ImageImageImage

The Tom Moore Thread

Moderators: HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, sixers hoops, Sixerscan, Foshan

sixers29
Ballboy
And1: 0

Re: The Tom Moore Thread 

Post#1351 » by sixers29 » Fri Jul 3, 2009 1:17 am

Miller won't be back, we have to forget him. Sixers had to trade him in February.

About Elton Brand, Sixers don't want to trade him but.... Sixers will receive a possible three-team deal (most likely): Brand to Utah, Boozer to Chicago and Hinrich to Philly. If Millsap signs a new deal with Utah Jazz, they won't ask for Elton (obviously).
RETIRE MOSES MALONE'S NUMBER #2 SIXERS jersey!!!
http://www.sixers29.com/2009/01/retire-moses-malones-2-sixers-jersey.html
76ers76ers
Rookie
And1: 33

Post#1352 » by 76ers76ers » Fri Jul 3, 2009 1:18 am

I really wouldn;t be opposed with Lou starting. Because it will easily show weakness and maybe gives Jrue a chance to step it up. Just like what Thad did in his rookie season.
SouthJersey
Starter
And1: 144

Post#1353 » by SouthJersey » Fri Jul 3, 2009 1:20 am

It would be interesting to see how he responds to this. It is kinda something I wanted to see anyways, hope it happens for half a season
STChaser
Starter

Post#1354 » by STChaser » Fri Jul 3, 2009 1:21 am

Agreed that we need to start Lou and forget about Miller. The Miller era has come and gone. He was a PG designed for a win-it-all team, not a team in the rebuilding mode. Ditto for Brand at PF - another piece that now seems horribly out of place. This team needs to commit to the youth and commit to building a team for the future; that entails taking some really hard lumps over the next few years while we mature and ES HAS to be willing to accept this and let our younger guys finally get the experience they need.

STChaser
tmoore
Head Coach
And1: 109

Post#1355 » by tmoore » Fri Jul 3, 2009 1:32 am

I'd say between next Friday and three weeks ...
sixerfan1976
Assistant Coach

Post#1356 » by sixerfan1976 » Fri Jul 3, 2009 1:35 am

or you wait to long on miller..all mle options are gone..and you are stuck with ronnie price. team is worse.....
tmoore
Head Coach

Post#1357 » by tmoore » Fri Jul 3, 2009 1:35 am

STChaser wrote:Agreed that we need to start Lou and forget about Miller. The Miller era has come and gone. He was a PG designed for a win-it-all team, not a team in the rebuilding mode. Ditto for Brand at PF - another piece that now seems horribly out of place. This team needs to commit to the youth and commit to building a team for the future; that entails taking some really hard lumps over the next few years while we mature and ES HAS to be willing to accept this and let our younger guys finally get the experience they need.

That's the best long-term plan, but it could cost Stefanski his job if they don't win a round in 2010. It's a tough balancing act. I agree that Speights should've played in Games 3 and 4 vs. the Magic -- at home, no less.
Kevin12
Banned User

Post#1358 » by Kevin12 » Fri Jul 3, 2009 1:35 am

STChaser wrote:Agreed that we need to start Lou and forget about Miller. The Miller era has come and gone. He was a PG designed for a win-it-all team, not a team in the rebuilding mode. Ditto for Brand at PF - another piece that now seems horribly out of place. This team needs to commit to the youth and commit to building a team for the future; that entails taking some really hard lumps over the next few years while we mature and ES HAS to be willing to accept this and let our younger guys finally get the experience they need.

STChaser

Yeah, the young guys are getting experience. PLAYOFF experience. Both Iguodala and Young have hit game winning shots in the playoffs. It would be dumb for them to not build on that. We're building a young team that has tasted winning. If you take that away from them now by tanking, it would be a horrible decision.
tmoore
Head Coach

Post#1359 » by tmoore » Fri Jul 3, 2009 1:37 am

sixerfan1976 wrote:or you wait to long on miller..all mle options are gone..and you are stuck with ronnie price. team is worse.....

That is a possibility. Once the Turkoglu situation in Portland is determined, it's time to accelerate the process and find out if the Portland sign-and-trade is a legit option.
sixerfan1976
Assistant Coach

Post#1360 » by sixerfan1976 » Fri Jul 3, 2009 1:37 am

other question is..if lou is your PG....you get a backup thru vet min.....what do you use the MLE on...every other position is two deep

lou/vet min/jrue
iguodala/green
thad/kapono
brand/speights
sam/smith
tmoore
Head Coach

Post#1361 » by tmoore » Fri Jul 3, 2009 1:42 am

sixerfan1976 wrote:other question is..if lou is your PG....you get a backup thru vet min.....what do you use the MLE on...every other position is two deep

lou/vet min/jrue
iguodala/green
thad/kapono
brand/speights
sam/smith

Could be a big, in anticipation of a Dalembert trade at the Feb. deadline ...
bebopdeluxe
RealGM
And1: 3,882

Post#1362 » by bebopdeluxe » Fri Jul 3, 2009 1:51 am

Tom:

Speights should have started playing the day that Brand was out for the season.

I am REALLY tired of Stefanski's "GM-ing to save my job" act. Seriously. If they are REALLY going to try to sell us on a Lou/Holiday/minimum salary PG rotation (which, by extension, is an admission that the 2009-2010 season is a season of player development and waiting for contracts to become tradable), then WHY THE F*CK did they not go into that mode once Brand went down this past February? We blew a GOLDEN opportunity to do SO many thiings...

- Play Lou more at PG;

- Start Speights and get him 20-25 mpg

- Play Iguodala at the 2 and Thad at the 3...

What possible benefit did this franchise get from starting Willie Green at SG and giving Reggie Evans so many minutes? And if you are telling me that it was important to make the playoffs last season, then how the f*ck is that consistent with our approach this summer in FA? Huh?

I see teams all around the league pushing the envelope - many of them using THE EXACT SAME MLE CONTRACT that we have - to make moves to try to get better...and STefanski is going to try to sell us Ronnie FREAKING Price and Anthony FREAKING Parker (and Parker - a SG?!? - why the hell would we sign him if the goal is to have Iguodala as our SG by December?).

And the Sixers FO, Snider and the Roberts boys wonder why the Sixers are COMPLETELY irrelevant in this town? Huh??

Philly sports fans know a fraud franchise when they see it. They can SMELL when an ownership group is paying LIP SERVICE to the concept of WINNING. They can see - VERY CLEARLY - when a general manager is going "all in"...and when a GM is in job protection mode. Say what you will about the Flyers decision to trade a highly promising young defensemen and TWO NUMBER ONE PICKS for a 35-year old guy who may or may not still be a horse...many of the Flyers fan base at least appreciate Holmgren going for it...

Ed Snider signed off on the Pronger deal. I wonder if he is also signing off on the Ronnie Price deal.

"Ronnie Price! Way to GO for it, Ed!"

If there was a word that was more pathetic than "pathetic", I would use it right about now.
sixers hoops
Senior Mod - 76ers
Senior Mod - 76ers
And1: 3,059

Post#1363 » by sixers hoops » Fri Jul 3, 2009 1:54 am

bebopdeluxe wrote:Tom:

Speights should have started playing the day that Brand was out for the season.

I am REALLY tired of Stefanski's "GM-ing to save my job" act. Seriously. If they are REALLY going to try to sell us on a Lou/Holiday/minimum salary PG rotation (which, by extension, is an admission that the 2009-2010 season is a season of player development and waiting for contracts to become tradable), then WHY THE F*CK did they not go into that mode once Brand went down this past February? We blew a GOLDEN opportunity to do SO many thiings...

- Play Lou more at PG;

- Start Speights and get him 20-25 mpg

- Play Iguodala at the 2 and Thad at the 3...

What possible benefit did this franchise get from starting Willie Green at SG and giving Reggie Evans so many minutes? And if you are telling me that it was important to make the playoffs last season, then how the f*ck is that consistent with our approach this summer in FA? Huh?

I see teams all around the league pushing the envelope - many of them using THE EXACT SAME MLE CONTRACT that we have - to make moves to try to get better...and STefanski is going to try to sell us Ronnie FREAKING Price and Anthony FREAKING Parker (and Parker - a SG?!? - why the hell would we sign him if the goal is to have Iguodala as our SG by December?).

And the Sixers FO, Snider and the Roberts boys wonder why the Sixers are COMPLETELY irrelevant in this town? Huh??

Philly sports fans know a fraud franchise when they see it. They can SMELL when an ownership group is paying LIP SERVICE to the concept of WINNING. They can see - VERY CLEARLY - when a general manager is going "all in"...and when a GM is in job protection mode. Say what you will about the Flyers decision to trade a highly promising young defensemen and TWO NUMBER ONE PICKS for a 35-year old guy who may or may not still be a horse...many of the Flyers fan base at least appreciate Holmgren going for it...

Ed Snider signed off on the Pronger deal. I wonder if he is also signing off on the Ronnie Price deal.

"Ronnie Price! Way to GO for it, Ed!"

If there was a word that was more pathetic than "pathetic", I would use it right about now.

So you are looking forward to this season :D
Kevin12
Banned User

Post#1364 » by Kevin12 » Fri Jul 3, 2009 1:55 am

Okay, what blockbuster do you want Stefanski and Snider to sign off on?
agiaco
Analyst
And1: 1,126

Post#1365 » by agiaco » Fri Jul 3, 2009 2:15 am

How many minutes are the Sixers expecting out of Jrue his rookie year? I guess it's kind of hard to say now but I'm just curious.
Dedicated_76ers_fan
Banned User
And1: 2

Post#1366 » by Dedicated_76ers_fan » Fri Jul 3, 2009 2:15 am

Not even a blockbuster. I think these guys wanna see us go after it. Be a winning team.

I would too. But, we don't have many pieces to trade. And not only that: But the return is ****

The talent around the league SUCKS and I mean it sucks.
Kevin12
Banned User

Post#1367 » by Kevin12 » Fri Jul 3, 2009 2:16 am

Yeah, that's the thing.

Everyone wants the Sixers to go out and make moves.

But, what moves, and with what pieces?
Westbrook36ptII
Junior

Post#1368 » by Westbrook36ptII » Fri Jul 3, 2009 2:26 am

I don't want them to go out and make moves. There are no moves. Sign a couple mid level FAs and get ready for camp.
Temp using this account until I can get Westbrook36 back.
Kevin12
Banned User

Post#1369 » by Kevin12 » Fri Jul 3, 2009 2:35 am

Hopefully you guys aren't Charlie Buckets deep down looking for that ticket.

We are a winning ball team, IMO.
bebopdeluxe
RealGM
And1: 3,882

Post#1370 » by bebopdeluxe » Fri Jul 3, 2009 2:38 am

I want consistency of an approach. I want them to show us that they have a plan - a CONSISTENT plan - and stick to it. If the starting PG rotation this upcoming season is Williams/Holiday/cheap-azz FA, what does that tell YOU about their expectations for the season...huh?

If you don't want to pizz the season away, how about Jarrett Jack instead of some scrub minimum salary FA? Any discussion of him, Tom or sf76? Probably not - he would cost MONEY. Unlike Parker, Jack can play two positions...including one - POINT GUARD - where we might be a little short on talent or experience come October. And if your response is "well, I'd rather see if Lou can handle the point", then WHY THE F*CK didn't he play the point more last season? Huh?

"Well, we had Andre Miller...and we had ROYAL FREAKING IVEY!!!"

So - to recap - after our bell-cow went down with a season-ending injury last February, instead of using that opportunity to play the kids and answer some VERY important questions about our personnel (questions that are STILL unanswered, by the way), we decided to do whatever we could to MAKE THE PLAYOFFS...starting Willie Green...playing Evans over Speights (even after a 21-game stretch where Speights showed that he could handle an increased workload - especially when he got to play with the starters...I refer you to his "close and late" stats at 82games.com for supporting documentation),...

All I heard from Stefanski the past month or so was, "well, if Turkoglu doesn't hit that shot..."

And yet, you expect the fans of this franchise to buy off on a PG rotation of Lou/Holiday/Price? You expect us to buy off on "well, we now have Elton Brand and Jason Smith!"

Sorry.

I see teams being AGGRESSIVE with the MLE to make their teams better. We could be doing the same. Did we talk to Gortat? Nope...we don't have to upgrade the center position - we have Elton Brand. Are we talking to Jarrett Jack - even if for no other reason than to see if we could get Miller to THINK that we will aggressively move to Plan B unless he accepts two years?

Ha.

They don't have to trade for Shaq or send the entire roster and front office to Detriot to talk to 'Sheed. They just need to show a freaking pulse.

Is that too much to ask?

Return to Philadelphia 76ers