ImageImageImage

Tom Moore 3.0

Moderators: HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, sixers hoops, Sixerscan, Foshan

ankle420breaker
General Manager
And1: 1,979

Re: Tom Moore 3.0 

Post#361 » by ankle420breaker » Thu Oct 1, 2009 1:47 am

Its day 2 of training camp so I'm not going to rush my judgment. I just worry about seeing Ivey in the rotation and Jrue on the outside looking in during the regular season. I also don't like the idea of Willie Green at point guard over Jrue Holiday... I can understand Green in the rotation over Jrue, but not at point guard... that's just silly.
tk76
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 734

Post#362 » by tk76 » Thu Oct 1, 2009 3:12 am

tmoore wrote:Jordan on Willie Green: "First of all, his teammates look at him as a leader. That’s very big in my book. He leads by example and verbally. He’s going to be there. He’s one of the top three guards (we have)."

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO :vent: :dontknow: :dontknow: :dontknow: :waaa:
bebopdeluxe
RealGM
And1: 3,883

Post#363 » by bebopdeluxe » Thu Oct 1, 2009 3:31 am

tk:

While I want Holiday to move into the rotation as quickly as possible, I think that Jordan is simply being realistic when he says that Green is one of the top three guards on the team. He is. And as I have said in the past, I don't hold that against Willie - it's not his fault that BK gave him that ridiculous contract. It's not WIllie's fault that he has started a lot of games over the past two seasons.

Is it?

When (hopefiully not if) Holiday moves ahead of Green in the rotation, that would make WIllie the 4th guard, which looks about right to me - and I am fine with Green in that role.

Aren't you?
sixerswillrule
RealGM
And1: 3,596

Post#364 » by sixerswillrule » Thu Oct 1, 2009 3:37 am

ankle420breaker wrote: I also don't like the idea of Willie Green at point guard over Jrue Holiday... I can understand Green in the rotation over Jrue, but not at point guard... that's just silly.

Where else would Green be in the rotation over Jrue at? We'll have Iguodala playing most of his 38-40 minutes per game at SG, so there's not many minutes to be had there.
9th Wonder
Assistant Coach
And1: 189

Post#365 » by 9th Wonder » Thu Oct 1, 2009 4:49 am

Green is easily one of the top three guards on this team. That's just a fact.

If we take only last year into account, he's actually our best guard (since Iguodala was a 3, Miller is gone, and Green outplayed Lou).
Dedicated_76ers_fan
Banned User
And1: 2

Post#366 » by Dedicated_76ers_fan » Thu Oct 1, 2009 6:12 am

Green did NOT outplay Lou, it's not possible for Green to outplay anybody.

It's late, but I'll either edit this post or make a new one detailing:

How many 2-8 or 3-9 performances Willie Green had.

To say Willie Green SUCKS is a severe understatement.
BobbyJones
Senior
And1: 0

Post#367 » by BobbyJones » Thu Oct 1, 2009 9:21 am

Dedicated_76ers_fan wrote:Green did NOT outplay Lou, it's not possible for Green to outplay anybody.

It's late, but I'll either edit this post or make a new one detailing:

How many 2-8 or 3-9 performances Willie Green had.

Take your time, but don't forget to do it. In the meantime, you can also think about how you are going to explain away Lou's 39% shooting (versus Willie's 44%), Lou's 28% 3pt shooting (versus Willie's 32%), Lou's higher turnovers (2pg versus 0.8pg), not to mention Lou's out and out gunning, having taken nearly 200 more shots than Willie in roughly one more minute played per game.

In fact, I'm really looking forward to your arguments, because Lou must have done some fantastic things to compensate for sucking a whole lot more than Willie in some pretty key statistical categories. I'm sure that outrebounding Wille by nearly 40 boards had a lot to do with it. But what else?
corwin
Lead Assistant
And1: 13

Post#368 » by corwin » Thu Oct 1, 2009 10:08 am

9th Wonder wrote:Green is easily one of the top three guards on this team. That's just a fact.

If we take only last year into account, he's actually our best guard (since Iguodala was a 3, Miller is gone, and Green outplayed Lou).

Green will get 24 mpg IMO. I suspect Iguodala will get about 20 mpg at the 2 & that will leave 76 mpg. I can see Green getting 24 mpg, Lou getting 36 mpg & 16 mpg will be split between Ivey, Holiday & whoever is on the roster. I'll bet Green plays the point some of those minutes.
dond
Assistant Coach

Post#369 » by dond » Thu Oct 1, 2009 12:12 pm

Willie Green may do very well within the Princeton offense. He is quick (backdoor cuts) , he can shoot the open jumpshot and he can get to the rim. If "willing passers" can get him the ball when be cuts to the basket, he may be a nice piece. I have always liked him (as everyone here knows - LOL) and I would like to see him do well. I know he works hard and I have always told my kids ... If you work hard, good things happen. Well, maybe good things are about to happen for Willie.
If you cannot convince others that you are right, you probably aren't.
bebopdeluxe
RealGM

Post#370 » by bebopdeluxe » Thu Oct 1, 2009 12:27 pm

BobbyJones:

Don't hold your breath waiting for Dedicated's rational, STATISTICS-BASED response.

A thoughtful response from him is putting his azz on the keyboard, letting 'er rip...and then previewing the flatulence first before hitting send.

I honestly cannot see why anybody with substance on this forum chooses to get into a debate with him where rational analysis is involved. He has shown - time and time again - that he is incapable of it. He constantly ignores responses to his posts where posters use logic and statistics to bolster their arguments. He makes blanket, declarative statements about players (particularly college players) that suggest a depth of knowledge of said players that even somebody like Derek Bodner (whose freaking JOB it is to analyze copious amounts of gametape) does not have on this forum. He will repeat assertions about things (like the Sixers cutting Ivey or Brezec) that not only defy any sense of logic based on our knowledge of the team, but are in DIRECT OPPOSITION to one of the key beat writers of the team (whose contacts and understanding of the situation are VASTLY deeper and superior than some internet yabo could ever hope to be).

I anxiously await the DETAILED, SUBSTANTIVE, FACT-BASED response by Dedicated to your post.
BobbyJones
Senior

Post#371 » by BobbyJones » Thu Oct 1, 2009 12:39 pm

bebopdeluxe wrote:I anxiously await the DETAILED, SUBSTANTIVE, FACT-BASED response by Dedicated to your post.

Me too. I can hardly wait. It will be like Christmas in October. Well, maybe not that good. But certainly like a dose of laxative making its way through your system after a week of only eating cheese (at least how I imagine that would feel).
sweetlou23
Bench Warmer
And1: 55

Post#372 » by sweetlou23 » Thu Oct 1, 2009 1:30 pm

9th Wonder wrote:Green is easily one of the top three guards on this team. That's just a fact.

So green is now the best guard on the sixers? Do you really believe that? you need four different qualifiers in your statement to get to your conclusion.

Also are you also saying that you would rather have willie green than lou on the sixers? Are you saying willie green is better than lou williams?

finally, whats with the lynch mob mentality against dedicated? you can call him on the facts (or lack thereof) and his opinions without trying to beat him down. i'm just saying...
tk76
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 734

Post#373 » by tk76 » Thu Oct 1, 2009 2:33 pm

Tom, is there any more inside info about Sam's shoulder. Does the team have a position on whether he should have gotten it repaired in the offseason? All we have is Sam's statement about deciding to let it heal on its own. Any statement from actual medical personnel?

Not trying to drum up contreversy if there is none, just curious.
bebopdeluxe
RealGM

Post#374 » by bebopdeluxe » Thu Oct 1, 2009 2:36 pm

sweetlou:

If you cannot understand where BobbyJones and I (and I am sure many, many others on this forum) are coming from in terms of Dedicated's posting style, then I can't help you, bro. Frankly, I get more frustrated at myself...trying to have a rational debate with him...spending the time putting together posts that are substantive and supported by facts and statistics...only to see him either disregard the posts entirely, respond without answering the questions that I pose to him, or simply acting like Homer Simpson-as-town crier...walking to the middle of the towm square and thinking that if he says something long enough and loud enough (like, say, eating Ivey's guaranteed contract to keep Christmas) that it passes the smell test of intellect and logic...despite TONS of rational, substantive information that suggests that he's smoking crack.

THAT is where the "lynch-mob mentality" is coming from. Does that make sense?
sweetlou23
Bench Warmer
And1: 55

Post#375 » by sweetlou23 » Thu Oct 1, 2009 2:50 pm

I understand where its coming from, i just don't see where its going.
bebopdeluxe
RealGM

Post#376 » by bebopdeluxe » Thu Oct 1, 2009 3:04 pm

It's probably going to the "ignore" button.
sixerswillrule
RealGM
And1: 3,596

Post#377 » by sixerswillrule » Thu Oct 1, 2009 3:54 pm

corwin wrote:Green will get 24 mpg IMO. I suspect Iguodala will get about 20 mpg at the 2 & that will leave 76 mpg. I can see Green getting 24 mpg, Lou getting 36 mpg & 16 mpg will be split between Ivey, Holiday & whoever is on the roster. I'll bet Green plays the point some of those minutes.

How will Iguodala get only 20 minutes at the 2?
Typeical
Lead Assistant
And1: 36

Post#378 » by Typeical » Thu Oct 1, 2009 4:09 pm

I was thinking the same thing Iggy will get at least 30 mins at the two. Thad will eat up most the mins at the 3. My guess is that when thad sits thats when green will come in and play in the backcourt with louwill or carney, while iggy slides up to the 3 or kapono subs in.?...

Im a little worried about the green-ivey-jrue situation.
Green is a tweener SG in a PG body. Ivey is a combo guard with no skills. Jrue is a rookie PG that will have to fight for his minutes in a tough system and has alot to learn.
9th Wonder
Assistant Coach
And1: 189

Post#379 » by 9th Wonder » Thu Oct 1, 2009 4:10 pm

sweetlou23 wrote:

So green is now the best guard on the sixers? Do you really believe that? you need four different qualifiers in your statement to get to your conclusion.

Also are you also saying that you would rather have willie green than lou on the sixers? Are you saying willie green is better than lou williams?

finally, whats with the lynch mob mentality against dedicated? you can call him on the facts (or lack thereof) and his opinions without trying to beat him down. i'm just saying...

No I didn't say he was the best guard on the Sixers. I said he was the best guard from the Sixers team last year that is still with the team.

I know that you're a big Lou Williams fan (which is fine, as I like his game too, and hope he can become more efficient and be able to really help the team this year), but Green simply outplayed him last year. Yes, Lou may have had more spectacular performances, but Green was more consistent and put up better numbers. He's also a much better defender.

I sincerely hope that Lou is the better player this year, since this team is likely screwed if he isn't.

I think you're taking my post for more than what it is: Willie Green is a top three guard on this team.

Iguodala
Williams
Green

I think everyone on this board hopes that Lou is better than Willie this year.
tmoore
Head Coach
And1: 109

Post#380 » by tmoore » Thu Oct 1, 2009 4:36 pm

Waiting to go in to watch the final 30-40 minutes of today's early workout.

Return to Philadelphia 76ers