Image ImageImage Image

Captains to be announced today

Moderators: HomoSapien, kulaz3000, Michael Jackson, Ice Man, dougthonus, Tommy Udo 6 , DASMACKDOWN, GimmeDat, Payt10, RedBulls23, coldfish, AshyLarrysDiaper, fleet

League Circles
RealGM
And1: 9,167

Re: Captains to be announced today 

Post#41 » by League Circles » Mon Oct 26, 2009 7:01 pm

I'm fine with Deng and Kirk being Captains I guess. I actually think Deng would be good. Kirk is poor at communicating with the refs - he's always whining.

I don't think guys who laugh as much as Lindsey should be on the team, so I'm definitely not for him being a captain. I've never really agreed with having the players vote for the captains. If I were Vinny I'd just appoint Deng, Rose and Miller to be captains.
https://august-shop.com/ - sneakers and streetwear
Dr Manhattan
Senior
And1: 0

Post#42 » by Dr Manhattan » Mon Oct 26, 2009 7:01 pm

kyrv wrote:
DuckIII wrote:
Dr Manhattan wrote:Looks like I was wrong. Oh well, I still think it's possible guys just don't wanna hurt Deng's feelings by removing him from captain status all of a sudden. Could throw his focus off and create a rift. Deng is clearly not fit to be a leader. Can we all agree on that at least?

Why would anyone agree to something so unknow-able to the outside fan?

Because he's pwned himself in this thread and is now grasping at straws.

----------------------------

It is Rose's team. He's just not a captain. :o

So in the 6 years Deng has been here, about 4 of them he's been captain, you think he's shown good leadership qualities? Do I need to go back to all the times Deng has "pwned" himself when the team needed leadership most?
It's the return of the good Dr., bitches!
Ajosu
Head Coach
And1: 103

Post#43 » by Ajosu » Mon Oct 26, 2009 7:06 pm

DanTown8587 wrote:Rose isn't a vocal team leader, it's never been his thing.

Serious question: Hasn't Kirk been a captain for a while now? If so, I remember him not being such a vocal leader when he first became a captain.

Anyhow, I'd vote for Kirk, Rose, and Noah. Seems to me like the only good reason to make Deng a captain is so we don't hurt his feelings. He might not be horrible as a leader, but I just really think Noah deserves to be a captain. So if Deng must be a captain, I'd say Kirk, Deng, Noah.
AKfanatic
RealGM
And1: 10,068

Post#44 » by AKfanatic » Mon Oct 26, 2009 7:08 pm

Kirk is an obvious choice, just listening to quotes from Rose about Hinrich the past season tells me that Hinrich does in fact show leadership qualities behind the scenes. He has also gotten more vocal the past season or two on the court. Lindsey..meh. But he is the elder statesman and i'm sure his knowledge about the league and life in general is a big bonus for guys like Rose. Luol has always seemed to be a guy that most the team liked, and he's not a bad option as he'd probably be the first guy to lead an injured Bull away from our training staff and into a second opinion.

I'd be so interested to see the voting results for this and past seasons selections
samwana
General Manager
And1: 2,454

Post#45 » by samwana » Mon Oct 26, 2009 7:09 pm

Noah should have been one of them, he's our most vocal leader and I like the way he leads with his energy and enthusiasm.
Magilla_Gorilla
RealGM
And1: 4,451

Post#46 » by Magilla_Gorilla » Mon Oct 26, 2009 7:13 pm

Dr Manhattan wrote:So in the 6 years Deng has been here, about 4 of them he's been captain, you think he's shown good leadership qualities? Do I need to go back to all the times Deng has "pwned" himself when the team needed leadership most?

By injuring himself? He didn't "Michael Caine to the original goalie in Victory" himself - he got injured playing. Clearly the Bulls players disagree with your assessment of Dengs leadership.
Sham - Y U NO sell me a t-shirt? Best OB/GYN Houston
Ajosu
Head Coach
And1: 103

Post#47 » by Ajosu » Mon Oct 26, 2009 7:14 pm

Actually the more I think about it, the more I am okay with Noah not being a captain. As much as I like him, I think that seniority plays a role in deciding captains, too. And with Hunter and Miller on the team, who are both solid choices for captains as well, why not make them captain? It's not like Noah is going to be offended that he didn't get the title. He seems to know his role on the team, and getting the title of captain is not going to change him one bit.
DuckIII
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 33,704

Post#48 » by DuckIII » Mon Oct 26, 2009 7:32 pm

Dr Manhattan wrote:So in the 6 years Deng has been here, about 4 of them he's been captain, you think he's shown good leadership qualities? Do I need to go back to all the times Deng has "pwned" himself when the team needed leadership most?

Last year was the first year Deng was ever a Captain.

And why are you still arguing the point when the team just voted him a Captain and a Bulls insider just told you he might be the most popular player on the team, well respected by his mates?
Once a pickle, never a cucumber again.
Dr Manhattan
Senior
And1: 0

Post#49 » by Dr Manhattan » Mon Oct 26, 2009 7:35 pm

Magilla_Gorilla wrote:

By injuring himself? He didn't "Michael Caine to the original goalie in Victory" himself - he got injured playing. Clearly the Bulls players disagree with your assessment of Dengs leadership.

No, by being the most visibly affected by Kobe rumors, actually playing notably worse. Whining about a contract extension along with BG and going out and jacking up shots outside the offense, instead of playing his game the right way and talking to his teammate in the same situation and getting him to look team-first. And when the rest of the team was tuning Skiles out, Deng just went right along with it instead of reminding his teammates that sticking to Skiles system has worked for them in the past and they all just need to stick together. Or what about at the beginning of last year with him whining in the media about his touches and the obvious jealousy he showed towards Rose because he was the new toy. Or what about this preseason, when he has routinely killed our rhythm by stopping the ball, trying to go one on one (sub-20% success rate for him), which has typically resulted in either a turnover or airball. I can go on and on about Dung. And, yes, I know it's played out, but I refuse to call him by his real name until he stops being a complete tool.

People kill a guy like Tyrus about "not knowing his role", but Dung's on-court transgressions are often more egregious, yet he gets a pass and is supposedly trying to "get his rhythm back". Newsflash, idiot: high volume of one-on-one play and those pitiful attempts at triple threat moves has never been part of your "rhythm" or in your repertoire. It's like he thinks he's Melo or something. One of my main fears this year is that Dung continues that act (and consequently continues to blow balls), Vinny continues to play him big minutes due to contract status, and Dung takes a big dump on whatever success we hope to have this year. He says all the right things in the media and that apparently has most of you fooled, despite what he does on the court.
It's the return of the good Dr., bitches!
Tommy Udo 6
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 28

Post#50 » by Tommy Udo 6 » Mon Oct 26, 2009 7:37 pm

DuckIII wrote:

Last year was the first year Deng was ever a Captain.

And why are you still arguing the point when the team just voted him a Captain and a Bulls insider just told you he might be the most popular player on the team, well respected by his mates?

I think last year was indeed the only Deng captaincy. Kirk has been captain every year except his rookie season. These are the 2 longest serving Bulls
The gem cannot be polished without friction, nor man perfected without trials.
- -- Chinese proverb
Ctownbulls
RealGM
And1: 3,715

Post#51 » by Ctownbulls » Mon Oct 26, 2009 7:37 pm

What a joke...

Hinrich has admitted that he is not a vocal leader, so if he and Rose both lack that quality then why shouldn't Rose be the captain over him.

Rose should step up and demand to be captain and grasp the team like it is his.

Hinrich, Deng, Hunter??? Please, our worst starter and two bench players, one who will play less then 2 mpg.

Rose needed to be a captain and I think Joakim should have been one also, he has more heart then anybody and is definitely vocal.
Rerisen
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 25,052

Post#52 » by Rerisen » Mon Oct 26, 2009 7:40 pm

#1TKfan wrote:670 the score just announced deng, hunter and hinrich are captains.

Fine... as long as its legal to trade team captains. :lol:
BOBBA LUI
Banned User
And1: 1

Post#53 » by BOBBA LUI » Mon Oct 26, 2009 7:41 pm

I hope Deng plays like he deserves that role.
It's a nice juesture to Kirk, since he's not starting anymore.
Hunter? If an old vet was to get it, I'd prefer B.Mill$
SlimD235
Assistant Coach
And1: 483

Post#54 » by SlimD235 » Mon Oct 26, 2009 7:44 pm

Rerisen wrote:
#1TKfan wrote:670 the score just announced deng, hunter and hinrich are captains.

lol. It didn't stop us from trading Drew Gooden. Nor will it stop GSW from trading Captain Jack.

Rose and Noah will indirectly lead by exam. Those two should be beasts night in and night out. Kirk and Deng have the playoff experience to bring us back to reality. Hunter is just there to cheerlead
Bulls_MIT
Analyst
And1: 47

Post#55 » by Bulls_MIT » Mon Oct 26, 2009 7:49 pm

SlimD235 wrote:
Rerisen wrote:

lol. It didn't stop us from trading Drew Gooden. Nor will it stop GSW from trading Captain Jack.

Rose and Noah will indirectly lead by exam. Those two should be beasts night in and night out. Kirk and Deng have the playoff experience to bring us back to reality. Hunter is just there to cheerlead

... and to laugh. :lol:
jax98
RealGM
And1: 3,013

Post#56 » by jax98 » Mon Oct 26, 2009 7:51 pm

I've never believed in having captains who weren't one of the best players on the team.

But since this is the players' selections, who am I to complain?
Ralphb07
RealGM
And1: 5,955

Post#57 » by Ralphb07 » Mon Oct 26, 2009 8:03 pm

I like Hunter being a Capt, he seems very vocal and has the respect from all the players. Lu and Kirk are the longest tenure guys so I can see why with them
sdhoops
Sophomore
And1: 14

Post#58 » by sdhoops » Mon Oct 26, 2009 8:05 pm

Ctownbulls wrote:What a joke...

Hinrich has admitted that he is not a vocal leader, so if he and Rose both lack that quality then why shouldn't Rose be the captain over him.

Rose should step up and demand to be captain and grasp the team like it is his.

Hinrich, Deng, Hunter??? Please, our worst starter and two bench players, one who will play less then 2 mpg.

Rose needed to be a captain and I think Joakim should have been one also, he has more heart then anybody and is definitely vocal.

While I have no problem with Rose being a captain, being vocal by ranting and raving isn't necessarily a great leadership trait. Hinrich is one of those guys that goes out there and he works hard and does his job. Teams rally around those hard-working types and raise their level of play when they see someone diving into the scorer's table for a loose ball. Until I see Rose diving on the floor, making numerous hustle plays and play defense then he has no right to be a captain over Hinrich.

EDIT: I'm not saying Rose is a ranting/raving type either. I know the guy is very quiet. I was just trying to show the type of leadership that Hinrich brings opposed to what many people view as leadership (vocal)
sco
RealGM
And1: 7,666

Post#59 » by sco » Mon Oct 26, 2009 8:23 pm

The whole captain thing seems like an honorary title for vets that management wants to recognize, appease, or otherwise appeal to their egos. What do they actually do...go out before games and smile at the refs?
:clap:
Slip7
Veteran
And1: 69

Post#60 » by Slip7 » Mon Oct 26, 2009 8:26 pm

deng as a captain is a joke. hes so emo

Return to Chicago Bulls