ImageImage

OT: Xbox 360/PS3/Wii

Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25

NeedsMoreCheese
RealGM
And1: 8,369

Post#73 » by NeedsMoreCheese » Fri May 2, 2008 10:25 pm

jerrod wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

we should play this weekend, i'm horrible at everything but the actual driving though. i made it to the next island last night.

i have something i have to get finished tonight (sorry bluejeep) but then i'm gonna play a lot

That sounds good. I think im finally gonna use that 48 hour trial card thing then. After that I suppose im gonna have to pay for xbox live gold. Just never got around to it since I didnt play as much and it would have been a waste.
MikeIsGood
RealGM
And1: 9,687

Post#74 » by MikeIsGood » Sat May 3, 2008 3:25 am

I never exactly thought to look in this thread since I, you know, don't have an Xbox. But that's okay...

So how far is everyone in GTA? Or are you too busy playing online? I haven't tried out the multiplayer yet.
ReasonablySober
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 35,082

Post#75 » by ReasonablySober » Sat May 3, 2008 5:19 am

So I really haven't liked a Nintendo product since the SNES, but the Wii seems to be pretty fun in its own weird way. Anyone here own one?

I'm just not sure I'd play anything besides Mario Kart and maybe that Mario game that everyone loved.
Ryan5UW
General Manager
And1: 1,001

Post#76 » by Ryan5UW » Sat May 3, 2008 5:30 am

DrugBust wrote:So I really haven't liked a Nintendo product since the SNES, but the Wii seems to be pretty fun in its own weird way. Anyone here own one?

I'm just not sure I'd play anything besides Mario Kart and maybe that Mario game that everyone loved.

Yeah, Wii is pretty bad ass, I bought one about a month or so ago. Mario Kart is fun, I picked that up on Sunday when it came out. The cool thing about Wii, for me, is I'm playing different types of games than I have in a long time. Guitar Hero is a must, there's just no arguing with that. Obviously, you wouldn't get it for amazing graphics, because they aren't, but they're still pretty good. You'll end up, most likely, playing more "fun" games - Mario Kart, Super Mario Galaxy, Wii Sports, Guitar Hero, etc. are all good. It's also really cool that you can download all kinds of old school Nintendo, Sega and arcade games. That's a really neat feature. There are other quirky things about it that are cool too. You can't go wrong picking one up.
ReasonablySober
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#77 » by ReasonablySober » Sat May 3, 2008 5:40 am

How much are the old school SNES and NES games? To be honest that would probably be the biggest draw for me.

I really miss the old-school side scrolling platformers. Two weeks ago my brother and I spent maybe eight hours going through old Castlevania games. There's a simplicity yet severe challenge that 3-D just can't match. If a good side-scrolling Castlevania or Ninja Gaiden or Mega Man came out today on one of the Next Gen's I'd be the first in line.
Ryan5UW
General Manager

Post#78 » by Ryan5UW » Sat May 3, 2008 6:16 am

Games start at 500 points (generally $5, unless you get points cheaper, like at Sams for example, but you can even just use your credit card right through the Wii) and range up to around 1,000.

http://www.nintendo.com/wii/virtualconsole

That talks about it, and there is a link to the games that are available.

Looking quickly, I see Castlevania and Castlevania II and Ninja Gaiden II and III available (all are 500 points).
ReasonablySober
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#79 » by ReasonablySober » Sat May 3, 2008 6:21 am

Awesome. I'm sure I'll pick one up in the near future.
TJ_Ford_11
Rookie
And1: 907

Post#80 » by TJ_Ford_11 » Sat May 3, 2008 7:04 am

What makes Guitar Hero more fun than playing a real guitar? I haven't played the game yet, but I always hear about how great it is. I just don't see the point of practicing on a guitar that has buttons for strings. I have already bought pretty decent sounding guitars for $50 and $100.
ReasonablySober
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#81 » by ReasonablySober » Sat May 3, 2008 7:18 am

It's not practice. Guitar Hero really has nothing in common with playing real guitar. It's just really a fun experience, especially when you're a bit lit up with friends. Personally, I like Rock Band more.
Chapter29
RealGM
And1: 1,224

Post#82 » by Chapter29 » Sat May 3, 2008 1:31 pm

MikeIsGood wrote:I never exactly thought to look in this thread since I, you know, don't have an Xbox. But that's okay...

So how far is everyone in GTA? Or are you too busy playing online? I haven't tried out the multiplayer yet.

I am a serious noob. Not very far in the game and can't aim worth a dam. I am so used to the keyboard and mouse (far superior) and my brain is struggling to adjust.

So I will practice a bit and hope for the best.

The game is fun though. I just went on my 2nd date with that girl, but I tend to go a little crazy stealing cars and getting into chases with the cops. Just got arrested and lost my gun and knife. Ugh.
MickeyDavis
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 45,533

Post#83 » by MickeyDavis » Sat May 3, 2008 1:56 pm

TJ_Ford_11 wrote:What makes Guitar Hero more fun than playing a real guitar? I haven't played the game yet, but I always hear about how great it is. I just don't see the point of practicing on a guitar that has buttons for strings. I have already bought pretty decent sounding guitars for $50 and $100.

I play guitar. There is no comparison between GH and playing a real guitar. GH is a VIDEO GAME. It's a blast. Playing a real guitar (I have a Fender) is fun too. But you can't compare the two, they are nothing alike.
Ryan5UW
General Manager

Post#84 » by Ryan5UW » Sat May 3, 2008 2:45 pm

DB and MD are both exactly right about Guitar Hero - it's just fun to play, adding in some drinks never hurts :wink: and the soundtrack is pretty decent too...
"It's an illusion, Michael. A trick is something a whore does for money."
MickeyDavis
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 45,533

Post#85 » by MickeyDavis » Sat May 3, 2008 2:54 pm

My son has both GH and RB. I think GH is more fun, I like the music selection much more and I think the drums and vocals of RB are pretty lame.
showtimesam
Veteran
And1: 32

Post#86 » by showtimesam » Sat May 3, 2008 3:02 pm

I have a Wii...
Mario Kart online is a blast, and Mario Galaxy is great as well.

Plus Wii Sports is a great game to have when you have some friends over.

If you really like side scrolling games a DS might be a good bet for you. My brother has Castlevania for it and loves it.

PS:
My Xbox 360 was recently fixed, and now I'm trying to debate if I should trade it in and get a PS3 to avoid anymore hardware problems and also watch Blu-Ray movies on my HDTV.

Hmmm, it would be tough to give up Halo...
jerrod
RealGM
And1: 133
Location: The Berkeley of the midwest/ born with the intent/ to distress any government/ right of the left

Post#87 » by jerrod » Sat May 3, 2008 4:37 pm

i play guitar and bass and i can't imagine it's anything like it

i've heard though, that if you can do well on the rockband drums at a high difficulty level, you'd actually be able to play a real drum set decently
smacks1
Senior
And1: 15

Post#88 » by smacks1 » Sat May 3, 2008 9:32 pm

I have GH & RB. I think GH is a little more challenging (comparing guitar parts) I do like the weekly updated DLC from RB and I find myself playing (or attempting) to play the drums. GH also has plans to add vocals, mic and drums in the future as wel.

Anyway, I have put them both down for the last week since I picked up GTA. The graphics are decent, but the freeplay and scope of the game are amazing.

I'm also going to be picking up Singstar when it comes out, and the wife wants to pick up Wii Fit in may which looks to be an interesting concept.
Max Green
RealGM
And1: 4,668

Post#89 » by Max Green » Sat May 3, 2008 10:23 pm

Anyone that has this game having problems with it freezing at all? I want to buy it but I've heard there have been some issues

Nope, it hasn't froze up on me at all and I pretty much leave it on all day. Also it's a little bit harder then the previous versions as far as fighting and dealing with the police is concerned. The police will automatically unload on you if you touch them or there car.
Vice President of Parker-Nation.
#Jabariunleashed
#OwnTheFuture
:wizard: Maxtradamus
Johnny Newman
Banned User
And1: 0

Post#90 » by Johnny Newman » Sun May 4, 2008 11:53 am

MikeIsGood wrote:I never exactly thought to look in this thread since I, you know, don't have an Xbox. But that's okay...

My last GTA4 mission was throwing a brick into a guys shop. After that I mainly horse around or do online cops and crooks.
SupremeHustle
RealGM
And1: 28,497

Post#91 » by SupremeHustle » Sun May 4, 2008 3:18 pm

jschligs wrote:Am I the only one who doesn't know who the **** SupremeHustle is?
jerrod
RealGM
And1: 133
Location: The Berkeley of the midwest/ born with the intent/ to distress any government/ right of the left

Post#92 » by jerrod » Sun May 4, 2008 7:55 pm

awesome

anyone still playing forza?

Return to Milwaukee Bucks