ImageImageImageImageImage

PG : Hedo = 53 mill/5 years

Moderators: 7 Footer, Duffman100, HiJiNX, niQ, Morris_Shatford, DG88, Reeko, lebron stopper

KJS1508
Pro Prospect
And1: 0

Re: PG : Hedo = 53 mill/5 years 

Post#421 » by KJS1508 » Mon Jan 25, 2010 4:06 am

Tha Cynic wrote:
mtamasi wrote:lots of Kobe fans because he's Kobe Bryant and he's one of the best ball players EVER. personally, i don't like him much but if you're a ball fan he's a good one to cheer for

Exactly. I don't understand the fans on this board. They complain about how the Raptors don't try or give a ****, and here we have one of the greatest players ever to play the game, a guy who's known for being a very hard worker, a guy who keeps adding to his game in his 30s, and is known for being one of the most competitive players in any sport. You're wondering why he has fans? I question those who can't appreciate great basketball, not those who actually understand who the greats are. Isn't someone who plays like Kobe Bryant, the reason why we watch sports in the first place?

I would say, the Lakers are easily this city's second favourite team. You never see this kind of split in the crowd for any other team, and it's all because most fans can appreciate the type of player Kobe Bryant is.

Of all the other teams I like the Laker but its kinda ridiculous how many bandwagon fans they have. These same fans would never make it out too the ACC if the Lakers were sucking it up. I wish basketball was like soccer stadiums at times. If you cheer for the opposing team you would get your ass whopped.
NG15
Bench Warmer
And1: 155

Post#422 » by NG15 » Mon Jan 25, 2010 4:06 am

Man, am I jealous. My brother got to talk to Kobe, Odom, Gasol, Phil Jackson about 30 minutes ago. (He works at terminal-3 at the airport). Said everyone on the Lakers seemed happy, except Artest and Morrison (he's probably always pissed off). Said Phil Jackson was extremely nice (had a good 5 minute convo with him).
Maru
Ballboy

NBA.com Lakers/Raptors Recap "Was that a foul? Tough call." 

Post#423 » by Maru » Mon Jan 25, 2010 4:08 am

Nba.com recap calls the last foul questionable (at around 1:15).

I usually catch this recap since it gives you a different view of the game. But his one was weird. They capped nothing but the fourth (missing Barg's nice dunk, Hedo's touch pass etc. etc.).

http://www.nba.com/video/games/raptors/2010/01/24/0020900648_lal_tor_recap.nba/

Anyways, do you agree with them about the last foul? Why/Why not?
ATLTimekeeper
RealGM
And1: 21,995

Re: NBA.com Lakers/Raptors Recap "Was that a foul? Tough call." 

Post#424 » by ATLTimekeeper » Mon Jan 25, 2010 4:11 am

I think in the ledger of "was that a foul?" history, the Lakers are doing pretty well for themselves. There was definitely lots of contact (Artest got him twice, for sure), but usually they swallow their whistles on those plays.
Tofubeque
RealGM
And1: 14,200

Post#425 » by Tofubeque » Mon Jan 25, 2010 4:11 am

T-Rap1 wrote:was hedo's last play a questionable call according to nba tv people it was

personally i thought there was a lot of contact in the play and a good call by the refs

Yep. If Kobe or LeBron makes that exact same drive and gets that call, nobody would give it a second glance.
props Turbozone
Tha Cynic
RealGM
And1: 24,557

Post#426 » by Tha Cynic » Mon Jan 25, 2010 4:13 am

AllKnowingNBAer wrote:With all due respect to Kobe and his work ethic...you still have loyalty to your team over everyone. Your team represents your city and you sure as hell don't support a team that is only good because they are popular. The Lakers management has had every advantage throughout history building their team because of the popularity of the city with guys like Shaq, Kobe, and more recently Artest and Fisher forcing their way to go there over anywhere else. Fishy one-sided trades (like the Gasol one) helps as well. Bynum and Odom are their only legitimate acquisitions.

I'd never support a team, that although their star player works hard, has had it so easy putting together a championship team.

Personally, I don't think a fan has to support the city they live in. A fan chooses a specific team for whatever reason, and cheers for them. I became a Lakers fan after Kobe was acquired, but still supported them through the couple of losing seasons, and will continue to do so. They've always been my west team. Yes, they've been lucky, but I'm not going to suddenly stop watching the Raptors if they make a lopsided trades that just seem unfair. If management puts together a good team, players will go to play on that team. The Lakers didn't draft Kobe, but their management knew about him and after watching him practice knew they had to do everything they could to trade for him. They then did everything they could to put together a dynasty. That's great management, not something we should be spiteful about.

A team like the Toronto Maple Leafs are in the exact same position as a team like the Lakers, but they've continuously failed. The Lakers' management has done what it takes to put together a good team and have been successful doing it. Those couple of subpar season they had, led to their best player asking for them to trade their young talent to improve, but they held back and finally ended up with Gasol, added Fisher and got back to the top. I'm not sure how the Gasol trade was fishy when it was basically one team dumping salary and getting back a very good player, who has a chance to be an all-star. In fact Marc has been more impact than Pau this season. The Garnett trade was no different, yet you never hear anyone talk about that one.

This is getting way out of topic now, but anyways good win for the Raptors, and best game I've been to this season.
Kobe Bryant:You asked for my hustle - I gave you my heart, because it came with so much more."~Kobe #MambaOut
City Wok Guy
Junior
And1: 134

Post#427 » by City Wok Guy » Mon Jan 25, 2010 4:13 am

Those boo's when Hedo were shooting free throws were loud. Never knew there were that many Laker fans in Toronto. I like the Lakers and all but common peepz support your own team at home.
C.Boshly
Analyst
And1: 605

Post#428 » by C.Boshly » Mon Jan 25, 2010 4:14 am

Definately was a foul. Watch in slow motion and look at Turks right shoulder.
basketball royalty
RealGM
And1: 2,963

Post#429 » by basketball royalty » Mon Jan 25, 2010 4:15 am

Tofubeque wrote:
T-Rap1 wrote:was hedo's last play a questionable call according to nba tv people it was

personally i thought there was a lot of contact in the play and a good call by the refs

Yep. If Kobe or LeBron makes that exact same drive and gets that call, nobody would give it a second glance.

I think you have to get hammered to win a game at the line. Do you guys remember back in the late VC days when he would try that sort of stuff hoping for a call? We never got it, luckily we got it today. Maybe the ref was having a flashback and thought this was the same Hedo that played for the Magic.
props to Turbozone for the sig
mtamasi
Pro Prospect
And1: 6

Post#430 » by mtamasi » Mon Jan 25, 2010 4:15 am

99 Problems wrote:
cinnamon wrote:
I've read it over several times. You have highlighted the part about the board having a number of female posters.
You don't think these things are one of the reasons the female posters on this board tend to keep a very low profile? I certainly think so. You don't think the female posters are relevant in any way to this discussion? I think that is what Prelude was getting at.
I would like to see the board have a welcoming atmosphere for both male and female posters, and I think some of the material in the threads tonight don't support that.
Evidently you disagree, which is your right to do.

Wow, I was just remarking I didn't know there were female posters here.. Calm down goddammit.. Are you a female poster yourself?

lol i got your joke 99, it made me laugh. good post, i'm assuming you were referring to the # of female posters thread that was locked recently, see reading does help... but now you have the religious posters after you too lol. you know what they say about politics and religion...

btw, to all the female posters readers out there in Raptors RealGM land, women that follow ball are wicked cool. i would say chicks cos that's the way i speak in the real world but at this time it'd be as inappropriate as some sort of bad "gang" activities joke... sorry JDilla lol, just having fun at your expense
djsunyc
RealGM
And1: 67,447

bargnani defense... 

Post#431 » by djsunyc » Mon Jan 25, 2010 4:17 am

i just watched the 2nd half again.

bargs did 3 things on defense in the 2nd half:

1. guard pau
2. guard bynum
3. help on kobe down the stretch

get this - the guys bargs were guarding scored on him ONCE.

outside of the pau fake right go left hook, not one player scored on him despite multiple fg attempts. he bodied them up into tough positions and had his arm outsretched on any shot up.

oh yeah, and a side note, he still dropped 14 in the 2nd half, 12 in the final quarter. CALIPER TEST BABY.
danny-callahan
Head Coach
And1: 84

Post#432 » by danny-callahan » Mon Jan 25, 2010 4:18 am

I don't know. It just shows you the bias these guys always have against the 'Canadian team'. It sucks, but it's true.

Do you think NBA.com would have questioned the poorly officiated end to the game where Kobe hit that shot against the Kings, after he clearly fouled Rodriguez and traveled before it? Or what about the fact LeBron James travels on nearly every play? The phantom fouls comitted against guys like Melo, Wade, etc?
ghuytro
RealGM
And1: 1,050

Post#433 » by ghuytro » Mon Jan 25, 2010 4:19 am

I like how they were trying to use that Varajao foul as an example of a "tough call".

Varajao got frickin sandwiched between 2 Laker players which restricted his movement to go for the rebound and his arm was held.

:lol:
bling_singh
General Manager
And1: 13

Post#434 » by bling_singh » Mon Jan 25, 2010 4:19 am

yea...he was trying to pass the ball when the foul was called.
Tofubeque
RealGM

Re: bargnani defense... 

Post#435 » by Tofubeque » Mon Jan 25, 2010 4:19 am

That's... actually pretty impressive.
props Turbozone
Upgrayedd
Bench Warmer

Post#436 » by Upgrayedd » Mon Jan 25, 2010 4:19 am

I think it was a foul, I'm just surprised that it was called. The Lakers were getting away with more contact on some of the previous plays before that one. That's on top of the fact that it was at that point of the game where calls like that aren't made.
Throwback24
RealGM
And1: 41,651

Post#437 » by Throwback24 » Mon Jan 25, 2010 4:19 am

danny-callahan wrote:
Throwback24 wrote:I didn't know there were female posters present either, I always assumed the 'female posters' were dudes posing as gals to be perfectly honest. But eh.

I'm pretty sure the only female poster is boshprincess, but there are times I think its an act.

There was one other girl who was a Raptor/Hornet fan, yeah again I have my doubts.
Remember when’ is the lowest form of conversation.
Tofubeque
RealGM

Post#438 » by Tofubeque » Mon Jan 25, 2010 4:20 am

ghuytro wrote:I like how they were trying to use that Varajao foul as an example of a "tough call".

Varajao got frickin sandwiched between 2 Laker players which restricted his movement to go for the rebound and his arm was held.

:lol:

Yes but it was against the Lakers.
props Turbozone
basketball royalty
RealGM
And1: 2,963

Post#439 » by basketball royalty » Mon Jan 25, 2010 4:20 am

Amon wrote:Those boo's when Hedo were shooting free throws were loud. Never knew there were that many Laker fans in Toronto. I like the Lakers and all but common peepz support your own team at home.

Doesn't bother me, if I lived in LA or saw the Raps play in LA I'd cheer for the Raps. I just think it is stupid if the same people would on another day against the Bobcats be cheering like mad for the Raps.
props to Turbozone for the sig
99 Problems
Banned User
And1: 7

Post#440 » by 99 Problems » Mon Jan 25, 2010 4:20 am

mtamasi wrote:
99 Problems wrote:
cinnamon wrote:
I've read it over several times. You have highlighted the part about the board having a number of female posters.
You don't think these things are one of the reasons the female posters on this board tend to keep a very low profile? I certainly think so. You don't think the female posters are relevant in any way to this discussion? I think that is what Prelude was getting at.
I would like to see the board have a welcoming atmosphere for both male and female posters, and I think some of the material in the threads tonight don't support that.
Evidently you disagree, which is your right to do.

Wow, I was just remarking I didn't know there were female posters here.. Calm down goddammit.. Are you a female poster yourself?

lol i got your joke 99, it made me laugh. good post, i'm assuming you were referring to the # of female posters thread that was locked recently, see reading does help... but now you have the religious posters after you too lol. you know what they say about politics and religion...

btw, to all the female posters readers out there in Raptors RealGM land, women that follow ball are wicked cool. i would say chicks cos that's the way i speak in the real world but at this time it'd be as inappropriate as some sort of bad "gang" activities joke... sorry JDilla lol, just having fun at your expense

Ya man, people are too touchy around here... Its just a forum, no need to take everything so seriously.. Now poor J Dilla is branded as a male chauvinist and I'm some kind of villain myself..

Return to Toronto Raptors