Team Needs...What are they, what do fans think?

Moderators: Andre Roberstan, HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Texas Chuck, MoneyTalks41890, Mamba4Goat, pacers33granger, Trader_Joe, loserX

BBallFreak
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 16,251

Re: Team Needs...What are they, what do fans think? 

Post#61 » by BBallFreak » Thu Feb 19, 2009 1:06 pm

Miami, post JO trade, deadline day:

Current roster:

Pg: Mario Chalmers - Chris Quinn
Sg: Dwyane Wade - Daequan Cook
Sf: Jamario Moon - James Jones - Dorell Wright - Yakouba Diawara
Pf: Udonis Haslem - Michael Beasley
Cc: Jermaine O'Neal - Jamaal Magloire - Joel Anthony - Mark Blount

Currently available players:

Chris Quinn (trade restricted)
James Jones
Dorell Wright
Yakouba Diawara
Jamaal Magloire
Joel Anthony
Mark Blount

Other assets:

Toronto first round pick, lottery protected - 2010 - 2014
$4.2 million Traded Player Exception

Needs:

A backup point guard
A starting caliber small forward

*Note: Neither need is pressing, which is why the players available are limited to the end of the bench. The team seems to be pretty content with the top 7 players in the rotation.
Wade2k6
RealGM
And1: 77

Post#62 » by Wade2k6 » Thu Feb 19, 2009 11:14 pm

I agree, good job BBF. Though, I would say they do need to pick up a PG by the time playoffs come.
Rooster
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 11

Post#63 » by Rooster » Tue Feb 24, 2009 8:49 pm

Rooster wrote:^If Aaron Gray's that insignificant, then I'll gladly toss you a 2nd or something for him if I'm any of the 29 other teams.

Raptors in-depth:

Un-$^%#ing-touchable
Chris Bosh - No, he's not leaving in 2010. He's never leaving. Hands off.
Jose Calderon - Not only do we love him dearly, but he's the only good PG we have. Unless someone ridiculous like Rose, Paul or Williams is coming back, he stays.
sub-category: it would reflect poorly on us to trade him and his salary is cumbersome
Jermaine O'Neal - What we need despite a poor start.

Probably staying, but could be pried
Jamario Moon - Best bargain in the league, and he plays defence!
Anthony Parker - Not our best player, but he's our only SG and he's deadly from the outside.
Andrea Bargnani - He's finally showing something... shame he can suddenly no longer start.

Available, but useful to us
Jason Kapono - He's a good player to have around Bosh but we'd definitely listen to offers.
Kris Humphries - Good rebounder, horrific at everything else. He's young and cheap though.

Cannon fodder
Will Solomon - He looks like he might be a capable backup PG. That doesn't vault him too high.
Roko Ukic - How do you get into a doghouse in about three games, all wins? I don't know. Roko does.
Joey Graham - Please, just take him! He's a juicy $2M expiring, so he could tip the balance of a deal.
Nathan Jawai - I want to see this guy, but he's not exactly the franchise.
Hassan Adams - I temporarily forgot he existed. That tells you all you need to know.

What we want for this mess:
As mentioned, a slashing SG/SF who can play some kind of defence would be nice. I'd also like the guy to be able to knock down shots though, especially if Parker and/or Kapono are traded for him. The backup PG issue depends on how well Solomon plays. I'd be willing to trade for a PG/SG who could play behind Calderon and Parker. A project centre might not hurt either, if only to learn from JO and foul people.

Looking back, it's hilarious to see how delusionally optimistic I was. Move everyone but Humphries and Ukic into the "Cannon fodder" category (okay, Bosh and Calderon are "Cannon fodder plus") and put the aforementioned Humphries and Ukic into the "we like them, but they aren't vital" category. Yes, that's the best designation we have.
Schadenfreude wrote:Not going to lie, if I found out that one of the seemingly illiterate morons we'd banned on the Raptors board was Primoz Brezec, it'd pretty much make my decade.
WetCoast
Junior
And1: 0

Post#64 » by WetCoast » Tue Mar 3, 2009 3:36 am

OKC could use Jesus. How good would Kevin Durant be then?
old rem wrote:Roy is good but ..get serious. Ellis is about even and may be better before long.

Ticket_Stub wrote:Roy, Portland can only get better unless they get worse.

Return to Trades and Transactions