OFFICIAL: radmanovic for morrison

Moderators: Andre Roberstan, HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Texas Chuck, MoneyTalks41890, Mamba4Goat, pacers33granger, Trader_Joe, loserX

InBoobieWeTrust
General Manager
And1: 0

Re: OFFICIAL: radmanovic for morrison 

Post#16 » by InBoobieWeTrust » Sat Feb 7, 2009 8:57 pm

Regardless of the one extra year of the contract, Radmonivich is 25x the player Morrison is(if you can even call that shmuck a player).
Smills91
Banned User
And1: 2

Post#17 » by Smills91 » Sat Feb 7, 2009 8:58 pm

:lmao:
vege
RealGM
And1: 4,258

Post#18 » by vege » Sat Feb 7, 2009 9:01 pm

0.o how the hell Lakers get this kind of trades. Geez, Radman? Seriously? I feel bad for Charlotte fans.
gswhoops
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 3,789

Post#19 » by gswhoops » Sat Feb 7, 2009 9:02 pm

Holy crap....
SportsFan215
Assistant Coach
And1: 60

Post#20 » by SportsFan215 » Sat Feb 7, 2009 9:10 pm

I thought this was a joke at first. Great trade for the Lakers even though I'm not an Adam Morrison fan.
dockingsched
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 21,728

Post#21 » by dockingsched » Sat Feb 7, 2009 9:10 pm

KM44 wrote:Who is the bobcats GM, cause he should be taken out back and beaten. I mean the first trade with pawning off richardson for frikin Diaw and Bell was terrible, now this?! What is he doing?

well, its not that bad. people exaggerating a bit. morrison is awful, borderline not even nba worthy. they got a better player, but took on one extra yr. don't know what else they could have gotten.
"We must try not to sink beneath our anguish, Harry, but battle on." - Dumbledore
InBoobieWeTrust
General Manager

Post#22 » by InBoobieWeTrust » Sat Feb 7, 2009 9:14 pm

dcash4 wrote:
KM44 wrote:Who is the bobcats GM, cause he should be taken out back and beaten. I mean the first trade with pawning off richardson for frikin Diaw and Bell was terrible, now this?! What is he doing?

well, its not that bad. people exaggerating a bit. morrison is awful, borderline not even nba worthy. they got a better player, but took on one extra yr. don't know what else they could have gotten.

Exactly, how is L.A. so giddy to get someone as TERRIBLE as Morrison?
Mindflayer
Rookie
And1: 12

Post#23 » by Mindflayer » Sat Feb 7, 2009 9:16 pm

Morrison's ceiling is Radmonovich. Just a salary dump for the Lakers.
MaryvalesFinest wrote:
"J-Rich is a better dunker than Kobe and can put up the same stats if he was "the man" of the Lakers, advantage = J-Rich"
Nicky Nix Nook
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 153

Post#24 » by Nicky Nix Nook » Sat Feb 7, 2009 9:17 pm

loserX wrote:All part of the Bobcats' 3010 cap plan.

:lol:

this is a trade where I would say both teams say no...but both teams said yes?
Crimson King
Pro Prospect
And1: 31

Post#25 » by Crimson King » Sat Feb 7, 2009 9:17 pm

Beno Udrih is tradeable, no doubt.

What an awful trade for the Bobcats, I can't believe that.
dockingsched
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#26 » by dockingsched » Sat Feb 7, 2009 9:22 pm

InBoobieWeTrust wrote:
dcash4 wrote:

Exactly, how is L.A. so giddy to get someone as TERRIBLE as Morrison?

well, one of the financial benefits of trading a 3yr contract for a 2 yr contract is that now its a lot easier to resign ariza and odom. as far as their on court contributions, radman isn't even in the rotation, so its not that big of a deal.
"We must try not to sink beneath our anguish, Harry, but battle on." - Dumbledore
RIPskaterdude
RealGM
And1: 36,517

Post#27 » by RIPskaterdude » Sat Feb 7, 2009 9:22 pm

zar wrote:Beno Udrih is tradeable, no doubt.

What an awful trade for the Bobcats, I can't believe that.

This is true! I have hope now! If Radmanovic can be traded, so can Beno! :D
dockingsched
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#28 » by dockingsched » Sat Feb 7, 2009 9:28 pm

i'm sure the kings could find a team with a terrible player on a 4 yr deal to take on udrih's 5 yr deal.
xxSnEaKyPxx
RealGM
And1: 15,576

Post#29 » by xxSnEaKyPxx » Sat Feb 7, 2009 9:54 pm

Its really not all that bad for the Bobcats. To start, no big name free agent will ever sign with Charlotte, at least not any time soon, so cap room really isn't that big of a deal to them. To go with that, they are competing for the playoffs and this trade will get them closer to it. Radmonavic is overpayed, but he has playoff experience and is a huge upgrade over Morrison.

Everyone knocked the Jason Richardson trade, including me, but that has turned out great for the Bobcats. I have a feeling this will too.
InBoobieWeTrust
General Manager

Post#30 » by InBoobieWeTrust » Sat Feb 7, 2009 9:55 pm

DGrangeRx33 wrote:Its really not all that bad for the Bobcats. To start, no big name free agent will ever sign with Charlotte, at least not any time soon, so cap room really isn't that big of a deal to them. To go with that, they are competing for the playoffs and this trade will get them closer to it. Radmonavic is overpayed, but he has playoff experience and is a huge upgrade over Morrison.

Everyone knocked the Jason Richardson trade, including me, but that has turned out great for the Bobcats. I have a feeling this will too.

+1
raleigh
Head Coach
And1: 514

Post#31 » by raleigh » Sat Feb 7, 2009 10:01 pm

Please.

What this does is insure that the Bobcats will continue to be mediocre.

No vision. Again.
qclakers
Rookie
And1: 1

Post#32 » by qclakers » Sat Feb 7, 2009 10:08 pm

Wow! Another great job by Mitch! Morrison is a project and maybe he doesn't pan out but Shannon Brown is just the type of player that excels under Phil. Strong gaurd and tough. He could maybe play some good minutes at the point and provide some D at the position.
InBoobieWeTrust
General Manager

Post#33 » by InBoobieWeTrust » Sat Feb 7, 2009 10:10 pm

The last thing you'll get from shannon brown is some D.
inrapscity
General Manager
And1: 62

Post#34 » by inrapscity » Sat Feb 7, 2009 10:13 pm

Radmanovic is way better than the package given and fitted well with the Lakers, can shoot, can pass, decent defense on bigs. I wouldn't rate this as a good trade for the Lakers. Yes.... upside (if u choose to see it, I don't) and better contracts but when you're chasing a title does it really matter? It's not even going to help them this off-season.

For those of you who dunno, MJ's not the GM.

Yes, Richardson deal was bad but I'm not going to say that this one is. Clearly got the better player and given the Bobcats' current construction, long-term contracts aren't a problem. So, good for them. Morrison looked certain to not pan out so there was no point in keeping him for his rights.

Bobcats' roster is much better constructed now regardless of the Richardson deal.
spectre_
Lead Assistant
And1: 15

Post#35 » by spectre_ » Sat Feb 7, 2009 10:15 pm

Are you kidding me? Richardson for Boris & Raja was great for us! You won't find ANY Bobcats' fan disliking that trade...until Crash went down we'd won 5 of 6, culminating with an OT win against the Lakers in OT! At that point we were playing with the 4th best defense in the league.

Morrison is total crap. He's gotten every opportunity yet he has no "confidence". Cutting bait with him is all that was left to do. I'm amazed we got anyone breathing for him.

DGrangeRx33 wrote:Its really not all that bad for the Bobcats. To start, no big name free agent will ever sign with Charlotte, at least not any time soon, so cap room really isn't that big of a deal to them. To go with that, they are competing for the playoffs and this trade will get them closer to it. Radmonavic is overpayed, but he has playoff experience and is a huge upgrade over Morrison.

Exactly. Good post DGrange.
RaptorJ wrote:they (Bobcats' fans) seem to be some of the least intelligent posters on RealGM from some of the trash they say.

Irony

Return to Trades and Transactions