be dedicated to you guys...even through the dark days of last year, I didn't post as much but as a fellow Tyrus diehard I remember you guys were the only ones who urged patience while everyone on this board was calling for Tyrus' head.

I did this drill every day at work, trying to convince everyone that Tyrus would break out in his 3rd year. Of course, no one believed me. Yet here we are.

If this isn't breaking out (back to back 20-10 games, 15/8 over the last 20 games)...then I don't know what is.

Amare will be good, but man it's going to be a tough pill to swallow for me personally. Tyrus was one of the only reasons I watched the Bulls last year (when I did) and when we traded Wallace I was doing cartwheels.
anorexorcism
Banned User
And1: 10

Post#416 » by anorexorcism » Wed Feb 11, 2009 4:53 am

Tyrus talking about defense in the interview.
redbull
Senior

Post#417 » by redbull » Wed Feb 11, 2009 4:56 am

Toro Rojo wrote:Who would have thought we would have this thread by this season?

Really, this board was 90% against Tyrus, saying he is terrible and doesnt belong to this league. Low Basketball IQ, dumb, inconsistent, just a "high leaper".

And now this?

And that is why people such as myself who are of the 10% who believed in him through good and bad don't want to see him get traded. He is now starting to gain confidence with the playing time - screw gooden, gray and every other Shmuck who played over Thomas while his development was just as important to this teams as rose.

And screw the media - who portray this kid as a dumbass for not wanting to talk to you and calling him a pre maddona

I wanted Rose over Beasely - to pair with Thomas. I would hate to trade him for somebody who ends up leaving anyway.
theanimal23
RealGM
And1: 926

Post#418 » by theanimal23 » Wed Feb 11, 2009 4:57 am

anorexorcism wrote:DASMACKDOWN, Magilla, Jeremy, FL_Flash...this thread should be dedicated to you guys...even through the dark days of last year, I didn't post as much but as a fellow Tyrus diehard I remember you guys were the only ones who urged patience while everyone on this board was calling for Tyrus' head.

I did this drill every day at work, trying to convince everyone that Tyrus would break out in his 3rd year. Of course, no one believed me. Yet here we are.

If this isn't breaking out (back to back 20-10 games, 15/8 over the last 20 games)...then I don't know what is.

Amare will be good, but man it's going to be a tough pill to swallow for me personally. Tyrus was one of the only reasons I watched the Bulls last year (when I did) and when we traded Wallace I was doing cartwheels.

Don't forget me, Vin, ROY, and a few others. Ralph I believe too.
DASMACKDOWN
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls
And1: 14,374

Post#419 » by DASMACKDOWN » Wed Feb 11, 2009 5:04 am

anorexorcism wrote:DASMACKDOWN, Magilla, Jeremy, FL_Flash...this thread should be dedicated to you guys...even through the dark days of last year, I didn't post as much but as a fellow Tyrus diehard I remember you guys were the only ones who urged patience while everyone on this board was calling for Tyrus' head.

Yeah we guys and a few others(Vin, theRoy etc) are Tyrus soldiers who have stuck by the kid from Day 1. It hasnt been an easy ride. And most of us would admit, that the wheels nearly fell off early in the year, but we all had a sturdy grip and never let go :D
The Cult of Personality
Magilla_Gorilla
RealGM
And1: 4,451

Post#420 » by Magilla_Gorilla » Wed Feb 11, 2009 5:08 am

I'm happy the kid is playing well. He's going to have a terrible game soon - I just hope that half the supporters don't suddenly 'jump' when that happens.
Sham - Y U NO sell me a t-shirt? Best OB/GYN Houston

Return to Chicago Bulls