ImageImageImage

College players thread/ Draft Related thread

Moderators: Domejandro, Worm Guts, Calinks

revprodeji
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 8
Location: Freedom consists not in doing what we like, but in having the right to do what we ought

Re: College players thread/ Draft Related thread 

Post#741 » by revprodeji » Sun Mar 1, 2009 3:55 pm

Yea, A mike miller without a shot, or a skinner Marko Jaric. worry about Calathes. I think in time he could be a steve blake or maybe even a Jarrett Jack type pg, but he is a project with limited upside.

Teague is a project to a large degree too. That is something we simply have to accept is that most the pg prospects (*other than RUbio) are going to take 2 years or so before they are ready to give us anything.
http://www.timetoshop.org
Weight management, Sports nutrition and more...
PeeDee
Sixth Man
And1: 76

Post#742 » by PeeDee » Sun Mar 1, 2009 4:10 pm

Calathes is shooting 50% from the field and 42% from 3. Perhaps Mike Miller is Nick Calathes without a shot...

I like him. Wouldn't take him with our pick or Miami's though. I'd take a shot if we got Utah's pick, perhaps.
revprodeji
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
Location: Freedom consists not in doing what we like, but in having the right to do what we ought

Post#743 » by revprodeji » Sun Mar 1, 2009 5:24 pm

We will likely not have utahs this year.

If we took Calathes with the later pick, that means we skip a pg with the miami pick. That could be risky. We need to leave this draft with either Evans, Curry or Holiday at the Miami pick.

I am getting very excited about Curry with the Miami pick. Curry isn’t scoring quite as efficiently as last season, but he’s become even more prolific—currently ranking as the #1 scorer in college basketball any way you slice it. His 3-point percentages are down by almost 6%, but he is getting to the free throw line at a much better rate to compensate, and shoots 87% once there. Best of all, Curry’s assist numbers are through the roof now that he’s taken over the point guard duties full time from Jason Richards (who graduated), dishing out twice as many this season while only increasing his turnovers marginally. He’s also become one of the best ball-thieves in college basketball, at over 3 steals per game.
jgozalb
Junior
And1: 0

Post#744 » by jgozalb » Sun Mar 1, 2009 5:41 pm

Another great game by Rubio today. He feels completly recovered from his injure now.

17 points
6 assits
4 rebounds
3 steals

2p-3/6 50%
3p-2/3 67%
1p-5/5 100%

In less than 20 minutes

Catalonian TV broadcasters stated today during his game that if Rubio feels pretty sure to be a Top3 he is going to declare (they have great insiders)
revprodeji
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#745 » by revprodeji » Sun Mar 1, 2009 5:49 pm

Rubio will likely go top 2. He is the best pg on the board and the only debate is Griffin or Rubio. Harden seems to be the #3, but doubt he overtakes Rubio.

Wow I want Rubio so bad.
Devilzsidewalk
RealGM
And1: 5,943

Post#746 » by Devilzsidewalk » Sun Mar 1, 2009 7:52 pm

Cole Aldrich has had like 5 highlight dunks already
Worm Guts
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
And1: 10,563

Post#747 » by Worm Guts » Sun Mar 1, 2009 8:01 pm

He's only got 6 points
Devilzsidewalk
RealGM

Post#748 » by Devilzsidewalk » Sun Mar 1, 2009 8:02 pm

we should film a Die Hard 3 spoof of Rubio's euro team holding Rev hostage if he wants Rubio

It's 9:50 Rev. The number 3 train is arriving now. I left something provocative on that train Rev. Simon says get to the pay phone next to the news kiosk at Wall Street station by 10:20 or you won't get Rubio. Use any means of travel other than civilian, you don't get Rubio. Attempt to evacuate the subway, you don't get Rubio. I call you in 30 minutes. Be there.

naturally it's all just a diversion while they rob the Federal Reserve Bank
Devilzsidewalk
RealGM

Post#749 » by Devilzsidewalk » Sun Mar 1, 2009 8:05 pm

Worm Guts wrote:He's only got 6 points

4 then , one didn't count because it was after the whistle
hotshotschamp
Rookie
And1: 14

Post#750 » by hotshotschamp » Sun Mar 1, 2009 8:15 pm

I think Terrence Williams would make a brilliant pick with the wolves somewhere in the first round ( not with our first pick ).

This kid ALWAYS fills up the stat sheet.

He rebounds well, passes well, and can score a bit, very athletic player. I'm not even saying he'll be a NBA starter, but he's one of those guys who could be a killer 2nd unit player, and destroy players.

I Think he's the kind of guy you win with.
Devilzsidewalk
RealGM

Post#751 » by Devilzsidewalk » Sun Mar 1, 2009 8:19 pm

I agree, lots of energy and versatile, would be a nice player off the bench
jgozalb
Junior
And1: 0

Post#752 » by jgozalb » Sun Mar 1, 2009 10:03 pm

Here is the games video

http://acbtv.acb.com/video/1484

Look for the highlight assit from ricky
Worm Guts
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
And1: 10,563

Post#753 » by Worm Guts » Sun Mar 1, 2009 11:18 pm

revprodeji wrote:We will likely not have utahs this year.

The pick is top 22 protected, right? Utah is 1 game out of the 23 spot.
karch34
Lead Assistant
And1: 730

Post#754 » by karch34 » Mon Mar 2, 2009 2:24 pm

Dr.Krapinsky wrote:
PeeDee wrote:Tyreke "chopped liver" Evans has something to say about your rankings.

That's a good point. I was jsut using the players Deeney used. Adding others migth look something liek this:

Tier 1: Rubio (picks 1-2)
Tier 2: Harden (picks 3-4)
Tier 3: Evans/Jennings/Holiday (picks 5-8)
Tier 4: Teague/Curry/Lawson/Turner/Warren (picks 9-15)
Tier 5: Henderson/Derozan/Budinger/Maynor/Flynn/Collison/Mills (picks 16-30)

That's pretty close to my thoughts. I actually like Henderson a lot and think he'll be a very good SG in the NBA. I'd rank him higher, but at the same time we have needs at other positions so it makes taking a SG not named Harden tough.
Krapinsky
RealGM
And1: 1,929

Post#755 » by Krapinsky » Mon Mar 2, 2009 11:14 pm

Anybody seen the Sylven Landesberg kid play? From Virginia I believe? 18 and 6. He's a freshman SG with prototypical size. He made Ford's who's hot column this week. I have yet to see him play.
FinnTheHuman wrote: Your post is just garbage.

NewWolvesOrder wrote:Garbage post, indeed.
deeney0
RealGM
And1: 9

Post#756 » by deeney0 » Tue Mar 3, 2009 11:49 pm

This draft sucks at the top, but it sucks deep, in the sense that talent that would have fallen to the 2nd last year might get picked in the lotto this year, but that same level will hold into at least the start of the second this year. It's level. Wolves could end up with three players who are solid contributes, even if there lotto pick is probably going to be a disappointment. It's a bad draft to package and move up, though. Why trade 22+28 for 18, eg, if all three picks are roughly the same?

I don't think it's worth taking 2 point guards. I'd go either 1-3 or 3-1 with the first two picks, assuming no Harden.
PeeDee
Sixth Man
And1: 76

Post#757 » by PeeDee » Wed Mar 4, 2009 2:31 am

:lol: :lol: :lol:

DX now has DeMar DeRozan's best case as Gerald Green :o

Worst Case? Rodney Carney :o :o :o

Funny considering Carn-o-saurus is 1000x the player the Gerald Green is.
Krapinsky
RealGM
And1: 1,929

Post#758 » by Krapinsky » Wed Mar 4, 2009 2:56 am

I did some research on Sylven Landesberger.

Although he has prototypical height for a SG prospect, he seems to play smaller than his height suggests. He's able to slither his way through the lane by being deceptively quick to turn the corner, however he is not overly athletic or explosive. He is someone who could really improve his stock, merely by waiting for his body to mature. He reminds of a cross between Brandon Roy and Rip Hamilton, only without the mid range J of Hamilton or the shooting ability of Roy.
FinnTheHuman wrote: Your post is just garbage.

NewWolvesOrder wrote:Garbage post, indeed.
horaceworthy
Head Coach
And1: 250

Post#759 » by horaceworthy » Thu Mar 5, 2009 8:02 pm

Dr.Krapinsky wrote:Anybody seen the Sylven Landesberg kid play? From Virginia I believe? 18 and 6. He's a freshman SG with prototypical size. He made Ford's who's hot column this week. I have yet to see him play.

I saw him play when he came to the Barn in the Big Ten/ACC challenge. I didn't come away all that impressed. He grabbed a handful of rebounds, but went something like 1-10 from the field. He had trouble getting into the lane, and even when he did, he had trouble finishing over Sampson III, Iverson and Damian Johnson. It was likely just one of those off nights that everybody has, and the Gophers are a good shotblocking team, but that's the only time I've seen him.
"A while back,'' Cardinal said, "I took a picture of the standings and texted it to Love, just to bust his chops,'' Cardinal said. "He sent me a picture back of a snowdrift.''
revprodeji
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#760 » by revprodeji » Fri Mar 6, 2009 4:54 pm

I have been watching a bit of Clark and AFA.

Clark looks inconsistent and uninterested at times, but wow he has a toolbox to work with. he will be a gamble for that. He could be a cross between Green/Owens but he could also be a guy that never starts and coaches cant stand.

AFA has a lot of heart. Plays his mind out. But he is a long term prospect. He likely would not contribute in the rotation for a year or 2. But he is very young and has a good work ethic. he crashes the boards and works great in transition. He has a high BBIQ and maybe even a point-fwd potential.

Return to Minnesota Timberwolves