Game Dread: Warriors vs. Pistons

Moderators: Sleepy51, Chris Porter's Hair, floppymoose

Sleepy51
Forum Mod - Warriors
Forum Mod - Warriors
And1: 2,321

Re: Game Dread: Warriors vs. Pistons 

Post#201 » by Sleepy51 » Mon Dec 14, 2009 12:16 am

brownwarriors wrote:The rotations and coaches on this team are a joke. Why would we be tanking for such a weak draft class? It just doesn't make any sense.

It's always perceived as a weak draft class this time of year. No one good has played anyone good yet. There is no such thing as a good NCAA upperclassman anymore, so they all look like kids until they learn something over the next 3 months.

Even is a weak draft class, when you have the kind of injuries (like 3/4 of your frontline rotation) that you have top 3 lotto loss potential, you go for it. You don't even think about it. If it's a 2 deep draft, you trade the 3 pick and get a vet difference maker. Those top picks have major value no matter how weak the draft class.
Jester_ wrote:Can we trade Draymond Green for Grayson Allen?
BROWN
RealGM
And1: 74

Post#202 » by BROWN » Mon Dec 14, 2009 12:21 am

Sleepy51 wrote:
brownwarriors wrote:The rotations and coaches on this team are a joke. Why would we be tanking for such a weak draft class? It just doesn't make any sense.

It's always perceived as a weak draft class this time of year. No one good has played anyone good yet. There is no such thing as a good NCAA upperclassman anymore, so they all look like kids until they learn something over the next 3 months.

Even is a weak draft class, when you have the kind of injuries (like 3/4 of your frontline rotation) that you have top 3 lotto loss potential, you go for it. You don't even think about it. If it's a 2 deep draft, you trade the 3 pick and get a vet difference maker. Those top picks have major value no matter how weak the draft class.

Yeah you're right, but with the luck this franchise has were gonna be stuck in the 7th, 8th spot, even after tanking. It's just bound to happen. If we're tanking and we don't get a top 3 pick, the season becomes a waste.
Chris Cohan
Banned User
And1: 1

Post#203 » by Chris Cohan » Mon Dec 14, 2009 12:30 am

Sleepy51 wrote:
Chris Cohan wrote:
Sleepy51 wrote:Nellie was not dicking with AR.

You should have your agent find a trade.

This year.

You tried this LAST year, too, and you said all of that now-acknowledged Nellie BS was not actually happening. THIS year, Steinmetz was crystal clear:

Nellie and Randolph is a majorly dysfunctional relationship NOW.
Marcus is pushing the Team Version, in which they aren't happy with Randolph because he "makes mistakes."

Give it up. There's no sugar that coats this brewing blow up.
Nellie did it again. Webber Redux. Wright will be gone as soon as he can be, too.

Biedrins on the block.
Thugleavy_34
Pro Prospect
And1: 0

Post#204 » by Thugleavy_34 » Mon Dec 14, 2009 12:31 am

"The luck this franchise has"

It's fun to joke around and all that, but you don't really believe that, do you? We shouldn't tank because we're unlucky?
BROWN
RealGM
And1: 74

Post#205 » by BROWN » Mon Dec 14, 2009 12:39 am

Why tank now? We see it almost every year when we tank. We end up winning games that we need to lose. That eventually drop us to the 7-10 spot. Diogu, POB, Curry...etc.
Sleepy51
Forum Mod - Warriors
Forum Mod - Warriors

Post#206 » by Sleepy51 » Mon Dec 14, 2009 12:41 am

Chris Cohan wrote:
Sleepy51 wrote:
Chris Cohan wrote:
You should have your agent find a trade.

This year.

You tried this LAST year, too, and you said all of that now-acknowledged Nellie BS was not actually happening. THIS year, Steinmetz was crystal clear:

Nellie and Randolph is a majorly dysfunctional relationship NOW.
Marcus is pushing the Team Version, in which they aren't happy with Randolph because he "makes mistakes."

Give it up. There's no sugar that coats this brewing blow up.
Nellie did it again. Webber Redux. Wright will be gone as soon as he can be, too.

Biedrins on the block.

You are misremembering.

I never denied that Nellie had royally befouled himself in mishandling AR to the point of complete meltdown last season. I said that AR was good enough that he changed Nellie's mind. By the end of the year Nellie had all but let him have control of the team.

This year he got set back by injuries against the Lakers brute squad and Baron's ass. As soon as he got his legs back, Nellie started working him in and letting him make mistakes and miss shots and build some confidence and rythm back. I'm sure AR wanted to be playing more, but he was playing, and playing consistently and making progress from what was a rough start to his 2nd year.

This has only recently train-wrecked against Keith Smart's career ambitions.

Nellie ain't perfect, and you will never hear me say that, but at least he's not Keith effin Smart.
Chris Cohan
Banned User

Post#207 » by Chris Cohan » Mon Dec 14, 2009 12:46 am

"INJURIES" and failed team agendas let Randolph do his thing at the end of last year.
It's common knowledge. And he said he was totally healthy several times this season while the team was saying he was hurt. What a team-killing bad attitude cancer.

True, Biedrins isn't disputing. But Marcus sure went to great leangths to say how balky Biedrins looks when he walks. ;-)

Nellie hasn't changed a bit.
Sleepy51
Forum Mod - Warriors
Forum Mod - Warriors

Post#208 » by Sleepy51 » Mon Dec 14, 2009 12:58 am

The woman in my life is a physician. I'm not one, but I have to listen to disgusting clinical descriptions of stuff all the time. I read the description of osteopubis, and I am terrified that Dre is done.

Marcus is supporting Smart because having people who will let him get close to the team is how he pays for his kids Jordans. The sting job they ran on TK had it's intended effect. You'll never hear another beat guy with access attacking the team again.

Newspapers are a dying industry and there's 11% unemployment out there. From what I hear, closer to 20% in CA? Marcus is bought an paid for.
Chris Cohan
Banned User

Post#209 » by Chris Cohan » Mon Dec 14, 2009 1:06 am

If Andris is done, then the team doesn't have to pay him, right?
Is insurance paying him yet?

Claxton, Azubuike, anyone else?

Team is pocketing extra money via insurance hand-over-fist this year.
Sleepy51
Forum Mod - Warriors
Forum Mod - Warriors

Post#210 » by Sleepy51 » Mon Dec 14, 2009 1:10 am

I'm not even kidding. That was the first time I even said it out loud. An instability in your pelvis? How does that ever heal the same again? I'm seriously worried about the guy . . . and us.
Sleepy51
Forum Mod - Warriors
Forum Mod - Warriors

Post#211 » by Sleepy51 » Mon Dec 14, 2009 1:15 am

And FTR, I don't mean "D"one done.

I mean not special anymore done. Limited moiblity for a guy who's agility is what made him special. I mean "Jake Tsakalidies upside" done.
FNQ
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 20,007

Post#212 » by FNQ » Mon Dec 14, 2009 1:17 am

I think if it was that dire of a case of osteopubis, there wouldn't be the '4-6 weeks' initial report. The kid is what, 22? He'll be fine.
Chris Cohan
Banned User

Post#213 » by Chris Cohan » Mon Dec 14, 2009 1:21 am

I hope Biedrins is fine. Wouldn't be surprised if he is.
He and Turiaf expected back in abot a week, Sleepy, don't get the panties bunched over the medico lingo to get off the topic of Warriors manipulating injury reports. Randolph wasn't hurt to the degree you and the team said earlier.

Raja Bell
Speedy Claxton
Andris Biedrins
Ronny Turiaf (?)
Brandan Wright (hurt playing basketball)
Devean George, for a time
Kelenna Azubuike

That's over $25 million in potential DIRECT Cohan savings if the insurance game is being worked effectively. Add in the league handout for teams under the lux threshold and we're getting somewhere.

Wonder how the league breaks down those numbers in their gate receipt listings.
Coxy
RealGM
And1: 14,666

Post#214 » by Coxy » Mon Dec 14, 2009 1:24 am

Sleepy51 wrote:And FTR, I don't mean "D"one done.

I mean not special anymore done. Limited moiblity for a guy who's agility is what made him special. I mean "Jake Tsakalidies upside" done.

The cause of osteitis pubis is excessive physical strain on the pubic bone, usually caused by the increasing rigorous demands of competitive sport, particularly soccer and football. In such sports, actions such as running, jumping, kicking and rapid changes of direction cause the abdominal and groin muscles to exercise a pulling or traction force on the pubic bone, which in some cases can result in excessive stress and inflammation. In Australian football this risk is increased by repeated jarring of the pelvis caused when players come down from the high leaps required by the game, and also by tackling from other players. This also forces the pain to arise when performing kicking motions.

The condition can render sufferers incapable of sustained physical activity. There is no specific treatment for the condition and it can seriously affect the careers of footballers affected by it.

Certainly sounds career threatening, thats for sure.
Sleepy51
Forum Mod - Warriors
Forum Mod - Warriors

Post#215 » by Sleepy51 » Mon Dec 14, 2009 1:26 am

Chris Cohan wrote:I hope Biedrins is fine. Wouldn't be surprised if he is.
He and Turiaf expected back in abot a week, Sleepy, don't get the panties bunched over the medico lingo to get off the topic of Warriors manipulating injury reports. Randolph wasn't hurt to the degree you and the team said earlier.

Raja Bell
Speedy Claxton
Andris Biedrins
Ronny Turiaf (?)
Brandan Wright (hurt playing basketball)
Devean George, for a time
Kelenna Azubuike

That's over $25 million in potential DIRECT Cohan savings if the insurance game is being worked effectively. Add in the league handout for teams under the lux threshold and we're getting somewhere.

Wonder how the league breaks down those numbers in their gate receipt listings.

The Warriors keep saying groin or back in the media. They have to give an official medical report to somebody at NBA I assume. That's the only one that discloses the actual condition. They've been very loose about any media injury reports on Dre.

Did you see him walking around the bench the last few games. He looks like a 60 year old.
FNQ
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 20,007

Post#216 » by FNQ » Mon Dec 14, 2009 1:29 am

I could cite the worst case scenarios for the common cold too... it doesnt mean its likely to happen.

if he was struggling with it, he wouldn't be allowed to return and it would be obvious for him... from what I hear its very treatable and is often a one-time malady, especially for younger people.

Bottom line is, no more national team for AB.
Coxy
RealGM

Post#217 » by Coxy » Mon Dec 14, 2009 1:30 am

Until recently there was no specific treatment for osteitis pubis. As it frequently causes long-term problems, medication, stretching and strengthening of the stabilising muscles are usually used. Topol, in Argentina, used glucose and lignocaine injections (prolotherapy or regenerative injection therapy) to restart the healing process and generate new connective tissue in 72 elite athletes with chronic groin/abdominal pain who had failed a conservative treatment trial. The treatment consisted of monthly injections to ligament attachments on the pubis. Their pain had lasted an average of 11 months, ranging from 3–60 months. The average number of treatments received was 3, ranging from 1–6. Their pain improved by 82%. Six athletes did not improve, and the remaining 66 returned to unrestricted sport in an average of 3 months.[2] Surgical intervention, such as wedge resection of the pubis symphysis, is sometimes attempted in severe cases[3], but its success rate is not high, and surgery may lead to later pelvic problems.

Bejeezuz, this OsteoPubis sounds like it could be a pretty serious setback for an athlete.

I'm wondering if it was ball or sex that detached the ligaments in his pubis.
Chris Cohan
Banned User

Post#218 » by Chris Cohan » Mon Dec 14, 2009 1:32 am

Case closed: Insurance Scam.
Sleepy51
Forum Mod - Warriors
Forum Mod - Warriors

Post#219 » by Sleepy51 » Mon Dec 14, 2009 1:34 am

FireNellieQuick wrote:I could cite the worst case scenarios for the common cold too... it doesnt mean its likely to happen.

if he was struggling with it, he wouldn't be allowed to return and it would be obvious for him... from what I hear its very treatable and is often a one-time malady, especially for younger people.

I hope.

But the pelvis bears all of your upper body's weight. How do you move without putting pressure on it, and how do you let an instability in the connective ligaments heal with constant pressure and movement?

It's not like you can put it in a boot.
Coxy
RealGM

Post#220 » by Coxy » Mon Dec 14, 2009 1:35 am

FireNellieQuick wrote:I could cite the worst case scenarios for the common cold too... it doesnt mean its likely to happen.

Being young should definately put recovery in his favour, I'm just wondering how bad it had gotten before he stopped playing. Hopefully it was in its initial stages when they got to it because by the sounds of it, the longer you leave it, the worse it can get, kinda like the way a stress fracture works.

Any serious injury related to a players core has to be a major concern for his employers.

Return to Golden State Warriors