Paul Pierce: "I'm the BEST player in the WORLD"

Moderators: Harry Garris, ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake, Domejandro, infinite11285

miller31time
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 2,125

Re: Paul Pierce: "I'm the BEST player in the WORLD" 

Post#91 » by miller31time » Wed Jul 30, 2008 4:43 pm

PP34RA10 wrote:if he isnt the best he is most definetly top 5

Bryant
Lebron
Pierce
Duncan
Paul

are top 5

theres no way u put Tmac,Wade,Nowitzki,Nash,Iverson,Mello,Howard,Manu,Parker,Bosh,Carter,Hamilton,Johnson ahead of Pierce

Chris Paul
Kobe Bryant
Kevin Garnett
LeBron James
Dwight Howard
Tim Duncan
Dwyane Wade
Deron Williams
Steve Nash

There are 9 players I see as definitively better than Paul Pierce. Obviously, Wade wasn't better last season (since he was mired with injuries and a team vying for Beasley/Rose) but when healthy, it's just not a question. You could make a great argument that Ginobili is better considering his per-40 numbers are all better than Pierce's and that he plays comparable defense. Amare Stoudemire should also be in the equation as he put up nearly 30/11 with 2 and a half blocks per-40 minutes, though his defense isn't as good.
sarah42
Starter
And1: 2

Post#92 » by sarah42 » Wed Jul 30, 2008 4:48 pm

to whoever said posey had the best defense against kobe - wtf where you watching? ray allen was guarding kobe the most - he did the best job and then pierce did the second best job on kobe - posey more then pierce or allen let guys blow by him more - he's getting so overrated. a lot of ppl are forgetting just how great allen played on both sides of the ball in the finals and instead give posey the credit for the defense when posey averaged just around 20 minutes a game in the playoffs. this has just become another hate thread :roll: get over yourselves laker fans who have nothing better to do than diss a really talented player who beat you on one leg! in fact that whole team was tired and hurt and still could have swept your sorry asses! a lot of boston haters in the crowd? i don't blame ya - i'm a sad blue jays fan :( fyi - Pierce is the most important player on this team - ppl will debate about who is better btw kg or pp - but paul means more to that team and the distance btw kobe and paul really isn't that great so let it go kids
inmate347 wrote:
BTW, I still maintain that the 1984 Denver Broncos are Lebron's father
TonyMontana
RealGM
And1: 398

Post#93 » by TonyMontana » Wed Jul 30, 2008 4:50 pm

Pierce is a joke for what he said.
For starters he said this is Spain which shows what a coward he is, if he was the best player then why is it that he has been in the league for almost 10 years and he couldnt take the Cs to the finals in all of those 10 years.
Also he basically took a dump a dump on K.G Ray Allen and the Cs. Nevertheless by him saying this he is placing himself above players like Lebron, Shaq, Kobe, Duncan, C.P etc......which he is kidding himself if he actually thinks that.
One title and now all of a sudden he's the best player in the league,
BiggieSmalls
Senior
And1: 0

Post#94 » by BiggieSmalls » Wed Jul 30, 2008 4:53 pm

that entire celtic team overrates themselves, kobe is 10x the player pierce is, thats why he has 3 rings and was able to lead a team on his own to the finals, unlike pierce whos' team basically was a cellar dwellaer before they added 2 HALL OF FAMERS, than he starts to look good, but what all star player wouldn't succeed in that situation.
DreMiller/Faried>>>>>>>Felton/Smith

Nicolas Batuuuuuuuuuuum!

R.I.P Sean Chancellor
PP34RA10
Banned User

Post#95 » by PP34RA10 » Wed Jul 30, 2008 4:54 pm

miller31time wrote:
PP34RA10 wrote:if he isnt the best he is most definetly top 5

Bryant
Lebron
Pierce
Duncan
Paul

are top 5

theres no way u put Tmac,Wade,Nowitzki,Nash,Iverson,Mello,Howard,Manu,Parker,Bosh,Carter,Hamilton,Johnson ahead of Pierce

Chris Paul
Kobe Bryant
Kevin Garnett
LeBron James
Dwight Howard
Tim Duncan
Dwyane Wade
Deron Williams
Steve Nash

There are 9 players I see as definitively better than Paul Pierce. Obviously, Wade wasn't better last season (since he was mired with injuries and a team vying for Beasley/Rose) but when healthy, it's just not a question. You could make a great argument that Ginobili is better considering his per-40 numbers are all better than Pierce's and that he plays comparable defense. Amare Stoudemire should also be in the equation as he put up nearly 30/11 with 2 and a half blocks per-40 minutes, though his defense isn't as good.

Honestly, What has Deron williams done, and is that makes him better then pierce, gtfoh, same for steve nash, what has he done.

The facts are this

steve nash has played with - Dirk Nowitzki,Prime Micheal Finley,Antawn Jamison,Atoine Walker,Joe Johnson,Amare Stoudamire,Shawn Marion,Barbosa,Boris Diaw,Raja Bell prior to 2007-2008 season

Paul Pierce - Antoine Walker, Ricky Davis,Raef Lafrentz,Delonte West,Kenny Anderson,Wally Szerbiak,Vin Baker,Kedrick Brown,Gerald Green,Young Al jefferson. prior to 2007-2008

and Steve nash with all that talent to work with as a PG, he has failed to make the finals.

Pierce has been to the confrence finals twice and won the nba finals.

Pierce career statistics are some of the best ever in the league, currently he is like the 22 all time scoring average. and he is a winner.

Deron what has he done to be better then pierce???
PP34RA10
Banned User

Post#96 » by PP34RA10 » Wed Jul 30, 2008 4:56 pm

sarah42 wrote:to whoever said posey had the best defense against kobe - wtf where you watching? ray allen was guarding kobe the most - he did the best job and then pierce did the second best job on kobe - posey more then pierce or allen let guys blow by him more - he's getting so overrated. a lot of ppl are forgetting just how great allen played on both sides of the ball in the finals and instead give posey the credit for the defense when posey averaged just around 20 minutes a game in the playoffs. this has just become another hate thread :roll: get over yourselves laker fans who have nothing better to do than diss a really talented player who beat you on one leg! in fact that whole team was tired and hurt and still could have swept your sorry asses! a lot of boston haters in the crowd? i don't blame ya - i'm a sad blue jays fan :( fyi - Pierce is the most important player on this team - ppl will debate about who is better btw kg or pp - but paul means more to that team and the distance btw kobe and paul really isn't that great so let it go kids

PP played by far the best D on kobe, then allen, then posey

PP shut kobe down .
BiggieSmalls
Senior

Post#97 » by BiggieSmalls » Wed Jul 30, 2008 5:04 pm

sarah42 wrote:to whoever said posey had the best defense against kobe - wtf where you watching? ray allen was guarding kobe the most - he did the best job and then pierce did the second best job on kobe - posey more then pierce or allen let guys blow by him more - he's getting so overrated. a lot of ppl are forgetting just how great allen played on both sides of the ball in the finals and instead give posey the credit for the defense when posey averaged just around 20 minutes a game in the playoffs. this has just become another hate thread :roll: get over yourselves laker fans who have nothing better to do than diss a really talented player who beat you on one leg! in fact that whole team was tired and hurt and still could have swept your sorry asses! a lot of boston haters in the crowd? i don't blame ya - i'm a sad blue jays fan :( fyi - Pierce is the most important player on this team - ppl will debate about who is better btw kg or pp - but paul means more to that team and the distance btw kobe and paul really isn't that great so let it go kids

im not a lakers fan, im actually one of the biggest laker haters you will ever meet, but i hate the celtics more than i hate the lakers, and if you want to start talking about health during the finals, ur crazy because boston wasnt the team that was missing a 20/10, 7 footer in the middle. had the lakers been healthy than i guarantee that the lakers would have won the title.
PP34RA10
Banned User

Post#98 » by PP34RA10 » Wed Jul 30, 2008 5:05 pm

BiggieSmalls wrote:

im not a lakers fan, im actually one of the biggest laker haters you will ever meet, but i hate the celtics more than i hate the lakers, and if you want to start talking about health during the finals, ur crazy because boston wasnt the team that was missing a 20/10, 7 footer in the middle. had the lakers been healthy than i guarantee that the lakers would have won the title.

ur a clown for that, when the **** has bynum averaged 20/10
sarah42
Starter

Post#99 » by sarah42 » Wed Jul 30, 2008 5:06 pm

PP34RA10 wrote:

PP shut kobe down .

ray allen was on kobe the most
inmate347 wrote:
PP34RA10
Banned User

Post#100 » by PP34RA10 » Wed Jul 30, 2008 5:08 pm

sarah42 wrote:
PP34RA10 wrote:

PP shut kobe down .

ray allen was on kobe the most

yeah so, kobe lit allen up for like 15 consecutive points in like game 3 or 4 when allen was on him

pp clearly shut kobe down when he was on him, kobe was like 10-40 when pp was on him
meatball sub
RealGM
And1: 8,802

Post#101 » by meatball sub » Wed Jul 30, 2008 5:08 pm

BiggieSmalls wrote:

Did you really just refer to Andrew Bynum as a 20/10 player or was Pau Gasol being on the court every game in the Finals a mirage?
microfib4thewin
Head Coach
And1: 454

Post#102 » by microfib4thewin » Wed Jul 30, 2008 5:11 pm

If Deron Williams has a frontcourt that plays actual defense, they would be crushing everything that comes in their way, and this is coming from a Laker fan.
sarah42
Starter

Post#103 » by sarah42 » Wed Jul 30, 2008 5:14 pm

BiggieSmalls wrote:

lol the reason why you are a hater is what? hit your head on the wall? what did drew do during the regular season against boston to make you think he wold dominate the tough celtics? bynum alone can't teach his teammates to defend! the c's were banged up - rondo with a bad ankle - perk had surgery on his shoulder after the finals - ray had a sick child - pp had a sprained mcl and i doubt kg had slept in a month plus they had played 5 ore games than the lakers. give props to the better team you sore loser!
inmate347 wrote:
PP34RA10
Banned User

Post#104 » by PP34RA10 » Wed Jul 30, 2008 5:14 pm

microfib4thewin wrote:If Deron Williams has a frontcourt that plays actual defense, they would be crushing everything that comes in their way, and this is coming from a Laker fan.

hes still playing with alot of great talent,

carlos boozer, andrei kirlenko, mehmet okur, and jerry sloan is a great coach
BiggieSmalls
Senior

Post#105 » by BiggieSmalls » Wed Jul 30, 2008 5:14 pm

[quote="PP34RA10"]
The facts are this

steve nash has played with - Dirk Nowitzki,Prime Micheal Finley,Antawn Jamison,Atoine Walker,Joe Johnson,Amare Stoudamire,Shawn Marion,Barbosa,Boris Diaw,Raja Bell prior to 2007-2008 season

Paul Pierce - Antoine Walker, Ricky Davis,Raef Lafrentz,Delonte West,Kenny Anderson,Wally Szerbiak,Vin Baker,Kedrick Brown,Gerald Green,Young Al jefferson. prior to 2007-2008

and Steve nash with all that talent to work with as a PG, he has failed to make the finals.

Pierce career statistics are some of the best ever in the league, currently he is like the 22 all time scoring average. and he is a winner.

Deron what has he done to be better then pierce???[/
quote]

First off, pierce is not a winner, he never has been till this year and its not hard to transform to a winner when you add 2 HOF to your lineup, and every vet flocks to your team. pierce had nothing to do with the turnaround.

and secondly, derron williams has his strengths and weaknesses as does pierce but if you want to know what he really does better than pierce, he knows how to make his teammates better. like a chris paul, or tim duncan, or kobe bryant this season or lebron james. pierce doesnt know how to make his teammates better, he needs someone to make him look good, which he proved this year, by getting allen and garnott now all the sudden people think hes the greatest.
DreMiller/Faried>>>>>>>Felton/Smith

Nicolas Batuuuuuuuuuuum!

R.I.P Sean Chancellor
PP34RA10
Banned User

Post#106 » by PP34RA10 » Wed Jul 30, 2008 5:21 pm

BiggieSmalls wrote:
PP34RA10 wrote:The facts are this

Deron what has he done to be better then pierce???[/
quote]

First off, pierce is not a winner, he never has been till this year and its not hard to transform to a winner when you add 2 HOF to your lineup, and every vet flocks to your team. pierce had nothing to do with the turnaround.

and secondly, derron williams has his strengths and weaknesses as does pierce but if you want to know what he really does better than pierce, he knows how to make his teammates better. like a chris paul, or tim duncan, or kobe bryant this season or lebron james. pierce doesnt know how to make his teammates better, he needs someone to make him look good, which he proved this year, by getting allen and garnott now all the sudden people think hes the greatest.

ok, ur wrong

Pierce has played with garbage, unlike the players listed here, id take boozer and kirlenko over antione walker,

forget about nash , hes played with dream teams... and hasnt won a thing.

Pierce played with the worst rosters assembled, so how can u fault pierce for that, last year pierce missed 40 games or so do to injury and the team lost 18 in a row, when he comes back they win.

Pierce has been farther in the playoffs with antioine freaken walker a pf who shot less the 40 % from the field.

the celtics werent supposed to win shi t this year, but because people underate pierce they feel that way. pierce is the most underate player ever
microfib4thewin
Head Coach
And1: 454

Post#107 » by microfib4thewin » Wed Jul 30, 2008 5:21 pm

PP34RA10 wrote:
microfib4thewin wrote:If Deron Williams has a frontcourt that plays actual defense, they would be crushing everything that comes in their way, and this is coming from a Laker fan.

Boozer and Okur are offensive talents that cannot rotate on help defense and does not match up against forwards that are either bigger or faster than them. Now, as a Boston fan, which do you think is more important, being the best offensive player or being a defensive player that can cement team defense?
greenbeans
RealGM
And1: 14,099

Post#108 » by greenbeans » Wed Jul 30, 2008 5:22 pm

so just because Williams and Paul came to loaded teams and it took Pierce a decade to get one theyre better?? what a great basketball mind you are.
PP34RA10
Banned User

Post#109 » by PP34RA10 » Wed Jul 30, 2008 5:23 pm

microfib4thewin wrote:
PP34RA10 wrote:

Boozer and Okur are offensive talents that cannot rotate on help defense and does not match up against forwards that are either bigger or faster than them. Now, as a Boston fan, which do you think is more important, being the best offensive player or being a defensive player that can cement team defense?

KG is better then boozer, im not saying that

still the utah roster is much more complete then the celtics roster. and the coach disparity also is big
sarah42
Starter

Post#110 » by sarah42 » Wed Jul 30, 2008 5:23 pm

yeah so, kobe lit allen up for like 15 consecutive points in like game 3 or 4 when allen was on him

pp clearly shut kobe down when he was on him, kobe was like 10-40 when pp was on him

no the team shut him down - i recongise paul did a great job the times he was on him - but the majority of the time ray allen did the dirty work and was damn great at it! paul though did the best job on lebron thats for sure. there was an article where danny stated the order of defense was allen paul and then posey in terms of efficiency so ainge is giving allen his due - paul has his trophy so all is good! eye of the beholder i guess - but what we can agree on is both allen and piere did a better job than pose - pose is a great roleplayer
inmate347 wrote:

Return to The General Board