ImageImage

Only Redd trade to Cavs I'd do...

Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25

europa
RealGM
And1: 471

Post#37 » by europa » Wed May 28, 2008 10:37 pm

Debit One wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

I continue to believe that, despite the fact that Redd fits perfectly in Cleveland, that will not be where he ends up simply because the Bucks will be able to find a better deal elsewhere.

It's my hope that if Hammond can't find a better deal for Redd than anything the Cavs can offer on their own that he just keeps him. I really don't like the idea of giving Redd away.
Nothing will not break me.
BucksRuleAll22
Banned User
And1: 0

Post#38 » by BucksRuleAll22 » Wed May 28, 2008 10:43 pm

The Cavs are not hurting on defense. Lebron has no help at all and is good enough to take a team to atleast the 2nd round in the playoffs by his self. They do not need Redd to play D. Lebron gets double or trippled teamed and Redd would light teams up and open it up for Lebron.

I see Redd scoring like 26+ ppg for the next 2-3 years with Lebron. Theres a reason why Redd is on team USA.
L&H_05
RealGM
And1: 94

Post#39 » by L&H_05 » Wed May 28, 2008 10:50 pm

europa wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

If people believe LeBron could be gone after his contract expires (I'm not sold on that but plenty of other people are), then the window is short period. Chasing after something you hope will get the job done may not be as smart a move as getting something you know will get the job done. And you really do continue to sell Redd short. He's not just a shooter; he's a scorer. That may sound like the same thing but it's not. Plenty of guys can shoot and get points but not a lot of guys can score the way Redd can. He did have a down season by his standards this year but going to Cleveland and teaming with LeBron could be just what he needs to get his game back on track.

I wouldn't view this like the Celtics getting a Ray Allen whose game was in decline. Redd still has at least 2-3 more years in my opinion of producing at a high level. And that fits perfectly with the time frame the Cavs need to prove something to LeBron in terms of going out and getting the right type of players to team with him.
Oh trust me, I understand completely that Redd is an elite level scorer.. I catch about 40+ Bucks games on league pass a year for the simple fact that Redd is one of my favorite players.. Even though I may portray a different front on this board.. He is indeed one of my favorite players to watch in the league..

Ironically, my biggest concern is perhaps Redd's biggest and best attribute, which is indeed his scoring... It's in the context of how that would mesh here, and how his scoring would come about..

I'm afraid that by acquiring Redd, the Cavs will continue to go with LBJ at point-forward... I understand that on the surface that looks like a solid plan, and I agree that down the stretch of a game that is where the ball needs to be.. However, I want LBJ's offensive game to expand, and IMO, that can only be done by taking him off the ball, and getting him comfortable in finding scoring spots on the floor that he's able to dominate from...

Sure, they could perhaps do that all the while integrating Redd into the offense, but I believe that adding a better backcourt player that can contribute with the ball handling duties as well as initiating the offense duties would speed up that process and ultimately make for a better fit..I'm looking for a player that can dribble penetrate and finish as opposed to being able to score from the perimeter..

I guess, I would prefer a little more playmaking ability from a newly acquired player as opposed to scoring being the main attribute brought to the table... Especially since Redd tends to have scenarios in which he pounds the ball and it doesn't move when isolated..

europa wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

And I'm not thrilled about the Bucks getting a** raped in a deal with the Cavs for Redd. Looks like a lose-lose for both of us.
Nor should you be.. Then again, I do believe he's vastly overrated in terms of most of the packages (them being better than Cavs packages) that are constantly being turned down by many of the fans...

He's only getting older, and his game is limited in some aspects... Regardless of what the Bucks get and from whom, I don't believe many fans are going to be thrilled with the package in return...Because I don't believe there's going to be a huge market for him due to the fact that I believe only contending teams are going to make a play... I can't see a younger team making a serious offer for Redd.. Including the Minnesota deals I see floating around... If you really look at the makeup of their team, the way they defend, and the fact that they play out West, I can't see any scenario in which Redd and his money plus dropping 5 spots back is that much of a difference maker for them...

If it doesn't give a team a chance to compete for a title, I don't see why they pull the trigger ???
L&H_05
RealGM
And1: 94

Post#40 » by L&H_05 » Wed May 28, 2008 10:56 pm

BucksRuleAll22 wrote:The Cavs are not hurting on defense. Lebron has no help at all and is good enough to take a team to atleast the 2nd round in the playoffs by his self. They do not need Redd to play D. Lebron gets double or trippled teamed and Redd would light teams up and open it up for Lebron.

I see Redd scoring like 26+ ppg for the next 2-3 years with Lebron. Theres a reason why Redd is on team USA.
This is just wrong on so many levels...
europa
RealGM
And1: 471

Post#41 » by europa » Wed May 28, 2008 11:02 pm

As I said in another thread I'm willing to lower my expectations for what the Bucks can get in a trade for Redd. So I'm not sitting here hoping the Bucks are going to get a major player in return for him. I just don't think the Cavs have anything of real value to offer in return for him. If the Cavs want Redd, I really think they need to get a third team involved who, at the very least, has a promising young starter the Bucks can bring back in return for Redd.

I agree that the market for Redd is limited because only the contenders would take on his contract. The Bucks are in a tough spot because their three most marketable assets (Redd, Mo and Villanueva) all have major issues of some kind working against them.

1. Redd likely would only be of interest to a contender who's willing to absorb his contract.

2. Mo isn't a starter in the eyes of many teams in this league which means you don't care about the luxury tax if you bring him in as a backup or you have the precise type of fit he needs to be a starter (Cleveland would be that fit).

3. Villanueva can't defend and his effort is pretty putrid a lot of the time. And it's not like that's a big secret around the league.

I've excluded Yi from the assets only because I don't see the Bucks trading him at this time.

The guy the Cavs should be going after is Mo and I know you agree with that. I don't think he'll help you as much as Redd will but the cost will be less and a Cavs deal for Mo is much easier to swallow for the Bucks than a Redd deal would be. I'm not sold on the Cavs having a helluva lot for Mo either but I'd be willing to take Varejao/19/filler for Mo/filler if it could be worked out. I'd still be reluctant to make that trade because the Cavs would be getting the best player in the deal (Mo) and nine times out of 10 the team that gets the better player in the deal is the one who got the best of the trade. But I do think this offer has a chance to at least be a wash - assuming the player at 19 becomes a quality starter.
Nothing will not break me.
El Duderino
RealGM
And1: 1,324

Post#42 » by El Duderino » Thu May 29, 2008 6:42 am

europa wrote:
The guy the Cavs should be going after is Mo and I know you agree with that. I don't think he'll help you as much as Redd will but the cost will be less and a Cavs deal for Mo is much easier to swallow for the Bucks than a Redd deal would be.

I think Mo is an ideal target for the Cavs on multiple levels. Mo makes half the money, is younger, is a better fit, and likely wouldn't cost as much in return.

With LeBron there, Mo would get to play that half PG/half SG role that he's perfectly suited for. Redd is a bigger name, but i think Mo fits their needs better. He can not only score, Mo can relieve some of the pressure on James to handle the ball so much. Plus, Mo has developed into one of the best midrange jump shooters in the game. With all the attention James draws while driving the lane, Mo would get tons of wide open midrange jumpers.

Return to Milwaukee Bucks