ImageImageImageImageImage

I hate this season (formerly Tapscott/Vets thread)

Moderators: LyricalRico, nate33, montestewart

Wizards2Lottery
RealGM
And1: 26

Re: Tapscott and the Veterans are what I HATE about this team! 

Post#61 » by Wizards2Lottery » Sat Mar 14, 2009 8:33 pm

The last thing I want to say is, I'm not so much disappointed that Jamison is throwing people under the bus, but it's the context of his words. His whole talk of "the guys coming back" and putting others in their place basically suggests that the locker room is divided. No team can succeed or go anywhere with a split in the locker room. Jamison isn't doing anyone any favors by putting the blame on others, despite how much they deserve it (or don't).
McGully Culkin
Sophomore
And1: 19

Post#62 » by McGully Culkin » Sun Mar 15, 2009 1:47 pm

I didn't know exactly where to post this, but I was reading about Wale (DC Rapper) going to his first Caps game last night...he had an interesting comment on the Wizards.....it kind of echos the sentiments of Jamison and some of the other vets...assuming they aren't the ones he is talking about...

So, Wale's report on his first hockey experience: the intermissions were too long. There weren't all that many black faces in the crowd. But the result on the ice, he said, was something this town needs about now: the team unity, the way the Caps "bundle up" after goals, and the way they win. Take the Wizards, for example.

"I don't want to look like I'm a Wizards hater," he said, "because I'm the ultimate D.C. supporter. I just question their effort sometimes, especially when you see them out in the club after a loss. Why are they always out in the club?"

http://voices.washingtonpost.com/dcspor ... .html#more
FreeBalling
Starter
And1: 218

Post#63 » by FreeBalling » Sun Mar 15, 2009 2:10 pm

I would like to present Ed "Flush Me" Tapscott with the rotation award for his 1st year.

Way to go FLUSH TAP you've earned it. You've grinded down the Vets, your the BEST.

I'm also seeking professional help from an 11 year old to address Flush Tap in a letter. The letter would look something like this about playing the vets.

FINAL UPDATE
With full military honors, Master Sgt. James W Holt was laid to rest at Arlington National Cemetery today. May 15
You Are Not Forgotten
RIP Master Sergent Holt :usa:

The ultimate sacrifice http://taskforceomegainc.org/H061.html
dandridge 10
Veteran
And1: 537

Post#64 » by dandridge 10 » Sun Mar 15, 2009 4:56 pm

doclinkin wrote:Best thing about this draft is the depth of seriously competitive individuals with 'win' as their only desire. This team needs an infusion of the right kind of attitude. Coach down, and from the newest rookie on up.

Griffin, Harden, Hill, Blair, Curry from of the top of the draft on down there are a ton of fighters and veteran upperclassmen.

I think this post sums up what is wrong with some of our young kids (not all). I expect some level of immaturity from 20-23 year olds. But, at the same time, at a professional level, I expect there to be an overwhelming competitiveness to win, get better and gain more playing time. This I don't see from guys like Blatche, Young and sometimes with McGee. As much as everyone on this board can criticize the coaching staff on this team, one thing that you can't say is that they have not been clear on what is expected from the younger guys...all season they have made it clear they expect effort, hard work and professionalism on the court and off. Because Dom and Crit have met these expectations, they are being rewarded with more playing time (even if their play, at times, has been less than spectacular). Its not like Blatche, Young and McGee don't know what it will take to get more minutes. They don't need to score...all they are expected to do is hustle, rebound, play defense, put in extra work off the court, and act like a professional. These are all things they can do if they want more minutes...just ask Dom and Crit. The fact that Blatche and Young (and to a much less degree McGee) haven't done these things and made the best of the opportunity that was handed to them this year because of the injuries, is an indictment of them. I don't feel sorry for them at all.

I'm not saying that the young guys are to blame for this pathetic season. There is plenty of blame to go around there, including management, coaching staff and vets. But, all I hear on this board is criticism of everyone BUT some of the young guys, particularly those like Blatche and Young which were expected to contribute way more than they have. And I'd be willing to bet all my money that it is primarly these two guys that are the chief goofballs in the locker room.

At this point, I've seen enough of Blatche and Young that I could care less if they are on this team next year. Give me some of the guys Doc lists in his post...those seriously competitive individuals with "win" as there only desire.
dobrojim
RealGM
And1: 3,349

Post#65 » by dobrojim » Sun Mar 15, 2009 9:09 pm

While I generally agree with the tenor of Dandridge's comments I would
nitpik a little and say that as in the case with Etan, it's not always about
effort. It's about knowing how to play. McGee I think tries. Maybe too hard.
But he hasn't learned how to play. I think he'll get it sooner or later.

I'm definitely less hopeful about AB and New York. This is AB's 4th year
although the first was pretty much wasted after getting shot. In his case
it does SEEM to be about effort at times. In fairness to him, when he goes
out and plays hard, he tends to pick up fouls like crazy. So sometimes when
he tried to let the game come to him, he doesn't get in foul trouble. But he's
not as effective (duh). New York just doesn't seem to know what to do unless
he's the focus of the offense and taking every shot. That said both these guys
have all the physical tools necessary to be fully successful.

The effort these guys need is in the area of preparation and practice. Not
necessarily game time. In that regard, it's hard to blame mgmt/Taps for not
just throwing them out there. That said, it's easy to say play them when the alt
is what it often is (or has been).
A lot of what we call 'thought' is just mental activity

When you are accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression

Those who are convinced of absurdities, can be convinced to commit atrocities
closg00
RealGM
And1: 3,545

Post#66 » by closg00 » Mon Mar 16, 2009 5:26 pm

Ernie (VA): Is Tapscott ruining the future development of Washington's young players? For a former head of player development, I can't ever recall seeing someone so hamfisted with developing young players.

David Thorpe: Truthfully, I always wonder about "player develpment" guys in the NBA. I get knocked by NBA guys for not being raised up through the NBA, but in reality, going through the high school rnaks is much tougher. If you don't develop your guys at that level, you lose, period. No trades or draft picks, unless you are at Oak Hill.
DCZards
RealGM
And1: 3,988

Post#67 » by DCZards » Mon Mar 16, 2009 6:17 pm

dandridge 10 wrote:

I'm not saying that the young guys are to blame for this pathetic season. There is plenty of blame to go around there, including management, coaching staff and vets. But, all I hear on this board is criticism of everyone BUT some of the young guys, particularly those like Blatche and Young which were expected to contribute way more than they have. And I'd be willing to bet all my money that it is primarly these two guys that are the chief goofballs in the locker room.

Why blame the young guys when you can blame Jamison for everything that's wrong with the Zards? That seems to be the approach for many posters.

AJ's playing a ton of minutes, often against double and triple teams, and continues to play at a high level. Yet he's the Wizards number one vilian, if you read some of the posts here. Despite his shortcomings, Jamison busts his butt--even though you often can't tell by the outcome on the defensive end.

As for AJ's criticism of the younguns': Jamison knows far better than any one on this board what goes on in the locker room and on the practice court. So when he blasts Blatche, Young, etc., I tend to believe it's for a good reason. Some might call it tough love.
jimij
Analyst
And1: 18

Post#68 » by jimij » Mon Mar 16, 2009 6:52 pm

DCZards wrote:
As for AJ's criticism of the younguns': Jamison knows far better than any one on this board what goes on in the locker room and on the practice court. So when he blasts Blatche, Young, etc., I tend to believe it's for a good reason. Some might call it tough love.

Some might also call it hypocrisy. I agree that Jamision has every right to question some of the young guys focus, professionalism and preparation (NY, AB and McGee in particular), but I find it ridiculous for him to continuously bitch about their defense or being out of position. Let's just say that on one end of the court, there couldn't be a worse role model than AJ. Not to mention the fact that this year Twan and AJ have basically played a 2 or 3 man game where it seems that the only guys they'll ever pass the ball to are each other or Songaila. If you're not going to actually play team basketball, its hard to expect everyone to want to follow along with what you say since its just empty words.

I like AJ and unlike Caron I don't feel like he ever gave up at any point this season, but I'm sick of hearing him whining in the press about the young'uns. For his entire career he's put up empty numbers or bad to middling teams because for all the points and rebounds, he doesn't really lead teams to W's since he gives up just as much on the other end and certainly doesn't make his teammates better. The guy has won one playoff series in his entire career but acts like he's got three rings on each hand judging by his superiority complex.
yungal07
Banned User
And1: 2

Post#69 » by yungal07 » Mon Mar 16, 2009 8:22 pm

jimij wrote:
DCZards wrote:

Some might also call it hypocrisy. I agree that Jamision has every right to question some of the young guys focus, professionalism and preparation (NY, AB and McGee in particular), but I find it ridiculous for him to continuously bitch about their defense or being out of position. Let's just say that on one end of the court, there couldn't be a worse role model than AJ. Not to mention the fact that this year Twan and AJ have basically played a 2 or 3 man game where he seems that the only guys they'll ever pass the ball to are each other or Songaila. If you're not going to actually play team basketball, its hard you can't expect everyone to want to follow along with what you say since its just empty words.

I like AJ and unlike Caron I don't feel like he ever gave up at any point this season, but I'm sick of hearing him whining in the press about the young'uns. For his entire career he's put up empty numbers or bad to middling teams becauase for all the points and rebounds, the doesn't really lead teams to W's since he gives up just as much on the other end and certainly doesn't make his teammates better. The guy has won one playoff series in his entire career but acts like he's got three rings on each hand judging by his superiority complex.

+1

Great post...
fishercob
RealGM
And1: 1,571

Post#70 » by fishercob » Mon Mar 16, 2009 11:21 pm

jimij wrote:
DCZards wrote:

Some might also call it hypocrisy. I agree that Jamision has every right to question some of the young guys focus, professionalism and preparation (NY, AB and McGee in particular), but I find it ridiculous for him to continuously bitch about their defense or being out of position. Let's just say that on one end of the court, there couldn't be a worse role model than AJ. Not to mention the fact that this year Twan and AJ have basically played a 2 or 3 man game where it seems that the only guys they'll ever pass the ball to are each other or Songaila. If you're not going to actually play team basketball, its hard to expect everyone to want to follow along with what you say since its just empty words.

I like AJ and unlike Caron I don't feel like he ever gave up at any point this season, but I'm sick of hearing him whining in the press about the young'uns. For his entire career he's put up empty numbers or bad to middling teams because for all the points and rebounds, he doesn't really lead teams to W's since he gives up just as much on the other end and certainly doesn't make his teammates better. The guy has won one playoff series in his entire career but acts like he's got three rings on each hand judging by his superiority complex.

I think Jamison's sucky defense is mostly due to his physical limitations. I think he tries on D, he's just slow and undersized. dandridge's courtside account of the other night leads me to believe that Jamison's doing what's asked of him on D. To be clear, Jamison's D sucks, but I don't think he lacks credibility when bitching at teammates for poor effort or lack of mental preparedness.

"Empty stats" and "empty numbers" are phrases that are used all the time on this board, often when knocking Jamison. Can I get a little definition as to what that phrase means? From what I can surmise, "empty stats" really means "incomplete stats" or "crappy teammates." The phrase is used when a guy has good box score stats but his team doesn't win much.

In Jamison's case, his box score stats say he's a great offensive player. I think that is indeed the case. It doesn't tell the whole story of Jamison's value as a player -- and that gets to the crux of the flawed nature of basketball box score stats. It would be helpful if DRtg, win score, rebound rate and some other stats became more a part of the everyday hoops vernacular.

As to teammates, because the Wizards don't win doesn't make Jamison's stats any less meaningful. Were Kobe's stats "empty" before the Lakers traded for Gasol and became a contender again? Were KG's stats empty in Minnesota because he mostly has crap-ass teammates? No, their stats were just as meaningful, but to quote adidas "it takes five."

To me, empty stats are stats accumulated in garbage time, and would thus only be applicable to very small sample sizes (you're not going to have a guy average 20 and 10, but only accumulate those numbers during garbage time). Thus, I don't buy that Jamison puts up empty stats. I'm certainly open to changing that view if someone can effectively argue otherwise.
"Some people have a way with words....some people....not have way."
ā€” Steve Martin
miller31time
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 2,125

Post#71 » by miller31time » Mon Mar 16, 2009 11:27 pm

I don't think Jamison produces "empty stats" (a phrase I use when describing players like Jamal Crawford who look good statistically but are woefully inefficient, or players like Zach Randolph who stifle the offense with ball-hogging tendencies and an incomprehensibly low basketball IQ), but I'd assume the definition on this board stems from Antawn giving up roughly the same amount of points he produces, on a nightly basis.

Not sure, though. Like I said, I wouldn't use that terminology for him.
crackhed
Assistant Coach
And1: 66

Post#72 » by crackhed » Mon Mar 16, 2009 11:51 pm

dont like the term either, however it sometimes seems like jamison puts in these herculean performances when it doesnt matter, and when it does matter he's not quite as herculean. key word there being 'seems'.
but he's a pro of high order, and is deserving of the respect he gets for his professionalism and attitude imo.
"I never apologize. I'm sorry but that's just the kind of man I am"
H. Simpson
Wizards2Lottery
RealGM
And1: 26

Post#73 » by Wizards2Lottery » Mon Mar 16, 2009 11:57 pm

In my opinion, no one on this team has any right to talk about defense and defensive problems besides Haywood. Don't care if it's because of physical limitations or just laziness. If you can't defend, shut your trap and do what your good at instead of calling out others.
yungal07
Banned User
And1: 2

Post#74 » by yungal07 » Tue Mar 17, 2009 12:23 am

crackhed wrote:dont like the term either, however it sometimes seems like jamison puts in these herculean performances when it doesnt matter, and when it does matter he's not quite as herculean. key word there being 'seems'.
but he's a pro of high order, and is deserving of the respect he gets for his professionalism and attitude imo.

No you're right.

Aside from the playoff series when the Wizards were without Arenas and Butler, Jamison has been pretty bad in the playoffs. He wasn't good in the Bulls or Heat series, and last season he got outplayed by ben Wallace IMO. He clanked a wide open 3 in game 1 that would have probably won the game for the Wizards.

I don't think Jamison is built for the physicality of the playoffs.
nate33
Forum Mod - Wizards
Forum Mod - Wizards
And1: 19,421

Post#75 » by nate33 » Tue Mar 17, 2009 1:02 am

yungal07 wrote:
crackhed wrote:dont like the term either, however it sometimes seems like jamison puts in these herculean performances when it doesnt matter, and when it does matter he's not quite as herculean. key word there being 'seems'.

No you're right.

Aside from the playoff series when the Wizards were without Arenas and Butler, Jamison has been pretty bad in the playoffs. He wasn't good in the Bulls or Heat series, and last season he got outplayed by ben Wallace IMO. He clanked a wide open 3 in game 1 that would have probably won the game for the Wizards.

I don't think Jamison is built for the physicality of the playoffs.

Jamison was solid in the playoffs during the 04/05 season (18.5 points a game with an above .500 eFG%). He was not-so-good in 05/06. He was awesome in the 06/07 series with Butler and Arenas out. He was lousy last year because Joe Smith owns him defensively. Overall, I've got no problems with Jamison's playoff performance. There certainly isn't any evidence that he plays well when it doesn't matter and plays poorly when it does.
hands11
Banned User
And1: 2,444

Post#76 » by hands11 » Tue Mar 17, 2009 6:34 am

dandridge 10 wrote:
doclinkin wrote:Best thing about this draft is the depth of seriously competitive individuals with 'win' as their only desire. This team needs an infusion of the right kind of attitude. Coach down, and from the newest rookie on up.

Griffin, Harden, Hill, Blair, Curry from of the top of the draft on down there are a ton of fighters and veteran upperclassmen.

I think this post sums up what is wrong with some of our young kids (not all). I expect some level of immaturity from 20-23 year olds. But, at the same time, at a professional level, I expect there to be an overwhelming competitiveness to win, get better and gain more playing time. This I don't see from guys like Blatche, Young and sometimes with McGee. As much as everyone on this board can criticize the coaching staff on this team, one thing that you can't say is that they have not been clear on what is expected from the younger guys...all season they have made it clear they expect effort, hard work and professionalism on the court and off. Because Dom and Crit have met these expectations, they are being rewarded with more playing time (even if their play, at times, has been less than spectacular). Its not like Blatche, Young and McGee don't know what it will take to get more minutes. They don't need to score...all they are expected to do is hustle, rebound, play defense, put in extra work off the court, and act like a professional. These are all things they can do if they want more minutes...just ask Dom and Crit. The fact that Blatche and Young (and to a much less degree McGee) haven't done these things and made the best of the opportunity that was handed to them this year because of the injuries, is an indictment of them. I don't feel sorry for them at all.

I'm not saying that the young guys are to blame for this pathetic season. There is plenty of blame to go around there, including management, coaching staff and vets. But, all I hear on this board is criticism of everyone BUT some of the young guys, particularly those like Blatche and Young which were expected to contribute way more than they have. And I'd be willing to bet all my money that it is primarily these two guys that are the chief goofballs in the locker room.

At this point, I've seen enough of Blatche and Young that I could care less if they are on this team next year. Give me some of the guys Doc lists in his post...those seriously competitive individuals with "win" as there only desire.

This echos a lot of what I have been saying. But with a twist. I just think the complaining and blaming on this board has gotten so out of hand period. People give to little credit for the situation we were in and the progress we have made. There has been tons of progress with the younger players this year and with the team as a whole. You have to admit, this was no where near an ideal situation to get them turned around for a new coach.

Our current coach didn't have them over the summer so he could put in whatever he wanted. And we lost the pieces we needed to even look like an average NBA team for them to grow around.
No PG. No SG. No Center. No way CB and AJ could carry them without that. Even with a Wade or Kobe instead of one of CB or AJ, I doubt they would have won more then 5-10 more games.

But I have seen good progress with all the younger players except OP.

DMAC leads the way obviously. He is like night and day compared to who he was to start the year.
6-9 220 2nd year player and he racked up two 9 assist games this year. All his efficiencies numbers are up. His PER has almost doubled. And for all the progress he has made, I don't think he nearly come into his own yet. He is another year away from getting to 65-75% of his game.

Blatche - bash him if you want but he has also grown a lot this year. Problem is, he isn't a center and that is where they put him because they had to. And unlike those college players you mentioned, he didn't have that experience. He game here and was "coached" by EFJ. Call him Haywood Jr. He got about the same treatment. So yeah, with more vets back in the locker room, things will be different. I don't think they will be divided. I think the atmosphere will just change because there will be more people doing it one way then the other. All of Blatche's efficiency numbers are up this year. Will he ever be KG, not likely. He doesn't have the hops. But he can start at PF, play some SF, he has amazing handles for his size, and he passes. He is at least a solid back up at PF. Has maintained an PER of 15 even without a good support cast and slightly increased minutes.

McGee - I can see his game maturing. He still has a ways to go. Not a fan of him trying those 18 foot turnaround shots and he often gets ahead of himself and he needs to learn how to play better D, but the game will slow down for him. Having Haywood to practice against will help a ton. Keep in mind he didn't have that. And if you think DSong is a foul waiting got happen, take a look at McGees rate. But, he has a PER of 16.67 now. They must be doing something right with him. They certainly haven't broken him. He is a first year 7-0 footer who his mom says is still growing. He should end the year logging about 1000 minutes.

Critter - Has has also come a long way from the kid you couldn't even put on the floor. Shooting .465 now. Still learning the offense. Just imagine him and GA blazing down the floor together on a fast break. Note to Critter. He still needs to get better at FTs. .636% is better then last month but still needs to be in the .780 range or better. But he rebounds nicely. Solid back up player with potential.

Nick - He is pulling up the rear from how I see it. But as of very recently, the light bulb seems to be going on. Since 3/7 he is 20.8Min 22-43FG 5-93Ball 10-12FT and he started to rebound and assist a little more. I also see him smiling less. He looks more serious and focused.

But like you said, the bashing of AJ is blown out of proportion. He has great things to say about DMAC. He is an old school vet. Not a baby sitter. He puts in the work. He is trying to show them by example how to prepare for the games and fight in them. This baby sitter thing is some what new to him. He never had so many kids out there with him or shared a locker room where the young and new faces out numbered the vet core players. I wouldn't bash AJ so much. And that's from someone who has been looking to move him since his second year when I realized his pts where empty because he can't move his feet fast enough to defend at PF so it blows out whole defensive scheme.

But AJ isn't the problem. And Tapps isn't the problem. Actually, I don't see a problem. I see some really bad circumstances that added up to lots of losses but I also see we got a lot accomplished this year.

Actually, more then the goofy kids, I'm worried about goofy vets like DS and Gil. They provided the cover for others to be goofy and kiss ass EFJ allowed it from all those years. When your a goofy vet, specially on as talented as GA, your setting the mark for a goofy kid. They can dream of being really good and getting away with the same crap. EFJ had no control. THe Haywood and Etan fighting in practice like that over and over was embarrassing. DS mouthing off to LaTravel was childish. And I don't even know where to start with GA. GA has been our LeVar Arington.

But given where we were, I'm really not down on the players or the coach. All you have to remember:

1 - We are the most injured team in the league this year. Those injuries were not Tapps fault. GA and Haywood were out before he took over. DS had a back problem and a starting streak he didn't want to let go of. Etan got hurt in a freak accident and we traded our only serviceable PG.

2 - Behind our vets was nothing but inexperienced raw talent and then later, a rusty SG who we needed to play PG because we didn't have one.

3 - No true C. No true PG. And only Dixon as serviceable SG other then moving CB to SG which was a big adjustment for him but the time spent there this year will pay off later.

Now with CB out, we are finally getting to see AJ at SF and Blatche at PF even though that means DSong at center. At least our coach is getting AJ and Blatche minutes were it will matter later.

DSong, Blatche, AJ, DMAC, James

So for all the bashing, I see lots of good decisions and progress that will pay off later. You can't throw "our" young players out there by themselves. They wouldn't have learned what they needed to learn for when Haywood and GA get back. Guess I'm a glass half full person. Given a crappy situation, I think they have done a pretty decent job.
hands11
Banned User

Post#77 » by hands11 » Tue Mar 17, 2009 6:39 am

DaRealHibachi wrote:
ZonkertheBrainless wrote:From the post:
""It's about more than just going out there and playing basketball," Jamison said. "It's about learning the right habits and being professional on and off the court, every day. I know that was something I had to learn when I was a young fella and it's the same for these guys. They have to understand that everything here is earned. Minutes are earned, opportunity is earned, shots are earned. It's a process that some of these guys had better figure out quick because next year, when we have our guys back, they won't be getting anything handed to them. This is a veteran team." "

This is, I guess, the most convincing argument so far why the youngsters aren't being spoon fed - so they don't get into the habit of expecting to be coddled.

But still. You know? Next year is next year, man.

Mr Jamison, I know your not stupid, but this "veteran" team is 15-50 this year... The veterans aren't gettin sh*t done... If we were in playoff contention, it would've been a very different story, but we aren't, so instead of blaming the Young Ones, take a look in the damn mirror... And instead of calling them out all the time, call out the veterans who mess up more on most nights...

Damn this team with all it's damn double standards...:nonono:

Now that is what I call IRONIC

How about practicing what your preaching regarding this coach, AJ and this team.

You paint with the same brush you say AJ is using.
hands11
Banned User

Post#78 » by hands11 » Tue Mar 17, 2009 7:27 am

Tyrone Messby wrote:
It's easier to blame the young guys for the crappy season than for Butler and Jamison to admit that although they are "all-stars" as they see themselves, the two most important players on the team have been out for the whole year and Butler and Jamison are not capable of leading this team to more than 15 wins with less than 20 to play.

It really is ridiculous when you think about it that this team even with "all-stars" Butler and Jamison has only been able to win 15 games so far.

It is mind-numbing to think this team is on par with the 00-01 team (19-63) with such household names as ..
Jahidi White, Michael Smith, Tyrone Nesby, Rip Hamilton, Chris Whitney, Laettner, Popeye Jones, Courtney Alexander, Mitch Richmond, Laron Profit, Loy Vaught, Hubert Davis, and Gerard King.

I mean really, are they really THAT bad? Ugh, it just shows how valuable Haywood and Arenas are to this team. Haywood looks like a young Shaq in terms of his value to this team. :lol:

First off. We are the most injured team in the league.

2nd - as many losses are we are racking up, we still worry it wont be enough to be the worst.

3rd, you mean this team.

http://www.basketball-reference.com/teams/WAS/2001.html

The one that had Howard and Rip averaging 18 pts a game.
And Rod Strickland playing 33 games averaging 12.6 pts 7.5 assists , 3.8 rebounds

J White. That was his best year. We would have been lucky to have someone his size playing center this year. http://www.basketball-reference.com/pla ... eja01.html

That already more then this team has had this year.

They didn't get these other guys till later.
L8ner - our DSong L8 had a solid year won he got here.

Courntey Alexander was our NY
Courntey lit it up for us that year averaging 17 pts a game while here.
http://www.basketball-reference.com/pla ... aco02.html

You made that team should a lot less talented then it was.
At least they had a real PG for part of the year.
Plus White was a true center. Howard was a PF playing center. Sound familiar.

That team had some talent. They were just moving players aruond and dumping contracts.

http://www.basketball-reference.com/box ... 10CHH.html
http://www.basketball-reference.com/box ... 70CHI.html
http://www.basketball-reference.com/box ... 80WAS.html
http://www.basketball-reference.com/box ... 50WAS.html
http://www.basketball-reference.com/box ... 10WAS.html
http://www.basketball-reference.com/box ... 20WAS.html
http://www.basketball-reference.com/box ... 10WAS.html
http://www.basketball-reference.com/box ... 30WAS.html
http://www.basketball-reference.com/box ... 70LAC.html
hands11
Banned User

Post#79 » by hands11 » Tue Mar 17, 2009 7:51 am

Chocolate City Jordanaire wrote:fisher, I think immaturity has something to do with their being 21, 22, or 23 years old.

Shortsightedness in management has too many young guys on the team.

Grunfeld didn't draft mature guys like Millsap or Chalmers when he could have. Instead, he drafted one guy with character issues and another who had major learning disabilities.

ON TOP OF THAT firing a good lockerroom coach, Eddie Jordan, for a complete suckup Ed Tapscott, hasn't helped team chemistry. EJ would have had his favorites, too, but the lockerroom stuff he handled strong behind the scenes. Jordan was a better players coach than Tapscott.

LAST POINT: Jamison's played up to his standards. He has consistently brought it to the best of his ability, which is real good on the offensive end. What he has NEVER DONE is accept his part in the losing. In fact he's blaming the young guys for the losses. That's what I'm upset about. Not his play or his character. I can understand him being upset with the juvenile behavior in the locker room.

The GM drafted those guys.

Where do you get this EFJ was a better locker room coach. You had me rolling on the ground.

And it's probably that juvenile behavior in the locker room before and after the games that is chaffing his rs. Nothing worse then being pissed you lost only to go in a locker and see people who didn't care. I know one thing, if I was AJ or CB, I would be cursing some people out and smashing some lockers. I would be pissed if I saw that on a team I played for and I was one of the leaders.

I would guess if this is really going on and they have tried to get them to change their ways and they won't, then they would be easier to trade. Not sure how all that works. Seems like for the money they make you would be able to lock them in a room and make them study or if they acted up fine them or something. Make them run lapse. I guess so short handed they don't want to loss the team and lower their value so they deal with it the best they can. Maybe they figure a little public embarrassment would at least cover their rs's about the playing time.

Look like Tapps game them a chance to change until his role. They called them out a few times. At it's worst, he called them into his office and then later said he would give them a set by set routine if that is what it would take. Seems like he is handing it fine to me. What I would really like to know is ..... is any of this getting better lately since Tapps last week told them he would baby sit them if he had to. Nick seems to be playing better.
DaRealHibachi
Veteran
And1: 173

Post#80 » by DaRealHibachi » Tue Mar 17, 2009 12:33 pm

hands11 wrote:
DaRealHibachi wrote:
ZonkertheBrainless wrote:From the post:
""It's about more than just going out there and playing basketball," Jamison said. "It's about learning the right habits and being professional on and off the court, every day. I know that was something I had to learn when I was a young fella and it's the same for these guys. They have to understand that everything here is earned. Minutes are earned, opportunity is earned, shots are earned. It's a process that some of these guys had better figure out quick because next year, when we have our guys back, they won't be getting anything handed to them. This is a veteran team." "

This is, I guess, the most convincing argument so far why the youngsters aren't being spoon fed - so they don't get into the habit of expecting to be coddled.

But still. You know? Next year is next year, man.

Mr Jamison, I know your not stupid, but this "veteran" team is 15-50 this year... The veterans aren't gettin sh*t done... If we were in playoff contention, it would've been a very different story, but we aren't, so instead of blaming the Young Ones, take a look in the damn mirror... And instead of calling them out all the time, call out the veterans who mess up more on most nights...

Damn this team with all it's damn double standards...:nonono:

Now that is what I call IRONIC

How about practicing what your preaching regarding this coach, AJ and this team.

You paint with the same brush you say AJ is using.

I don't really understand what you're saying... I have double standards...??? If so, please show me so I know what your talking about...

Anyway, I'm just saying... Jamison should take a good look in the mirror and find his faults first before calling out others... The young guys immaturity, lack of work ethic (or whatever the problem is) isn't any worse than his total lack of defense, both need fixing... They will most probably grow out of it, one may take longer than the other... Jamison's defense was bad, and he hasn't improved ever since...

The young'uns atleast keep their mouth shut... God forbid they call out the Leader of Men...
:beer: Magnumt

Return to Washington Wizards